UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 07:45 AM   #76  

Have a banana
Old 02-06-2002, 08:42 AM   #77  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Veggie , I keep having a banana, thanks for the good advice
It seems to be working!!
Old 02-06-2002, 08:43 AM   #78  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Veggie, I agree with Delaney - a little credit card abuse is definitely called for here!!! I have done the same as you and now I haven't got anything much to wear at all. I keep promising myself to wait until I am a bit smaller, but I think I am going to have to do something about trousers/jeans - mine look MC Hammer's! (sp??)

So - Veggie - what course are you are planning to do when you go to so called college??

George apparently has to be assessed by 1) a Vet and 2) an animal behaviourist!!!!!! He is going to so enjoy being the centre of lots of people's attention. The criteria seems to be whether you can give him a nice bone and then take it out of his mouth. No problem - George would actually just give it to you if you asked. He also has to be rolled over and gently leaned on and then have his ears and tail pulled without getting upset. Once again - no problem. His only problem I think is likely to be that he will think the children are new toys for him to play with - and he likes to bury new toys!

I am dreading having my photo taken - its got to be a bit like a police mugshot type photo - very flattering!

Delaney - I know all the dieting books and magazine articles all say that brekkie is the most important meal - but if you don't like it then don't have it. Couldn't you have an early lunch/brunch instead? Perhaps just have a banana or something at breakfast time??

I'm going off to make myself a virtual man now.....
Old 02-06-2002, 08:54 AM   #79  
Theres no stopping me now

Its another beautiful day, the sun is shining & it isn't too cold. Got up & worked out agian this morning - thats 3 times this week, there is a danger this could become a habit. Rode my exercise bike in front of GMTV. Also been out for a walk in the sunshine, I went different route from usual & although it was nice it wasn't as enjoyable as my normal route, no gardens, no water features, no other people, but lots of big lorries taking shortcuts to the motorway - won't bother going that way again.

Got booked up for a SUN holiday - not a holiday in the sun unfortunately, but a holiday promotion ran by the sun newspaper. Myself & a friend & our 4 kids are off to a caravan in Northumberland on the 8th of April - how much weight can I lose by then -need to work out how much I could be down at a pound a week. So that break will hopefully give me some more inspiration.

I'm also waiting for my sister to announce her wedding date. She can't make her mind up whether to do it this year or leave it to next. Personally I think she should just get on with, but it would be nice if I could lose some of this weight before. When my brother got married I was at 12 stone & thought I looked alright, but when I look at the picture in mums livingroom, I know different. 12 stone is a long way away, but I would like to be slimmer when Erica finally marries her bloke.

Best go this is turning in to war & peace

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 02-06-2002 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:59 AM   #80  
Consistency + Balance

Not here its not - right now we have got gale force winds with driving horizontal rain!
Old 02-06-2002, 09:06 AM   #81  

Not coming down there then, but you are more than welcome to pop up & enjoy our sunshine.

Off to look out my bikini

Carol
Old 02-06-2002, 11:02 AM   #82  

Carol my parents have booked a sun holiday as well my sister collected all the tokens (just like to say at this point none of my family actually read the sun ) then decided she couldn't go at that time and becuse its for four they also put me and my other sister down dont think we will go somehow.

I am truly in debt now spent £35 in evans (trousers) and £65 in m&s (shoes) dont want to think about cc bill now Am sitting here in my new trainer mules though I like them even if I can't actually afford them.

Don't know what I'm doing at college I looked at european driving license (computer) on the net but I think its stuff I have already done I'll see if they do the advance one.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:20 AM   #83  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

We are going on a Sun holiday too, 10 weeks on Friday, we go on one every year and always have a great time! We are off to the Lakeland leisure park.do you know it veggie!! (We don't read the paper either!!)
Old 02-06-2002, 05:10 PM   #84  

8 weeks on Monday until I go. I only buy the Sun when it has the vouchers in it. Been away with them to Haggerston Castle in Northumberland for the last 4 years. Am trying to book up an October one for there. Haven't had the autumn break confirmed yet - keep telling myself they are doing all the spring ones first - here's hoping.

I had a moment of truth earlier tonight when I looked in the full length mirror in my room. I have conditioned myself to see past the fat, but all I could see tonight was my tummy. I have no tummy muscles. I blame it on the kids, I had them both by C-Section. But I've had them for over 4 years, so I could have done something about it so maybe I should blame myself !!!

