UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersmummy
I'm sat here in a pair of Jeans I bought from fleabay several months ago. I could get my arse in them, but I couldn't do them up. I just tried them on, out of curiosity and they fit! AND the bum and legs are loose! Blooooomin' ****, i'm happy! WHOOPWHOOP! I knew I was losing, but now i'm getting in clothes that 2 months ago wouldn't go near me, but are now loose, I can believe it!
YIPYIPYIP!!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #122  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Yep Lilly, don't be shy - just jump in!

Sarah - I'd go with the jeans - I can't be bothered with trying to impress other folks nowadays, they just have to take me as they find me. Besides, you'll make her night by turning up in your jeans 'cos it'll make her feel all posh and superior .

Homersmommy - well done on the jeans!! Now to move onto the next size down...

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #123  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I could really use some advice on a work-colleague related matter. I'd appreciate it if a couple of you folks would read my latest blog entry and give me the benefit of your unbiased opinion before I risk making an idiot of myself on Monday !

Thanks in advance,

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #124  

Ms Dip You need to slap her (non-violently obviously) what a witch!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #125  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

For the attentino of YP1. thank you for two precious points

signed the Wakefield faithful.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #126  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Enjoy them. We like to give everyone an equal chance of taking 2 points off us...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #127  
Heather/Caterpillar

slimmingsi are you a Wakey fan? Sorry...are you THE Wakey fan? ;-)
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #128  

Dippy - you're not being oversensitive. I'd probably be inclined to say something to her. (but then I'm an Aussie and possibly would have slapped her - violently - by now) I don't suffer fools gladly. She probably isn't being nasty about you, she's probably just like that about everyone. Nothing a frontal lobotomy wouldn't fix. I can't believe some of the personal comments she makes. That's just plain out of order.

Well, I had a busy day. I went to yoga this morning. It was hard but fantastic. Then I had a swim (four lengths ) and then a steam and a spa. Then yet another change of clothes and into the gym with Gareth.

I laid my cards on the table. Said I really wasn't happy and not enjoying my workouts. I said I was fed up with the "ignore the fat people" policy of the gym, and if there weren't some real changes in the next five months, I was cancelling my membership. And that I am not the only fat person sick of the trainers playing with the dolly birds. Suprisingly he said that he knew exactly what I meant, and that something needed to be done, they are having their next staff meeting on Monday and he will make sure that my comments are heard by the other staff and the manager!!!!!!!!

So onto the programme. It's fabulous. Hard hard hard, with some new exercises.

Sarah Ann, I think I am probably capable of sticking my own programme together. But there are some great machines there that I want to use, and I need a trainer to assist me use them, or I'll injure myself, potentially. And I figure at £36 a month, (not to mention paying extra for my pilates and yoga) I deserve some attention from the trainers, size 10 Nike rockstar corset tops or not!!!

He was really good today and really listened to me.

Oh and I was taking no prisoners today. Our Yoga class is on at the same time as Body Combat. When they built the studios they put the yoga and the aerobics studio next to one another. They sound proofed the yoga studio, but not the aerobics one (doh!)

So on a Saturday morning, instead of 10 - 15 people, there are only 3 or 4 each week,. Two regulars and then a drop in (who drop out because of the intolerable noise) One of the drop ins dragged the manager in and said "look, I know you have had complaints but have you listened to this???

So after me sticking my oar in saying, that its all well and good they are going to rectify the soundproofing, that's not going to happen over night, and what are they going to do about people like me paying £3 for two classes a week that are run under the intolerable conditions?? He is going to try and arrange refunds and free classes for those affected, so watch this space.

Enough piffling from me!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #129  
Gym'll fix it!!

Janey..In response to the B*tches next wisecrack just say something like "Well you're blessed with a fast metabolism thats why you get away with eating like a PIG all day and not gaining a pound. I would'nt want to see what your heart and arteries looks like though you're a walking time bomb" If you ask me she's jealous of the competition
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
Nothing a frontal lobotomy wouldn't fix.
She does sound slightly stupid, we should pity her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
I laid my cards on the table. Said I really wasn't happy and not enjoying my workouts. I said I was fed up with the "ignore the fat people" policy of the gym, and if there weren't some real changes in the next five months, I was cancelling my membership. And that I am not the only fat person sick of the trainers playing with the dolly birds. Suprisingly he said that he knew exactly what I meant, and that something needed to be done, they are having their next staff meeting on Monday and he will make sure that my comments are heard by the other staff and the manager!!!!!!!!
Yay! You tell them.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:29 AM   #131  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

Kykaree, glad your gym's getting sorted out! Well done Homer'sMummy about the jeans! Well done YP on getting a cracking time Dippy - I'd smack her anyway and I haven't even read your blog! However the mature thing to do is rise above it! (note I still haven't read your blog, but I will do next!)

