Old 05-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #751  

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

We closed on our house on Monday. So we're officially first time homeowners! WAHOO!!!

Yesterday I went to the dr. and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. Anyone here have any experience with that?

I've got to get back on track. I'm up 3 pounds!!!! Just being lazy and not exercising is a bad habit!!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #752  

S/C/G: 244/210/170

Congratulations on your 1st house!!! That is soooo exciting!! You will enjoy making it your own and get a good workout in the process of putting things away!! You'll get those 3 lbs off soon - the change of your routine with the house and all probably didn't help! What type of exercise do you like to do? I do the ARC trainer at the Y. Have a nice weekend & with your new home - a wonderful Mother's Day present!
cheeky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #753  

Hi girls. Long time no talk huh? Sorry to go MIA again but I have been super sick. Went off all meds I'd been taking for a year and it all just made me very sick. Feeling loads better now and back to the land of the living finally!

Sarah, big congrats on the house!!!! Go you! Have carpel tunnel in my wrist, got a big lumpish thing in there that hurts ever so often. Only way to fix it would be surgery. Well, I can't even get shots for my teeth so you think I'm going in for surgery? LOL I hope yours isnt bothering so much???
Those pesky 3lbs will be gone very soon, you know what to do.

Welcome to cheeky chick! these girls here are amazing. Always a kind word, someone to pick you up when you are down. Your stats are fabulous, you are well on your way!

Time to go fetch the kids here in a bit, wanted to drop in quick to let ya'll know I was still living. lol

Talk soon!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #754  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I've been so bad about posting here and in about 30 minutes I'm leaving to visit one of my sisters for 10 days. I'll try to log on at her house to catch up. hopefully we'll all get back into posting. Summertime is just so busy and I don't feel like sitting at the computer as much as I did whan it wasn't nice outside.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #755  

Default Monday

Hello ladies:

Sarah: Congrats on the house, best of luck.
Nori: we'll miss you for 10 days, hopefully you'll get to check in.
Cheeky Chick: Welcome to our newest member In my mind at least I do WW counting points and I always intend to do some exercise but it doesn't always happen that way. Maybe I should just think of this week as starting over.
Catherine: glad you enjoyed the trainer, keep up the good work!
Danielle: good to hear from you, we miss you. I hope your CT isn't too bad. Where a work it's common from repetitive motion. Fortunately for me, I don't do much motion at all!
Stacye: glad to see you're back!

Well DD birthday part went well Friday night. I had a big mess to clean up on Saturday but that was ok. She also had soccer on Saturday and Sunday and a family party yesterday with 15. We did a cookout but stayed inside. DD then asked if she was bring cupcakes to school! Will it never end????
DD is 10 and just starting to ride her bike. She got a new one for her birthday and hopefully she'll learn the starting off by herself soon and we can go for family rides.

I was in shock today to weigh in and find that I didn't gain anything according to the scale. This has to be wrong because I've eaten anything and everything and haven't exercised in 6 weeks. I really need to get back on track. If the weather is good I might go for a bike ride after DD piano lesson tonight, if there's time between when DH gets home and before it gets too dark. I was disgusted at myself today. Even though I've been gaining weight steadily over the past 20 years, I never really had bad legs. Today I noticed that they're very flabby at the top of the thighs, now I have to work on those too!!

I found my pedometer although I forgot it today. Maybe I'll try to join a walking challenge

Send some willpower vibes my way for eating and exercising!!

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #756  

Post where oh where is everyone

Well.

Mo it is really nice to hear from you. Congrats on getting the party over and that things went well. I am glad your weight has stayed where it was. I gained1 I am working to get it back off though. Went to the gym today! The first day without the trainer. I did well. I am sore so I guess I did well.

Nori, hope to hear from you soon. You are such an inspiration!

Danielle, nice to see you back! Wish I could say that to more people.

Sarah, I am so happy for you ! One of these days I will be able to get a nice new house too. Best wishes on getting it all together!

Cheeky Cheek you are so very welcome! Look forward to hearing more from you! Pizza oh that sounds so good. I love the South beach diet food. trying not to spend too much extra food above the food for the rest of the family.

Well, I am going to go need to check on another thread.
LOL to all of you, Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #757  

Good morning, Cheeky, Danielle, Nori, Mo, and Catherine! It's so great to see posts from you all.

Thanks for all the well wishes on the house! Since we've been married, my husband and I have always lived in base housing. So this will be the first time we've been able to paint and everything!!!!

My wrists are still hurting, but I haven't been able to get into occupational therapy yet - still waiting for the referral to go through.

Yesterday, I decided to take control again! I ate reasonable portions, and I made healthy choices! It felt great! I'm planning for another day of the same, too!

