Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/174/155

Default new to 3fc

Hey everyone, I just joined this site today after sitting here all day feeling sorry for myself as I eat anything I can get my hands on and watch tv!! I think to myself..."whats wrong with me?" I am so unhappy with myself, but I lack any motivation to change it. I stumbled onto this website. Yeah!! I hope that this will be what I need to get my butt moving again. My motivation to loose the baby weight after my first two was my friends. Now I live in a different state though. Away from all those friends, so now I am looking to meet new friends to share in this journey with me. I have been reading your guys thread tonight, and what a great group of ladies! I hope you guys will let me join in, and kick me in the butt!!! lol
Old 05-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #17  
Ginny

Wow, good evening ladies,

Welcome to Mari, Sunny, June and anybody else I missed. Glad to have you join us, looking forward to getting to know you.

Michelle, I'm sorry if I don't do personals all the time, but I am lucky if I get all the posts read and remember some of it to respond to. Sometimes I take notes of certain things I want to remark on, but most of the time I read thru them so fast by the time I get to the end, *we are a chatty group here*, I've forgotten most of what I read or what I wanted to say. When work settles down a bit I'll try to do better. But stick with us. I know I don't want you to leave. I enjoy hearing from you. Also, I usually try to answer any guestions I"m asked even if I don't remember who asked them.

Like my son Josh's wedding is Aug. 12th. Josh and Nikky his fiance' spent most of the afternoon at work with us today. Josh helped out the guys loading orders etc, and Nikky, her mom and I did some wedding talking between customers. We are also trying to help her make some decisions about other things in her life. They went to see the minister that is going to marry them. He gave them a bunch of papers to read etc. which is good, but he also gave them a paper concerning their finances to fill out. Now I think that is going to far, and I told them not to take it back. Their finances are none of his business, they won't be going to his church so he doesn't need to start begging for money already and what they do with their money is none of his concern. Honestly I couldn't believe that.

It was cold all day, north wind made it feel even colder than the 49 it was. It just doesn't seem like May. At least it didnt' rain today.

I am glad some of the rest of you are uneven also. I am glad I am not the only one. Makes me feel better.

I am going to go put my jammies on and ride my bike for my 5 miles before I turn in.

We had supper at my ds#1's this evening. It was good.

Will see you all in the morning.

Good night

Ginny
Old 05-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Welcome Sunny!!!! yay ......glad you joined us!

I will chat more in the morning, I just wanted to say hi. The girls had Panda Express. I had a dish of brown rice with carrots/chicken at my mothers. It was really good, mothers cooking is the best.

Had a counseling with the girls and Rach was rather amazing. She seems to get it about not continuing her friendship with the girl across the yard. We listened to country music all the way home and I am afraid she sounded the most mature in our family.....her dad was in counseling too.

Anway, we are going to look at the Oregon City tomorrow to look at the high school. My mom says it isn't the old one I am thinking of....I guess that dates me.....it isn't a one room school house anymore...lol

better get!! You all have a good night!! 2 days until weigh in!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #19  
2006 Resolution in Action

S/C/G: 252/188/150

Default New Reading

Hi Everyone

Jules: I just finished reading The Notebook" Loved it!!!! and I am reading again for the second time" Angry Housewives eating Bon Bons" and also P.S. I love you. Both great reads!!!

Ginny: Ok I will not complain about our 60 degrees today!! I guess we were having warm weather then!!!!

Michelle: I hope you are feeling better, I hope you stay here so I get to know you!!!!

idontwant2bfat: I am glad you found us and I hope to get to know you! Most of my friends are so into their single lives that I have lost almost all of them!!! They don't understand that my family comes first and that I can get a babysitter ever weekend!!!! I love spending time with them and they think that is WEIRD! Anyway, welcome!
You all sound so great and I have only been here for two days but you all make a difference in my life. My husband asks me how come I am so happy and I told him I have friends to talk to who understand how things are going! You guys are great! Mushy hug time NOW! :
Old 05-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #20  
RosieKate

I've been reading the threads on and off today and just now had some time to post...

Michelle - It's been said several times, but I'll say it, too - I don't want you to go. I know I get busy and don't have time to address as many individuals as I would like, but I do think of you all and truly do feel we are all in this together even when we can't read or post as mch as we would like.

