Old 01-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #91  

Happy Saturday Girls!

Oh the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day in the thirties. I am going to get my walk in today.

Angie you go girl! Enjoy your splurge day today. I may make cheesy chicken burritos for my eat what I want day today. Hopefully I will be eating less of eat what I want days, LOL!

Kempy your cruise sounds great. You will be some of the places I like to go.

Noelle how is the knee feeling? Have a great weekend.

Cal have a nice time in CA.

Cherie, you know I have been reluctant to post many days because I am having a terrible eating day or whatever diet wise. I am having way to many of those lately. But I remember we are all friends first, no matter if we are losing or not. I have been feeling blah too. Spring is on its way though! Love ya girl.

Red I hope you get some time just for you!

Hi Dips!

Well girls going to go and make the best of this sunshine. We were going to go to the movies but I think we will bundle up and play with the dog in the backyard. Have a nice weekend everyone
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #92  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi.

Noelle, I voted as well. I hope we go with the shorter sigs so we can still see them in all the posts. I like it like that. Can you tell I dont take well to change?

Julie, Get out there and enjoy today. It has been pouring here since late last night. I mean pouring too. The snow is getting pretty low. I am going to sound stupid saying this but it better not melt the field down to grass and mud. I know winter isnt over yet so I dont want anymore muddy paw days than I need.

I got in some workout today which is pretty nice since I dont usually do any on Saturdays. I havent left the house all day. We watched Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle again. I love that movie. I bought it for the kids for Christmas.

Has anyone seen Dirty Love with Jenny McCarthy? She is so funny. If you like her humor than I say go rent it. It was so stupid and funny that I thought I would pee myself laughing. I am going to buy that one too.

We named the kitten Daisy. She is so cute we thought it would fit.
Well, I should really go do something.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #93  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Good morning all. Just a short post before I leave for riding. I am so absolutely disgusted with myself for having pigged out over the past week or so. It's so all or nothing with me it seems. I haven't had any nights out drinking though so that's good. It was more just...there were no opportunities. I don't know, but sometimes I just get so scattered and unable to think straight. That's the way it's been. Still, with the cat and all and me not being able to get these stories done, it's been more stressful than usual. Well, riding is always questionable. Good ride, bad ride, I've got to just get out there and put in the time and effort. My dream is to become a good rider and that's the only way there, not the ONLY way but one part you can't NOT have, time in the saddle....well, I hope I'm feeling better real soon. I am sick, sick, sick of not feeling good!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #94  

Hey guys. I have not really spent much time outside today. It is still kind of chilly to do yard work. Plus, I want to rake but the wind is still blwoing too hard and there is no way I am going to work my butt off and then have Mother Nature deposit more leaves. I am thinking tomorrow will be different. I am going to have Applebee's for dinner. They have a WW menu and Joe really doesn't like them so since he isn't home I am treating myself. I made sure that I couned how many points I could have today so I could eat that tonight.

Red didn't you meet Meg from the weight lifting thread or was that someone else? Do they have fattening foods over there? I would think that you would be able to eat so much cleaner than we do here in the states. We have a Burger King on every corner and that makes it hard.

Angie you are doing AWESOME!!!!!!! I am like you I want to tickers back. I am trying to post one but I guess I will wait to see what they do with the site. I love the name, the puppy I posted is Daisy too.

Julie I know that we will have lots of fun. We are both so ready to do something different for vacation. FL is fun but we are so used to it we just sit around drinking beer at the condo and that is just not fun anymore.

Noelle guess where Joe wants to go for vaca next year? Yup, over to your sid of the world. I told him that his mother is going to kill him if we don't stop to see her but he wants to go to San Fran first and the out your way. Of course we ahve a long time to plan all of the out. Don't be surprised if I have you help me. You are the local after all.

Cal have fun.

Cherie did you and the girls do anything fun today?

Well, I am going to go call in my order so I will chat later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #95  

Hi Kempy I see you on, I hope you got something good from Applebees. I got a great spinach salad from there once. I hope your girls are keeping your company while Joe is away tonight! Speaking of raking my dh went outside today and raked with my daughter, can you believe that in January here? Most of our snow melted and it was in the thirties so we are getting an early start on Spring yardwork, I am sure we will get more snow but less leaves under it.

Well that is about it for me....going to watch tv and get ready for bed. Tomorrow it is shopping day and we are dropping the pup off at my in-laws so they can take her to get spayed early Monday morning since I have to take the kids to school and dh has to work.....I hope she does okay, I know she will.
GoodNight!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:58 AM   #96  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up

Hi there. Back from riding. It was a good ride, I have decided, though at one point it got scary because my horse spooked and turned and ran but I stayed on AND kept her going until she settled...which is something you should do or it'll teach her she can do this when she doesn't want to work, which is like always.... It was a bit windy and the water from a whole day of rain was pooled in a lot of areas of the arena with the sunlight reflecting off it, but we did it and so I feel accomplished! Hurrah!

