Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #121  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Stacy It was actually easy avoiding the temptation since there were only 6 cupcakes and 3 of us. We each had 2 and they are gone. No temptation. I also do this with brownies. If I decide to make brownies for our dessert on Saturday, I will bake 6 brownie bites. There's also a Peppridge Farms Petite cake that I like to buy. It's only 4 servings. I cannot trust myself around that stuff. I solve that problem by not having it around or only having it in limited amounts. I agree that it doesn't totally "fix" my issue with food. It's kinda like a drug addict or alcoholic. Don't even tempt yourself by having the stuff around. That urge and desire will always be there.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #122  
Trying to live below 200

Lindsey I forgot to mention. I don't think you need high protein, but you do need some protein. I don't recall if you have any food sensitivities, but eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, and Greek Yogurt are all great sources of protein. They are also relatively low cost.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Diana- I have often thought it to be like alcohol to an alcoholic...at times I gotten so frustrated a thte lack of control I have!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Evening everyone!

First up: Linds - Congratulations on your run! What a great achievement... super proud of you .

stacygee - You can do it...even without the granola thins. I'm thinking I need to start taking out some of the milk in my coffee...it's just adding up

Diana - I wish I was in the US to try the cupcakes. I like whipped icing better than the usual, heavy stuff.

Larry - Great self-control at the pizza place! And congrats on the 2lbs!

LLBold - great job on the hike. I love hiking b/c it doesn't feel like a "work" out

Pint - your cake for the shower sounds delicious!! *drools*

Everyone else: Keep up the good work!!

For me, yesterday was a rough day in terms of food. I did well during the day and even planned a WW dinner, but.. on the way home from my friend's house I had to stop at the store and it went downhill from there. I swear, all I wanted was to buy an entire cake and eat it . I didn't - thank goodness - but I did end up buying a bar of chocolate of which I ate 2/3 . I also ended up eating more of the chicken-broccoli-peach dish than the serving size was, but... I guess there are worse things to splurge on. Oh yeah, I also had 2 glasses of wine .
Weigh-in this morning was 245.6 - 1lbs lower than yesterday despite all the crap I ate, but I'm sure I'll be paying for it on Monday .

Food intake was as follows:
B - 1 whole-wheat roll with fake butter and jam/honey, 1 soft-boiled egg, coffee with milk
L - granola with skim milk and a banana
S - small quark-cream tortelette, coffee with skim milk
D - WW black bean and corn salad, grilled chicken breast, 1/2 roll

I'll probably have a pear later if I end up craving something sweet.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #125  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
Geesh! I can barely keep up with all of you! I heave a bad attitude today. !
I looked at your profile pix matches with you.

I hope you are feeling calmer
Old 02-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincimini View Post
stacygee - You can do it...even without the granola thins. I'm thinking I need to start taking out some of the milk in my coffee...it's just adding up
t.
OHHH- I put milk n y coffee, too... I don't even count that! POOH! I might need to adjust my morning coffee!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

stacy, it's those darn hidden calories...
Old 02-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi, everyone. I haven't been here in about a week. I haven't caught up on all of your posts, either, and I'm not sure I'm going to (so many pages to read ).

It started with TOM. I took a day off because I felt awful and it was fine and I actually didn't go more than a couple hundred calories over goal. But then I did the same thing the next day, and the next day...

I haven't binged and, while I haven't counted calories in a week, I don't think I've gone over maintenance more than once. So, I'm back in, gonna stop procrastinating getting back on track *sigh* I'm frustrated that I kept putting it off for so long.

I'm actually feeling really stressed right now what with academic pressures and depression creeping back in and my anxieties running higher than they need to be and my lack of a support system here at school. I'm not binging to cover it up anymore, which is great! Really, really great, but my food choices have been, well, of the comfort-variety most of the time. I won't neglect my successes, though; I mean, I've chosen salads a few times, I haven't eaten a bunch of sweets or whatever, I mean my choices haven't been horrible, but I nonetheless really need to get back on plan or else I'm going to feel out of control again and I don't need that on top of everything else.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. To sum up, my goal this week is to log all of my food, no matter what. And to try not to view this last week as a "failure" or even a "waste."
Old 02-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #129  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I am up 1.6lbs from the baby shower. I had eaten 4 chicken tenders, a little bit of chips and dip, blah blah blah... but I know it has to be water weight because I've been at or below 1300 since my "start over".

Today I had:

B: none (gonna have to get back on the ball here...)

L: Approximately 1 c. spaghetti w/ 1/4 c. marinara, 1 large meatball (about 2-3 ounces), 1 regular sized reese cup.

Dinner will be a seafood bake. I'm avoiding the potatoes and corn and going straight for the shrimp. I'll have a salad or some leftover asparagus. Well dinner's calling!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Larry – Thank you! Congrats on the 2 pounds!!

Berry – Thank you! That was too funny, I was SO excited to be almost done and DH was taking the pic and told me I had more to go!

Diana – Thanks! Oh my gosh, congrats on 157.4!!!!!!!! Thank you for the ideas, I don’t have any food allergies. I really want to try greek yogurt!

LLBold – Thanks! DH and I had a great time in Nashville. We went to Jackson’s and loved it! And we checked out Fido. DH was in love with his irish setter latte and his snickerdoodle. Thanks for the recommendations!

Cinci – Thank you! That means a lot! I think you did well. Chocolate has been kicking my butt lately! I think EVERY diet needs to incorporate chocolate at some point or another. We would go nuts without it! Congrats on the loss!

Eury – Awwww! The fact that you’re not turning to food when you’re stressed is a huge deal! That is great! So what last week wasn’t the “greatest,” just hop back on the wagon with us!

Pint – It has to be water weight! I was up this morning too. Oh well, it’ll be gone soon!