Ginny- your post about your son and DD struck me and I'd like to share something about me that may help understand where the pastor was coming from. Granted, I was not there and indeed he may be looking for congregants. When DH and I were planning our wedding, we were offered financial counseling as part of the pastoral care offered with weddings. We turned it down, thinking it was too much and none of his business. Fast forward 5 or 6 years and the first major snag in our marriage came from fighting over money. I thought then and still do every so often, that we should have swallowed our pride and accepted the counseling; it could have saved us a whole lot of grief and marriage counseling. Again, sorry for butting in, but I just wanted you to know what we went through as it may give you another way to look at it.

Susan- what great news about Rachel...sounds like she's getting back on track. Hope you can get moved to Oregon City....you can drop in on Michelle and her AC in the middle of August, lol!

I enjoy seeing so many new people here! I hope to get to more individuals in the coming days....until then everyone have a nice evening!

Old 05-19-2006, 11:39 PM   #21  
kitty Momo

Katy - Hey. I was going to say the same thing about the marriage counseling and all the questions the pastor wanted answered. If it wasn't meant for billing purposes it was probably to get their idea on how they handle money. My first husband & I didn't agree on how to spend money. We didn't really argue about it we just grew apart.
I do feel good about Rachel. She is carrying herself with some peace now, I can tell that and when she explained what she learned in treatment I started to get teary eyed......some of that really did sink in. Her & Gaby are watching a movie, they get along so well - Gaby adores her. We'll see about Oregon City......it will be going home if we did move there since I grew up in Beavercreek.

Mari - Thanks for some titles!! I need to get back to reading , might go stroll through the library tomorrow and see if any of those books you mention are there. Mushy HUG back and I am glad you have a home here at 3fc!!!

I forget....who reads while walking on the treadmill??? lol It would be like reading in the car ,,,,,motion sickness.....whoever it was - you are talented!! lol

Ginny - Our weather finally cooled today,soooo glad. An August 12th wedding sounds so nice. How did Josh & Nikky meet?? They sound like a cute couple.

Shawna - yum on kashi waffles....I guess I will have to make a trip to Wally world......hope your family has a good weekend!!

Welcome again Sunny! Hi to Bep, Michelle, Deb, June C, Jules, Kathy and Cristi and if I missed someone........yikes!! sorry.....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-19-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:25 AM   #22  
ugggg.....

Good Morning!!

Sunny: Welcome!!! Wow, with 3 of your own and then 3 steps added in you must have a full house. You & Ginny will have to chat--she may give you some pointers-she has 5 boys and you both live in MI,
(hey do you have any clue where Jimmy Hoffa is buried?? J/K!!)

Ginny: DH and I listen to a local Chrisitian radio station in the morning while getting ready and driving the half an hour to work. There is a whole segment on money management and the guys advice to any soon-to-be-married couples is to get financial counseling early so you don't end up needing debt counseling later and they have all kinds of programs for pastors and church members to teach these principles. I always thought that I would leave my husband when the kids left--but our major arguments were and still are to a much lesser degree (1) differences of opinion when it came to the kids (he still says that I put them before him(and myself) and I will admit that I do--they just don't need me as much anymore so the problem is mostly solved) and (2) MONEY- I am a spender and he is a saver and I did probably spend too much on the kids over the years...we are on a tight budget right now trying to get everything paid off so that he can quit his job and start a business.

Mari--Mushy hug back at you!! My hubby asked how we could have so much to go back and forth about losing weight--I told him it is so much more than just that. It's a support system that I haven't had for a long time.

SuzyQ--I always said that either DD or DS can act up at a time--it's too stressful when they all both are doing things that make me crazy!! Maybe the change in Rach will have a positive effect on Beck..

I am going to go get me a cup of coffee!!
Good Morning All!!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:00 AM   #23  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,

Thank you for all the different perspectives on the financial counceling, if that is what it is.. he turned the kids off when he started talking because he is very chauvenistic. He asked who handles their money, they said they both did, they do it together, he asked who was more dominant men or women, both said women.. he says oh no, men should be dominant. Anyway, they met in high school. Actually they were in grade school together for a few years but didn't even realize it. Then in 9th grade they started to like each other, hung around in the same group of friends and by the end of the year they were going together. Which went into going steady and now they are getting married. They have lived together now for over a year and they are doing very well with their finances, little that they have. Nikky is a very good money manager, she hates to spend money, she tries to make as much as she can or do things less expensively. Josh isn't really a spender either. He seems to need very little to be happy. He is a lot like his father. Anyway the way the minister came across was not very helpful. Neither of the kids go to his church, they just are getting married there because she don't have a church and Josh doesn't like our priest and our church is to rigid for them.

