Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:21 AM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default chit chat #127

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:25 AM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Cristi~ It is funny you mention that we will be in a new place before we know it. My sister Wendy, she is the oldest, and her family live in low income housing, which is what we would need to start off in. And so she called me Monday morning to let me know that they talked to the manager and she said for us to get our application sent in NOW. So my BIL called me a couple minutes after I hung up with my sister and gave me the lady’s name and phone number. We will have an application mailed to us and then we will get on the waiting list. There are 2 that are open and 4 or 5 that the people will be moving soon. Hopefully we can get a three bedroom because that would be the best!

Katy~ That is awesome about Leigh and her swim class!

Marti~ Thanks for those words of wisdom. Sunday night while we were watching “Extreme Makeover: home edition” the husband sent flowers to the house so they would be there when they got home. He usually buys her flowers every year on their anniversary, but these were to celebrate their new start. And when I came out of the bedroom after changing Brandon, Tommy looked at me and said “maybe this is our new start.”

Angie~ good luck with the wait! I hope you got it!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Just popping in to say hello, and to thank you so much for the many condolences. I spent lots of time with Maggie yesterday. She's teary, but holding up pretty well.

Gotta run a few errands, and also get my roots touched up. The viewing is later today and the funeral tomorrow. I apologize for not doing individuals, but will be back Thursday, if not before, and will try to do them then. Take care!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:20 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

A quickie for me this morning, have a busy day ahead and have all ready gotten quite a bit done so am feeling good about that. With so many people getting up early around here it seems to be impossible anymore to sleep past 7 anymore. Anyway, it makes me get up early. I have all ready went went tanning, did the 2 miles WATP video, straightened the house some and got a load of laundry started. I will be pooped before the day is over for sure. I've got to take DVD's back, head on over to Penneys to find something for DH for our anniversary, and see if I can find a couple of tops. Then have to run to the PO, to Target to get a couple of things, and get my drivers license! They send a test in the mail with your reminder to do before getting there which seems silly, because they also include a book with it too! What is the point of that? Anyway, gotta go jump in the shower ladies. Will try to get back on later this afternoon sometime and do individuals.

Jane~will be thinking about you and your family today and tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else! See ya later
Old 05-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Jane,

My deepest condolences on the passing of your brother in law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What you said about the soul hovering after passing... I believe that too.

Well ladies, I have to tell you about my weekend. Especially about the party. The party was lots of fun, but I knew it was going to be a challenge for me food wise so I thought about what Jane said and I planned. When the food first came out, I waited until I could get a good look at the table. I then walked away and mentally planned in my mind what I would have. I stayed away from the potato salad, and the pasta salad, and instead chose beef stew (homemade) and 1 small bun. I also had a peice of chicken breast. When the birthday cake came out I left the room. Even though, I don't like chocolate cake I still thought it wise not to be in a situation where I could be tempted. I then focused on the conversation and the dancing. I had four coolers (low carb/sugarfree) and then water. I felt very good and very in control.

Sunday night, however, it was apparant that something did not agree with me and I was rather indisposed for the remainder of the evening and most of yesterday. I didn't even make it into work, but instead slept until 1:00 p.m. Thank goodness MIL stayed to take care of Joycelyn because I was a mess.

I am feeling much better today, but sticking to fruits, and brothy soup. I also had some whole grain bread and cheese.

Anyway, I must run, Duty calls.

TTFN
Neets
Old 05-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #6  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well my days have been so busy! Hubby off today and tomorrow then goes back to work and my routine will be back to normal. It always throws me off when he is here. I went to town yesterday and bought the kids a big trampoline. They love it, but not all the rules mommy set. Too bad for them, I dont want anyone in a cast for the summer.. or god forbid worse! One at a time and only if mommy is outside.. doesnt seem too strict to me.
Hmm what else... Oh ya my hubby bought me a new car yesterday!!!!!! Yay now i am not stuck in the house! And it is a brand new 2005 cavalier!!! sunburst orange..(I made them hunt for that colour!) I have never had a new car in my life! So exciting!
Guess what else...it is snowing like mad here!!!! i buy the tramp and it has snowed ever since.. poor kiddies. Oh well they will have all summer!.. WEll better fly TTFN xxoo
Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Hiya ladies!!!

