UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Sarah: Oh no! Ice and rest for the rest of today. You don't want to make it any worse. I hope it gets better in time for tomorrow's run/walk/jog/scramble!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:22 AM   #32  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I think that next time I move house I will pay for one of those house detectives to check out the neighbours at various times of the day / night and weekend.

I've mostly been lucky - over the years I've only had a few 'bad' neighbours and they were mostly elderly and confused like the old man who p'd over my garden fence every night when he came home from the pub and the old woman who got dementia but her sons refused to have her put in a home - she deteriorated so badly that she'd turn a hose on me if I dared to have a BBQ.

The thing with my neighbours is strange because when we have ever said anything about their kids, language, stadium volume music, etc, they are always polite and full of apologies and for a day or two they are thoughtful and quiet - then they just revert back to their normal very loud selves again. I don't much like it that Mrs Chav flirts with DH but at least he knows she's doing it now and avoids her as much as possible.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #33  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachyderm
Sarah: Oh no! Ice and rest for the rest of today. You don't want to make it any worse. I hope it gets better in time for tomorrow's run/walk/jog/scramble!
I've taken some Ibrufen (sp??) - and DH is home tomorrow so if necessary he can walk the dogs. I'll go swimming instead which is great for backache.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
I don't much like it that Mrs Chav flirts with DH but at least he knows she's doing it now and avoids her as much as possible.
Oh so it's her is it, the one you had to go to the gym with?!

p.s. Swimming sounds like a great idea
Old 07-05-2006, 04:03 AM   #35  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I just posted in the June thread and wondered why nobody was posting!

Did you miss me? I've been on a course for 2 days. It was really interesting, and they had great food. Had a bit of a carb frenzy, but I'm back now! I tried to go running on Monday but I almost melted walking back to my hotel, so I just scoffed a magnum on my bed and watched a program on a little booy who wanted a lap band. He just obviously hadn't tried hard enough with diet and exercise and wanted an easy way out. Thankfully by the end of the program he's decided to diet and exercise properly without the surgery. I don't think he'd realised that you have to eat healthily after the lap band surgery!!!

I am aiming for the gym at lunch time, then I'll be getting home early-ish and having a good tidy! One of my bridesmaids is coming to stay at the weekend We are going shopping with no money! I'm thinking I might do my New York City ballet video at home, with the windows open and the fan on!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:29 AM   #36  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachyderm
Oh so it's her is it, the one you had to go to the gym with?!

p.s. Swimming sounds like a great idea
Yes, its her. I'm actually beginning to feel a bit sorry for her. Mr. C arrived back home at 1.30 this morning and sat at the end of the drive revving his bike before finally parking up and slamming his way indoors. Within minutes they were having a screaming fit at each other - probably because he woke her and the kids - then there was an almighty great crash and LOTS of screaming - turned out he'd chucked something heavy through their large kitchen window.... again! At this point DH decided that he was worried about their kids' safety and rushed out to make sure the littlies were okay, with me following along behind - I got out there just as Mr C took a swing at my DH for offering to take the kids in to our house to let them sleep while everything was sorted out!! That was enough for me, I kicked him (Mr Chav) in the delicate bits, told him that civilised people don't behave in such a childish way and then phoned the Police on my mobile in front of everyone and made sure they knew exactly what I was doing and why!

By this time half the road were standing watching this going on (I got a great big cheer for the kick) - so when the Police turned up there were plenty of witnesses. I've had them here again this morning to give a statement. He's actually talking about pressing charges against me!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:09 AM   #37  

Oh Gawd Sarah Ann!

You have to be so careful and you could well be up for assault (however right you think it was). Never a dull moment in your place is it? I did have a grin on my face when I read you saying that "Civilised people do not behave in such a childish way" and then you kick him in the nuts!!! Lol!!

SOrry, being serious, I would be the same I guess. I hate selfish people like that.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:10 AM   #38  
aka Superwoman!

Pre-emptive strike, you were scared that he was going to attack you and your DH

Well done for standing up to them and your street is better than Corrie
Old 07-05-2006, 06:35 AM   #39  

My god Sarah, that sounds awful. I'm sure the Police would have enough sense not to pursue a case against you though. You were just scared and trying to protect yourself and your family, after all he had just attempted (or done?) ABH on your husband! That and the fact that YOU called the police should be enough to stop this going any further.

I'll be thinking of you.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:48 AM   #40  

Frus, I have the New York City Ballet work out too! I find it a really good workout, and if I haven't done it for a while it kills me!

Glad you enjoyed your course, and of course we missed you. It gets quieter when you're not around.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #41  
aka Superwoman!

Gym gym gym gym gym gym gym gym GYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYM I'm off to the GYM do a little gym dance for me

Gonna run on the treadmill In the gym gym gym

Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #42  

Have you been at the Red Bull Frus?!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 AM   #43  
Consistency + Balance

I don't think the Police took his complaint too seriously - they told me about it with big smiles on their faces. They did ask what footwear I had on (girlie pink slip on trainers) and I'm a plump, middle-aged and middle class woman - the sort that, in their mind, isn't going to be able to inflict much damage. They aren't to know that I work out and press 100k with my legs - and run up and down hills each day

Anyway, Mrs C has popped round to apologise for all the fuss - bought me a lovely bunch of flowers - and said she's always wanted to do to her DH what I did to him last night. She's asking the Police to press charges against him and, as there's a history of similar incidents, it looks like they'll actually do something about it this time.

I've never heard of that New York Ballet workout video - is it good? What sort of workout?? I'm just back from doing a legs w/o at the gym followed by an hour swim. I might not combine them together in the future - I kept getting cramp in my legs while I was swimming.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #44  

Sarah! You hooligan!

Poor Frus talking to herself on the June thread...
Old 07-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #45  
aka Superwoman!

I had a nice time at the gym

The New York City Ballet is a nice ballet workout with stretches and some leg work and some cardio. It's quite good. I did it about 3 times a week a couple of years ago and really saw improvement in my bum! I don't think it would be very challenging for you Sarah, it's not an intense workout, but it's nice for stretching and lengthening your muscles, because a lot of things are done with a pointed toe.

I've got to go, this laptop is heating up my legs too much! Must carry on tidying the pigsty... Then NYCB when I can get revved up for it
Closed Thread