It was a beautiful blue-skied day and Mt. Fuji was clear as a bell this morning, so pretty with all the snow on it. There was a big full moon off to the right of it, still up and clear because it was still around 6 a.m.

Now I am back home and just must get this damn story out that I've left hanging over my head. At least yesterday at work I got the layout pretty well squared away. The story, though, is more important as the ski resort and the advertising agency want to see it. I hate doing PR pieces and am no good at it because I've never really done them....oh well, good to get some experience.

Oh well, I am feeling MUCH better as far as eating goes again. I just decided to get the eating under control again and if I'm going to eat a lot at least make it healthful food, not just any old junk I can plow into my mouth.

I am starting up my new 21-day challenges on the other thread again. Doing that always helps give my habits a bit of structure, which helps a lot. Gives me an easy thing to cling to and evaluate my efforts, even if I'm not losing weight, if I'm sticking to my challenges, then I feel good about things.

jbbm -- Hi there. I'm sure your pup will be fine.

Kempyd -- Yes, I did meet Meg from the weight-lifting thread, about 2 or 3 years ago. She lives where I grew up, in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. She got me into Bally's and we worked out together. She was amazed at how strong I was! Lol. It was nice and she is a supersweet woman. She was still a lawyer then but I see from her profile that she has since become a personal trainer, which I find fabulous because she has sooo much to teach people. She can literally and probably WILL save lives! I've also talked with one other person by telephone and a number by Instant Messenger. I wasn't saying I wouldn't meet people 'cause I was scared too, I was just saying it was a little scary. But, I am kind of shy..or something...around people...maybe. Do they have fattening foods over here in Japan? Sure, lots of them I guess, but servings are not humongous like in the States and there are lot of nonfattening options. The fast-food joints are over here too so if you want to get the fattening stuff you can. The biggest thing I suppose are the serving sizes and just customs. People just don't eat that much and there is also a tradition of very low-cal food, so most things that are traditional Japanese will be lowcal. Also, like at movie theaters, no one eats anything. I found it strange when I came here, but now I find it strange to eat and watch a movie. At home though, I don't eat but I can get drinking! I have an easier time not eating in the States because I am appalled at the huge servings and because there are so many sizes there I feel I have more choice to be whatever size I want to be and then I tend to lose weight. Here, there is such a stigma against being even chubby that I tend to feel contrary and rebellious and kind of like.."yeah, just you WATCH me eat what I darn well please!" Of course, I only don't eat much in the States on short two-week trips over there. I am afraid that if I stayed longer I would slip back into old habits. Maybe not, but the lack of exercise from all the walking I do here would surely have an effect. I need to be in a walking city like New York or so. I think it's easier to eat clean here if you want to. I know a lot of cities other than the real big ones in the States have very little choice in healthful eating. Of course, here, if you want to eat a ton you still can! I know how!

angie -- I'm with you on the voting. I want the signatures back, even though I don't always add mine. I think they should just put a size limit on them. Some people have huge ones. I didn't realize the signature was allowed on each PAGE. I thought it was only once on a thread. That's no too bad but still... You could also make your pages shorter but that's a pain then to jump to the next one....Daisy's a cute name. I hope you enjoy each other! Glad you like Shachi's name. I told him everyone likes his name. You know, he actually has two names because the crippled woman who he used to live with next door didn't know I had cared for him and had him neutered. She thought he was a girl and called him Ai (pronounced eye), which means Love in Japanese. He is a loverboy , gentle and kind of an emotional wimp...though he does know how to hunt and often brings things home...once a rat in my bed! He also hunts sandwiches from the convenience store. They would put ones that had expired out back in the morning and he would carry the whole packaged thing home with him! He's old now and smaller but he used to be big and strong even though he's neutered. I thought, too, the orca name fit because they look scary but are really quite gentle...when they're not hungry, that is. Oh, yes, and wow, congrats on the weight loss. You are amazing. I sooo need to get some motivation back, some desire, some oomph in my life again....

mele -- Hi there. I see the red balloon ticker! How cute. I did tickerfactory in the beginning but all the fertility checks were kind if giving me the willies....

cal -- Hi there. Hope you have a good time in Calif. That's cool that you've met people from the thread. It would be fun. I think my best bet is Dips as I often pass through New York on my rare trips to the States. Dips! You there?! Well, your trip sounds wonderful. If you get down to the Bari area in Italy, you can look up a good friend of mine. She lives in a tiny village right on the Adriatic, a town called Peshichi in Foggia, right on the spur of the boot. I've got a friend in Paris too if you don't have any one to look up. Let me know if you want to contact them. He's an American guy with his Taiwanese wife and kids. I knew him from Tokyo. I haven't been in touch but I figure he's still there and would get in touch with him for you. He's the Wall Street Journal bureau chief there and a nice guy. How old is your Ashley?