Kinda did ok yesterday - took out packed lunch with all sorts of wierd and wonderful things in it, then went out for dinner and had fish and chips and carrot cake. BUM! *sigh* Well it's just another slip-up day Hopefully I'll be ok today, DF is out all day and I'm thinking about tidying and buying a rebounder! I can't be bothered to actually run outside! Plus this way I get to watch DVDs while I "run"

Oh I just read that blog, what a Can't you "move" her to another department! You really need to show her that you're ENJOYING your healthy food and it tastes so much better than doughnuts and pizza. Start MMMMMmmmmm mmmm-ing with your salad lunch and saying things like, "Wow! This orange is so gorgeous, but I guess you've not eaten one in a while eh? Have you been tested for vitamin deficiencies recently? You know, scurvy?"

I bet she's got some strange eating disorder, if she really does eat doughnuts and crap all the time, I bet she's rushing off to throw it up! And WHY has she started running? Because she's afraid you might start to look better than her! I'd leave her to her own little devices and rise above it. She sounds increadibly insecure... She'll self destruct on her own, with no help from you!

Okay, enough ranting from me, I'm going to wait till the shops open - 11am! Do they not think people get up early on a Sunday! I suppose I could wash up before then!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:18 AM   #132  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've been to Manchester and back, and my mother's already winding me up. Pointing at stuff in my fridge, quizzing me what it is, telling me that I don't eat apples (so I'm never allowed to start, clearly?) and removing my motivation for a sunday morning run. She's gone for a sleep now, so I might just do a bit of yoga or pilates as it's too cold out there to be bothered running. I really do need to get back into the weekend morning run thing, I've been slacking off a bit recently and only doing one morning out of two, but I might leave it til I'm back from Amsterdam.

Right, must get started on the bendiness or I'll end up doing nothing at all.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:18 AM   #133  

i've been to our Farmers Market this morning, and nothing is open!!! I had to wait til the stalls opened, I got there at nine! I thought farmers got up with the birds!!! Hurrumph!

I have a grumpy dh today. No idea what's up with him, must be that time of the month I hope he snaps out of it, gonna be a long day otherwise!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:24 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you all

This time next week Lent shall be over and I will be eating Lindt choccies for brekkie.

Last night I went out for an lovely meal bread dipped in olive oil to start,
a big creamy pasta dish with deep fried spinach balls. No alcohol though since my St Patricks Day session which seems to have put me off for life. The meal was lovely but god this morning do I feel bloated. I used to eat like that regularly. No feelings of guilt which is great but I think I should try and fit a trip to the gym in. Speaking of which I weighed myself on their scales Friday and they made me just over ten stone well I was absolutely gobsmacked, mine make me two or three pounds heavier, I am not sure which ones to go by now. Martin my husband says our scales are quite old and I should go by the gym ones if they are to be believed my target is only 7lbs away feck I am on the home straight well I was probably until that fine meal I had last night but who cares I'm from the school of thought don't deny yourself things which I think we all are and thats why we are losing weight.

Frustrated the second dress was beautiful although I still liked that bustier one you pictured the other week too. You are going to be such a take your breath away bride.

Dippy lets go and put her windows through.

Sarah hope the dinner went well with Mrs Bouquet!

Kykaree glad the gym is sorted I'd say a hip massage amongst other things
will be yours on your next visit.

Anyway I am wittering have a lovely day and enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #135  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Happy Sunday!

Last night's dinner was awful. Steak and Kidney Pie - yuck! I phoned up to warn them about the clothes in advance but I still felt like she was a bit put out that I hadn't made more effort. What a pair though - with the way they live, look and behave I thought they were approaching retirement age - but turned out she is 10 years younger than me and he's the same age as DH. It definitely pays to invest in good face cream!

Dippy - What a miserable b!tch! (Her, not you.) You are definitely not being over-sensitive. I don't think you can do anything about her eating habits but you need to deal with her behaviour towards you. Bullying doesn't tend to go away on its own and if she's faced with it then she is likely to deny it - or say that she was joking. (I've never understood how people can say a hurtful remark was meant as 'a joke'.) Have you had any problems with her work because she may be thinking that these comments are the best way get back at you? If it were me then the next time she made one of these comments I'd immediately tell her that I find her remarks childish and offensive - and tell her to modify her behaviour. She won't like it - but thats tough.

Oh YP1 - thats how Mothers get their own back on their daughters for the hassle of living with them through puberty!! I love the thing about the apples - I can remember saying something similar to my DD about lentils...

Kyk - Well done on sticking up for yourself. Its probably not just overweight people who are p'd off about that kind of attitude but anyone who isn't young and gorgeous. I hope they do something about it.

Frus - Enjoy your shopping. Good luck with the eating today.

Michele - that meal sounds gorgeous. I checked my weight on the bathroom scales in Asda. I tried it on 4 or 5 display models - they were all a pound or two different!

Hommersmummy - Well done on those jeans - its that kind of non scale victory which gives a good incentive to carry on.

This morning was my lower body WO followed by a two hour walk - and I've got a pain in my right knee and I've pulled my right hamstring - AND I've got a pain in my inner left thigh muscle. DH thinks its funny - he keeps on saying that I'm supposed to be getting fitter, not turning in to an old crock.

He can't talk - he's got another cold.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote