sweet potato soup
1 serv, each strawberries and cherries

water: 8 glasses
calories: 1345
exercise: 45 min. step video
30 min. upper body weights
Old 06-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #62  
deleted2

Arabella, if you're having lower body issues, could you possibly fill in with some upper body weights--if that's appealing?

Happy belated birthday, Ceara! Thanks for incarnating into this old vale of tears!

I'm wondering about our Amarantha too. Last we heard her friend 'Old Dog' was having some doggie dental problems?

Cowpernia, an Odwalla bar is a whole food bar that you can find mostly in health food stores. They come in lots of yummy flavors and some of them don't even contain sugar.

Today's special for me. It's mine and Garry's 20th wedding anniversary. That so blows my mind. I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that I've been on the planet for 20 years, let alone married for that long! Anyway, I'm profoundly grateful and I remember that day like it was yesterday. We were such babies!
We've treated ourselves to a king-size bed for the occasion and we can't afford it but oh well! We've had it for a week and it's so nice. We and the 2 big dogs sleep very comfortably!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:42 AM   #63  

Hello all!

Evidently the universe thought it was profoundly funny that It hought I could just snap my fingers and schedule myself here in the evenings.....

The last couple of evenings have been non stop!!

But... food has been still OK.... not tremendous but not awful....

AND....fun news for me is that I've decided to spend 1st week of Aug visiting my parents..... And DS daughter will visit here in two weekends so all of a sudden, social calendar is filling up.

I am recomitting to water and posting here everyday....

Thought of the day :

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."
George Herman ( Babe Ruth)

Question of the day :

"Would you consider yourself a "picky eater"?

Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:57 AM   #64  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

A new day dawns....cloudy. We got rain but not a great amount. Will toss around a bit of water later.

Didn't do the whole block yesterday....the water heater sprang (that looks funny ), sprung, springed (take your pick, don't matter to me) a leak yesterday...thank goodness DH was right down here and turned off the water....so I will aim for that today. Met all goals yesterday....caloric intake was higher than I like but there seemed to be some issues there....I wish I could get into my own head....I should not have been hungry...more likely bored. Anyway, nothing horrid, just too much....

Will be much better today

WTG wsw....7 days....you are flyin'! I wonder if Anagram got evacuated...there is a lot of flooding in her neck of the woods....

to all!

Talk about simulposting! Geesh! Yes I'm a picky eater...I pick everything! That's why I am like I am! All food is good! Except bugs and stuff like that.....

Last edited by ceara; 06-29-2006 at 07:02 AM.
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #65  

Wonderful! on the 20 year anniversary, Eydie. Computer problems seem to have left as they came - unexplained.

No not flooding personally - had a few gallons in the basement but nothing to what others are having. Boil water advisory is a royal pain though. things generally a bit messed up with flooded roads, cancellations. Rained again last night but not what we'd been being deluged with.

Princess Ten here Sun-Wed. Had a ball with her even with the raindrops. She and family will be back for the weekend, I hear, unless boil water thing is still on.

i've been meeting my one goal - having 64-80 oz of fluid. A little tough as a lot of mine is usually tap water. Of course I have bottled water but it's less "spontaneous" as is tea.

Good thing I had no other goals firmly set - I'd be failing abysmally.

Lunching w/friend today - plan to go to afternoon session of pool. No real exercise with the princess here but busy constantly. Off to do minimal laundry, get place in sort-of order. To rain again this afternoon
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:27 AM   #66  

Picky eater? Well, I don't think so but that's because I'm comparing me to late DH and to DD who certainly ranked among the most picky. I do have some limits.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #67  
the sword bearer

Forgot the synopsis for yesterday. And partly today...did the whole block, and had an orange and fresh peas from the garden for breakfast...I was weeding....

Tally:
1. water ***
2. Road walk ****
3. No food after 7 pm. ***
4. 2 glasses of wine/week.
5. multivitamin ****

Glad to see you are not floating on the water Anagram....or evacuated...those pictures on the news last night were horrifying.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #68  
loves kleenex box art

A tad discouraged today as I ate well EXCEPT I didn't follow my own rules and I late. I ate healthful things (Boar's Head turkey and whole grain bread) butttt it's on my buttt today.

Good luck on that pulled butt muscle, Arabella. That's given me something to think about. Personally my feet hurt a lot because I stand all day. Will losing weight help that, you think?

4/1/1
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #69  
wsw

happy 20th anniversary, eydie!!!
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #70  

Hello all!

Well, the good news is I did very well w/ food so far today.
The not so good news is that tomorrow is a suprise shower for the boss and all are bringing in food from breakfast, snack, lunch etc.....but we'll see. I am bringing a vegetable tray and plan on bring stuff for me to safely eat and not feel I'm missing too much. Some nice spicy hummus to go w/ the veg tray and lots of fruit..... in fact, I would rather not set myself on a sugar weekend so I am going to ask all of you to send lots of good vibes so I can avoid the cake,etc.

Cowpernia...I can attest that yes, your feet will reward you for losing some weight. At my heaviest, it was hard to find shoes that I could wear all day.
At only about 50 lbs over, I ALWAYS wore a wide shoe. Just yesterday, I was able to buy an entire size smaller. At the regular width.
Yes, your feet will be so grateful! And won't swell so much either.

Woods Nymph....sorry, just can't help myself..... pain in the butt?
Ok. I'll stop....

Eydie, you are an inspiration! Thanks for posting your food journal!

Anagram-- watch out for hail tonight!

Ceara-- Garden is growing but we need sun to ripen!

Wsw-- I know it must be hot where you are, and don't think its cooler here....its so humid even my dogs are sleeping on the bathroom floor trying to find a cool spot.

Empress? Oh Empress..... Calling the Empress to the Summer Palace please....

And while we're at it, Calling the Frogger.....Calling the Frogger....

Wildfire? can you hear me even though I might sound muffled when you're underwater?

Who am I missing? Don't we have another new Royal?

Let's do this!

Friday's Thought of the day:

"Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we already are and become it."

Steven Pressfield, American author, born 1943

Question of the day :

"Name your favorite food."

Anyone for some a some iced peppermint tea?
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #71  
wsw

ended up at the high end of my cal. allowance, which was ok in actual fact, but i'm definitely still feeling like i'm on shakey ground! did complete day 8 as planned, fortunately, though!! i went grocery shopping this afternoon, and got some nice fresh veggies and fruits to help keep me on the wagon, and hopefully away from all my recent chocolate thoughts. kaylets, i sympathize with your doggies looking for cool places. the humidity/heat here are just wearing me out to no end. tomorrow morning, i'm meeting a friend (whose personality can be somewhat challenging at times) for breakfast, and have planned out what i will have to eat, so i can't use that as an excuse to blow my day op. well, cowpernia, puney, katrinabgood, amarantha, wildfire, anagram, ceara, arabella, frogger, and all royals, mentioned or -un, have a pleasant evening. take care.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #72  
Hot Stuff

I've kinda lost track of where I am. Doing okay on the water, so-so on the breakfast, overdid on the weekend and missed a couple of days of exercise. I'm calling it, and starting over.

Happy belated birthday, ceara!

Happy 20th anniversary, Eydie! Hard to believe is right, you're just a spring chicken still!

Anagram, glad the floods missed you. DH has family in Wilkes-Barre and Kingston and it has been pretty tense for the last few days. His aunt left her house to stay with her daughter, transporting an aging dog and two cats with her. I think she's escaped any damage, though.

QOD: CHOCOLATE!!! Followed closely by popcorn.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #73  
Empress/Queen

Yo, lies ... seems I heard my name wafted 'bout on the breeze hither 'n yon and followed the sound 'n here ye all are doin' a 21-day challenge at the Palace!! Huzzah!!!

I be not tryin' to stay away from ye, sweeties, it's just that it's so hard to get in here from my computer ... the site doesn't like me ... karma, I guess! And now that I've let my subscription run out, it takes even longer as it's started puttin' up scads o' popups ... have 'em blocked now, so that'll help.

It's hard for me to respond to all the great posties here as I can't scroll through very quickly and you queens have been talkin' up a storm ... what great enthusiasm ... except Arabella, sorry 'bout your pulled muscle ... and did I see some have been havin' plumbin' problems ... me too ... I fixed it myself but will need to move or somethin' someday!

Also havin' some personal problems ... and, as E mentioned up above, Old Dog had to have dental surgery and it upset me ... but she did extremely well with it and is recoverin' nicely. My finances will never recover, though ...

Huzzah 'n greetin's to all royals on this thread, mentioned or un ... and a hi to those I have not met or conversed with before.

Re a 21-day challenge, I'm really not countin' the days but am embarked on a 2-Times-Per-Day Exercise Challenge, journaling it in a diet land far far away that I can get into more easily but am with ye in spirit on the challenge here ... previously I did week after week of every day exercise but have ramped it to two a day ... any intensity, any exercise. I am using four elements (havin' chucked the gym and the personal trainer, although she's still a friend): powerwalking with the Heavyhands weights, weights (various rotations), recumbent bike, and Pilates, which is more and more consuming my spirit.

E, I am glad you are journalin' your food as I love readin' your menus.

I WILL BE BACK! Just checkin' in ... the popups appear to have quieted on this visit so maybe things will improve.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:59 AM   #74  
a work in progress...

Default Let's try this again...

...til we get it right!

