Old 03-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #46  
Cruiser

Wink Hi Girls

It's great to see so many pounds going Bye Bye!!

Those on a plateau, hang in there, the pounds will
soon begin dropping again.

I've got a challenge Saturday night as the family is doing
Mexican for an anniversary celebration. Beans, rice,
tortillas & chips, all bad on a low carb regimen.
I can deal with it, but watching as everyone else
gobbles them up is tough.
Then next week I'm off to Reno for a break,
I've got cabin fever.
I'll be very happy if I can maintain for the next week.

I'll try and post again before heading to Reno.
All you girls keep up the good work while I'm gone.

Reggie
Reggierail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Hugs to all the Chickies!! And a big to our new chickies here on this thread!! (I'll name names in another post - in a rush this morning, but just wanted to say "hi!")

I've been on Atkins Induction since Feb. 01, but had a stall a couple weeks ago. In Feb. I weighed myself every Monday. For March, and because of the stall, I decided to weigh more frequently - Mondays and Thursdays - so I could see if anything I was doing was causing the weight slow-down.

(OTHER than having to go off my thyroid meds for an upcoming test and injuring my achilles tendon, so no cardio for time being - ack!!)

LONG, BORING story made short (finally!!): I lost another 2 pounds this morning when I weighed myself - yea!! I had also lost 1 pound when I weighed in this Monday, so hopefully I can keep at least the total of 3 pounds off for my weigh in this coming Monday.

Hope it continues to be a good week for all.
Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, Teckla. Glad you found us again. I'll try to figure out how to post a direct link when I do the new thread for April. Wouldn't want to lose you again.

A great big HI for everyone else. Hope we all have a great day doing the good stuff and moving in the right direction. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.I really enjoy reading all of your comments.Today I'm just a little off kilter, really feeling tired,maybe I'll just go take a nap.I cleaned my oven this morning,YUK.

Teckla:you are from Nebraska?me too,GO BIG RED !!
Reggie:YUM!,Mexican food Saturday night,bet you'll do just fine.If I don't get back before you go,have a great trip to Reno,I'm like you;cabin fever

Hey gals,I gotta go,our local boy's basketball team is playing at the State Finals right now,need to see if I can find it on the radio.Have a great day.
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #50  
itsforme

S/C/G: 189/174/140

Hey Bonnie!

We're in Ohio ( brrrr ) and are planning to be in the Myrtle Beach area this summer. Of course, that includes another trip to Charleston! We just didn't get to spend enough time there! The only restaurant I recall was Hyman's. It was highly recommended. But in a few short days we got to walk thru the slave market, take a walking ghost tour, and see all the beautiful, charming and historical old houses.

Can't wait to get back! Can't wait to figure out where we'll end up! lol
itsforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #51  

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Good morning everyone,

And a big to all the new ladies that found us. Glad to see you! Looking forward to getting to know you!

And to all you that have lost weight Keep up the good work! And there is no such thing as "just one pound". It's "YEAH, another pound".

Sorry this is short and sweet, but I posted yesterday and my post just wouldn't go through! And I tried twice. Very annoying! So, i'm hoping this reaches the right destination.

Just wanted to welcome back the ones that got lost! So glad you found your way back!

Have a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #52  

Height: 5'8.5"

You are soooooo right, Freda! Every pound gone is a BIG pound and another step to victory!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #53  
Onward and Downward

Great to see you all, gang.

I'm feeling a little like our weather today . . .rainy and dull. I honestly think I've got a little case of SAD. I start feeling this way every year about this time. Even though this has not been a bad winter, I am very sick of it. At least the days are getting longer and that's a good sign that things will soon be looking up.

I'm trying to stay ahead of the "binge" I feel sneaking up on me. Drinking extra water in the hopes that If I gurgle loudly enough when I walk, it will frighten him off. Here's a little extra to help us all through the rest of the day . . . I know I need it.

Hang in there, everybody. If we keep on doing the right things, we will reap the rewards. See you tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #54  
Onward and Downward

Weather is trying to live up to the "march winds" thing today. No strange things blowing past the windows but it sounds pretty wild out there.

