Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #121  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 8 - good - Some sort of purposeful exercise everyday - 2 pauses left
Day 9 - good - No food 2 hours before bedtime - level 3
Day 9 - good - At least 4 servings of fruits/vegies per day - level 1

Just a quick one to post my challenges! Gotta run. Have a great day!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #122  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Calories 1500-1700 - day 19, with 3 pauses gone
Candy <100 calories per day, day 19, 3 pauses gone
Fruit/vegetables - 4 or more servings per day, day 19 with 3 pauses gone

Took a pause day on the candy today. Way too many home-made sweets coming into work these days. Sure is quiet on this site. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:24 AM   #123  

Hi everyone

Been away a long time (again). My ankle still hasn't healed but I need to get back into things so I'm starting my challenges over.

Same challenges, both level 3
21 days of exercise 30 mins per day
No more than 1 refined sugar serving per day

Starting Saturday 9 December
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #124  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh all! Sorry, busy again and no time to write. Just wanted to say my challenge is complete!! Hurrah!!

Welcome back sweet pea. Howdy dj, Ashley! Others? Wherz ya all?
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #125  

Day 9 & 10 - good - Some sort of purposeful exercise everyday - 2 pauses left
Day 10 & 11 - good - No food 2 hours before bedtime - level 3
Day 10 & 11 - good - At least 4 servings of fruits/vegies per day - level 1

Busy day yesterday, but got all challenges in.

Red - Congrats on your challenge! Good job!

Sweet Pea - Glad to see you back. Take care of that ankle!

Ashley - Tough time of year on those sweets huh? Good luck with it!

Gotta run. Kids need a ride again today.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:47 AM   #126  

thanks for the welcome dj and red

just as well i signed up to this. i haven't done my 30 mins yet today and had "forgotten" about it. i was planning to go dancing tonight but thinking of staying in. then i checked my emails and thought uh oh!!! i better go do my 30 mins. so i either have to go to the dance or find something at home to do.

been good on the sugar (so far) but this is my danger time

dj - well done on your challenges
Old 12-09-2006, 06:34 AM   #127  
Never give up

Hey all. I'm feeling pretty down. Wondering what I should do for my next challenge...wondering how I'll ever lose weight...if it'll matter. (Sigh) I really need a boost-me-upper. All I can think of is food.... Oh, well, I did get to the gym after riding today. But I ate to compensate...well, anyone got any ideas? I just have to get more weight off. What do I do for motivation...blah, blah, blah, don't mind me people.....
Old 12-09-2006, 06:50 AM   #128  

hmmmm i thought you were 72kg last time i was around so maybe you have already lost some weight?

my suggestion is to write down all the reasons you want to lose weight/make lifestyle changes and really focus on them and make them big and important. if the reasons aren't important enough then there won't be any change in your behaviour

the other things i would suggest
- make a list of things you enjoy and make sure you do something from that list most days
- think of other things you can do to nurture yourself without food
- maybe try visualisation and other things to lift your self confidence and feel better about yourself???

today's report
no exercise
but i did stick to only 1 serving of refined sugar, so day 1 completed for that challenge
Old 12-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #129  
Never give up

Heh there, sweet pea. Thanks for taking the time out to give me some suggestions. That was sweet of you.
Yes, you were away a long time and during that time I did manage to get my weight down. I'd gotten down to just under 68 kg and then went through an eating phase that put me back up another 5 lbs again. Now, I've gotten a bit of that off again.
I won't go into details but work is **** and I have no time for myself anymore, very little. I am trying to make the most of that time but really, it's tough. I need down time and yet I'm using the little free time I have to exercise and get out to see my horse. So, I'm pretty frazzled, exhausted and becoming depressed from the overwork, and moreso the fact that the work involves making a lot of people unhappy (managing resisters to change). Anyhow, enough of that...I don't want to talk about work (my entire life practically now).
I liked the part you said about reasons for losing weight etc. and "make them big and important." I have the ability to say absolutely nothing is really ever that important and this is a huge help in not letting things get to me. However, it's in areas such as these where, yeah, it certainly doesn't seem so important to lose more weight where it works against me. Yes, I would love to not have to hide the roll of fat around my middle. Yes, I would love to be able to tuck in my shirts etc etc. At my height, I have to eat like a bird in order not to gain weight. This is the hardest thing for me. I have never been a bird! But, yeah, making those reasons important is a challenge. I guess it's about saying my crazy little dreams are truly important instead of saying I should be happy to be healthy etc. etc. I will ponder this....

