Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #226  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

She keeps telling us because she is THE mother, she needs to know how much hubby makes. We politely tell her, thank you for the concern, but we are comfortable.

I was thinking about moving files, but I have two huge filing cabinets filled with stuff. Plus all my work stuff. I work out of the house.

I told our mailman today not to give her our mail .I will stop it, but she has no permission to say...oh, it is okay to bring it all...

I am really stressed out.

I have always let her be close to the kids. Now I just feel this may be a bit too much. I am not feeling good about this at all.

BTW, I had made a comment of FB (yeah...I SHOULD know better) that I was having late V-Day sushi date with my husband...and yes she was there waiting for us.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #227  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Man, I thought my mother in law took the cake, but yours does. I think you see yours more than I see mine and I LIVE with mine. My husband invites her to more things than I would like. She's planning a vacation for all of us to be at the Croatian seaside and I don't ever want to go with her. First, she will be condescending and her behavior is totally embarrassing. Plus, who wants to vacation with their mother in law? She's like the last person in the world I want to spend a day with, let alone 2-3 weeks! ACK!!!

To show up on a Valentine date? Why doesn't your husband ever put his fut down. Like, "Mom, go home!" UGH!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Linds: Thanks!! You look great!!! So SO proud of you!!
Thank you!!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

No real time for personals today... law school is kicking my BUTT this week! I think the next three weeks (until spring break) will be really hectic. I'm not even going to weight myself this week - I'm afraid I will still be at 127 and I will lose my motivation to go to the gym ... since I only have like a 1 hour block of time each day this week to work out, I dont want anything making me drag my feet!

Diana (LA) and Lindsey... I'm with you on the platueas, and I've only just begun :-( ... trying to stay focused on my work-out accomplishments.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #230  

Sum - 1) Thank you and 2) WHOA! Your MIL is crazy! Sorry. Seriously snooping into your personal, financial info?! You guys are adults, and how much you make, what you spend your money on is NONE OF HER BUSINESS!!

Berry - Are you serious? Your MIL needs to know how much you weigh and how much you eat? Good grief. I don't understand how they figure it's ANY of their business! And a vacation for 2-3 weeks with her...God bless you! My MIL keeps telling my DH and I she wants to come visit us, which is ok, but she told me she wants to stay at least 2-3 weeks. That is not ok! I told my DH and he was like I don't think so, maybe a week!

LLBold - Wow, you're one busy chick! I hope things aren't too crazy the next few weeks with school. You're right in keeping focused on workout accomplishments instead of the number on the scale! I think I need to be doing the same thing!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-15-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #231  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Thanks Berry and LindseyLou... I keep telling myself that I will be MIL one day, and hopefully I have learned something from this.

The sad part is. Once kids are grown (3 years). My husband really wants to move away. My MIL is only 65, and very healthy. I know she does not need us here taking care of her yet. I think, maybe 10 -15 years away, will be good, and we will be stronger to come back to care for her and him when they really and truly need us.

Just having a bad day, and feeling sorry for myself. Sorry gals, and Larry

Last edited by Sum38; 02-15-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #232  
Melissa

See, i just remember all these annoying things my mother in law does and vow not to do them with my future daughter in laws. I know that if I snoop or make comments, I won't be welcome and I don't want to be be carved out of my sons' lives. I think sons tend to put up with mothers, it's their wives that don't!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #233  

Height: 5'1"

Well my Valentine dinner was probably the best meal I've ever had in my ENTIRE life. However...being up 6 pounds from Saturday morning is NOT ok. I am really hoping it is sodium.

I have to be honest. I'm finding it really hard to stay on plan on the weekends and then I was invited for drinks on Thursday evening and then a double date Saturday night and then my birthday is next week and I am scared I'm going to fall back into unhealthy patterns because I gave myself some freedom this weekend and I enjoyed it and now I don't want to restrict myself.

I am really happy to have lost the 15 pounds and now the scale is reading 193 and I feel like I'm having a total MELTDOWN because I always get complacent and that's how I end up gaining it back. I did do the 12 miles over the weekend and I thought that would help with the gain but to be up6 pounds shows that it didn't.