The sun is shining already, it is suppose to be nice today before it rains again tonight. Our high is going to be 65-68.. so you gals who are complaining about heat... if you don't want it send it my way. Business is still going steady, today should be busy again. Up to Memorial day it is hectic, then it settles down to a slower pace. Weather plays a major role.

Michelle
I hope you decide to stay with us. I don't really do personals all that much, (1) because as I said last time, I ususlly forget who said what, and (2) I mainly just talk to everybody and hope everybody will join in and give me their perspective. I feel like we are all one big family. As I get to know each of you better perhaps I'll do more one on one posting. But if we really want one on one we can pm to whoever. Don't feel left out if you aren't name specifically, remember we are all getting up in age around here.. sorry girls but it's true, and some of us don't have the great memories anymore...

I am having my dgd Jade over tonight, I have missed her company. The other day she was over briefly with the rest of the family and when she had to leave after only a very short visit the look on her face tore me apart. She wanted to spend more time with us.. so I have to have her over. She is 5. Susan to bad you live so far away, or Katy and Leigh too, you could come over and we could all bake cookies together or something.. Jade loves to do that. I take her to a special Princess Tea once a year at a local restaurant. It's our time out.. I want to be able to take Jasmine to when she gets old enough, they are for girls 4-8 but I don't know how long they'll be having them. It's put on by a place called Ettissentials, its a real tea party, they inform the girls the proper ettiquette for eating out. The girls get all dressed up and a real Princess joins us and after the tea, she reads them a story and they get to have their picture taken with her. We've met Cinderella, Belle, and this year it's going to be Ariel. She loves it and I enjoy watching her have such fun.

Susan, I am glad to hear Rachel is doing better. Sounds like she did make good use of her time away at counceling. I hope it continues, And like someone else said, hope she shares what she learned with Becky.

Ok. well I guess I'll go do some household chores till its time for work. Have a great day all. I'll check back in tomorrow. Mushy hugs to everybody

Ginny
Old 05-20-2006, 08:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 212/203/170

Good Morning All....looks to be another hot day here in MO. I had my furnace on in the first part of the week and by yesterday it was in the 90's. UGHHH

Thanks to all who liked my name-LOL I really am a June Cleaver wannabe--wish I was that perky pleasant wife who always met her hubby at the door with a smile on her face and a hot meal on the table and a immaculate house. In reality....I sooo far from her!

JULES--I haven't measured yet. I know i need to, just haven't. I'm starting to fall into that 'ohhh, maybe I should just try the diet pill thing again' and I KNOW that isn't right...I know it. But, I'm getting desperate. I think that is why I came here....to get some sane advice and a good kick in the butt for thoughts like that.

Dahlia--WOW, that preacher would have irritated me too. Very Chauvenistic indeed.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #25  

Good morning ladies!! The sun is shining in Michigan. YEAH!!! It has been awhile since that has happened. SO happy. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it. My husband just walked by, and said "what are you doing now?" I said..."these are my new friends!" he just rolled his eyes. lol I feel bad, he has listened to me for months complain about not being able to kick myself in the butt and loose this weight. I am going to try really hard not to unload on him anymore. Dont get me wrong he is really supportive, but I know it has to be exhausting for him to. So I was going to wait to start on Monday, but since I joined here I decided I might as well just start today! Do any of you use fitday.com? I am going to use that to count calories.
Susan- Thanks for the invite and the welcome, anyone who is a Napoleon dynamite fan is alright in my book. lol My husband and I love that movie!! I am originaly from Idaho very near Preston! So I knew lots of Napolean's

Dahlia- Thanks for the welcome and congrats on your sons upcoming wedding! August 12th is my 2nd dd's birthday!

Babyholdon2me- I think that having friends who are going through the same thing is very important to success! Looks like everyone here is great friends, so we all will succeed!!

