Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #16  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Dee, congrats on a good first night alone.

Terri, I know someone from theatre who got that color in a VIBE,,,I like the color.

Sue, arghh windows? I will have to call someone to come do mine,,,way too high.
Loved living in Sylvan,,,this guy would come by every spring and fall and for $2. a window do them for me...my neighbhours would get theirs done too so if one of us wasn't home we always took care to have each of ours done by him.
Do you guys have Regal in the states? There is a screen cleaner in the newest magezine and was thinking of going and buying it. Normally we take them all out and spray them down...and I occassionally use a damp cloth. We live in a kinda new development and so the dust is pretty gross.
Today I plan to finish laundry vaccuum and dust the office.

THEY CALLED!!!

They asked if I would bring in my family...so Tanner for sure, and Monte will have to rush to shower after work,,,

well should get going on my chores
Old 05-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #17  
PamPSM644

Here I am. Up and at"em. Got my walk in and am drinking my coffee. My stun gun is on the way. Will feel better about my walks with the dog when that gets here. Did I tell you girls about our incounter with a Pit? Tramatizing. We are half way though our walk and this lose dog sneaks up on us. It attacks my little Bon Bon and he tries to hide undernieth a car. I hit the dog with my cane and start yelling and screaming for help. Nothing fases this dog. I end up on the ground wrestling with it trying to keep it off my dog. I even bit it trying to get it's attention but nothing worked. Finally a lady picked up my dog taking him out of reach. Thank God no serious damage was done but not so the other day with my neighbor. He's got his gate open working in another part of his yard when a stray Pit came in and attacked his dog who was tied up in the back yard. Another neighbor heard the commotion and hit the Pit as hard as he could with a shovel. It only fased the dog for a moment who went right back on the other dog. It took 3 big men to trap this dog and restrain it till animal control came for it. Well, that was it for me. I decided I needed some serious protection.
Why can't people who own these dogs realize that they have an extra hight of responcibility to keep these dogs under control at all times. Not just for other animals and people but for the dogs themselves. After all, the police will shot a Pit not taking a chance on wither or not it's dangerous.
Thats my rant for the day.

PAM
Old 05-04-2005, 03:15 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Happy Hump Day Ladies!

Good afternoon ladies

Busy day...again, was up early, went to tan and then to Wally World, oh joy! I actually dread it more and more each week but today it wasn't so bad. Got in and out pretty quick. Ran to the post office, came home put everything up and did my exercise. It is killing me the little bit I do but I have to force myself to do it. I started out slow and will add a few minutes each week, or maybe wait till I get used to what I am doing with no problem. Did 30 mns. on the treadmill, 15 mns. on the bike and about 3-4 mns. with the weights. That I don't want to push and it is killing me doing what little bit I do. It's mainly to strengthen my arms, as you all know my arms are basically junk. But if I do the weights while it hurts a little while I am doing it and a little after, it really is better in the long run. I am doing the treadmill, bike, and weights on M, Wed., & Friday and on Tues., Thurs. and maybe Saturday I am doing the 2-mile WATP video and going up and down the stairs 6-10 times to start-my own personal sort of stair stepper. Try going up and down the stairs 6 times in a row, with going up and down counting as one time! OUCH! I am sooooo out of shape! YIKES! Anyway, the important thing is, I am working on it. The eating is also going good.

Pam~OMG! You poor thing, you and BonBon, jeez! You didn't tell us about that incident. I'm glad you and BonBon are okay. Those dogs scare me but I don't blame the dogs-it is the owners. There are too many owners who make the dogs bad and that is so sad. My niece was attacked by a neighbors pit bull when she was 2. Terrible...glad you got some protection.

Dee~yeaaaaa! You are a brave woman! I don't even like to be near those trucks on the road and here you are driving one.

Sue~have you seen that show Designed to Sell? While I like most of what they do I think it's weird when they sometimes take personal things out of the rooms. Everyone has different taste and I think most people understand that when looking at houses. But I think it looks better when they actually looked lived in and with some pictures scattered around. Anyway, you reminded me that we need to clean our windows-ick!