Yes, it's Day One again for me. Nothing too bad put me back at square one, but I wasn't totally compliant with what I had committed to. Time to re-group and start again.

I had my first weigh in last night, with a dismal loss of 1.8! Yes, it was a loss, so that's a good thing, but jeez.... Looking to make all kinds of excuses, (including the one where the weigh in gal said that I shouldn't have worked out prior to weighing in, that may have affected my numbers) but then I realized that, no, I will just accept my loss happily and move forward. Kind of keeping in line with Kaylets' Thought of the Day: "The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know." Here, here!

I had started out the week, as I usually do, all gung ho and eager beaver. That starts to dissipate as the week wears on, so then what I usually do is chalk up the entire week as a bust if it was not 100% perfecto.

But, NAY! Not this time. I actually thought things through and realized that I had exercised 4 days in the past week. No, it wasn't what I had committed to, but it sure was more than I had done the week before! My food choices were, for the most part, great, but then I focus on the nibbles here and there that certainly don't help, but didn't actually hurt either.

Conclusion? Time for an attitude adjustment! I must learn to accentuate the positive, as they say! I have made changes for the good. Gotta keep moving forward and not dwell on any blunders.

Could I get any more cliches in this post?

SO, with all that in mind, I will tweak my 21 day commitment a bit. I will scale down my expectations, knowing that I can always over-achieve if I'm feelin' frisky!

Here goes...21 Day Challenge v.2
1. Follow WW Core. (I'm really getting it now!)
2. Exercise: At least 4 days/week, shooting for something, anything daily.
3. Water: 64 oz daily, shooting for that gallon.
4. Check in here as often as possible. Just can't get here everyday, as much as I'd like to.

That's it.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? Dh and I have a golf date on Sunday. He plays regularly, I do not. Should be interesting. I'll get most of my exercise, chasing my wayward balls! (um, that sounded dirty!) Monday is my birthday...my 49th birthday. ouch. Nothing planned yet, but I do want to go see some fireworks. Wouldn't be my birthday without 'em!

Speaking of, Happy Belated Birthday to you, Ceara! I'm quite impressed with the freezing of the cake. You're a stronger woman than I am!

wsw: You're really hanging in there and not giving in to the frustration of that plateau. Your determination is going to pay off big time. Hang in there!

Arabella, your words about your dream about life passing you by could have been written, word for word by me. I tend to dwell on the what could have beens instead of rejoicing for what I have and planning for what can be. Lots o' work needed here too. Hope the butt's feeling better, by the way!

Eydie: Happy Anniversary! Enjoy that bed! Perfect gift to each other, I'd say!

Anagram: Are you in a flooded area? Sending "dry out quickly" thoughts your way. Yesterday morning on the news, I saw a report about another flooded out town, when I realized the one they were showing is right where my son's camp is! :O They are high and dry (well, damp) where they are, being up on the mountain and all, but seeing it on TV was a bit freaky.

Cowpernia: I would say do the entire 21 days,even if you lose the 5 lbs. The idea is that it takes at least 21 days to incorporate new habits, so just keep reinforcing whatever you're doing to get those lbs off!

Kaylets: re: QOD---Ice cream!

Puney:
I have a coffee jones too. Working nights you simply have to. So, I drink water AND coffee! And go the the bathroom a LOT!

Wildfire: I hope the family made out okay. Lots of news footage on Wilkes Barre. My god, what a mess. Sending those dry out quickly thoughts to your family too!

Amarantha! I look forward to seeing you more often!

I think that's everyone...any exclusions are purely unintentional. May you all have a happy, successful day!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-30-2006 at 07:08 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 AM   #75  
the sword bearer

Another day under the belt....hang on there wsw...I'm hot on your trail! Four down, onto the fifth!

Tally:
1. water ****
2. Road walk ****
3. No food after 7 pm. ****
4. 2 glasses of wine/week.
5. multivitamin ****

As terrible as this sounds for you easterners...I had to water some of the flower beds last night. As usual, our peerless weather forecasters were wrong and we did not get any rain yesterday pm. Makes me nervous when they forecast sun! Have the hose onto the pool right now and am consuming a Need to walk and then do the brekkie with the parentals. Maybe some shopping and then, if the grass is dry I will cut some. I am quite enjoying the morning walks finally....the mosquitoes don't bother you unless you stop!

QOD fresh baked bread with butter...the heel preferably.

Was great to see you Wildfire and Amarantha. Your post was wonderful Kat...think I'll read it again. Congrats on the loss....a loss is a loss...that is almost 2 lbs...which is healthy they say for a week...I know we all want it gone yesterday but realistically that isn't going to happen. I keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race.... Where's Arabella of the sore behind? How'd your weigh-in go? EOM for you too...that's likely it.

to all s ...gotta boogey...and find some socks the gravel calls.... but