Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #121  
Hot Stuff

Woke up to a fresh blanket of SNOW this morning!

anagram, how perfect that your forsythia bloomed!

Today will be laundry, more purging of my wardrobe - getting rid of stuff I'm not wearing to make room for new SPRING things if we ever get the weather - and a quick trip out for closet organizer type things for DD. Her room is small (as she reminds me daily...not quite the palatial expanse she wanted) so organization is key in there. It may be small, but it is cute. I painted it hot (HOT!) pink and she has black & white zebra everywhere....fur bedspread, black floor lamp with zebra shade I made for her, zebra curtains, pictures, etc. Tres cool.

I'll check in later...have a great day!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #122  
Empress/Queen

Hale, s!!!! Sorry for not lurkin' more in the castle keep, but mishaps in the Hinterland hath kept me at bay fer many a'day!

This be a brief howdy-ho postie and it's mostly (ok, totally) about ME! Whee!

Nay, Wildfire, I be not hurt beyond an increase in stress level. Still sortin' things out, not sure where they are at re either fixin' or replacin' my car. The other party was not hurt either, so that's all to the good.

Am down another .6, making a total of 9.4 (I think) in 9 weeks of sugar bustin' ... I know without a shadow of a doubt that if I did not go off this plan (my slightly modified version of Sugar Busters) last week, I never will. Hopefully, I'll have a bigger loss next week, but am happy with .6.

Your dd's room really does sound cool. You can come and paint my house hot pink next. I'd love it.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:02 PM   #123  

EmpressA - how totally great that you are down 9.4 (or so) in 9 weeks. How absolutely fab!!!

And Wildfire - the hot pink with zebra sounds way too cool. Your chicklet will NEVER want to leave home!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:45 PM   #124  
Hot Stuff

Quiet in the Court today.

I'll post pictures of the hot pink zebra room when we get it all finished. She complains the room is too small while I'm thinking to myself I would LOVE that room...very cozy, perfect for lounging and reading.

Woke up to...uh-huh...MORE @#$#@$% SNOW this morning. At least it was mild and got up above freezing this afternoon. Enough already!

Had a delish stir-fry for dinner with orange-ginger sauce.

Hope all is well...getting a little paranoid...I come back, everyone leaves...
Old 03-21-2005, 09:03 PM   #125  
Momma Frog

hey girlies!

Spring like temps here for the next couple of days.

DH and I tried the low carb thing again (like I was doing before I got pregnant) I gained 8lbs in a week. So we quit. I don't know what WOE will work now. Nothing else had until I did low carb, and I had lost 70lbs!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:29 PM   #126  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Anagramatic!

Hi, Frogger!

Sorry this is another flybye postie, just got in from 12-hour day and flipped on TV to get some noise in here, Dr. Wayne Dyer is on TV and was saying something about how you can't be what you want to be if you put harmful substances in your body ... since Sugar Busters, I know what he is talking about.

Later, in an interview (pledge drive) he said something else, an affirmation I think he was recommending: "I want to feel good and I refuse to have any thoughts other than this."

Yup.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:33 AM   #127  

Default Its Official!

The scale moved .... I am officially at goal....

Very surreal...as though I don't believe it... in fact, that is exactly what it feels like... that I'm not convinced....
hmmmmmm

I owe more than I can say to all you... for reminding me daily that my journey is one that so many share.... that the biggest part is just to continue....

Wildfire-- it just seems empty! Not to worry, I am sure once the other royals get a break from their royal duties they will be by to share....
and the zebra room sounds very exotic! Lucky kid, I felt like I was decorating when I was allowed to put some posters up!

Empress---Good for you! I have to hand it to you, you have been an inspiration to me, making me realize that if the hammer you are using isn't working, try another or MAYBE, its not a hammer you need but a screwdriver....

Frogger-- My first guess is that your pregnancy hormones might still be in the palace and you may need to make adjustments.... Personally, I prefer and feel fuller w/ good carbs but I know other folks who love the lo lo carb plans....But a good piece of whole wheat bread toasted w/ a big bowl of soup is more up my alley ..... You'll find a plan that works for you... I know it!

Anagram! Can you believe this weather?? And tomorrow is supposed be very heavy rains! let me dig those boots back out!

To everyone.... lots of good thoughts today... Tuesday!!!

Thought of the Day:

"I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
---Jimmy Dean

Question of the day :

"Name a time you changed your mind and are glad you did."

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #128  
Momma Frog

Good Morning Royals! How is everyone today?

Sydney says thanks for all the hugs, she loves squeezes! She's learning to do it herself. She'll put her hands or her arms on each side of your neck and squeeze a little bit. Sydney hugs are the best, I highly recommend them.

Kaylets-GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL
(said in the spanish channel's soccer anouncer's voice) Congratulations!

Not sure what plan is going to work for me, but I am going to start doing my belly dancing DVD's again and trying to walk when I get home. It's a start anyway

QOD: (And you girls helped me with this decision) I wasn't going to leave my old job, I had discussed it with DH and I had made a decision to just stick it out until after the baby was born. BUT came here and laid my case out. I left that stressful non appreciative environment, 5 months pregnant, no future full time job to go to and I'm glad I did. I worked part time as a cashier just to make a few $. I did find a wonderful company who accepted me prego and all and I didn't pay but my co-pay for the hospital! They are "family comes first" kinda company. Even though I don't like the client site that I am at, it won't last long. They don't like leaving their people out in the field too long. YEAH!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #129  
deleted2

I'm battling a stuffy head right now, but wanted to pop in and congratulate our Kaylets! Well done!!!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 07:18 PM   #130  
Hot Stuff

YAHOOOOO, KAYLETS!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:35 AM   #131  

Hello all!