I hope everyone has a great day! Back to work for me!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #758  

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to losing weight with you guys and giving each other encouragement. I need it!! I do good Mon-Thur and then seem to blow it on the weekends and it is so frustrating cause I try really hard during the week so I don't know why I do this to myself. I did order some Fit n Free pizza off the internet - it isn't too bad and it is only 3 points! I top it with tons of veges (peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, red onion, garlic) that I stir fry in some Pam while the pizza is cooking and then top the pizza with those. It is yummy - hopefully a cure for pizza addition on the weekends.

I read this week also about the Wendie plan regarding Weight Watcher points. You alternate the point value each day tricking your body into not getting use to the same amount of food intake each day regarding points/calories. They say this can help you get off a plateau. I'll let you know how it works if I start losing weight again!!

I'm curious to see also if my chlosterol goes up when I get my blood work done on the 26th. We raise chickens and I've been eating eggs every day - they satisfy my hunger on my salad at lunchtime & I eat them alot for breakfast. From experience, has anyone seen their chlosterol levels go up because of these?

I'm excited - I've just completed my 16th week of exercising 4 days a week on a consistent basis!!!! This has always been a challenge for me cause I have 2 bad knees. Thanks for listening to me rattle on. Pass on any advice you have or recipes!!! Have a good day girls!
Old 05-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #759  

Default Tuesday

Just a quick hello, I got to work late and have been busy lately at work. My boss decided all of a sudden he's going to be organized

I'll write personals tomorrow when boss is away.

Skinny wishes to all of you!
Old 05-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #760  

Default Wednesday

I guess I only have myself to say hello to!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mo
Old 05-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #761  

Post OK here it goes!

Alright everyone ! Here it goes! I have spoken to my doctor and confessed everything ( through tears, of course) . So now is my time to confess to you. I have been diagnosed as a bulemic. I have known this for awhile. Which is a start that I can admit it! I also understand why I do it and when I do it most often. Though I do not purge, I have binged to the point that I have gotten sick. I am starting on a new antidepressent and I am suppose to start counseling. I have to see how many visits I can afford with the co-payments. Not sure what my co-payments are going to be. My husband is freaked out, he wants to fix it and he can't. So he feels guilty, thinking he caused some of it and because he cannot fix it. This is going to be a long uphill battle! But I have told all of you and I have gotten it out! Thank you for listening! Talk to all of you later! Catherine
Old 05-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #762  

Jamamom - that must have been really hard to confess and I congratulate you for seeking help. I will keep you in my prayers and pray that you and your husband will find the strength you need to get through this time. Just remember, skinny doesn't bring happiness. I'm overweight but extremely happy so that is why it is hard for me to sometimes stick with a plan - just take it day by day - each day is a new one with new beginnings - don't look at the past. Being healthy is what counts. Alot of skinny people are unhappy and unhealthy. Hang in there - you CAN do it! I pray that happiness and healthiness are around the corner for you.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #763  

Forget to tell Mo hello! Hope your day is going well. My boss brought in deer meat sticks which I seem to have already consumed 2 of. Ugh! At least, they are protein instead of carbs, right? I drank 24 oz. of water so far so need to pick that up so will get it all in for the day. Going miniature golfing with my son and 2 of his friends with our church group tonight. They want to go out to eat before hand. Arby's would be cheap but I don't think it would be a good "food" choice place for me. I might grab subway before hand. Have a good day.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #764  

Hi Mo, Cheeky, and Catherine!

Catherine - I'm so glad you confessed to your doctor and you're on the path to wellness. Please keep us posted! How are things with your FIL?

Mo-your boss is organized? LOL Let me know what that's like!

Cheeky - it's so hard to pick healthy and cheap fast food! It amazes me how the prices keep going up. At the McDonald's here, most value meals are right around $5. I remember when they were all $2.99!!!! LOL-however, I kinda wish they were $20 so I'd never stop and get one! LOL
Old 05-18-2006, 02:35 PM   #765  

Post thought more about it

Wel, now that I have thought more about it. I have indeed purged, just not recently. I always figured I had to stick my finger down my throat to consider it purging. Well, I have stood over the toilet and willed myself to vomit including forcing myself to hewve to get everything going. I am guessing a lot of new revelations are going to come out through this. The good part is I know I need the help and I actually understand why I do it at times. Well, except for all of my friends here at 3FC I have only told my husband and two other friends. I am going to keep it like that for awhile. the FIL is another whole story in itself, too much to get into right now. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I am trying to keep my favorite Bible verse in my mind which is Proverbs 3:5-6. I even bought a journel with it written on it to start this recovery journey.

Hope everyone else is well. I am guessing they are, they are too busy or just a little bit bad. I am going to go for too busy.

LOL, Catherine