I've only got a few minutes here as I need to hop in the shower and get myself ready. I'm taking my grandpa up to Eugene to stay at my aunts for the night. He's leaving in the morning to go to Iowa. He'll be gone for a month.

I wasn't quite awake yet when he came over!! I heard the dogs barking and so I slowly got up and went to check out the commotion....and there was my grandpa sitting on the back patio waiting. He wanted to make sure I wasn't going to forget about him! NOT A CHANCE!!

He'll enjoy his time over there!

Anyway...I better hit the showers and take care of the dogs.

Take Care and I will be back later after work.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #8  
Dee

Smile Sooo, this is chit chat!! lol

Good Morning Ladies,

I found the chit chat, Christi, thanks!!

My condolences to Jane, I know how hard it is to lose someone close to you, hang in there!!
I was off to share some news with Pam this morning, and she must be at her fitting with the dentist....hooray!! I'll have to catch up with her later.
I'm glad to have finally found a place to share my daily happenings with others. You all seem like one big happy family!!
I have my first day at work all alone, I had my final evaluation on Friday....wheew!!
So, now I get to see how I fare by myself.....I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow.
Well, I have much to do before work at 3, so I'm off....
Keep Smiling and have a great day!

Old 05-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hello, hello, hello ladies!

DD and I just got back a few minutes ago and boy am I pooped! Will probably be ready for a nap come 4:00! Between the exercise I got in this morning and all the walking today I did good-need to get a pedometer to see how many steps I actually did. Just know my feet hurt and I am happy to be sitting. I managed to find some cute little springy shirts at Penneys, along with a pair of capri's and a gold chain! I broke my chain and have been wearing a shorter chain with the diamond pendant and it is just too short for my fat neck. They have an awesome sale going so got it for 60% off! Of course when I bought the shirts I completely forgot about Old Navy! Went there anyway and got a pair of thongs (flip flops) & a shirt. Oh, I did get V an anniversary gift! I bought him a dress watch. Will go to Dillards maybe later this week and get him some Eternity for men-think he will like that. And NO MORE shopping for a while. I will usually buy a few things each year but didn't get much of anything for a while. Now I have decided to go forward instead of waiting till I lose weight to do things. Anyway, in a chatty mood. Since I started exercising last week I have had so much more energy and feel giddy-keep talking everyone's heads off! My drivers license picture actually turned out decent too! They give you like a credit card receipt now that has your picture on it and then mail your license to you now.

Anita~WTG on the NSV! But sorry you got sick. Sounds like exactly what happened to me that one weekend not too long ago. I hope you are feeling yourself again soon.

Terri-Lee~woohoo! A new car! Yippee! I am so happy for you and those cars are nice! Bright orange eh?! Bet it is looking hot! Bet the kids will love the trampoline if the snow ever goes away.

Marti~how is your grandpa doing anyway? I hope he enjoys his visit to Iowa. We have relatives there and my mom is supposed to be going to visit for about a week in June I believe. Her and her cousin get together every year or at least every other year and they work on the geneaology stuff and visit other relatives. Glad you and James had a nice snuggly day-I too love those snuggly days. Hope you get something worked out as far as spending time with Jhanai when school gets out.

Katy~was picturing little Leigh in her little bathing suit and then kissing the coach, how sweet! Aaaahhh, can't remember what else you talked about-sorry

Mindee~hoping you guys get a three bedroom-that really would be best but nothing wrong with the two little ones sharing a room. Mine did when they were little. Actually, the boys did until one was in 9th grade and the other was in 7th grade. That's when the got territorial over the room and their things. I even gave up my room at one point so they could be separated! DD was lucky in that she had her own room from the time she was about 3 1/2. I wold have loved to have a had another girl though. Anyway, how are feeling? When do you go to the doc?

Again, Hi to everyone else Can't remember who all had posted on the last thread and what was said.