Thanks for the congrats! Its great to think that you understand the impact of seeing THE number on the scale. I only shared w/ a few at work as most of them thought I was "done" a year ago.... in fact, one told me I was getting "bony" ( Interesting how a 40 D could be bony but in all her fairness, hse remembers me at my highest so it IS a big difference)....

I think for so many of us, part of our journey is learning that not only is it ok to reach out and ask for help and support, it is also a real lesson in losing the guilt and shame many of us carry about being overweight....

I wonder if women feel this more than men...

And then I remember, that awhile ago, I was saying very much the same thing... and WoodNymph, am still honored that you carry that quote in your signature line....

I know for me, its take a long, long time to REALLY understand, its not about my lack of control of what I eat but how what I eat can control me.....

Thought of the day :

"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful."
---Annette Funicello

Question of the day :

"Have you ever been on a cruise?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Kaye
Old 03-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #132  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi all! Feeling a bit stuck and glum today but doing what I can to feel better. Had a mini sugar binge yesterday afternoon. When will I learn that I always feel worse afterwards? It adds so much to my stress level. Also didn't manage to exercise yesterday, and I really NEED to exercise every day. Woke up in the middle of the night thinking "What am I doing? I'll never get this weight off, etc. and so on." When I think of the momentary comfort that the treat gives me as compared to the continuing weight problem and stress... Surely to god a reasonably intelligent person should be able to make that connection? I know when I've been sugar and wheat free for a little while it gets so much easier. Back on wagon I go!

I got a message from a newslist that I belong to that sums things up pretty nicely. I'll append it at the end of this.

Kaylets, that's FANTASTIC!!! I think Frogger said it best: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL

Amarantha, I so agree about the toxic substances that keep us from being our best selves. Absolutely true. I AM a different person when I'm off wheat (it's toxic for me, not everyone) and sugar. Remember the "Twinkie defence?" I read an interesting article about unhealthy veg. oils and links to aggression and violence. It was because they negate the positive effects of omega 3s. Must see if I can find it online...

Ok -- can't find the one I read, because it's in a for-pay part of the newspaper, but this is similar: http://www.westonaprice.org/children/childviolence.html

Frogger, so glad that you found better employment! Life's too short to hate our work, right?

Wildfire, not to worry about the quiet in the palace. Has been sporadically like that lately. I love hearing about your new house!

Eydie, take care of that stuffy head -- baby yourself, baby! As I recall, we both just HAD a cold recently. Hope you feel better soon!

Well, DGS is coming over for the day, so I'd best finish up some paying work whilst i can do so uninterrupted. Love to all, mentioned or un- ... Let's take this day and do our level best with it.

I'll copy that message in a separate window, methinks...

Last edited by Arabella; 03-23-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #133  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default The Pursuit of Pleasure vs. Happiness

Carol Solomon, Ph.D.

One could argue, as the Dalai Lama has, that the purpose
of life is to seek happiness.

Every day, we are faced with a multitude of decisions to
make. And even with good intentions, we don't always
make the choice that we know is "good" for us.

The "right" choice is often one that sacrifices pleasure.

Many of us struggle with how much pleasure to allow in our
lives.

At least pleasure is something we can recognize - the raw
feel of a hot bath on a frosty day, a massage following a
hard workout, a cool breeze on a warm night, or the touch
of a loved one.

Then there is the other side of pleasure - the side that can
turn destructive . . . the exhilaration of an alcohol high, the
numbness of a sugar binge, an unrestrained shopping
spree.

While there may be no easy solutions to these very real
issues, we must come to terms with them.

The reason that "just say no!" doesn't work comes in the
word "no". This seemingly simplistic approach is
associated with a sense of denying ourselves, of giving
something up.

A better approach is found in the words of the Dalai Lama.
"Will it bring me happiness?"

This simple question can be used in every decision, large
or small. Whether you are deciding whether to have that
3rd chocolate chip cookie or to change careers, you can
shift your focus from what you are denying yourself to what
you are pursuing.

If we approach decisions with this simple difference in
mind, it makes it easier to give up things that are ultimately
harmful even if they give us momentary pleasure.

Will this bring me pleasure or happiness?

Happiness is stable and persistent, despite life's slings and
arrows, and everyday mood shifts.

With this perspective in mind, it is easier to make healthy
choices, because we are acting to give ourselves
something as opposed to denying or withholding from
ourselves.

There is nothing wrong with seeking pleasure.

Some of us need to allow more pleasure in our lives.

But keeping in mind what your choices will bring you goes
a long way toward embracing life in the pursuit of
happiness.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #134  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

Short postie. Co-worker quit..........I think she'd planned it for a while...little things I've since put together lead me to this conclusion. She picked her time, but I think her hand was forced slightly by my manager. Quit while I was on vacation. And right before March Break. I had to do all the programming...no big deal..But I think she was trying to stick it to me. Still is. I have a complaint against me at the Union level from her also to deal with tomorrow. Give me strength.

Empress A, glad you're OK. Wildfire...glad the move went well. Arabella...more snow down east? I finally have seen some robins and killdeer here. Cute tadpole Frogger.....you sound so happy. Kaylets...my hero! Goal!!!!! Ya Ha! Anagram, the exercise Queen! I have to start that again. Eydie....a little binge don't hurt...just don't make it a daily occurence. You're doin' great! Wsw where thee'd be? Seecat? Hanging in there?

Busy. Local show this week-end, (I work this one not exhibit), I've had the dreaded (and still have) cold, with fever and greenies...actually slept for 2 days...Sunday and Monday...and I have a ***** in season to be bred. Yeah......I think I'm tired. So gotta go. Will peruse the posts with greater intensity later...'Gator!

Ceara
Old 03-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #135  
Momma Frog

Good evening all! Not much to post tonight. Just checking in.

Keep pluggin along!!!
Closed Thread