Angie~oh, I am so sending good vibes your way. : Hey, do you like your new CD's-the Kelly Calrkson & Rob Thomas ones? I ordered both Kelly Clarkson CD's a while back through BMG and am still waiting for them. I love the new song of his also and have it on my cell phone, along with some others. I am listening to the new Tina Turner CD-got it back in March and never listened to it. I love it! I can only hope to look like her when I am her age. The woman is very sexy and looks years younger than she is, and, her music I think just gets better and better!

Terri-Lee~I can't say I have seen a car that color-gonna have to go look one up. But I think it sounds really pretty. Know what ya mean about having a heart attack! I swear I felt like that when I was going up and down the stairs-that was/is worse than any exercise I have ever done! But I have to stick with it for my health. I don't want to grow old and look my age-want to look younger and I swear I am going to have a non-invasive face-lift when I turn 50!

Jane~just want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. I know all too well how hard funerals are. Many ((((((HUGS))))) to you all.

Hi to everyone else

Probably should get going, have a couple of things to do before DH gets home. We are going to look at a couple of furniture stores to see if we can find some dining room furniture. Our table and chairs was supposed to be in on May 1, well...it didn't come and they think there may be a shipment coming the first of June sometime. The sales person who helped us either quit or got fired and negelected to tell us when we bought it April 9th that they had other cutomers waiting for the same table since Feb. So we don;t know when we will get that. Just so glad we didn't take the chairs like the guy wanted us to. Didn't see a point in having chairs and no table, duh! So if we can find the same thing for about the same price somewhere and they have it or can get it to us in a couple of weeks we are going to get a refund for the other which is no problem. So, oh joy. I really hate to go shopping, I know it seems like I don't but I really do. What I like is spending with V so it makes it easier. Anyway...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #19  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well. I am doing really well. I got some really cute birthday pictures of my bambino back. I just have to figure how to get them onto a disk so that I can share them with you all. They turned out great! I also have some pictures of my new furniture.

TERRI Congrats on the new car! The trampoline sounds like a lot of fun for the kids. Great exercise for the whole family!! Don't worry, warm weather will come soon. I hope. If it's any consolation, Southern Ontario isn't much warmer than North Bay is. No snow though.

DdFaire Hello and welcome. WOW. A fuel truck. I admire you. My husband is an A-Z driver and it's no easy task. I can't even imagine a fuel truck.

ANGIE Congratulations on the callback. How exciting for you! Best of luck!

PAM How scary for you and your dog! Up here in Toronto, they have put a pitbull ban into place. You are not allowed to own them. It's unfortunate because it is the irresponsibility of the owners that have caused this. I'm glad you are o.k. That's one of my biggest fears when I am walking Nikki. She's a Jack Russell and she'll try to fight back!

CRISTI WTG!! on the exercise. You sound like you're doing great. Remember not to burn yourself out though. You need a day of rest now and then. Keep up the good work!!!

Well ladies, I just looked at the calendar and I think I am due to take some measurements and do a weigh in. I will have to check my journal to confirm.
My clothes seem to fit a little better but that could just mbe wishful thinking on my part.

TTFN

Anita
Old 05-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Mindee - thanks for starting the new thread. Did you find out any more about the house?

Katy - how's everything going in your corner of the world?

Cristi - did you find a dining room set you like? Hope so. I got some more tops at Penney's, too. They've put out the real summery stuff now, and the selection is pretty good, and all on sale. (of course, lol) Hey, you're doing great with the exercise! YGG!!!

Anita - so proud of your NSV at the party! And it made me feel good that you were hearing my words in your ear, lol. But it truly does work, doesn't it? And makes us feel so "in control" of ourselves, which is a really, really good feeling.

Terri - YAY for the new car! I'm not familiar with the color, but it sounds pretty. Btw, your trampoline rules are good ones! I'd love to jump on one again, but don't see that ever happening, lol. We had one in gym class in high school, and I got on it every time I could get some spotters, lol.

Marti - did you have fun with your Grandpa? He sure gets around, doesn't he? I'm so glad he doesn't just sit and mourn and waste away like some widows/widowers do. Btw, when is Jhanai out of school?

Dee - sounds like you did fine on your first night solo with the truck. You've got a heck of a lot more nerve than me, that's for sure!

