UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 01:18 PM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Hello from 1 Fat Chick in England # 6

Hiya everyone - its a month tomorrow (2nd) since we started afresh for this year - how have we all done????????? I'll get on the scales tomorrow and let you know if I am anywhere near the stone I wanted to lose in this first month!
Old 01-31-2002, 02:54 PM   #2  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

Fingers crossed!

I weight myself on Tuesdays so I'll let you know then! Ive already lost 6lbs so hopefully by Tuesday I'll have lost at least half a stone!
Old 01-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #3  
Theres no stopping me now

So I've no manners, am incredibly rude and there is no common curtesy left anywhere. Actually veggie I'm too scared to post now incase you're typing. Will have to make this quick, can't do it to you twice.

Am feeling much better, still coughing for Scotland but will be back on my healthy plan tomorrow - if it ever stops raining, I may even go for a walk when Steve is in nursery - will not be well enough to go back to work until Monday - sure you undersatnd.

Hope you weren't typing Veggie

Carol
Old 01-31-2002, 03:56 PM   #4  

Sarah I didn't make the stone but I'm 13lbs lighter than I was on the 2nd of Jan, and am really chuffed with that.

I have 4 weigh in Tuesdays in February & am going to aim to be down another 8lbs by the end of the month - it will be hard. It doesn't look like much on paper (or the screen), but it will take willpower & constant committment - but this is going to be the year I do it.

Starting weight - 16 stone 8lbs
Current weight - 15stone 9 lbs
End of Feb goal - 15 stone 1lb

Sorry Veggie - hope you weren't typing

Carol
Old 01-31-2002, 05:56 PM   #5  

Everybody's doing so well

I'm afraid I've not been "brilliant" over the last week but I've still lost 9lb since the 2nd and I've had a good day today. I woke up in the middle of the night (last night) and I couldn't get back to sleep again, I was worrying that I'm not losing weight quick enough and that I was cheating myself by eating more than I should. It was horrible, I kept thinking how mad I'll be with myself if another holiday will and come and go and I'm still 17 stone. I got really worked up and upset myself. How wierd is that?? Anyway I must be good now because we're going out for dinner on Saturday night, belated anniversary present as the kids were all last week, looking forward to it - have to be good to make up for it.

It's raining here to Carol but it's also really windy - some of our fence is coming down

I came upstairs a short while ago to read my mail and I heard the kitchen door opening so I snook down to see what Dave was up to.... well he had waited for me to leave the room and then started to raid the kids goody jar - you should have seen his face when I jumped in on him yelling "CAUGHT YOU"

See you tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:45 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

Hi Everyone

Isn't this weather incredible.... there's been a fair amount of property damage up here as well. I have never seen a weather map quite like last nights - except for when we had that hurricane when I lived in Kent... I would prefer never to live through something like THAT again.

Well.... I'm confused - should those of us who started our diets on the 2nd Jan be weighing today or tomorrow?? I got on the scales today and I have managed exactly the same as you, Carol, 13lbs. I think I'll have another look tomorrow and see if I have managed that extra 1lb. I'm not usually such a slave to the scales, but it would have been nice to have reached my target. I think I will copy you, Carol, and aim to have lost another 7-8lbs by the 2nd March. It felt really peculiar doing a 'semi-official' weigh in in the middle of the week, but its nice to see exactly how far I have come since Jan 2nd.

Delaney - DON'T WORRY - how long did your weight take to go on???? I read somewhere that long term successful dieters should aim at 90% dedication and not feel guilty about the other 10%.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:13 AM   #7  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

You are all doing so well, wouldn't it be great if we could lose the same amount EVERY month, I doubt we will but it is a great thought!!We are never going to weigh the same as we did in Jan 2002 it is always going to be less than that!!

I filled some form out on a site, could have been fitday, one I heard about on here anyway, It said I could be my first target of 11st 13lb for Feb 5th2003 if I lost 1.49lb per week. Now 1.49 is achievable but it is the every week that will be the problem for me, but I know with your help I will get there. We all will!
Old 02-01-2002, 05:04 AM   #8  

TQ - that sounds quite positive doesn't it? Just over a pound a week - that's made me look at it differently. I'm going to work mine out too

I did very well yesterday - thanks for the pep-talk Sarah I needed that Anyway, I know I shouldn't have done but I did, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost another pound it's not my official weigh in until Tuesday, but that has really motivated me to do well today - phew.

