Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 01:00 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile FUN FRIDAY !!!!

Hello fellow fat fighters. I tried to remember that expression yesterday and couldn't. It is so corny. LOL But for some reason I like it.

I don't have time to post today. I am going off to have some more FUN. We are going to the BIG IMAX thearte to see the remake of Beauty and the Beast. I guess it is not a remake...just improved. I have a buy one get one free coupon so that really makes my day. LOL

My food is GREAT !!!!! I am soooo happy.
Did you know that one serving of sauerkraut is only 2 tablespoons? What a shock that was to me after I ate half a can. LOL
My water is great too. I am still slacking in the exercise area. When my daughters finallly get back to college hopefully that will get better. Rephrase... It WILL get better.

Well.. just feel like it is IMPORTANT to post everyday even if nothing special.
BUT... getting out and enjoying life is SPECIAL.
I just change my slogan from Fun Friday to Wild Weekend. LOL
Old 01-04-2002, 01:53 PM   #17  
You and Me in 2003

Afternoon ladies

I can't seem to get going today. I wike up with a terrible headache and just now am getting easy. I was walking across the room a few minutes ago not watching whe re I was going and tripped over the stepper and turned my ankle.
I weighed this morning and I was at 211 but I'm not going to count it yet.

I made some really good Manhatten clam chowder last night for dinner. It was just 166 cal a serving it came out of the new WW cookbook.

Well I better go my foot is hurting and I have to go shopping.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:35 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

All right, I'm back...Yeah I know, poor thing has no life! Actually, I'm on a lunch break from all the hard work I have done around here today...this is my reward! I never made it to the gymthis morning, but have every intention of getting there sometime today...I washed my kitchen and bathroom floors instead...pretty good workout right there! Still need to polish the cabinets and that room is done! I am house-cleaning challenged but getting better! Anyone ever visit Flylady's website? (www.FlyLady.net) She has some good, practical advice about getting your home de-cluttered and organized...info I am in dire need of!

I'm still having a perfect day, food wise, just had a HUMONGOUS salad for lunch with an apple and half my gallon of water has been consumed so far! I still have to write it all down, somehow it really hits home when you see it written out in front of you. For me, anyway.

OK, back to work for me. But first, ANOTHER trip to the little girls room!

bye bye!
Old 01-04-2002, 09:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy I missed you all

Hi Friends
Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I caught a really nasty cold. I hate being sick, the only good thing about it is that my family waited on me, and the worst thing about it to me is, I didn't get to do my walking.
I've been feeling really dehydrated so no problem with the water, eating? well thats another story I felt an intense carb craving and the only thing available was toast. I am hoping things will be better tomarrow so I can get back to my walking because my dog misses it to.
Be good to yourselves friends and I'll see you lighter.
Joanne
Old 01-04-2002, 11:16 PM   #20  

Thinthinker & Syn I find that having protein at breakfast REALLY helps my day go better. I just started this three weeks ago and have noticed a difference.

2Cute my exercise is lacking also....grrrrrr

Mary Be Careful....

Kat I used to subscribe to Flylady but couldn't take all the email. You are right that they do have good help ideas. There is another one about making a Master Plan. I liked that one too.

Well, what a surprise it is warm here, 25+ so I will walk tomorrow and Sunday...if I don't tell you I did come after me!!!

I sure hope there is someone out here this weekend because I will need constant support. Weekends are difficult for me. Must be because I don't have a specific schedule like during the week. Now I know I could make a schedule but then that's the fun of the weekend in the first place.

By the time I got home tonight and made some dinner it was 7:45PM. I don't like to eat so late.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:21 PM   #21  

http://www.getting2goal.com/index.php

Great Inspiration
Old 01-05-2002, 12:27 AM   #22  

Thumbs down What an inspiration !!!

Ladybug... what an inspiration that woman was !!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I wanted to keep so many things she said. One of my favorites was..."I focused much more on what the scale was saying each week instead of the positive changes I was making each and every day."

That is one important thing to learn.... it is not what the scale says... it is what I am "doing" to improve myself. The scale will eventually move downward as long as I continue to follow my food plan.
I think I am very lucky that I cannot weigh myself everyday. I know I would give those scales too much power over me.