Just had to get this off my chest because I feel really vulnerable to my unhealthy patterns right now.

Personals:

Shells- Your dinner sounded soso delicious!!

Lindsey- Way to go on your 5K!!! Congrats! You look great!

Larry- Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Cincimini- Congrats on the new low!!! YAY!

Krampus- I loved your analogy to the "crack den" I am totally right there with you. Except mine is salty food. It'll get better!!

Diana LA- I'm with you. This weight loss is a frustrating process!!

Sum- OMG! I feel so bad for you having to deal with that MIL of yours. I have an idea. Lock her in the safe and then you don't have to worry about your mail, paperwork etc
Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I think sons tend to put up with mothers, it's their wives that don't!
Yes!

Sum - We're here for you! Sometimes they can be rough ladies to put up with, I'm sorry!\

Novel - It has to be water weight, you would have had to eaten over 20,000 calories and I don't think you did that! It'll be gone before you know it! Thank you by the way! I'm curious, what did you have last night that was so amazingly delicious? Great work on the 12 miles!!! I for sure thought with running the 5k and all the exercise I got this weekend I would have kicked that water weight bye-bye, but I haven't completely...yet. We'll get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
Sum- OMG! I feel so bad for you having to deal with that MIL of yours. I have an idea. Lock her in the safe and then you don't have to worry about your mail, paperwork etc
Oh, so THAT is how you get them to stop buggin' ya?!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-15-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #235  

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
I'm curious, what did you have last night that was so amazingly delicious?
Here is the menu from last night....INSANELY INCREDIBLE!!!

Amuse Bouche- Blue point oyster with apple gelee, dry sea scallop w/fresh greens and saffron, roasted beet shot and beet foam

1st Course-Duck Confit Rillette w/proscuitto de Parma, organic greens, glazed fig, balsamic reduction

2nd Course-Lobster Bisque; creamy w/lemon butter poached lobster, radish, baby greens

3rd Course-Pan seared Fillet Mignon w/Winter root vegetable gratin, sauteed spinach, truffle oil, reduction jus

4th Course-Market Fish w/sauteed oyster mushrooms, farmers’ market vegetables, truffle sauce

5th Course-Chocolate taste
Old 02-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

DianaLa: Don't give up! Don't give in... the only way to break a plateau is to power through it. Try changing WHAT you are eating for a couple of days or upping your exercise. Love You!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

OMG Novel! It sounds like you were on TOP CHEF for dinner!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #238  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Novel it sounds like you could have eaten at my fav restaurant, though since you're from NY, I highly doubt you came to Sheboygan WI for dinner, LOL. We always go to this fab restaurant for Valentines day. We skipped it this year, because our schedule was nuts, but in a month or two, we're going. It's a once a year treat, because last V-day we dropped $200 with tip. Definitely worth it, just only once a year, LOL
Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #239  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Yum, yum and yum novelista225

I miss cooking!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Thanks for the encouragement everyone .

Sum - Your MIL is pulling some crazy s*** . She sounds like a real piece of work. Maybe I missed this, but...what is your husband's take on this? Is he at least trying to put her in her place?
As for now... if you don't want to de-friend on her on FB (I can only imagine the drama that would entice), you can always block her from seeing your posts (in the privacy settings under "custom" you can list people who you don't want to see your wall posts). And if he complains, just play dumb and say it must be a Facebook problem . At least you'd be able to have dinner in peace .
That being said, I would also change the locks and NOT give her a key to my house. She is acting ridiculous and like a child...no reason to put up with that, seriously!

novel - I totally understand your weekend difficulties. I'm also a candidate to "make exceptions" for this and that, but from the people on here that have been super successful, it sounds like you just HAVE to stick to your plan. If you go out for drinks... drink water (or diet soda). If you go out for dinner, you order the salad. It's just how it will have to be for now I think
OMG, that meal.... *faints* . There is no way to stay on course for that but... why would you??? It sounds delicious!

Last edited by cincimini; 02-15-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Closed Thread