Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #61  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

LittleL - You can totally see a difference and you look great! Well done! And i'm not sure what's going on with those ads but anything would be better than cupcakes!!!!!

Pint - i'm sorry to hear you had a rough evening But I will applaud you for staying OP and staying strong, I know, and everyone else knows, you can be strong!

Ande - Yay for pants falling down, that always feels good

Hi LLBold Have a good day!

LadyL - Jump right back in! And boy does your day look good! Healthy food and lot's of exercise! You go girl!

Eury - Great job getting in all that exercise!

Diana - I def. think the rash is an allergic reaction to something, but I really just don't know what... I have been taking Benadryl so hopefully i'll see it dissappear soon. Enjoy your haircut and Japanese food - I really want sushi now...

Hi Kris! Have a good day!

Shells - Well I wouldn't say your day was completely off plan, you did lose something right so nothing to worry about. Great job losing that 0.4lbs As I was saying to Diana just about, I think it is an allergic reaction to something... i'm just not sure what, nothing has really changed

Krampus - It is not insulting We have been there, heck everytime TOM shows up I snack on something I shouldn't. Hang in there.

Hi debbie Have a fab day

Diana(LA) - You are doing so great, keep it up!

stacy - I can def. understand why showing your trainer your food journal can make you feel a little insecure. But I think getting someones else's perspective can always help. I'm sorry to hear about your friend

Vixsin - Wow! Another whoosh and another 1.2lbs gone forever! Well done!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my plan for the day Weds 1/26/2011

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter and a chopped banana

S - 1 cup raw broccoli & 5 low-sodium triscuits w. hummus

L - Homemade vegan veggie lasagna

S - 1 small apple + 1.5ox dry-roasted cashews

D - Tempeh, Kale & Broccoli w/ a tahini sauce on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 01-26-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Lauren - Thank you!! Yeah, I agree...ANYTHING but cupcakes!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #63  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Linds--Heather is an amazing woman. Before she was diagnosed with her brain tumor, she was struggling daily, because her youngest is terminally ill. Emma has already had a heart transplant and is on the list for a 2nd. But, because of her terminally ill status, they're not sure she'll be able to have one. Yet, they try to stay upbeat and look at life positively. She humbles me, daily.

And, yeah, I tell my hubby what I write about him on here and he grins like a little school boy. He's proud of his behavior, the little troublemaker!!

Vixsin--Yay, for the woosh! Awesome!

Lauren--Your lasagna sounds yummy. What do you put in it?

Diana(LA)--Isn't it great when clothes are fitting differently? I'm proud of you and your 2lb loss. You're doing amazing!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning,
Kind of fell off posting. It got to be a little much to keep up since I got buried in school work.

Still working at it though.

Don't actually have time for personals today but here is today's plan:

B: tuna sandwich (huge craving), apple pear

L: tuna sandwich, apple pear, 1 c grapes, 2 c celery, 4T hummus

D: 3 oz pork, 1 baked potato, 1 can green beans

Total: 1251
A little low but I will probably throw a snack in somewhere

Hope everyone is doing well.

Roxanne

Oh, if I get time I got to get the dogs out for a walk but as well as labs today I have several hours of schoolwork and my study group tonight. I have been VERY bad about my exercise lately!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #65  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

So I've never tried hummus. Heck, I don't even know what hummus is. Is it good? What is it exactly? I'm gonna go look to see what I can find out about it. Someone tell me please....is it good good or diet good?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #66  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

it is both good good and diet good, but you still need to watch portion sizes. Also, I like it on crackers, so I have to watch my portions on that too, because, well, hummus is pretty good on calories, but those crackers add up! LOL. It's also great on sandwiches, and carrot sticks, etc.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #67  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
So I've never tried hummus. Heck, I don't even know what hummus is. Is it good? What is it exactly? I'm gonna go look to see what I can find out about it. Someone tell me please....is it good good or diet good?
Hummus is the best, it is good good and diet good!

It is basically mashed up chickpeas w/ lemon and other spices/herbs. I think it's great for a snack w/ raw veggies (broccoli and cucumber works well) and crackers but it also tastes good in sandwiches and wraps.

Last edited by L R K; 01-26-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Shells - Oh my..that is so sad! It's amazing that despite things like that people can keep a positive outlook on life. I'm not that strong.

Yes, they ARE troublemakers!!

Gaining - Mmmmm...hummus is good! Like Lauren said it's basically chickpeas with spices.