Joanne.. I hope you get feeling better real soon. I know just getting back to a short walk will lift your spirits even if you still have a little bug. I am looking forward to you being here more often.

Mary... glad to see the scales going down for you. It won't be long until you see the 100's again. I can't even imagine that yet for me. I am just looking forward to 299. I can imagine that !!!! I will take it 5lbs at a time for now. I no longer look for those 20lbs in 20 days solutions. I am in this for the longggg haul, and 5lb victories are my goals.

My food was fantastic again. It feels so good to not cheat.
I had to get there gradually, again... but it is worth working for.

I want to remind everyone it is Sit-up Saturday.
This was picked to inspire us to get more active. It is not necessarily a formal workout. It could include a trip to the zoo. Bowling, shopping if you don't usually shop. A walk in the park or around the mall. The main goal of situp Saturday is to get more active. When you weigh 300lbs you tend to be more sedentary. The only thing I was doing is watching tv somedays. Walking to the mailbox was an effort. So for me... walking to the mailbox was a start. The goal is to get moving. Dancing to the radio in the privacy of your home counts. Raising soup cans over your head counts. So ladies... let's get moving !!!!!
Old 01-05-2002, 11:17 AM   #23  

Good Saturday Morning
2Cute I really liked the pictures too because it does seem to motivate.

I read this in a magazine:

Break out of the box Draw a box. Inside write down 10 to 15 facts about you: where you live, who you love, the last book you read. Notice an absence of the unexpected? Outside the box, jot down new things to learn: waltzing, making sushi, sign language. Then don't just think outside the box, go there.

I am going to do this today including health and exercise as something I definately need to "break out of the box" to get and stay healthy.

You will have to tolerate me today....I will be continuing to read and plan my weight loss so I might "over" post.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:59 AM   #24  

Smile

Lady... there is no such thing as "overpost".
I have monloplized these boards many times.
Of course, maybe all of you wished I had shut up.
But, that is where you are willing to tolerate me because I needed to be here so often.

That is a neat idea about the box. I still struggle to do things while still fat. I am working on it. I am better than I was... but I still have a longggg ways to go. I have this mental block.
But there are many items I could list that does not involve doing it in front of others. Things like read a spefic book, write all my relatives a letter. Cook some veggie from a recipe.

But since it is situp saturday.... I may have to chose a physical activity for today. I may have to find a
small park and walk around it.
Let's hear some other ideas for situp saturday and items outside of "your" boxes. Have any of you ever thought of belly dancing. I hear it is low impact and very good for you.
I can just see "my belly" rolling and not stopping for hours.
Actually, belly dancing is a good idea. You develop those stomach muscles that are soooo weak on most of us.
There is one warning though, if your hubbies see you... beware... he may want to practice his own form of exercise.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:23 PM   #25  

Bellydancing....hmmmmm sounds fun....I actually know a belly dancer....I wouldn't want anyone around while I do it however, at least not for some time to come.

I will be walking today...it is 25 and sunny. Actually I may go now and do my out of box planning later.

2Cute when are you going to have a thread to teach us your snazy computer skills?
Old 01-05-2002, 12:58 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Honey and I went out for dinner last night to Hooter's. Talk about a real motivator! YIKES! Once you get past the stares, it's actually a fun, upbeat place to eat. They have a wonderful fish sandwich called Grouper that they will grill for you.

It's kindof funny though, because as the waitress was waiting on us, I noticed she had a little roll. And I'm thinking to myself, well geez, isn't she out of shape!!!! When you get to thin, do you really think you have to be PERFECT???? I hope not. That would certainly set you up for more failure!

2cute: I'm glad you're doing so well! How was Beauty and the Beast?? Enjoy your last couple of days with the girls.

Joanne: Glad to see you back. Sorry you've been under the weather. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mary: Good job on the weightloss! Hope your twisted ankle is doing better.

Katrina: Sounds like you conquered the food devil yesterday. Keep up the good work! * OMG, the FlyLady site is hilarious! Somehow, she has been in my head. It actually sounds like realistic ideas that can really be put to use!

LuckyLadyBug: Sounds like I'll need to try protein for breakfast. Sounds like it's been working for you! * I like the piece about breaking out of the box. Very interesting! Sounds like a good exercise we should all do. * Thanks for sharing the website. It was really good. I will return to it later to investigate further.

