Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 PM   #76  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Sweet pea

Its going very well. Thank you for asking!
If I get up in the morning and lost at least 1 more pound I will have hit my first personal mini goal.
I had set the goal for 179 by the time I went to Arizona. That is one week from today so I may be early.
So I will set a small new one if I hit that mark.
I know alot of people say not to set weight goals but I make very small ones that makes me feel better and that I feel like I am accomplishing something waiting for the BIG goal. That seems SO far away.
Congratulations on your taxes!!! That is a REAL reason to be happy!!
I agree with you as far as mcd their mcgriddles are my weekness...Ohhhhh
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:43 AM   #77  

you must have different stuff there - i have never heard of a mcgriddle!!! OMG and i never knew there was a McD symbol here. what a hoot.

congrats on getting close to your first mini goal i have been pretty much the same weight for a year. i have to stop mucking around with the same few pounds and start kicking ***!!! it's a challenge though. i find it hard not to use food to comfort myself.

my weight i am having trouble getting under is 80kg which is about 176lb. i keep going 82-84kg and occasionally hit 80kg but i never go under it for more than a day. it's a psychological obstacle i'm sure
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:57 AM   #78  
sli
On A Mission

Mcgriddle are like little pancakes with sausage, egg and cheese....Yummy. Enough food talk.
I was stuck on 188 forever! I changed my eating habits a little and it seemed to kick start my motabilsm (sp)
You could try that and see if it helps any. For comfort I usually take a bath and drink hot tea. Its not as good as comfort food but it helps a little.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:55 AM   #79  

i do like hot baths but there is a limit to how many you can take. funny that hot tea thing. i've never taken to drinking tea or coffee. with all my vices it is a miracle LOL

my eating habits need a lot of change but i have a lot of emotional issues to deal with and they tend to get the better of me. i am trying to get them sorted out so i can handle stress and make decisions without using food as a crutch

i wonder sometimes about getting scales in pounds instead of metric - not even sure we have them here??? - so i am not focusing on the dreaded 80kg. i don't know why it is a barrier for me. most of my life i have been a lot smaller than that. for a long time i was around 90kg and got that down and then after that i guess i didn't try hard enough? it does require determination and commitment
Old 04-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #80  
sli
On A Mission

That is true about the baths especially in the summer, neither one of my fixes are as good..
I was thinking to myself that I am surprised that I don't use food as comfort but then I realized that since I have my other bad habit (smoking) that I tend to stray that way during stress, depression or just because I am hungry.
That is another thing that I am giving up as soon as the weight is gone! My DH wanted me to do both at the same time but I informend him that if he thinks I get mean now try taking away both and see me PMS..
I bet your right about the scale issue. Do you know anyone who could send you one?
Oh, I did hit my goal this morning...
Old 04-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hello! I'm freaking out right now, just getting ready to go to court, have a good day ladies and I'll catch up later!
W.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #82  
sli
On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide in Winnipeg
Hello! I'm freaking out right now, just getting ready to go to court, have a good day ladies and I'll catch up later!
W.
Good luck and we are all with you in spirit..
Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Hi girls,
My name is Barb and this is my first time on this thread. It seems like everyone here is really very kind, and that is so important. I'm 5' tall and am currently at 168 lbs (down 2, hooray!) I have terrible emotional eating problems and am trying hard to conquer them. I just started a new job, and I really miss my friends at my old job! So I compensate for the loneliness by lots of food! I would love to hear from you all. Thanks!
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #84  

Oh ya me too! I'm a huge binger, have been for as long as I can remember,although I didn't have weight problems till about 4 years ago.Welcome aboard babsy now that you hve new friends on this board maybe we can help curb the eating a bit!
All went well today ladies! The jerk didn't even show up in court! His reasoning was that he is to depressed to deal with any issues right now,I say he was to busy coming down from a crack binge.So now we start freash with new lawyers(litigation)and hopefully in a year from now all will be said and done!
Off to bed for a good nights sleep, I'm drained, chat tomorrow!
Wendy
Old 04-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #85  

hi there

wendy i'm glad the day is over for you. did they hand down any determinations today?

binge eating is a big problem for me. the whole thing emotional eating, overeating binge eating. and it's not a lack of education. i know what's bad for me and do it anyway

sli- fantastic on achieving your goal

babsy good to see a new face
Old 04-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #86  

holy crap it is pouring down here. i mean torrential and thunder, yuck yuck

i have to go out soon but am waiting for my lawyer to call. i have someone who wants to make me an offer tonight or tmrw morning to buy the house. i could be celebrating soon gals
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 AM   #87  
sli
On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsy
Hi girls,
My name is Barb and this is my first time on this thread. It seems like everyone here is really very kind, and that is so important. I'm 5' tall and am currently at 168 lbs (down 2, hooray!) I have terrible emotional eating problems and am trying hard to conquer them. I just started a new job, and I really miss my friends at my old job! So I compensate for the loneliness by lots of food! I would love to hear from you all. Thanks!
Barb!!
You will find that everyone here is great!
I am also the same height as you are, so now I don't feel like the shortest person anymore..

Sweat Pea, Good luck tomorrow on the house!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:59 AM   #88  

thanks sli. i'm nervous. hope i like the offer

on the down side the house i had my eye on went unconditional yday so it's no longer available grrr

oh well guess that's life
Old 04-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #89  
sli
On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_pea
thanks sli. i'm nervous. hope i like the offer

on the down side the house i had my eye on went unconditional yday so it's no longer available grrr

oh well guess that's life
Please let us know how it goes with your house...
Just keep telling yourself that wasn't really the house you wanted anyway...
Old 04-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #90  

Hi Girls!
Sweet Pea~ Something will come up for you!

So,since I've been so busy with the court date thing I have totally ignored everything else that has to be done around here. Today is the day tto rectify that!!!
Take care, chat soon,
W