Pam - when do you think you'll get your teeth now? I know you're anxious for them.

Angie - did you ever get the book I sent? Good luck with the interview!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!

Sue - don'tcha just love the nice weather we're finally having? I'm planning to mulch some flowers today and putter in the yard as much as possible. How's your mom settling in?

Thanks for all the good wishes and hugs regarding the funeral. I am SO GLAD it's all over, and did ok until they played Taps at the graveside. Then I lost it.

I'm looking around for a new friend of mine. Her name is Debby and although I don't share this place with many real life friends, I know she'd be an asset to the group, and told her a little about the JLs. So Debbie, if you're reading this, please pop in and say Hi!

Mount Washmore is about to overtake the house, so I've got to get cracking on that before I run out of undies, lol. Makenzie-the-twin is going to be my helper today. I can hardly wait until she gets here. With all the commotion that's been going on in the family, I haven't seen the DGDs nearly enough.

Hope you have a good day!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #21  
PamPSM644

Greetings Ladies, from the black hole of Cacutta. The soga of the teeth continue.

Thought I'd be bring them home yesterday but not to be. After another fitting I was allowed to gaze on them longingly but informed these belonged to my dentist and mine wouldn't be ready till this next Tuesday. In the back of this large room is a huge cupboard with row upon row of molds. All numbered and proundly displayed. Mine will be joining them shortly. How nice to know they'll be a monument to me left behind when I leave this world.

DebbyA big howdy to you if your out there.plop yourself down and chat awhile.

PAM
Old 05-05-2005, 12:12 PM   #22  
One day at a time

Hi ladies and good morning!

I feel pooped-think it is the weather. Didn't want to get up this morning, probably could have slept till 9 or 10. But I didn't...dragged this big ole booty out of bed and got started with the day. I have yet to do the WATP video but have done the stairs 12 times so far-not all at once mind you-but I did about 5 times consecutively. Each time that I have gone up the stairs I have done a few times up and down-not just walking either, running up them! As soon as I get off here and get a load of laundry started I am doing the video. Today is a stay at home day even though I went tanning and to mail a letter. Other than that I am home for the day. Gotta catch up on housework for sure. Woke up late and didn't have time to make my bed. Well, I did but I like to go tan at the same time every morning and get that over with and out of the way, like with the exercise. Been on the computer looking up stuff so as soon as I am finished here I have lots to do. Did have a nice surprise about 30 minutes ago...had some flowers delivered. DS had 2 dozen white roses for Mother's Day-what a sweetie! Boy was I surprised and they sure are big and pretty! Anywho...

Jane~no didn't find a dining set at the stores we went to. But ended up where we bought the one we are waiting for and saw a different on we may exchange. It is a round table where the other is rectangle-not sure why I got that one-thinking I like the round one better. It also has the upholstered chairs and I can get it is Sage which I think would be nice. It is about the same price also so that is a good thing-would bascically be an even exchange.

Terri~I saw the orange color you are talking about and it is really pretty! While DH and I were out yesterday we passed a chevy dealership-that street is like dealership row! Lots of car dealerships right in a row. Anyway, it is a very nice color.

Pam~I saw a wall of molds in the one dentist office I used to go to. it was kin dof funny looking to see a whole wall of shelves with molds from floor to ceiling. Anyway, hope you get them soon and they fit perfect!

Angie~have you heard anything, how did it go?

Anita~thanks! I plan on just doing the exercise Monday thru Friday and possibly a Saturday or two a month. I don't want to get burned out but for now I am sticking with 5 days a week. Who knows though if I ever get a job it may drop down to 3 days a week which I could live with. For now though I am really trying my best to stick to the 5. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one.

Hi to everyone else!

Better get going ladies so I can get this house cleaned. Also, need to do my toes and fingernails. Don't really cherish the thought of taking the red polish off my toes-it's always so messy.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Thursday whatever you do!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #23  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Hello Ladies
Well finally a nice sunny day!!

Cristi: Wow you are doing a lot of exercising! White roses! How pretty! Lucky gal! Hey you know they say being tanned makes you look thinner? Maybe i should try it!

Pam: OMG! How scary for you and your bonbon! Poor things! I really am scared of thise kind of dogs.. a friend of hubbies had some a couple of year ago and wanted me to take one... NO WAY! Not with kids here.. sorry!