Roxanne - Hey you! Sorry to hear that you're swamped with school work! When will you be all finished with school?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #69  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Lauren--Your lasagna sounds yummy. What do you put in it?
Here is the recipe if you're interested My mum made it for us when we were in Australia and I loved it so much I stole her recipe, hehe There's also pictures of the one I made on my blog.

Vegan Veggie Lasagna

Ingredients:

· 1 tbsp vegetable oil

· 1 large onion, chopped

· 1 large celery stalk, chopped

· 1 large carrot, grated

· 250g mushrooms, sliced

· 1 large handful kale or spinach, chopped

· 1 jar tomato pasta sauce

· ½ cup vegetable stock

· 25g non-dairy butter

· ¼ cup plain flour

· 2 cups non-dairy milk

· 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out

· Salt, pepper (to taste) and pinch of nutmeg

· 9 instant lasagna sheets

· Handful pine nuts

Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 390°F

2. Cook lasagna sheets according to package directions

3. Heat oil in a large pan on med-high heat. Add onions, celery and carrot. Cook until onions just become translucent.

4. Add sliced mushrooms and cook and until mushrooms brown.

5. Stir in the pasta sauce and vegetable stock.

6. Turn the heat to low, add the chopped kale or spinach and simmer until the veggie mixture thickens

7. In a med sized pot, melt non-dairy butter over a low heat. Add flour, cook and stir until well combined.

8. Remove pot from the heat and gradually add the non-dairy milk, stirring constantly until all is combined and mixture is smooth.

9. Return pot to heat, cook and stir until sauce bubbles and is thick.

10. Add the spinach to the white sauce mixture and season with salt, pepper and a small pinch of nutmeg.

11. In lightly oiled rectangular baking dish, layer 3 cooked lasagna sheets and top with half the veggie mix. Layer another 3 cooked lasagna sheets and top with the remaining half of veggie mix. Cover this with the remaining 3 cooked lasagna sheets.

12. Spread the spinach sauce over the lasagna and sprinkle with pine nuts.

13. Cover with foil and put in oven for 30mins. After 30mins remove the foil and bake for a further 30mins, until lightly browned.

14. Let lasagna sit for 5mins before serving.

Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! Thanks for the well wishes! So now I'm almost 100% certain that massive gain was water weight. I weighed in this morning and was at 155.2, so that's a 2.4lb loss overnight. Yep. Water weight. WHEW!

This morning I woke up and saw (cue JAWS music...) Pizza Rolls in the freezer. No problem. I really wanted them, so I checked out the nutritional information on the box, 200 calories for 6 rolls. There were 16 rolls in the box, so approximately 550 calories for all of them (I rounded up). I reviewed my plans for the day, made the necessary adjustments, and had Pizza Rolls for breakfast. That felt WAY better than out-of-control-gotta-eat-them-now-who-cares-about-later stuff. Lunch was roughly half a bowl of Miso Soup, low sodium. I just wasn't that hungry. I also had half the candy bar. However, I still calculated the calories and put them in my journal before I even nibbled it. What's funny about my favorite candy bar, I hate coconut and dislike chocolate, but I absolutely love Almond Joy bars.

So, my plan for today:

B: 16 Cheese Pizza Rolls - 550 calories

S: 1/2 an Almond Joy - 110 calories

L: Miso soup - 35 calories

D: Grilled pork chop w/ salad and light dressing, 550 calories

That comes to 1245, which leaves a little squeeze room for an apple or some fresh veggies if I want a snack. I'm not expecting much of a loss because of all the sodium today, but I made an informed choice instead of a desperate one.

Thanks again for all the support!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 01-26-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #71  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana(LA)--Hummus = 1 serving (2tbs) is around around 45-70 calories depending on what's in the hummus (I loooove greek olive or roasted red pepper).

Lauren--Ooooh, that sounds amazing!! I'm definitely stealing that one. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #72  
CanadianVeggie

Pint - An informed choice is the best choice, especially when it comes to food. Great job staying OP and enjoying a little treat!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #73  
CanadianVeggie

Shells - No problem! You won't be dissapointed, it really is super yummy!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

LAUREN Thank you!

Im doing well so far today, a RTD liquid protein for breakfast, and chicken and tomatoes for lunch. I have protein chips for a snack.

Im not moving much today as i have a cold, and im stuffy.

Keep up the good word everyone!

debbie
Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #75  
CanadianVeggie

Debbie - Having a cold is no fun, I hope you feel better soon
Closed Thread