Well, I need to go look up a couple of things ladies before Jeopardy at 3:30-hope I have enough time. So take care and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-03-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hi Dee Didn't see that you had posted while I was typing that novel! Hoping work goes great for you on your first day alone! That must be exciting! Can't wait to hear about it.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #11  
PamPSM644

Denture Day turned into Postpone Day. The bottoms were fine but the tops made me look like a beaver looking for a log. To big. Front teeth have to be reduced. Yep. They feel like haveing a cup and saucer in your mouth, but it's better then a big black hole.

I see Dee made it. Thanks for giving her a welcome. This is her first night to deliver gasoline to stations by herself. My son says she's guttsy. That there are lots of truck drivers who won't drive a fuel truck because it's like driving a bomb. Also there's alot of paper work and safty proceedures to follow and some guys flunk out. DS says she learned quickly and will do just fine.

Terri-Lee got a new car. Whoopi! Is that burnt-orange that bright brassy orange I've seen occationally? VERY COOL COLOR!
PAM
Old 05-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good afternoon ladies,
Hey welcome DEE!!

Pam from what happened with my mom you may have a couple of times where you feel like you may need them to adjust them,,,but again once you are used to them you will love it!

Terri you got a new car? wahooo and bright funky orange...now that I would love to drive...and snowing? I hope you keep the snow at your end of the country...its warm here....

well should gt going on my house work,,,just got off work...NO PHONE CALL yet...*sigh getting worried...
Old 05-03-2005, 11:20 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Not much going on here except getting the house ready to sell. We try to do something every day to make improvements. I am still waiting for the weather to get nice so I can wash windows...been waiting for a couple weeks. Tomorrow I am washing all the curtains and blinds. Then will be ready for the rest if it doesn't rain. I think that is all I have to do. I weeded today as I went out for my walk. I figure if I do it often it won't get ahead of me. DH had to change a tire on my car this morning..flat as a pancake and he found a screw imbedded in it. We took his truck and went for breakfast.

Hi to everyone and sorry for not doing individuals. Sounds like you are all keeping busy. Talk soon!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:50 AM   #14  
Dee

Default I Survived!!

Well, here I am.....I made it through my first night alone...what a disaster!!!
Doesn't it always seem that when there isn't anyone around to help everything that can go wrong does??? But I guess it wasn't all that bad, I finished at 3:30 this morning, didn't drop fuel in the wrong holes, and didn't roll the truck, and Tony (nice gentleman I work with) said my evening was a success!! YIPPEEE!!!

Thanks again for the welcome...I'm really tired and can't remember who posted what...so I'll have to make up for it later.

I'll talk to you all after I get some sleep!! Nitie nite.....

Keep Smiling and have a great day!!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #15  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning! Chat Day!

Well, to answer all you lasdies yes it is that new orange/rust colour that is fairly new. Might have it by Friday. They had to ship it from another lot to get the colour! It is a love/hate colour. People really like it or they really don't. I just wanted to be different!

Ddfaire: Well glad your first night went well. My hubby is actually an instrictor for A-Z. He also teaches heavy equipment and grader courses. Welcome to the ladies!

Suetalks: Washing windows is one chore i don't mind. Dishes and laundry are another story!

Angie: Well it is sunny today, but cold. I guess better then snow. Hopefully it gets warm soon!

Pam: Yes driving a fuel truck is dangerous! Hope your top dentures are perfect when they fix them.

Cristi: Good job on all the exercise!! I went on the trampoline yesterday and i thought i was going to have a heart attack! Wow i am out of shape! Maybe if i go on there everyday i will get in shape!

Marti: How nice of you to take your grandpa. I bet he will enjoy his month visit. Hope you had a good shift!

Anita: Wow good job planning your meal! More strength then i have! I bet you felt really good about it after though!

Jane: Hope you are feeling ok. It is a hard thing to go through.

Mindee: Wow that would be nice to have a 3 bedroom, then you would have a room for each of the kids! We will cross our fingers for you!

And a big Hello to everyone else! Hope you are having a good week and it is a little warmer then mine! TTFN xxoo
Closed Thread