Jane: Yes the kids are having a lot of fun on the trampoline! Mommy has been on it too. Wow that is a good work out! How did mount washmore get over there? because i have it here!lol also mount dishmore and mount toymore!

Anita: Aww cant wait to see the pics! And it is a little warmer today!

Angie: I was actullay looking at the vibes too! They were a bit more expensive though so we went with the cavalier. Yay if they called does it mean you will be on the show?

Well the baby is up from her nap so i better get... Hello to everyone, have a good day!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #24  
PamPSM644

OMG, look at the new smilies! OOOOO. Ok, back to the important stuff.

Ladies, just heard from Ellen's daughter. Mom isn't feeling well and she wants me to pass on greetings from her to all of you. She will be back with us when she can but we must be patient.

PAM
Old 05-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #25  
One day at a time

Aaaaaahhh, how cute! Lovin' the new smilies! Was wondering where you two ladies (Pam & Terri) found them!

Anyway, just taking a break for a few minutes. Just have a load of laundry to get done and finish vacuuming the living room. Kind of got started on some spring cleaning in the bedroom. Am going to go through my closet this weekend and get rid of some clothes I haven't worn in a while but for some reason can't part with. Just going to throw them in the bag. I have a jacket I bought a few years ago and never wore it!

Pam~I got the same e-mail from Ellen's DD-she only had our e-mail addresses. Just glad to hear something, was worried about her.

Terri~yeah, I have been trying to do a lot of exercise anyway-it's way overdue and very much needed. Just hoping I can keep it up. It gives me so much energy. I have found since I started last week that I have been in a much better mood-happier and really have had more energy. That and drinking the water and taking my vitamins. Hey, I never heard that about tanning but it sounds good to me! I know I feel better about myself when I look decent and come spring I need some color to my old white self! The roses he (DS) had sent from ProFlowers I think it was and they felt like they were frozen! But I put them in the vase, cut them and they have already bloomed a little.

Susan~where are ya girly? Haven't heard much from you, missing you around here. How's things going with Mike and Rocky? How's little Miss. Gaby doing and Rachel & Rebecca of course?

Marti~I saw your post about chat yesterday after I had posted but had to go and get ready before V got home. Hope you are fine.

Angie~mentioned the Kelly Clarkson CD and just received them today! It seemed to take forever, I actually forgot what I had ordered. Got both Kelly CLarkson CD's, two Billy Joel, Maroon 5 and Anita Baker's new one-love her voice.

Katy, Sue, Dee, & Katiecat hope things are going good for you all. Seems like I am missing someone, always do that.

Anyway, Hi to everyone again!

Jeopardy is about ready to come on in a few minutes and I need to finish the vaccuuming in the living room. Have a good one ladies!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #26  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies!!

LOVE the new smilies!!!! Thanks for all the congrats on my NSV. I am pretty pleased with myself. I checked my journal this morning and I am not due to weigh in and measure until the 14th of May. So one more week of and and and then next week hopefully it will be

So far this week, I haven't made it onto the ski machine but I did manage to walk the dog. The weather is getting nicer so I like being outside more anyway. I did do 200 crunches on the stability ball this morning though.

Hope everyone is well. to Ellen. Hope you are up and around soon.

Anita
Old 05-05-2005, 09:25 PM   #27  
RosieKate

OK - hung out at chat for a bit and no one's there... so here I am!
Thought I'd post, then check back...

Been MIA , but DH has had track meets all week...some very late nights...DD has been sick (again) but got her on some claritin so she should be feeling better. Got to go swimming yesterday, so she was all smiles I am so tired with everyting...my big wish for mother's day is to just be left alone. I would like to be able to either work in the yard or read a book uninterrupted. I'm pretty easy to please

I went to the library and checked out some chick lit.... so i am drinking a glass of wine and enjoying Bergdorf Blondes, by Plum Sykes. The next one is The Devil Wears Prada ( don't have the author off the top of my head)
Just finished The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hossein and it is fantastic...I highly recommend it.. once you are about halfway through, there is no putting it down!

