Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

EZMONEY-Glad to hear your physical was good!

Mtiger- I hope you can find the money for a gym membership.. and pray that someone else in your household finds a job soon to help alleviate the stress that you must be going through! HUGS.

Jendiet-Did you do your homework? Now it's my turn to get my butt in gear and get homework done myself!

Mrsaugie-Glad to hear from you and that things are going well!

I am feeling better finally but still a bit tired from this UTI infection. My doctor is out of town for the next ten days so I am doing a bit of self treating. Hate doing that but no choice. I went to Pei Wei for lunch today and was pretty good in changing my choices in eating out. I got a diet soda instead of regular and I really wanted regular but settled for just the caffeine! Then also ordered brown rice instead of white and then ordered a chicken dish that is not fried. It was still a very yummy lunch and I am full but not stuffed. I will be attempting a Zumba class tonight at my gym. I think I will enjoy it since I do enjoy anything dance. Have a great day!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

yah, brat, i had a concept map due. And 27 homework assignments due! heh. I am such a slacker, but I got it done. I need to study for tests that i have next week, and to do some pre-tests for BIG tests coming up.

i'm slacking today though.

well it is TOM and i am holding at 181.8 today! last time of month the scale was up to 191. I am so pumped about that. My cramps don't make me want to do much of anything. i did swim for a 1/2 hr with my son though.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #258  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI TEAM ~

I am in a bit of an "emotional" issue....with my weight today...

I'm FINE!!!....don't worry....

I will explain tomorrow....

Be good!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #259  

Gary, there, there. just let it out. We'll be here when you want to vent tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #260  

Jendiet-Glad you got it done. I've got a bunch of homework and one test and one final to study for this weekend. But what am I doing instead? Going out of town for the day for a wedding! I'm going to be happy when this month is OVER. It's been fun but I've had so many family parties and events to attend.

GARY-We'll be here :-)

Weight is still at 215.2. I walked a mile and a half yesterday. I'm not very sore but I definitely do feel like I did something. I really am trying to get better about pushing myself if I don't go to a class at gym and work out here at home. I am going to try to squeeze in a quick thirty minute walk here at home before I have to start getting ready for the wedding. Have a great day!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #261  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Nothing much to report around here. I was 176.8 today. I had no workout yesterday and didn't keep track of food. Tonight I am going out for my principal's birthday. there will be drinking involved. I am going to try to keep it to a minimum. I'll let you know how that worked.

Girls- i am so glad I don't have to deal with school for a while. I will need 6 credits sometime in the next 5 years, but have found an easy way to do it. I don't envy you the stress of tests and assignments.

Gary- Come cry on our shoulders.

Have a great weekend.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #262  

ugh...brat, i am SUPPOSED to be studying but i've done everything today but THAT. i am going to get my butt in gear and study while SO is out of town.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #263  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM ~

I promise to catch up tomorrow....I had a long post but lost it when my daughter came by to visit while I was still working on it...computer froze...

be back tomorrow!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #264  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OK TEAM ~ I posted why I was down....see it here...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ml#post3402573
Old 07-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #265  

Gary, I remember you telling about that picture. That can happen again, and it will be even more satisfying than the first time. Ok reality check. No mincing.

You are now 10 lbs away from where you began your journey. That doesn't leave much room. You are about a week of hamburgers, sausages, BEER, and beans bringing you right back up to your previous high of 201. 9 lbs away from 200 lbs again.

Time to take control--because that is who has it. you.

next time you go out, it will be the hamburger OR the links. fries OR the beans You don't have to solely live on fish and veggies--although that will be healthier.

some other ladies gave you great advice--start making better choices one at a time.