I have made a deal with myself that every other day for the next month I will spend 10 minutes working on my Abs / Tummy. If at the end of the time I can't see a difference it is up to me whether I continue or not. If I can see a difference then I stick with for another month & treat myself to a new pair of earrings. Maybe I can bribe myself into doing something about this. Please nag at me if I don't stick to this - no one else can sort out my trouble area for me.

Another successful day under my belt - if only I could always find it so easy.

Carol
Old 02-07-2002, 04:20 AM   #85  
Consistency + Balance

Oh goodness has this thread caused ructions here in the wilds of Yorkshire!

Basically Kevin doesn't believe he has had a holiday unless he has flown somewhere - and when I fly I pass out! The doctor thinks its something to do with my ears.... so we never go on holiday!

I have been whinging on about having a holiday here in the UK - Cornwall, Scotland, Lake District - ANYWHERE - just NOT in Yorkshire and he says he can't see the point because the one and only time he had a holiday in the UK (before we met) it poured with rain for the entire 2 weeks.

I have even tried suggesting that we get a ferry to France (or Eurotunnel) and drive down through France and Spain - but. no, he doesn't like that idea because he says all foreign drivers are nutters - they have to be because they drive on the wrong side of the road! Men!!!!!!!!!!

So - I have told him all about all of you having lovely holidays in the UK - and he is repeating himself all over again about the rain, etc. To make matters worse one of my US diet buddies has invited us over whenever we want to stay and for as long as we want.... and she means it! Any ideas??

I was thinking (can you smell the burning??) how would you all feel if we started of a thread doing a paragraph or two introducing ourselves to each other??? You know - the usual stuff you tell your friends, age, build, how long married, kids, general stuff - and perhaps including a bit about why we think we got overweight??????? I don't want to start it if I'm going to be the only one though - I'm shy!

I am having a really hungry-type day today - I can never figure out why I get these every now and then.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:27 AM   #86  

Hi Sarah, I think that sounds an excellent idea for a thread, it would be great to know more about everyone on here.

The weekend before last I went to Brussels on Eurostar, straight from Waterloo into the centre of Brussels. I can't recommend it enough, Brussels was fantastic, full of great shops, restaurants, pubs and plenty of sightseeing. It could be a compromise for a weekend away
Old 02-07-2002, 06:26 AM   #87  
Consistency + Balance

I would LOVE that - or even going over to the Netherlands on a ferry from Hull - but it doesn't involve going on a plane, so Kevin just won't be a happy bunny! The silly thing is that he hates just sitting - and a beach holiday wouldn't suit either him or me - he has just got this idea in his head that a good holiday begins and ends with a plane trip.

I am running a bit out of time today - so I will start the 'introductions' thread tomorrow - unless someone else would like to do it first, please!!!

I just downloaded Internet Explorer 6 which has given me an automatic update to Outlook Express 6 - and for the life of me I can't see any difference, except a slight change in colours and icons... has anyone else got it and am I missing something obvious. It sort of seems a waste of a 2 hour download right now!
Old 02-07-2002, 07:19 AM   #88  

Blimey everyone is going away with the sun bet my poor parents don't get theirs hope you all feel guilty they are pensioners you know

Sarah I can recommend a place far from Yorkshire...Saltburn Cleveland (except near whitby) I went there rained and the water was cut off half way through got all the money back...but dirty most of the time obviously!
Old 02-07-2002, 07:21 AM   #89  

Finally got round to watching Bridget Jones diary (last person in the world maybe) I'm sure the weight was in stones in the book in pounds in the film grr...
Old 02-07-2002, 07:37 AM   #90  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Sarah

We often (2 or 3 times a year) go over to France via. Shuttle cuz I don't like boats. Last year we drove to Brugge and tell DH the drivers are not notters cuz you don't see any hardly, once out of the towns. France is such a big country that you can have the motorways to yourself, in fact we have been known to zig zag from either side of the road, just for the **** of it and just because we can

So DH - sorry - no excuse, and what's more it didn't rain (just think, on the way back you can pack the car with all that lovely wine, french bread, which I freeze and the olive oil is so cheap that I never buy it in the UK)
Closed Thread