Jules- Thanks for the welcome...lol @ the Jimmy Hoffa thing, isn't that silly?

Junecleaverwannabe-aren't we all...lol cute ID!!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #26  
RosieKate

Good morning everyone

I was doing so well with my eating all last week, then last night BAM - I need another pizza/beer intervention maybe just one of these ok 2
I am going to exercise class this morning, then back on track for me...WI Monday is right around the corner and I can't lose all that good progress I was making last week.

Welcome JuneCleaver! I like the name...I think I'm a JCWB as well, maybe a little more Martha Stewart. I'm a SAHM and my interests (besides my family) revolve around volunteering, reading, knitting and gardening.....sounds pretty June Cleaver-ish I must say. I don't have pearls, lol Wait a minute - yes I do! I just don't wear them while vacuuming. My Dh usually has to step over stuff when he walks through the door in the evening...but he is greeted by his kids who are happy and healthy and most days don't want to kill each other. Hot meals..eh we do our best

Ginny - that pastor does sound chauvinistic...your kids sounds like they are off to a good start with managing their money. They sound very sweet in general, btw. This wedding will be a very happy occasion for everyone! Our problems began when we started having some money and disagreed about what to do with it (save, spend, pay off debts) UGH it was a mess. We get along great when we are poor. If they need that kind of awareness, they can get Dave Ramsey's books and not bother with the pastor. You have good instincts.....

Jules - here I am I have a cup of coffee for you...can you smell it all the way over there? I got my yarn in the mail, so I cast on for the skull tote. That makes 4 works in progress ( WIPs in yarn-talk) I usually only have two, socks and something else, but I've been a little restless so it's nice to have choices when I want to pick up a project,

Susan- Hope you and the girls have a great weekend - is Gaby feeling better? Leigh says Hi

Today after exercise, we all go to Family Day at the preschool. It's an open house of sorts. There's is also a family bbq this evening, but I thought we were really only up for one thing like that today, so we chose the open house. Now it turns out to be a good choice, because it is rainy here (in Oregon, imagine that ) so we picked the indoor option yay. Other than that I'm feeling a bit pms-y so I'm hunkering down with my coffee and knitting and hope that everyone else can stay busy. I was patting myself on the back yesterday - I was able to move practically the whole unit of dairy compost by myself AND got it done before the rain came...granted I didn't do it all at once, but I did do it. Now it is on all the beds soaking up the wonderful rain.... My next project is move a little brick patio to another part of the yard, then design and build a cob bench with some of the clay dirt from our remodel excavation. That big dirt pile in our back yard has to be good for something! Maybe I'll work on that next week.....

Old 05-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #27  
RosieKate

Hi Sunny! Just missed you
Hope you have a great day
Vote for Pedro

Old 05-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #28  

Good morning RosieKate!!! Thanks, hope you have a great day to!! lol
Old 05-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #29  

Ok ladies...I am off to do some taebo cardio...if my baby lets me. Send a lil prayer my way that my lil tornado will behave for 45 min. UGH! lol
Old 05-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #30  
ugggg.....

Ginny--it does sound like the kids have the money thing under control--DS & gf are moving in together in August instead of having separate apartments-DS really got into using a budget when his roomates moved out and he did it all by himself before his sister took over the second bedroom after separating from her soon to be ex. The princess tea parties sounds fun!!

June--I did the diet pill thing too--they don't work or we would all be skinny!! Since I lose weight slowly the measuring helps. I only measure one a month though and I only weigh once a week or I tend to get frustrated.

Sunny--my DH does the eye roll thing to me too & the oh your on that site again. He's being understanding though and supportive--once I get losing though he tends to get insecure and I am hoping he keeps the support up this time. After 20 years I think he has finally figured out that I am not going anywhere...

Katy--that coffee sure does smell god--I like the Oregon Chai tea too--Chai lattes are a favorite treat but I don't get them very often. I'd really be interested in seeing a picture of your cob bench when its finished.

Well I gotta go-DD, DS & gf and another friend are on their way to DC for a huge multi band concert/chili cook-off that DC101 rock station sponsors every year for the Kidney foundation--need to have them be able to get through if they need to!!

Everyone have a great day!!
Closed Thread