Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #46  

Hi Girls

Checking in before bed tonight.

Noelle WAY TO GO!!!! I look at that number of 33.4 pounds and I am so so proud of you.

Cherie, I hope that tylenol pm works for you. I know they knock me right out at night. 2.5 pounds is great!

Sorry not to get personal but it is late and I am so tired. I have to help out at my daughter's school tomorrow so I don't know if I will be here during the day.

Hi everyone and have a great Wednesday!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #47  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!

Noelle, You are doing great!!!! WOW!! I am so proud of you!

Cherie, You are doing awesome too!!! 2 1/2 pounds is awesome!!! I hope you got a good nights sleep last night.

Kempy, Good Luck with your weigh in today!!

Julie, Have fun at school today!!

Hi Red!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning! The tylenol PM did the trick and I actually had a really good night's sleep. Scale went down a little more this morning, so maybe that helped.

Today and tomorrow, I am just working on payroll. Normal busy hectic day. Tonight is gymnastics for the girls... and a little light cleaning and grocery shopping for me. I'll try to get on the treadmill too, since I didn't do it yesterday.

I've got my mom's old pink sweater on today. I feel her around me. It's a sweater that I only wear maybe once a year... its one that I remember her having in the closet for as long as I can remember, but never saw her wear it.... Thing cherished should be used.. I think.. so I wear it, once a year..... Everyone raves about it.. cause it's so bright and a great cut... they would never guess that its over 30 years old... (I'm sure older.. but that is about as far back as I can remember).

Anyway.... I better get to work!

Everyone have a great day... :-)
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #49  

Hey guys. Well the weigh-in went pretty good. I am down 10.8 lbs now. I will definatly take that. I still don't see it though. I am going to measure myself in the morning to start to track that.

Red have you been buring up the treadmill again and that is why you are not here?

Cherie I love TPM. It knocks me right out. I can't take it very much though. I usually keep meletonin around and that is good too.

Angie are you and Julie blowing your cold air down here? We are getting the coldest air we have had all season this and next week. It is so weird. I was really ready for spring too.

Noelle you better watch out, I am sneaking up on you with this weight loss.

Time for some lunch. I will check back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #50  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cherie, That is sweet that you wear your moms sweater. I am glad you got a good nights sleep.

Kempy, Way to go girl!!! You are rocking!!!! AAAWWWWW, is it cold down there? I feel for ya. It is cold up here again too. On the plus side all the nice weather has melted every ounce of snow. I dont care if everything is brown just as long as it isnt white and deep!!! But, they are predicting snow this weekend lets hope they are wrong as usual.

Well, we had the local dealer all set to almost match the rv dealer in Ohio but in order for them to order it they wanted $2500 up front which is BS because he kept saying that if it was a more popular floor plan then the down payment would be less but whatever I dont have that much money hanging around during the winter and I certainly aint putting it down as a nonrefundable deposit and then have the rv come back wrong and have to refuse delivery and lose it all. So we will see... but they havent called back in 2 days so I guess they dont want the sale. I will just wait until summer get a good down payment and make them match rv wholesalers to the dollar. It isnt like I can use it until next winter anyways.

Enough whining from me. Other than that there isnt much going on here today.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #51  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy hump day ladies! I just got back from my morning walk and am relaxing just a bit before heading into the office. I am thinking about what to make for dinner tonight and have a spaghetti squash on the counter...this is the first time I've actually bought one so I don't know exactly what to do with it. I keep hearing about how good it is and how low fat, etc etc.... any ideas or recipe suggestions if any of you have cooked one before? I'm thinking of just nuking it in the microwave then tossing it with some butter and parmesan cheese, that's one recipe I heard that sounds pretty good. Any others?

Kempy, congratulations girl! If you can't see your progress in the mirror, just try some clothes on--I bet they're looser! Bring it on girl, I love a little competition We are having some cool weather here too, not even getting up to 80 today plus there's a high surf and high wind warning until tonight. It was blowing something fierce when I went walking.