I'm up on the scale today after Friday's night out and yesterday to 149.4! I'm sure it's water weight, my gosh I did run a 5k yesterday!!! I'm not stressing about it. Today was actually an AWESOME day! It was 64 degrees out, beautiful & sunny. DH, and the DPs went to the park and walked around, played frisbee, catch, ran around! We were there for 90+ minutes. It was great! And DH bought me the best Valentine's present ever - new running shoes! I HAD to try them out so he and I also went for a jog and a short walk. Love my new shoes!

I also had a bit of an NSV today...while looking for new shoes, I spotted some running pants/capris and wanted to see if a small would fit, thinking they wouldn't and they did! I bought them.

Anywho, sorry for such a long post. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and let's kick major butt this week!!!!!!

Here's my check in:

B- 2/3 c. bran buds 140, LF milk 70, 2 tsp brown sugar 30, 10 blueberries 15 (255)
S- string cheese 80
L- PB & J sandwich 280, 1/4 c. cashews 160 (340)
S- ¼ c. RF cottage cheese 45, 2 cheddar cubes 160, 1/3 apple 30 (235)
D- ½ grilled chicken and provolone on spinach wrap 310, applesauce 80 (390)
72 oz. water, multivitamin, 33g fiber
1 mile jog, ½ mile walk, 90 minutes at the park (running around with the dogs & playing catch & Frisbee with DH)

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-13-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: punctuation error!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #131  

Holy Cow! You guys are very chatty this weekend, and I have been busy, so I am waaaaay behind on posts. I will try to catch up on personals later except a few that stand out in my head.
Stacy- I laughed when you asked where in Costa Rica I am going because I don't know ! My DH was awarded the trip by his company and they are doing all the travel arrangements. We just found out officially we are going last week, so we have been scrambling for passports and getting all necessary info back to the travel agents. I know we are staying at a four seasons resort and it is close to the airport we are flying into?. I guess I should find out where huh? I am scared to death of flying and haven't flown since our honeymoon in '92. I am also a little weirded out about leaving the country (my first time). Tell me its fabulous there and I will feel better! Also, thanks for reminding me the scale deficits may slow down with the weight lifting! I should expect that, but I just feel it is time to start toning up, I think I will see a good difference in 6 weeks. I just got a link in my e-mail and the subject happened to be how much protien athletes need, thought you and others may be interested:
http://blog.peertrainer.com/tip_of_t...t-he-tell.html
I hope that link works!
Diana 3271- I finally made the broccoslaw! I made it with spaghetti and meatsauce, so I only had a small amount of noodles. I liked it. DH really liked it and was asking all about it. Thanks for the idea!
I had no idea what to eat at the basketball game Friday night so I didn't eat anything! Probably not a good decision because by time I got home, it was midnight and I was too tired to eat. I woke up Sat with a headache, so I learned that sometimes you just have to make the best choice you can. On a positive note, I had a whoosh this weekend. Sat I was 205.4, but I knew it wouldn't stick because I hadn't eaten the night before, so today I weighed in at 206.2!!!!! I am so glad to be done with 209s. Overall this week I am down 1.8#, but lost more considering I gained too. Took my measurements today too and I have lost another 2.5 inches. Two days of lifting weights in so far this week and I am sore! Especially my hamstrings.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #132  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, so I may hate valentine's day before it's all over with, BUT I have a success story to tell. My dd is in kindergarten, which means valentine's tomorrow at school. So, I go to the store and get the little goody bags, LOTS of candy and come home to stuff them. There's a whole bag of the different kinds of candy that I bought left. I sat there and stuffed 14 bags with candy....chocolate of every kind, suckers, etc.....not ONE piece did I eat! Of course, the bag is still sitting there......... I was really hungry so when I finished, I got up, got some FF pringles, made me a turkey breast salad sandwich and came STRAIGHT to 3FC. I know I've said it 1000 times, but you guys are amazing!!! I also went shopping after church today. I think, had I been able to find something I liked, I could have TOTALLY worn an XL shirt (not a plus size 1X, 2X or 3X, but simply an XL!!) Pants are a different story. I know I'll be in plus size pants for a while still. (I have what my husband and I call a "Big Bertha Booty" ) But I think I may be beginning to need new jeans. I'm drying mine in the dryer and they fit when I put them on, but after they stretch a little, they're kinda loose. I weighed this morning and was at 218.2, but this evening I'm back up to 219.4 so I'm not changing ticker. I know I'm not gonna show hardly any loss at WW mtg this week. I've talked myself into being okay with that.

No idea how many calories I've had today. Going to total right now.

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys. You have NO IDEA how much you guys mean to my success!!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #133  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

1110 calories today. Still have a whopping 68 left for the day. I'll be going to bed early tonight to fight eating anything else. Geez. Oh well. I bet tomorrow I BETTER show a loss.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #134  
Trying to live below 200

Cincimini Congrats on the pound. Own it for today.

Eurydice Hi I'm glad to hear you are not binging. Stay strong.

Pint The seafood bake sounds awesome.

Lindsey I forgot to mention. I have seen people post about putting cottage cheese in their oatmeal. I don't know what the ratio is. I have seen a lot of people say they eat that combo. It must be good. I have never tried it. Also, some people make cottage cheese into a savory lunch with pepper, chopped tomato, and cucumber.

Jomatho I'm glad the broccoli slaw worked for you.

Diana(LA) Congrats on the loose pants and staying strong against the candy.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-13-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #135  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1415 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Venti Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories
Almonds, Walnuts, Sunflower seeds 200 calories

Dinner (300 calories)
3 Chocolate Dipped Strawberries 300 calories (I looked online and picked a high number )

Exercise
TF Fire 45 EZ
500 Jump Ropes
Closed Thread