UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:40 AM   #106  

Can you tell I'm busy at work these days??

I'm gonna have my programme done with gormless Gareth on Saturday, and if I'm still really annoyed, I'll write my Mrs Bucket letter.

Pilates last night, heaps of people at the class, all young new ones, who thought it was going to be easy. It whipped their little behinds off! Hehehehe

Day off exercise today, nearly lunch time!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #107  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hommersmummy, what I don't understand about DH and the pans thing is that we have a dishwasher so he could easily put them straight in that if he doesn't want to exert himself by washing up - but no - he stacks them on the worksurface instead, in several wobbly piles along with all the other stuff he's used - then walks away leaving it for me to clear up. I'm about the walls though, I can't get the yellow turmeric stains off.

Kyk - what do you mean about having your programme done with Gormless Gareth'?
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:37 AM   #108  

At the gym that I'm complaining about, I have a less than switched on trainer, and I'm seeing him for an appointment on Saturday to get my programme reworked, but to be honest, I think it may be a waste of time. I think I might have mentioned, the guys a primary school PE teacher by training and is retraining to be a gym instructor. No wonder he makes me feel about 8! I'm gonna lay my cards on the table and say that I don't feel he is listening to me and my specific needs, and that I intend to complain if things don't improve. At least then he has the opportunity to get help from someone more experienced, though I doubt he will, we all know what men are like asking for directions!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #109  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
... we all know what men are like asking for directions!
You need say no more! Been there, done that - its a man-thing I suppose.

Can't you devise your own training programme? Perhaps borrowing bits from other programmes? THB I didn't know that gym instuctors did that kind of thing - I just thought they were there as a safety precaution and to chat up the pretty girlies - a bit like the lifeguards in the pool.

The only time I went to a gym (after my induction) I never saw an instructor at all the whole time I was there. It is possible that had someone taken an interest in us (me and DH) we might have gone back and I wouldn't be doing this now. We both felt quite intimidated by the grunting muscle-bound Arnie lookalikes - and that is exactly why I've got a guest bedroom full of gym equipment. (At least it stops MIL coming to stay )
Old 04-07-2006, 12:45 PM   #110  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81084
need some advice, sorry to butt in
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:12 AM   #111  
Consistency + Balance

Yayy!! 2lbs gone. I wish it could have been 2.5 or 3 though - I would dearly LOVE to be 13st something. (Hopefully next week!)
Old 04-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #112  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well done!

I ate too much last night, but I needed it after the rugby. Depression is not a good thing.

I emailed the running club yesterday, I'll keep you updated on that! I have a 5k today, then I'm probably going to go into town to buy a new jacket and clean the house ready for mum arriving tomorrow. I have to pick her up at Manchester Airport at 7am tomorrow morning, so I think it will be an early night tonight!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:52 AM   #113  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm with you YP - I ate too much yesterday too! Never mind, started the day off with a high protein bacon and egg on toast! Sounds unhealthy, but these were those healthy eating bacon thingies!

Good luck with your 5K - are you going for lots of speed or just treating it as a traiing run?

Hooray for you Sarah! 2lbs is great - don't you go wanting more, you'll be losing all that precious muscle. Remeber, slow and steady wins the race

Right, after the wedding dress excitement I'm all sorted! I went to bed last night wanting to go out for a run! I lifted weights instead this morning - must be feeling better!

I think we're off to West Ham or something today for DF's work I'm sure I'll be able to shop!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:59 AM   #114  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm going for SPEEEEED! I'd love to get under 25 minutes, preferably under 24 (I can do that on the treadmill but don't know if I'll be able to do it with hills...).

Except I just realised that it's in an hour, and I'm still lolling round the house in pyjamas, and I need to pick up my race number before the start. Still, it's only a 8 - 10 minute warm up jog down to the park, hopefully no queue for the number, round in under half an hour and back again hopefully by 12 so I can get some lunch and go shopping! I'm aiming to make it a 5 mile training run in all with 2 miles warm up/cool down and 3 miles at race pace, but to really go for it during those 3.

But to do that I really should get dressed...
Old 04-08-2006, 06:59 AM   #115  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

How's that for timing? Back just before 12, having run it in 24:13 despite a horrible wind and fairly nasty hills. I must have lost weight - at one point the wind almost blew me over! I kept my jacket on and zipped for most of it, it was bitter. It also helped hide my race number - 69 I ended up being 6th woman home, but it was a v. small race. Maybe 20 or so women in total? I'll have a look on the results if they come out to see. I couldn't overtake three of the ones in front to win anything though!

Shame about my tshirt though - they only had one size and it's far too big!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:02 AM   #116  
Consistency + Balance

Frus, I'm having your brekkie for my lunch - except that I'm not having any egg yolks. It actually comes out at fairly low cals - 45 for the whites done in that FryLite stuff, toast: 120 and 2 grilled rashers of bacon: 150. Total: 320. I was going to try one of those breakfast burritos but I seem to have lost my jar of salsa.

Just back from my walk with the dogs in just a long sleeve T shirt and jeans (in glorious sunshine) and I've just heard that we're forecast to have hail, sleet and SNOW today.

I'm having a minor panic here. We've been invited to dinner tonight by a workmate of DH's - I only know him and his wife slightly, we helped them get their dog (long story) and she is very snobby. The problem is with my clothes. I kind of had it in my mind to wear a gorgeous black V neck cashmere top DH bought me for Christmas with black silk trousers and a pearl necklace but I just tried it on and I look like a bag lady! Its all size 24 and I'm an 18 now. I've just phoned DH (he's at work) and he says he can't get off early - so the choice is a) do I wear the size 24 posh outfit OR b) wear a pair of jeans and a top which fit OR c) should I phone up and explain the problem and see what they say???
Old 04-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

If you feel better in your jeans then I would go with them. There is no need to apologise for the clothes you wear. You could if the situation arises tell them about your weight loss over dinner. The woman is sure to bring it up since you will be noticably slimmer since she last saw you.

I am sure you will look lovely anyway. Wack on the lipgloss and that will carry you anywhere!

Michele

Last edited by micheleherts; 04-08-2006 at 09:43 AM.
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:55 AM   #118  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm sat here in a pair of Jeans I bought from fleabay several months ago. I could get my arse in them, but I couldn't do them up. I just tried them on, out of curiosity and they fit! AND the bum and legs are loose! Blooooomin' ****, i'm happy! WHOOPWHOOP! I knew I was losing, but now i'm getting in clothes that 2 months ago wouldn't go near me, but are now loose, I can believe it!
YIPYIPYIP!!
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #119  

Hi guy's,

I hope you don't mind me crashing in here
I joined this site about a week ago and would love to join you on this thread if you all don't mind?
lilly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #120  

More than welcome. Join in anywhere.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote