Old 09-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #136  

Hey everyone!
Hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine was pretty good. I was pretty happy this AM because my scale budged. It only moved a tiny bit, but it moved anyway.
Congrats to all those with weight loss this week!
Kerry: Did you say relax? Isn't there some law against that?
Ginny: I'm really not a stinker.....Took my bath today.......
Mouse: Congrats on getting all that work done......Sounds exhausting. Did I read earlier that you had surgery?
Robyn: Where you at girl?
D.Smart: Love that slogan Aim for progress not perfection.......
Hey to everyone else.......Gotta get dinner going....
Teacher of the year for the county being announced tomorrow....Wish me luck.......
Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:47 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

hello to all! i had a pretty good day today, it was very long though. on mondays i only have three classes which really makes the day go by slow.
smart- sorry to hear about your schedule change. this year my principal decided to change everyone's schedules and with teaching at three different schools, mine is really a mess. some days i only have a few classes and then others i have no breaks all day. i hope that you are able to find some joy in working with the new child. i am sure that since they are going to so much trouble to put you with them that they think you are the best for them.
melody- good luck with ww tonight. i have only lost 2.5 pounds according to their scales but mine show about 7. i read somewhere today that the weight you are in the morning is your "real" weight so i am sticking with the 7 lb loss. too bad ww won't go for that. i am doing great with my water and logging my food but not so hot with keeping up with my points. i eat way less than 10 during the day and then don't count up my points at night but just really watch what i eat.
kerry- didn't get my hike in after all. my dh decided that we needed to deliver pictures but didn't tell us until we were already miles from home. the kids and i were not to happy with him. what kind of walking tape do you do? sounds interesting.
pam- good luck with teacher of the year, i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

trob
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #138  
burned out bus driver

I am going to be a complete loser here......Hi to everyone. This week is shaping up to be insane.........and I am getting a cold.
Had to write up my first kid in 2 years...is it June yet?

Sorry not to get personal. Perhaps tomorrow I will have some time.
Adios and Bon Nuit (how's that for multi lingual!)
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! I went to my WW meeting this afternoon and according to their scales I lost 7 pounds! I got my first 5 pound award! I know I won't lose that much again, but at least I am off to a good start.

I have been writing down everything I eat and I believe that is key because as soon as I stop writing it down, that's when I gain my weight back. I may have to track for the rest of my life, but that's better than early heart problems, etc. My dad had a heart attack at 46 and didn't even know it until he had a routine stress test. Then they found blockage and he had a heart by-pass at 47. I do not want that to happen to me! I am going to conquer this weight. I have to do or else I will have lifelong problems. I am only 31 and already I am taking blood pressure medicine, but my doctor feels confident I can get off of that if I lose weight. I went to the doctor today and he even said I would be able to safely have another child if I want after I lose weight. I am undecided about whether I want another one, but I really do think R.J. would like a sibling. At least now I know I have the option if I do indeed lose all this weight and get healthy.

I hope you all had a good Monday. This weekend went by too fast! How much longer until Thanksgiving break???? We get a week off so I am looking forward to that!

Talk to you all tomorrow.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Well I learned a lesson today. A three year old can ride his trike 2 miles BUT he will be crying by the end of the ride. When I got home I decided to try to put both boys in the stroller. What do you know? They both fit side by side. I don't want to buy a double stroller cause my oldest is almost 4 and I don't know how long I would get to use it. But I also don't want to give up my walks. So hopefully this will work for now. And let me tell ya I could feel the extra weight in the stroller on my backside. They only weigh 28 and 15 pounds.
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #141  
KAR

Evening All,
Sounds like everyone is off to a good start for the week. I was able to sneak in a visit to Curves this evening. The first time in over a month. But boy oh boy am I feeling it now. I am a little sore in my muscles. I didn't think I had stopped using those muscles, but I guess I did.
Pam, good luck at your Teacher of the Year award tomorrow evening. Glad to hear that your scale budged this morning. I hope it continues to do that for you. So have you gotten back in the habit of walking again?
Trob, congrats on your weight loss. That is fantastic! Sorry to hear about your hike not happening yesterday. What kind of pictures did you deliever this time? I have several of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds tapes/dvd's. They are really good for cardio and toning up your muscles. I have been able to buy all of mine at Wal-mart. They are cheap too. Only $9.99 to 14.99.
Angela, glad that you got your walk in this evening. Sorry to hear that your oldest was crying by the end of his 2 mile trike ride. That is a clever way to get your walk in by putting them both in the stroller. I hope that will work for a while for you. I bet your backside will shape up real quick.
Melody, congrats on the 7 pound weight loss. Keep up the good work! Have you started your walking videos yet? I know that when I would be down what I ate on my *********** account,that really helped me eat better and lose the weight. I think I might have to go back to that.
Ginny, sorry to hear that you now have the dread cold. Hope you are feeling better this evening. Healing thoughts and hugs are being sent your way through cyberspace. So what did the child do on the bus to get written up? Hope you have a better bus ride tomorrow.
Mouse, Casey, and Robyn hope you had a wonderful Monday.
Have a great Tuesday everyone!
I am planning on having one if the scales are down at TOPS. LOL
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #142  
burned out bus driver

Angela- I did the 2 kids in one stroller thing for awhile when my Ds and Dd were little. Works like a charm as long as the youngest is not too big. Hey you got a walk in!!!!!!Great!

Kerry- may the good scale fairy be with you tonite. So glad you got to Curves!!!!! I hope you are not too sore today.

Pam- ok, ok you took a shower........you stink 'cause we lost track of you! Welcome back. I missed you. COngrats on the scale budging. Any loss is a good one.

Melody- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! WW is SO empowering. You are right a 7# loss will most likely never be again, but is so great. And you feel great too, I bet! Yup, you are most likely going to have to track and attend meetings "till death do us part" but they are fun, upbeat and who cares as long as the weight stays off!~

Trob- sorry that your Monday went so slowly........hopefully today will be easier to get thru.

Casey- how is the change in schedule going?

Mouse???? How are you feeling?
Robyn.......post when you can. I miss you!

So I wrote the student up for pinching a new student hard. The new student SCREAMED- and I had two impartial witnesses to the incident. So I sort of had to do it. HOWEVER, the screamer is the same brat I had trouble with last week and from watching him for 3 weeks I feel he is an instigator and manipulative. So this am I gave the little guy a pep talk, praised him for being honest about the incident (he admitted the event to me) and told him that he had to be a "big man" and show others how a good kid behaves. (he is young but capable) Mr Manipulator- who has beaten up his brother right behind me (and then feigns adoration for the brother when I express horror over his beating him)- who also has told me that I am mean......throws his back pack over the seat and I have seen tries to hide do anything contrary to my instruction........well Mr Manipulator, MM for short, is going to sit right behind me in row 1 with two kindergarten girls. ( I feel sorry for them)
He ain't lived till he has seen me with a bug up my backside for him..........
He and the idiot who opened my bus back door (while rolling, BTW) will have to go a LONG way before I forget either incident. It is far too early in the school year for this kind of junk.

Sorry for bellyachin. Gotta go.
Have a good one.
Ginny
Old 09-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

ginny- i do not know how bus drivers do it. when i taught kdg. just the few field trip rides i had to make on the bus stressed me out beyond belief. so you know what, you can bellyache anytime you want!! (love the scale fairy...i am going to have to use that one)

kerry- i hope the scales are good to you tonight!! mine are yo-yoing up and down by about 3 pounds right now and it is driving me crazy.

anglea- great idea putting them both in the same stroller. my kids are four years apart too but the would have never sat that close to each other. now they are 14 and 10 and walk with me all the time and it is a great way for us to stay connected. we talk about EVERYTHING on our little walks.

melody- how are you doing with ww and keeping up with your points? i did great today until our faculty meeting. each place had a candy bar and lifesavers. i could have resisted, i should have resisted....but i didn't. oh well, tomorrow is another day.

pam- glad that the scale fairy (stole that from ginny) was good to you this morning. i think that she is mad at me becasue she keeps giving and taking the same 3 pounds.

hope everyone has a great tuesday night and wonderful wednesday!!
trob
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #144  

Hi everyone. I hope you had a good day.

Trob, I am doing fine with points so far. I really want to be in the 230's by my next weigh in. I would be so happy if I could lose 2 pounds this week and be at 238. It would be the first time I hit the 230's since before R.J. was born and he is almost 5.

Ginny, I bet you can't wait to unload that bus every day. I don't know if I could stand to be trapped in that bus with those kids!

Pam, what happened with the Teacher of the Year annoncement?

Angela, I hope your next walk is better. Have you thought of getting a wagon when the baby is a little older? I sometimes pull R.J. in his wagon and he likes that.

Kerry, I hope you had a good TOPS meeting. Glad you got to go to Curves. I am thinking of giving Curves a try, but probably not for another month or so.

Last edited by MelodyAM75; 09-26-2006 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #145  
burned out bus driver

So now you will all know that I am really insane........I love these kids.
They know it, their parents know it. As a matter of fact, the little guy I had to write up- well I saw his mother (who was picking him up for a lesson today)- I ran up to her at school while she was waiting for him- hoping that she would understand my dillemma. She (with a huge smile on her face)- told me that she was going to call me to tell me that she was never going to allow him to ride with me again (totally joking, of course) but then she said that she knew I might possibly take it seriously and she could not do that to me......teachers get a new class every year.......I have driven the same bunch for 4 years. You do get attached to them, even the creeps. Yes I am insane.

good luck tonite, Kerry!!!!! Melody and Trob, hope your days ended up well.
Nite!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #146  
Swimming Mouse

Good evening, all.
I didn't come by yesterday because it was really a challenging day. My ED kiddo is not happy with the loss of his privileges, and took it out on me all day yesterday. We also had several incidents of slapping or smacking our friends in class, work refusal and plenty of staring at the ceiling. We finished with some crying at the end of the day. The results of yesterday have 2 of my kids starting on point sheets tomorrow.
Today was difficult as well, but for a different reason. Our school is participating in a group called Rachel's Challenge (http://www.rachelschallenge.com/). The program is named for a girl who died during the Columbine shootings. They have a speaker's bureau and talk about Rachel, her life, and how to prevent what happened at Columbine from happening elsewhere. I'm not into sentimental things, especially in public... I may well be the only person who didn't cry at the ending of ET. I was in tears during this presentation. We did classroom based activities when the presentation was over, which I adapted for my students.
My ED kiddo kept it together during the assembly (probably because I was sitting right next to him!), but lost it after we got back to the room. He told our TA when he walked him to his next class that he wasn't ever talking to me again because I hated him and didn't care about him. I'd told him that I just didn't understand how he could come back from that assesmbly and act the way he had in class. And that I didn't know what to say to him right then. Then, I turned around and went back to the class and left him there.
But, the teacher from his ED program gave him the same message... with the hope that it might sink in eventually.
We didn't get to go on CBI because our bus never showed up. We finished with a really awesome math lesson on place value and lining up numbers. I made it hands on/movement by printing off number cards 0-10, and then cards for Hundreds/Tens/Ones, and getting the kids up and lining themselves up or moving around to figure out their numbers... Then we used Powerpoint to make a number all the different ways we could think of, etc, etc, etc.
It was really nice. I got a good picture of one of the groups doing it too.
I hope tomorrow goes more smoothly...

Melody: Congrats on the scale!!!
Pam: Yes, the end of August... it was really minor, out-patient surgery related to my endocrine disorder. But, I was apparently really allergic to something they gave me while at the hospital. I wound up in the ER less than 48 hours after the procedure, and a week later, developed vasculitis. That's when you bleed under the skin from the capillaries... it can be caused by a bunch of things, including some real serious. They did lots of blood work, but turned up nothing, so they think it was a systemic reaction to something at the hospital. I was having real trouble eating for weeks... I really just started eating again this week. I can't swim until all the scabs/bumps from the vasculitis is gone, because they'll come off in the water. Its driving me nuts, and could be another 3-4 weeks before I can swim... Mostly because my shoes and socks keep rubbing off the scabs! I look like I was attacked by millions of hungry mosquitos!
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #147  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Yeah the scale fairy was my friend this evening. I got on the scales for it to read 218.25 so I am down 2 pounds from last week. Yes. If I keep this up I may just be under 200 pounds by Christmas time. I had an okay day at school. My class and my afterschool class were very chatty and wanted to horseplay today. So I was a little stressed by the time I left school. I went home put on some workout clothes and then headed to the lake for a quick stroll. I was able to go around the lake and the island in 35 minutes. It usually takes my 40 to 45 minutes. So that was a good brisk walk I had. I then headed to TOPS. I felt refreshed and relaxed there tonight. The first time in a long time.
Melody, you can try Curves for free for a week. They give you a free week membership to see if you like it. I was going to go again tomorrow night after work. But remembered my sdd has another volleyball game this time at 6:45. I will be getting off work at either 5:30 or 6 so that doesn't give me enough time. I might just try to sneak a walk in after her game. I think you would really like it. There is a thread on the excerise fourm about Curves. I haven't been on it for awhile. Glad you are staying within your points for the day.
Mouse, sorry to hear that you had a really rough day yesterday with your kids. Hope tomorrow is better for you. Sounds like you really have your hands full with your students this year. Your math lesson sounds like it was a fun exciting learning time for your kids. I bet they enjoyed doing the hands on and movement part of it while learning at the same time. Is your sores healing any? I know how bad you are missing your swimming time.
Trob, I know what you mean about the same three pounds coming and going. I was like that for the last month or so. I hope that I have broke out of the rut and will continue to lose. That is awesome that your kids enjoy to go on walks with you. My stepkids will go on walks with me every once in awhile. I enjoy those times with them. I am hoping that they continue to do that when they are older. Having the candy bar at your staff meeting couldn't be that bad. You will get right back on track tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up over it.
Angela, so have you tried the stroller for your walk this evening? Have you solved the case of your class being so chatty and the back talker? If so, please share your tips with me. I have to break my students of those habits.
Ginny, I am in the same boat you are with your bus riders. I have my students for 2 up to 4 years in a row. So I get really attached to them and am very close to them and their parents. I am glad that the mom was able to joke about the situation with you. Sounds like you have the support of many of your parents. Hope you were able to relax after your insane bus route. I think there must be something in the air that kids all over the US are acting weird this week. No full moon until the 7th of Oct. So it can't be that.
Casey hope you are adjusting to your schedule change. Just think of all the good you will do for that little guy by justing being there to work with him. Hope you are getting back into a normal routine after your weekend away.
Pam, so how did your teacher of the year awards program go tonight? Hope your scale is still being nice to you. LOL
Robyn, hope all is going well with you. Come back and chat with us when you can.
Well I must go and get ready for tomorrow. Then I am going to go and read a few pages before bed. I went to the library and got a couple new books. Started one last night called Something Borrowed. Only was able to read the first 6 pages, but so far it appears to be a good book. I only get to read right before bed during the school year. If I don't read a few pages a night before going to bed, for some reason I don't sleep as well.
Have a great Wednesday! Chat with you all tomorrow.
Good Night,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #148  

Went on my walk today. The boys did great! But Man am I sore today. Tomorrow is a rest day cause I have church.
My chatty back talker has an even bigger problem - he doesn't listen. He went home and told his mother that I wanted to send him to special ed. She got upset and sent me a note saying she did not want him there. What I told him was I was signing him up for in school tutoring which we provide due to the standardized testing. I had already talked to her about it before the school year began. I had also tried to call her several times last week about his behavior and couldn't reach her. She gave me 2 cell numbers, neither of which were on. I left messages on both and of course she never called back. I would hate to have to find her if he was hurt or something.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #149  

Good Morning Everyone!

The scale says 239 this morning! I checked it 3 times to make sure it was right. I am finally out of the 240's and I am hoping to not see the 240's again.

I hope you all have a good day. On Wednesdays our kid go home at 1pm (it's called Early Release Day). Teachers stay until 3pm though so we can have meetings, etc. I like Wednesdays since the day goes by so fast! The weekend is coming!

Talk to you all later.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #150  

Yay Melody!!!!!!!!

Early release every Wednesday? How nice! How long is your day the rest of the week to make up those minutes?