Don't know where anybody is, but thought I'd pull this back onto page one so you could find it more easily.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #55  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Helloooo Chicks & Reggie!

Reggie...Mexican food will be calling your name tonite...stick to the Fahitas and you'll be OK!!

Had THE BEST day yesterday! It was 85 & . HH played hooky since it was his 59th birthday and we burned up Daytona! Went with our HOG group...about 35 bikes. Our good friends rode too, as well as our son & grandson. Grandson thought he was going to school, then son told him to hop on the bike instead, "We're going to Daytona BikeWeek for the Day!". You should've seen him with the Daytona T & A. (He's 14.) It was hilarious!! Went to the Harley Exibition & sat on some awesome bikes. Almost made me want my own! But really...HH and I have waaaaay too much fun riding together & I'd miss that tooooo much. Had a great ride over & back...then we Birthday bar-hopped locally til midnight. We're usually in bed by 9, so this was really a reach for us! I was pretty good...probably had too many drinkies thru-out the day, but stuck to my eating plan as well as I could. Also did my Gazelle before we left yesterday morning. I'll be spending double-time on it today!! Cayman trip is coming up NEXT Saturday!

Sounds like everyone here had a good Friday too. I hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend !

PS~~I got in my Size 12 Jeans and they felt pretty darn good!!
flsunbakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #56  

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. I have had such a busy week and not being home much, I just don't want to do anything but veg out!!

Reggie...YUMMY! I love mexican food, but know you will do great and make wise choices. Have a great time in Reno. We hope to go to Hot August Nights this summer.

Teckla...So glad you finally found us.

Jill...I'm so jealous!! 85 sounds heavenly

Hy... 3lbs You are doing so well following Atkins. WTG!!!!

I'll try to check back later. Have a good evening everyone.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #57  

Hi everyone!!

Meowee, sorry you are having a case of the blahs! Hope the happy face returns very soon!

Wooo woooo Jill... looking good in those size 12 jeans!!

Bonnie... good for you for being back on track; and yes much better to go to bed than cave in to the hungries!!!

Cheryl... I see that ticker moving waaaaaay over there to the right! Yayayyyaaayyy!!

Old 03-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #58  
Onward and Downward

I'm baaaack! The sun is shining and I'm in much better humour . . . so far, anyway. The wind is still howling and that makes it feel pretty chilly outside. If the wind drops, it will be quite pleasant out there.

Yesterday was pretty much at the top of my calorie allowance and a little too heavy on the starches, but I'm OK for the week, so far, since I had 3 low days earlier on. Hopefully my WW (wednesday weigh-in) will be good to me so long as I don't screw up the rest of the week and I keep slugging in the water. I sooooo want to be able to move my ticker to a lower number.

Congratulations on all those NSV moments, gang. Keep up the good stuff and I'll see you all later.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #59  

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow, Bonnie.... you are right on the doorstep of Onederland. Wooo hoooooo
Old 03-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #60  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default Gazelle Update!

Hi 50-Chickies! Just wanted to update you on my new Love.....Tony Little! The good news, is....my HH LOVES this affair I'm having with Tony!

Been using my Gazelle Power Pro faithfully for a couple of weeks now. Can REALLY see the difference!

Also bought the Tony Little Gazelle Crosstraining DVD
(from www.tonylittle.com). It comes with the Crosstraining Gazelle sold on HSN, but it can be used with any Gazelle model. Tony is sooooo inspirational in a nice quiet-kind of way....and you get a SUPER work-out with it! I was trying to Gazelle by myself while waiting for the DVD and it just wasn't the same. Once I got the DVD I really started getting into the program. Now I can last thru half of the advanced part...then after a cool-down I sit on my ball and do weights through the rest of his program, using his music & motivation.

I'd recommend the Gazelle to ANYONE.....especially since I've been an exercise-flunkie for life. This is the very first time I've been able to stick with a work-out and enjoy it at the same time.

Happy Sunday, Girls & Reggie!
flsunbakd is offline   Reply With Quote