Based on your previous posts here are some simple choices:

1 meat ( the size of deck of cards), 2 veggies, 1 Starch on your plate at a time. This is a meal. A starch is about a 1/2 cup of rice, beans, grain product, or the equivalent of 1/2 small dinner roll. (Those plastic/paper/styrofoam serving plates are excellent with portions for a meal. You can get them anywhere and you can measure your food out on them at a bbq outing without looking too ridiculous. If it doesn't fit--it doesn't get eaten. If you don't like that idea. Start by measuring your portions at home, and get a good feel for what a serving looks like. So you can eyeball your portions while out on the town.

More water than beer every day.
Limit to 3 beers-at night-when they are most enjoyable
1 beer with a meal.
2 without a meal but with a protein snack- like one egg. beer causes an insulin spike. protein will slow that spike down.
Beer is liquid CAKE. A light beer is 90 cs or 1 Starch roughly.
when you make your tacos or other combo foods--look at everything BEFORE it goes on the shell. Don't just pile things on.

**when you are cooking, keep sliced veggies near by--to keep you from tasting and tasting the food, munch on them while you cook** I cook too, and I have a huge desire to sample everything i'm cooking--eating dinner BEFORE dinner is done.

**eat veggies in between meals, and ESPECIALLY before you got out to dinner. you are most likely very hungry before you see all that unhealthy food. you can not go wrong with veggies. I have NEVER seen anyone get fat off vegetables unless they were always covered in tons of butter or RANCH DIP. That means skip the dip.**

cucumbers are full of water and great for fillers.

anyways, you can start your own list of healthy choices you can make.

regardless we are here to support you. You are rightly upset. You are losing gained ground. A sense of failure accompanies that.

lastly, YOU CAN DO IT GARY!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #266  

OK, so 2nd day TOM.

weight 180.8 still going down.

made a few poor choices yesterday, but only 39 cs over. so not too bad.

have to study today and do an arm routine.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #267  

Jendiet-That was motivating!!!! I never thought of beer as liquid cake.. good comparison! I don't drink beer anyways so no worries for me..

Mtiger-I'll be so glad when I am done with school. I feel a bit guilty not working at times but I just try to tell myself that going back to college full time will help me find a decent job and ensure a better future.

Still super bloated at 217. This UTI infection isn't going away despite trying over the counter meds.. My doctor is back in town on Tuesday and I think I will be calling and going in. The wedding I went to yesterday was wonderful and so much fun. I didn't indulge very much and didn't drink at all since I was the designated driver and I also didn't care for what was being served. have a great day!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #268  

brat, drink plenty of water, and take vitamin C. I am sorry you have a yucky uti. That is painful. good job on not overdoing it at the wedding!

ugh, i 'm tired. long day. i will talk to all of you later!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #269  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM ~

Well I am still hanging around 191....

but I have made some changes. I think part of my trouble is that I have had a lot of real slow days at work the last 6 weeks, a lot of days off too...

leading to way less calories being burned. I have been eating pretty much what I always do except Angie and I have gone to breakfast a few more times....lunch a time or two...and of course a few more beers!

It all adds up to the wrong side of that scale! I do get my walks in but those aren't much to brag about as far as calorie burners

I should be back going strong by the end of the week at work though...now if I could find a way to burn calories on the 200 mile round trip on the LA/San Diego freeway that doesn't include cussing!

Great ideas JEN! Hope that infection gets better soon BRAT...having 3 girls/women around here for all those years I know it isn't fun. I hope you find a way to kick down a few more before school starts MINDY...continued prayers for all of those needing employment...good to see you stop by MRSAUGIE...I wonder if they make "grandpa" tickers like the one you had

Be good
Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #270  

ugh, stressful day, and TOM is playing with my weight OR ELSE i have to cut back on my food more. But i don't think that is it....i think TOM needs to just GO.

i MADE a stinking B again. I studied and got a B. This is a shock to my EGO. I don't want a C in this class. But i have been told it happens to all the 4.0'ers. So....just need to prepare myself for it. There are a few in my class that might not pass, so I guess I should be happy, but i'm NOT.

I feel so stupid! UGH GRRR. GROWL. ok...just thought i'd share.