UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:57 AM   #526  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Heva - I'm trying to ignore the possibility of relegation for now. First we've got to go out of the cup, then we'll concentrate on staying at the bottom of the league

Just a short 30 minute swim this morning, the pool was quite full so I decided I'd had enough and went in the steam room for a while.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:36 AM   #527  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy Chip
Woohoo, I have a half day at work today, because I'm seeing Depeche Mode at the NEC tonight! All you youngsters talking about Goldfrapp and Radiohead gigs are making me feel really old and past it - it's Depeche Mode this month and Gary Numan next month for me - I'm about ready for my zimmer frame I think!

But I was playing Goldfrapp in the car this morning, so I'm not totally out of touch am I?

My parents live 15 minutes away from the NEC so we're staying with them until Saturday night - there is a BIG nosh-up planned for Saturday lunchtime as all my sisters will be there...I need me some !!

Janey
Youngster! Not me.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #528  
Heather/Caterpillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
Heva - I'm trying to ignore the possibility of relegation for now. First we've got to go out of the cup, then we'll concentrate on staying at the bottom of the league
Just let me have my few weeks of gloating, we all know you are just keeping that spot warm for the mighty Salford (I'm a reds fan-we're never confident!), most of us are wondering if we have entered some weird alternative universe where Salford are actually good!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:26 AM   #529  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Love is.... when your husband comes home from filling up the car with fuel with a set of 50kg barbells/dumbells and a padded bench as an early Easter pressie. Ahhhh!

Love is.... even more so when we find stuff missing out of the boxes, go back to get replacements AND he tells the (male) sales assistant that the stuff is for me, not him. (The sales assistant had been completely ignoring me up to that point). He even got me leather lifting gloves and (for some reason) a leather skipping rope.

No exercise for me today, except a normal-person type walk with the dogs and husband - and, of course, lugging all the weights and bench around.

I had my ECG - and it came up normal - AND I had my BP taken again and it has gone down a bit. Phew!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:26 AM   #530  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Ooooh Depeche Mode! Hope you have a great time DippyChip, Dave Gahan mmmmmm .

I'm gutted once again to not be in Leeds this summer, they're going to have a great concert season. Where I live is desperately devoid of anything remotely decent, music wise. Well, I did manage to get to see Madonna in Atlanta (four hours drive!!!) in '04.

Oh and I got a compliment at the gym this morning from one of the skinny/fit girls!!! I was in the changing rooms and said morning to her and she goes "I am so impressed by your running, you run for like an hour! I wish I could do that!". I was so surprised and happy to hear that!

T.G.I.F! I have Radio 1 playing over t'internet and am just starting to wind down for the weekend.

Last edited by LynneA; 03-31-2006 at 09:36 AM.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:37 AM   #531  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hooray for your weights and your bench and your gloves... I need a new skipping rope... Glad your tests are ok.

Poor Lynne, it's a good job Radio 1 do internetty stuff - none of the appalling american dross for you
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #532  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

My partner LOVES Depeche Mode! He's been a big fan of theirs from the beginning, as well as Human League and Thompson Twins. Hard to believe, but he was also heavy into the punk scene at the time! Bowie, Sex Pistols, etc....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:23 PM   #533  

Talking

It's nearly April

Just saying.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #534  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I might stay up til midnight to start the new thread

I have just had the nicest stir fry EVER for my tea. I'm still drooling, and I have enough for another portion during the week. If it survives that long! I've got a hard day of yoga ahead of me so I might need some extra fortification. But then I'm on the wine tonight so maybe that's all the extra I need
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:41 PM   #535  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I was wondering who was going to stay up till midnight!

I've had a nice long nap - I'm only just coming round and I got up at 7! Been out to Waitrose to stock up on cottage cheese and other such nutritious foods!

I just made a recipe from the LWL thread... 1/2 C oats & 1 apple chopped into pieces, covered with water then nuked for 2-3 minutes. Then take 1/2 C cottage cheese, add vanilla and splenda and blend until creamy, like cream! Then when apple and oats have cooled slightly, plonk creamy cottage cheese on the top and it really does taste scarily like apple crumble! Or at least something yummy anyway! Only problem is, I couldn't finish it and now the hot and cold stuff is sitting getting warm in a bowl - I doubt I'll be able to heat it up again without the cottage cheese dieing!

I'm still trying to work up the energy to do some weights! I might just pound my arms rather than attack the full body workout. We'll see! I'm feeling slightly less like butt than I did an hour ago!

No kickboxing tomorrow morning, so we are going to JJB sports to buy me some new running shorts and then off to Borough market to buy lovely apples, and lots of yummy vegetables and meat. Imagine me, getting excited about vegetables!!! I don't reconise myself any more - but I'm still a stubborn so I guess I'm still me!

Have a great weekend all, if I'm not back on tomorrow. Although I think I will be, because I'm fitdaying stuff and planning and things this weekend, so that I don't just stuff my face with chocolate and chips!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:58 PM   #536  

Hello all. I got taken out for tea tonight. DH ate salad!!! And he's been enquiring about box scheme organic veggies and has arranged a box for next Tuesday. Weird! Good weird though

I've been shopping, got some more casual workout stuff that's ok for bombing around at weekends. And undies. Boring but essential! I have decided that my size 18 bum cannot keep trying to hold up size 26 undies!

A busy weekend of yoga and exercise, and maybe some housekeeping.

And trying to stay on the food wagon. I keep falling off!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #537  
Gym'll fix it!!

In the "nick" of time too Kyk I can only imagine how you would have to walk to keep too big drawers up
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote