Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Well I finally had a nice gift today given to me on the scale. I am down 1.2 pounds to 213. I was VERY happy this morning. I am going to a new class at my gym tonight and it is a cardio dance party class so hopefully I will enjoy it. I think I will enjoy it. It is an hour long class and I just hope I can keep up and keep moving for an hour. My husband is down another pound to 189. That makes about 23 pounds lost for him in two months. I can really see the changes now for him. I am very happy for him but sad for me if that makes sense. I just hope I start catching up. :-) I go to the doctor today to get a prescription for birth control and hopefully I'll start feeling better. I can really tell the difference not being on it this month. Have a great day!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

blonde, i hope you start feeling better. I attended a zumba class. Also when I was younger I went to MANY aerobics classes with my momma, we were the most unfit people there...and when they would do the routine...if we got tired we just marched in place and then jumped back in when we got better.

I told my mom when i was older a little bit, that interval training was better anyways--she asked what it was....after the routine the instructor came back to talk to us...and she told me what I did about just marching or playing with the ball when i got tired was the RIGHT thing to do, rather than just stop. She said interval training is alot better for you.

well, i am still feeling kind of WORN OUT. I don't know what it is-i feel fluish without having the flu, and at random times my fingers go numb when i am doing things like typing or talking on the phone..and then stop being numb.

i took a huge nap from 10:00 am to 2 pm. I feel a little better tired wise, but not motivation wise. I am going to try to drink a shake and take a green tea pill and get in there and clean my kitchen.

One good thing! The green tea pill may pep me enough to work out a little.

oh yeah, Praise God. We just got a rainshower. We really need the rain. I was laying in bed feeling miserable thinking I needed to water my plants, and that I felt too weak, and then it rained!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #243  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI TEAM ~

A quick check in and catch up since Angie just headed off to teach her Friday night yoga class at the studio.

well I am stuck at 191 but maybe tomorrow it will be down

JEN ~ I hope you are feeling better. we had one of those summer rain showers with thunder storms yesterday afternoon...very rare for here. I just love the work you have done in your yard this summer...way cool

BRAT ~ now-now...be happy for your husband Enjoy that class!

MINDY ~ Have you tried to switch it up a bit in your routine to shake those blues? Angie and I get bored with our walks with the dogs so we change the routes....sometimes in the 'hood ~ drive to the beach and go out from there, then have breakfast....we have several routes and cafes to do that too ~ sometimes we walk at the duck pond ~ our Starbucks trip that we did today. Same miles but different locations to "spice" it up. Start at a Dairy Queen do your miles and come back and treat yourself to a mini-cone ...or a coffee shop and get a nice cool ice tea....you get the idea

Well TEAM I will check in tomorrow...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #244  

Thanks Gary,it is rewarding. I hope the scale starts inching back down. Yeah you do live in Southern California and we have a saying "it never rains in southern california!" I am glad you got a storm too.

Well, the myofusion shake and fiber and the Alive mutivitamin supplement, really perked me up! I didn't need the green tea pill this time either...i was becoming dependent on it...

i even cleaned the house too!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #245  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Garage sale here this morning...hot already...

hoping to lose a pound haggling over prices....

just try to talk me down on that $2 TV...just try!

as you may have guessed...no good news on that scale...

be good TEAM...be good
Old 07-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #246  

Whew.. I am SORE. I went to that cardio dance party class at my gym last night but had so much fun. My goodness. I was pouring sweat within 10 minutes. I may need to purchase some light and airy work out clothes that wick away sweat or something and more sports bras. I have only ONE good sports bra and I sure was bouncing a lot last night and eventually just had to stop bouncing haha. I just usually wear my house clothes to the gym and that may not work. This morning is a Zumba class and I am debating going. I think I will go just to try it and work out some of this soreness. I do need to eat a snack before I go to these classes as I discovered. Last night I came home and pigged out on pizza since I was SO HUNGRY after class. It's been a long time since I've been that hungry and felt like that. Lesson learned. Scale is up to 215.2 today. Later this afternoon I have a bridal shower party to go to. Then a birthday party to go to tonight and then possibly going out out of town for the day tomorrow to visit my grandfather who is back in the hospital. Poor man can't seem to get a break. In between all of this I have to somehow squeeze in studying for two tests and homework. Have a great weekend!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #247  

brat, it sounds like you had fun. yeah, i would definitely get a better sports bra and some more comfortable clothes. i have to study too so i feel you on that one.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #248  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping by to say that everything is going good for me right now.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #249  

yay Mrs. Augie, glad it is going well with you!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #250  

Ugh the scale was NOT kind to me this morning.. I'm up to 217. I do feel like I am retaining water and feeling like I've got the beginnings of a bladder/UTI infection. So that may be why. I hope not though since for me those infections get pretty painful. If so I'll be going to the doctor I guess soon. I started back on my regiment of vitamins last week and added cranberry supplements this weekend as well. I have my first algebra test this morning wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed I don't have to go to the doctor please! have a great day!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #251  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

gary- I have several different routes also, they are just all right around my house. I could try driving to a new location and walking from there. It just gets a little tricky clocking mileage.

I am trying to convince myself that $20/month for a gym membership won't break us. Financially thought hings are super tight around here and I feel guilty spending that $$$. I am actually getting worried about finances. If soMeone else in the home could just get a job, I wouldn't feel the pinch so bad. We'll see.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #252  

oh Tiger, there are so many ways to cut. that gym membership would do a world of difference for you. As long as you use it. If the gym is too far away--to justify gas expenses, then no, but if it is close by--then heck yeah.

brat, i hope you did well on your algebra test, i have to get my butt into gear and do some homework myself. Got alot of stuff due Thursday!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #253  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Jen- the gym is a little ways from home, about 8 miles, but it is really close to work. So it would work out great during the school year....which will be starting up sooner than I think. Still pondering spending the $$$.

TOM should be starting today but I know it won't. It is going to mess with me from now until I'm through menopause...I just know it. 179 today.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #254  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi TEAM ~

Well I had my physical today and doc says everything looks good. When I mentioned I was up about 7-10 pounds (191 today) from my last physical he said yep...but he said you're still down from the high of 201 in 2007....said not really a medical issue where I'm at but try and keep it under the 200 mark.

I will try and catch up a bit better tomorrow.

I read the posts daily!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #255  

Tiger, i hear you on TOM, i'm pretty regular and i'm expecting it within 3 days. 181.4 today, so hopefully when it is done and over with i will be 5 lbs down. I can't wait.

Gary, great job on the good physical. Good job on keeping those 10 lbs off.

I have been so HUNGRY. My stomach has literally growled all day. I'm not used to that. I did my best to eat high protein nutrient dense stuff, and i'm taking my multivitamins so not much else i can do.

I ignored it until it became that 'GNAWING' sensation. I guess it is good, i think my metabolism is perking up--and that means more weight loss.