Well most of our fence is now flapping about the garden - this house was only built 2 years ago, you'd think the fence would last at least 5 years!!

See you later.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:39 AM   #9  

Am sitting here worn out from a 35 minutes aerobics session with that Lorraine Kelly woman - did 2 of the sections on the tape - that was enough - I couldn't face the 3rd as well.

I think we have all done really well in January, just by posting here we are showing each other we are still committed.

We don't have the wind yet - it must be coming from the south because they have promised it will be here by mid afternoon, but it is pouring. Did I tell you in the storms on Monday one of our 25 / 30 feet confiers snappe din to over the back wall - just as well we don't have neighbours at tehback else it would probably have gone through a wondow. My problem now is how do I get it out of the park - too heavy to drag - over to Ray I think.

Best go get some lunch orgainsed for Sean, he thinks it's great I've been at home this week, cause he loves to come home for his lunch, he sees it as a big treat. Only problem is, he is always the last one out of the school. Today I've primed him to run out with his pal who also comes home for lunch - will have to wait & see if he does that or if yet again I have to go looking for him. THE joys

Carol
Old 02-01-2002, 07:17 AM   #10  
Phat Chick

Question To weigh or not to weigh

Well - I have not had a very good month, between getting sick and my scale fiasco. I currently have no idea what I actually weigh, cause the wonderful Tanita (£44 ) kept giving me dodgy weight and BMI readings and is now resting back on the shelves at John Lewis.

I think I might hold off from buying scales for a month and see how it goes - what do you guys think?? I have seen two sets, one by Salter and one by Soehnie (WW approved!). At the moment, I am getting back into the water, exercise and not sure if I want the numbers on the scale to scare me again just yet.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Getting paranoid because everyone is doing so well and feel like my "efforts" are skewing the results and I do feel a bit of a "fraud".

However - I am not giving up. I will do it this year. Last year was full of blips and setbacks which saw me rejoin WW twice. This is not going to happen this year. I WILL DO IT!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 07:27 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

Hi, BPB, Nooooooo!!!! Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried dieting without scales last year (no doubt Veggie, Delaney and Ali will remember this....) it was an experiment that it turned in to a 10lb gain!

My diet had hit a plateau and I was bored with it and I felt my life was ruled by my scales - so I decided to try something new - just healthy eating and moderate portions and not weighing myself - so I actually threw my scales away so that I wasn't tempted. It was a total disaster - mainly, I think, because I wasn't 'policing' myself each week with the scales and I somehow fooled myself with my portion control.

I'm not saying the same thing will happen to you, you have almost certainly got more will power than me, but its an experiment I will never repeat.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:35 AM   #12  

I feel the same as you BPB, I have had a terrible month and my recent trip to Brussels has resulted in me gaining the 3 lbs I had previously lost. I was interested to read Sarah Ann's reply as I was considering giving up the scales for a while too.

I think I may hold off reporting on the weigh in thread for a while, until I get back in the swing of things. I don't want my gain spoiling the total weight loss of everyone else who is doing so well.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:38 AM   #13  

My very first sort of "diet" age 17 (walked to work skipped lunch) wasn't actually a diet just did that. I had no scale still no idea how much I lost people just told me I was slimmer so must of lost!

My last proper "diet" age 24 I started of with no scales I think I would of been better of without them I became a bit obsessed when I bought some then put the weight back on.

Now I'm on my third "diet" 2000 to present the very last diet if you find me in 1/5/10 yrs still yo-yo-ing please shoot me

Last edited by veggie; 02-01-2002 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:42 AM   #14  

Phoebe and anyone else don't feel obliged to record your gain on the weigh in thread if you don't want to but I will be! The weigh in thread to me is a way of being accountable without going to a slimming club so gain or loss I will be there!!
Old 02-01-2002, 07:56 AM   #15  
Phat Chick

I do want to participate in the weekly weigh - it's just that recently I have been contributing in the wrong direction

Well today is a new month and I have nearly drank a litre of water. I will pop out on Monday and get another set of scales (too windy for me to want to step out today) and so can I officially start again today, with Tuesday being my WI day?

I am also contemplating cutting down on bread as well - anyone had any success with that?

Just an after thought - gonna add an aka to my Phat Chick line - as everyone real names confuse me sorry Veggie pinched that idea from you!

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 02-01-2002 at 07:59 AM.
Closed Thread