Managing to maintain, but need to get it together to lose again. Was on such a good stretch there for awhile....need to recapture that somehow...

OK..going back to check on chat then I have to leave

Hope all is well where you are

Old 05-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #28  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow...everyone is busy, either exercising, doing housework or yardwork. Put me in the housework column. We washed windows, finally. No rain, just a beautiful day. I am down to just having 2 closets to clean out and I will be DONE. Got my walk in today, thank goodness, as I had missed it yesterday. Today I was soooo pooped, but my neighbor called and I said "sure, I will walk." Then I hung up the phone and groaned. But I did it.

Pam, sure hope you get your teeth soon. Glad you passed on the message from Ellen. Poor gal must be really under the weather.

Cristi, Good going with the exercise. I am hoping to have more time now to do extra walking or more exercise. I see you are a Jeopardy nut as I am. It comes on here at 7:30 though. Wish it was on at 3:30.

Jane, Loving the nice weather. I was beginning to wonder if it would get warm again. Had that early warm spell and then it seemed to get the "chill to the bone" for a few weeks. I can handle that if it isn't windy, but man we had some fierce wind. I just hopw we have some mild days before we have to turn on the a/c.

Anita, 200 crunches...WTG. I can manage, maybe 20, and that's stretching it. (no pun intended)

Terri, I have had 3 Cavaliers over the years and loved each and every one. My last one was teal, which was a new color when I got it, then everyone had that color eventually. I think orange sounds terrific...and I hope you love the car!

Angie, I am waiting patiently to hear how your interview went. Everything I have is crossed for you for good luck and believe me if I don't un-cross some of it soon I will be deformed!!

Dee, Hello and welcome to you brave lady! Can't wait to hear more about you.

Taking the day off tomorrow and going rummaging with Mom, my aunt and DD1. Should be fun. There is a 50 mile rummage sale on a major highway near us. We will only try for 3 hours since that is about all Mom can do before she tires. Of course we will cap it off with a meal out somewhere and relaxing conversation. (read that as 4 gabbing broads..and I say that with love.)
Monday my DD1 turns 40 years old... she would smack me for telling you that. She was born on Mother's Day 1965. Quite a gift, huh? Sunday we will celebrate that along with Mother's Day.

Hope you all have a good Friday! Enjoy!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #29  

Height: 5'1"

Just a little post....just wanted to let you all know that I edited the post about the chat times. (I added it to Janes post)

Hope it helps with when chat is.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #30  
GmaTo8

Smile

TGIF!!! (I say that as if all my days aren't the same, lol.)

Pam - doggone it! I too had hoped you'd get your biters by now! Well, you'll have them before you know it. I was glad to hear from Melissa, too, and sent a note to Ellen through her. Hopefully Ellen'll be back with us in no time.

Cristi - thank you so much for the cards! Really made my day. Wow, the roses from Vince sound so beautiful! Are you going to swap dining room sets? Sounds like a good idea.

Terri - You are so funny!!

Anita - yikes! That's a lot of crunches! Made my abs hurt just reading about it, lol.

Katy - hope you get just what you want for the big day! Is The Kite Runner political?

Sue - have fun at the rummage sales. I won't tell a soul how old your DD is, so she doesn't have to worry.

Marti - thanks for editing the chat thread. I'm all messed up about the times to chat. Where I live in Indiana, we're on a different schedule than most of the state, and our legislature is trying to do something about it. The bad thing is, when the new laws go into effect next year, it's going to still be light out at 10 at night during the height of summer. Sheesh!

Debby - come on in!!

Neal and I went to the high school for "Senior Showcase" last night. Katie had a Powerpoint exhibit and an English exhibit. All the kids who participated in any category got a certificate to frame. Katie is getting a little sad about leaving her school, but is very happy at the thought of college (and college boys).

The babysitter for Gina's DDs is having some outpatient surgery, so today I'll be watching Mackenzie-the-six-y/o and Macy, who's 2. Neal is off today since his last final is at 8 in the morning tomorrow, so he's planning to have both girls help him pick lettuce, and putter in the garden. I want them to help me make WW soup this afternoon, and may take them with me to Wally World when I go. We don't want to give them a chance to get bored, lol.

Hope your day is a good one!
Closed Thread