Cherie, I love the idea of your mom's sweater, that is sweet. How's your Wednesday coming along?

Angie, I hate when salespeople jerk you around like that. Oh well, maybe you'll just have to go and make the economy of OH a little better instead of a little closer to home. You could do like Kempy did and drive up with your new RV to the stupid dealer who didn't want to help you out

Julie, how were the kiddos behaving in school today? Your DD must love having you as a classroom mom.

Red, I hope you have a great Thursday today and don't have to put up with too much of your co-workers' b.s.

Cal, how the heck are ya?

I have to get moving, I didn't even get into the office yesterday I was still feeling bummed...oh well, enough slacking off. Gotta run
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #52  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Noelle, I have never had one of them but your recipe sounds good. Ieat spaghetti like that so why not a squash? Let me know how you end up doing it and if it is good or not.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #53  

Talking

Hi guys - still getting used to moving through the threads and responding to posts. Not sure if I have it all down yet. This seems like a neat group of girls.

Hey Red - thanks for posting in the Over 50 site. Wow - Hong Kong and horses - what a combo!!

I had some inspiration when I went to the gym today. A woman working out there must have been in her 60s. She was sweating like crazy and in good shape. Driving home for the gym I decided that if she can do it, I can do it. Thus, I decided on 2 of my ultimate goals:

1. Getting ripped arms! Going to up the weight training when I figure out how to do it.

2. Getting in great shape so I can learn to surf next summer when significant other and I go to visit. He's an avid surfer and I want to be able to keep up with him!!
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #54  
so close, yet so far...

Welcome surfdreams That's an interesting name. I see you plan on learning to surf... well, I'm in Hawaii which is a primo spot to learn--the ocean's not as cold here as it would be in say CA? Anyway, welcome aboard our thread here. We're hoping to get to know you a little better. A little bit about me: I am a 34 y.o. married (going through a down period right now) mom of 1, working w/my hubby in our plumbing contracting business. I have a pup of 9 mos "Lucky", and 2 older dogs, Kai who's 10(?) and Selena who's 5. Cats are Tiger, Scully, Molly, Whiskas, Kitty Boy and Leper....one ciclid fish all by his lonesome and one big white rabbit called Jimmy. Other than having a small menagerie and a small family, I am currently following the WW Flex Points plan (or the "Turn Around" plan as they are calling it now) and have lost 33.4 lbs since I re-started on 11/8. I admire your goal of ripped arms as I have those evil arm flaps at the moment that are surely to get worse as I lose more weight.

I also saw another post of yours on the "4 things" thread and thought it would be fun to do the same here... so yeah, I lifted it off that other thread, where it was lifted off another thread, so you get the picture... Even though we've been chatting for a couple of years now, I think it would be fun to answer the following questions.

Post away girls!

*4 jobs you have had in your lifetime
*4 movies you could watch over and over
*4 places you have lived
*4 TV shows you love to watch
*4 places you have been on vacation
*4 websites you visit daily
*4 of your favorite foods
*4 places you would rather be right now
Old 02-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #55  
so close, yet so far...

Default My answers to 4 Things...

1) Cinnamon roll maker @ Cinnabon
2) Dental Receptionist and then office manager
3) Accounts Receivable Clerk/Credit Manager
4) Business Administrator for Plumbing Co.

1) Ferris Beuller's Day Off
2) Stand By Me
3) Any Harry Potter movie
4) most any movie w/Brad Pitt, Harrison Ford or Alan Rickman

*4 places you have lived
1) Little Rock, AR
2) Oahu, HI (never moved off the island after moving in)

1) American Idol
2) CSI (Vegas)
3) House
4) ER

1) Las Vegas, NV (over and over and over again)
2) Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Thailand
3) Anaheim, CA (Disneyland and the like)
4) Chicago, IL

1) 3FC (religiously!)
2) nissanmurano.org
3) ebay
4) google (does that count?)