Belly Dancing??? What a hoot!!! I can see the belly going and going and going......kindof like running down the stairs. The belly keeps running and running and running for 10 minutes after you hit the bottom step!!!

I've gotta run. I'm trying to do laundry and catch up. Not to mention my new task of clutter-busting!!!!

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-05-2002 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #27  

yes yes. I'M back!
being a long while and the new year kicked me in the ... so you'll be hearing from me again, I'M showing the site to my cousin Lolita who will work as well with me at a good healthy diet.
so talk to you soon,

Nath xxx
Old 01-05-2002, 02:29 PM   #28  

I went for my Sun filled walk...I did have a temporary bout of insanity and forgot even though it is 25 the wind chill was at 5 so I only walked 1 mile.

I might go for another walk later or do a tape or something.

Welcome, nathg....

I need some advise....

I have a niece that is very overweight for her age. She is getting detention constantly for not bringing her swimsuit to school. Apparently, swimming is a required activity. I know she is doing it so she doesn't have to be seen in a swimming suit but this detention is really taking her grades down. Were any of you overweight in school and do you have any advise I can pass along?
Old 01-05-2002, 03:03 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Nath: Welcome back to the fold!! Glad to see you! Come back often and make sure you update us on what's been going on in your life.

LuckyLadyBug: Good job on the walk. And yes, these days we do have to worry about the windchill!!! Ooops! As for your niece, is she really overweight, or does she just think she's overweight? I'm not trying to be funny, but teenagers nowadays always seem to think they weigh too much. Anyway, if she really does, is it possible to go to the principal and have a conference between him and the gym teacher and see if there isn't a compromise. You know, maybe she can run a couple of laps or something instead. Teachers and administrators are so into 'self esteem' issues these days that if a plea was made because she would really get made fun of, maybe something could be worked out. Sorry, but that's my best idea. It's one thing as adults to say, 'screw the rest of the world and what they think. I'm going swimming anyway.' I'm not sure a teenager could/should have to deal with the pressure. BTW, doesn't your niece have to shower after her regular gym class anyway? I know I did in high school and that was a killer for me.

Gotta run again. Heck with all the 'running' I'm doing, I should be getting skinny by now.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:27 PM   #30  
a work in progress...

Hey all, Happy Saturday!

What a beautiful day, here in NJ! It must be in the 40's, but with a bright, sunny, blue sky. My daughter and I took our doggy, Molly, to the beach for a good long frolic. We went to Sandy Hook, which is the very beginning of the Jersey Shore, where the ocean meets Raritan Bay. You can look right across the bay and see the New York skyline...so very different now. It's hard to believe those towers are gone. DH, the kids and I were actually in NYC two weeks before the attack. We went in to see "Les Miserables," stayed overnight and went to the World Trade Center the next day. Did the whole touristy thing, went up to the top and took pictures, we even got some beautiful skyline pics on our way home on the ferry...I had just picked up the developed pictures on Sept 10...Talk about surreal...

Whoa, that's a downer, sorry! Living here, there are just reminders everyday of that event, it's always right below the surface of my consciousness, I still can't fathom the enormity of it all.

Back to the subject at hand...

Lucky, how old is your niece? High school? That's a tough one. I can't imagine having to put on a swimsuit in school, it was bad enough putting on a gym suit! And I was about 110 lbs less than I weigh now (and OF COURSE thought I was fat!) I was chubby up til about 7th grade, when my mother decided it was time to do something about it. She took me to "Lean Line" (like WW) and by eighth grade, I did lose enough weight to wear a two piece for the first time in my life (last time, too!) Unfortunately, by then I already had the mindset of "I'm FAT," so no matter what I weighed, to me it was always too much. My advice would be to try and get her on some sort of program to lose weight but also to help her to realize that her self esteem should not be directly related to the number on that scale. Easier said than done, I know. Good luck...how lucky she is to have such a caring aunt!

This post is reaching novel length now. I do think of this as therapy, though, so thanks for bearing with me!

Ummm...regarding belly dancing? If I took that up, my belly would still be dancing L*O*N*G after the rest of my body stopped!

Have a great rest of the day, kids...you may here from me later...
Closed Thread