Last edited by redballoon; 12-09-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #130  
Never give up

Well, people, I was over perusing the Featherweights forum...god, that name is just NOT right for me! but it did give me the motivation and disgust at my own complacency to get up and cracking again! I will be committing to a new challenge today, maybe a couple of them, and I have changed my goal weight to 55 kg (120 lbs) and made a weight tracker. Enough of the moaning. I have thoroughly disgusted myself with it!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #131  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Finished the calorie and fruit/vegetable challenge, but fell off the wagon on the sweets for the past few days.

Sweet Pea – Welcome back. Sorry to hear your ankle is still bothering you.

Red – congratulations on finishing your challenge. It really is tough to hang onto the motivation. I think everyone on this site can relate to that struggle. We’re always here to talk it through with you. It sounds like you’re working through it – by reading the featherweights postings! That made me laugh when I read your last post.

DJ – seems like you’re on the run lately. Good job with your challenges.

I'm starting some new challenges. With Christmas coming up, I don’t think there’s any point in even attempting anything too stringent. So, with that in mind, I’m going to do some sort of exercise 30 minutes per day and keep the calories under 2,000; both level 3.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:54 AM   #132  

red - i'm glad you're feeling motivated again. truly getting the right reasons that you feel passionate about are the only way to lose weight. if you are doing it because you think you "should" or because you feel bad about your body image then it's hard to make progress

funnily i teach a course in emotional eating so i'm up with all the tricks. i used to be a shocking emotional eater. it was all about instant gratification and self medicating with food. now i am much much better but i still have the impulses sometimes and have to fight them.

when i am feeling balanced then i feel in control of my eating and i am not tempted. but when i am stressed then yes it is much easier to be tempted. i totally relate

ashley - well done on the fruit/vege challenge. i agree the sweet stuff is the hardest to resist. that's why i set myself the goal of only 1 serving per day. these days i am working on moderation
Old 12-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #133  

Day 11 & 12 - good - Some sort of purposeful exercise everyday - 2 pauses left
Day 12 & 13 - good - No food 2 hours before bedtime - level 3
Day 12 & 13 - good - At least 4 servings of fruits/vegies per day - level 1

Just had to get on here and catch up. Been busy around here again. I have a possibility of having an entire week off of work around Christmas, sure hope it happens! I feel like I really need a break right about now.

Red - Sorry to hear you're having it rough, but glad you found somewhere to get some motivation! Maybe I'll have to head on over the the feather weights myself and find some motivation for me. I may be keeping up on my challenges, but I'm still eating too much. I think that after Christmas, I need to get back to counting those dreaded calories again.

SweetPea - Wow, I should be taking that course on emotional eating! That is one of my problems, that and eating when bored. I'll have to head over and read your blog. I think I checked it out once before, but it seems I never have much time to sit in front of my computer. I'll try to make some time for it.

Ashley - Great job on the challenges! I agree with you on the whole Christmas thing. This is a hard time of year with all the temptations and stresses that come with the holidays. Once the holidays are over, we'll all have to re-commit ourselves and get things moving again.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #134  

morning!

it's a lovely sunny day here so i'm off to sit in the sunshine and plan my day
Old 12-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #135  
Never give up

Morning, sweet pea! Cold but sunny here as well. Plan a masterpiece! I'm working on mine!