1) real Japanese sushi (not the frou-frou California kind)
2) Chicago deep dish pizza
3) Italian seafood pasta
4) dark chocolate

1) Shopping in Bangkok
2) In bed sleeping alone
3) In bed w/hubby doing other things
4) On vacation in Las Vegas shopping
Old 02-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

This sounds like fun.. here are mine

1) Assistant Manager for County Seat Clothing Store
2) Clinique Consultant
3) Office Manager for Construction Company
4) Payroll Manager for Weathernews

1) Shawshank Redemption
2) Immortal Beloved
3) When Harry Met Sally
4) Anything with Doris Day, Cary Grant or Gene Kelly

*4 places you have lived
1) Greenwood, AR
2) Arlington, TX
3) The Woodlands, TX
4) Oklahoma City, OK

1) The Biggest Loser
2) Desperate Housewives
3) Grey's Anatomy
4) The Bachelor

1) Playa de Carmen, Mexico
2) Niagra Falls, Canada Side
3) Vail, Colorado
4) Redwood Forest State Park, CA

1) 3FC (religiously!)
2) calorieking.com
3) novembermom's bb
4) yahoo, my page

1) Hideaway Pizza
2) Italian anything
3) In & Out Burger (cheeseburger)
4) high quality chocolate

1) Skiing with A. in Colorado, or Utah, or Canada
2) On a nice white beach with a drink and a book and blue water
3) Italy
4) With Alan, anywhere.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #57  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Surfdreams. I am Angie. I am a married mom to 3. My kids are 14,12,12. I am a baker with my husband, we have a wholesale shop at our house and we make pastries and donuts for the stores in our area. I have lots of pets like Noelle. I have 3 dogs, A JRT, Rebel 4...A Keeshond, Candi 3 and a JRT/Cairn mix, Mickey 2. I also have 6 cats...Meanie,T.J., Butterball, Tyson, Teddy and Daisy.

1) McDonalds making cheeseburgers...gross
2) dish washer at my inlaws bakery
3) at our bakery

1) Fast Times at Ridgemont High
2) Pirates of the Carribean
3) Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle (too funny)
4) Dirty Dancing

*4 places you have lived
1) Maine
2) New Hampshire (for about a month)

1) Survivor
2) Amazing Race
3) Big Brother
4) Trading Spouses

1) Kissimmee Florida
2) Jacksonville Florida
3) White Mountains New Hampshire

1) 3FC of course
2) rv.net
3) The Superficial
4) People.com

1) Wendys #6 combo
2) Seafood
3) Cake
4) Chinese food

1) On vacation
Old 02-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #58  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Cherie, You posted when I did.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #59  

Me too, me too!!!!

1. server at about 6 different rest. raning from Chinese to Italitan
2. receptionist at a trendy salon
3. executive director of a fitness center
4. self emplyed electrolygist

1. The Color Purple (still cry like a baby)
2. Ferris Bueller
3. The Great Outdoors (love John Candy)
4. Anything with Pualy Shore (I know, stupid)

*4 places you have lived
1. Pensacola, FL
2. Hammond, LA
3. Baton Rouge, LA
4. Ponchatoula, LA

1. Grey Anatomy
2. Lost
3. Dancing with the Stars
4. Anything on HGTV (I am addicted)

1. Denver, CO
2. San Diego, CA
3. Destin, FL
4. Pigeon Forge, TN

1. 3FC (it is my homepage)
2. Yahoo
3. Ebay
4. Lowes.com

1. Italian
2. Mexican
3. mom's cooking
4. chocolate (I wanted to put that for all four)

1. on the beach
2. on a cruise
3. at our camp with Joe
4. shopping with Joe
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #60  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I wanted to tell you guys about a book I have been reading. It is called Marley and Me. It is about a man and wife who get their first dog, a yellow lab( I figured Kempy and Julie would really like it. ) The dog, Marley, turns out to be the exact opposite of the dogs they have had in their pasts. He is high strung and ucooperative but he also is the best fit for them if that makes sense. It is about their lives with him and it is so cute and heartwarming. I figured I would tell you about it in case anyone wanted to read it. He describes him so well that I can see Mickey in Marley....even though Mickey isnt a lab.