Well, I gotta run. Dips, Cherie, anyone I missed, a big hello! Take care all!

Oh, yes and heh!! There is a sweet, young and very talented rider at the club who wants to do a homestay in the States this summer to improve her English. She would only be able to stay a max of two weeks, wants to be talking LOTS of English and not be around Japanese. If anyone is interested or knows someone you would be, please let me know. She is really a very sweet girl. You would love her and she LOVES horses and dogs, has a Lab who often comes with her to the stables. I think she's about 20 (which translates to about 16 in looks in the States) but she is classy, cheerful, really a joy to be around and is really eager to get better in English. She is an excellent dressage rider but is planning on studying dentistry and probably wants to study in the States later. Anyhow, I just wanted to ask because I saw her again today and said I'd try to help her find somewhere. I think it would be great for her if she could do some kind of volunteer work, say, with elderly people...who would talk her ear off probably!...and then have some nice peole to kick back with and chat at home.

Last edited by redballoon; 01-15-2006 at 02:13 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #97  

Well, it is cleaing day again and look at me, I am sitting in front of the puter. I just had to post a quick one.

Red I really wish I could ride again. There is no where for me to do that though. Would you ever consider moving back to the states? As far as your friend goes, this town is WAY to small to help her out. I swear some of the people here don't even know English and they have lived here their whole lives. Thankfully I have not picked up on those bad habits. I try to catch myself if I make a mistake in grammer but some of these people are down right stupid. Sorry, I love my town but the truth hurts.

Julie what kind of shopping day is it? Dinner was ok, Joe said it was b/c I worked it up in my mind for 2 days and then was let down when it was the size of a peanut. Thankfully I got the french onion soup to go with it otherwise I would have been starving.

Angie I wish I had your luck with the weight falling off. I am still sitting at the 7.5 lbs. I am not really sure what to do but I am really going to clean the house today and make it like a workout. It is pretty chilly outside so I don't want to head outdoors. Plus, Joe is on his way home and the house is a mess. I swear there is more cat and dog hair on the floor than on them.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #98  

Bumping us up.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:37 AM   #99  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning girls. Does everyone have a day off for MLKjr day? I am going for my morning walk. I'll be back later to chat. Have a good one!

Cal called me on Saturday night but I was out at a b-day dinner for my sis. She asked about finding those pictures on those Disneyland collages I submitted...so they DID get to Disneyland after all I called her back yesterday but left a message on her voice mail....then as I was walking around, her phone called me and I answered, but I think it dialed by accident. I could hear her talking to someone as if they were watching for someone on a ride. I kept saying "hello" but she didn't hear me
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:56 PM   #100  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Monday!! Can that be possible?

Red, Are you feeling better? I hope so.

Kempy, Oh yeah, I totally forgot that one of the pups is named Daisy. Duh. I told Jay that she would make a good Daisy and if we had gotten Teddy and Tyson around the same time we could have named them Bo and Luke. They all love to run and wreck the house together now. We are planning our vaca for April of next year now too. Maybe we should plan to go to Hawaii and we could all meet up with Noelle. That would be awesome.

Julie, What did you name your pup. How has her spay gone? I always feel so bad for the girls when they get fixed. The boys just dont seem to care.

Noelle, I have today off but only because this is the slow time of year and there isnt really anything to do. Enjoy your walk.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #101  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

OOHH, the tickers are back. YEAH!!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #102  

Well, I didn't have off. I had a few clients but I will take them. We are going to the camp this weekend so I wont be at work for a few days.

Noelle Joe's gradnmother calls us all of the time on her phone. It is so funny, it must be in her purse b/c I can here it moving around like she is walking. Do you have a hard time figuring points of meals that you make at home? I make a few things not out of a cookbook and I am not really certain how to figure them up.

Angie that would be great if we were all in HI at the same time. I don't know what time we would go but we can usually go at any time of the year.

Julie how did you dog do with your FIL. Did he take her hunting. Echo just got back from a big trip and Joe said she did really great.

I hope you all pop on soon. The dogs are looking at me for their dinner. I need to get ours fixed too so I will be back later.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #103  

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back. Wonderful trip.
I'll catch up on posts later; right now I'm just looking to sleep in my own bed without my bedhog daughter.
I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
Goodnight ladies.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #104  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! Well, I guess the tickers are still gone. I swear when I posted yesterday they were there!! Maybe I am going crazy.

I had the munchies so bad last night. What is up with that. I caved and made some onion dip with lowfat sour cream and wow chips. Not too bad but I really didnt want to snack. This time around is so much harder getting the weight off for some reason. I am not going as gunho as the other times so that maybe why. I think I would rather take it slower this time and still eat the foods I like than to go totally strict and end up gaining it all back when I get tired of doing it.

So what is everyone up to? Julie and Cherie, where are you two?
Old 01-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #105  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

weird, I see the ticker right after I post and then it is gone the next time I come back.