Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 09:45 PM   #16  

Oh no, long long message just lost due to vagaries of something. Short version:

Welcome WSW - so great to see you're up to posting and getting back on track.

Lovely weekend w/family here (except DDIL and DSIL). Nice vibes all around but I'm tired.

Best news and icing on cake is that some of DHs labs were IMPROVED (others worse) and these were critical to dialysis decision. So as of now, it looks like he's bought another month until next lab work. Two old people were dancing happy.

Bad on diet last two days. Been happy w/weigh ins up until then. Won't weigh in again for a while. Too chicken.

Sorry for short, non-responsive version. Hope this one makes it through.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:55 AM   #17  
deleted2

wsw, glad to hear you're doing better. Please check in when you can, okay?

Anagram, such excellent news! I'm happy for both of you!

SeeCat, great job on the exercise!!! What kinds of things are you doing?

Hi Kaylets! Regarding the ? about coupons: I always have intentions to use coupons but they usually expire before I remember to bring them with me. Oh well....

We're still missing Cerise, Ceara, Wildfire, Punkin, Arabella, Amarantha...who else? I know I'm missing someone.

I've been so sick [a really wretched cold] since Wednesday. I feel like I'm fianlly coming out of it today. I'm at that stage where I still feel lazy and sleepy, so it's going to take some intentional exercise to shake me out of the doldrums. I've only wanted to sleep and snork these past few days. I will say this: God bless Nyquil! I wouldn't have slept at all without it!

Old 02-20-2005, 10:53 AM   #18  
Empress/Queen

I am around, E, lost 1.4 pounds ... need I say more of how I'm feelin' ...

Later, gators!
Old 02-20-2005, 01:31 PM   #19  
deleted2

That's GREAT! Cheers for the Empress!

Old 02-21-2005, 11:34 AM   #20  

Default Hi Honey, I'm HOME!

Hi Honey! -- Slamming the door and flopping onto the chair with big thud

Feels like I've been gone forever !

Ok!

Are you ready???

And a one, and a two......

HERE WE GO MONDAY, HERE WE GO!!

Empress!! YOU'VE GOT THE POWER! YIKES ! Didnt that come straight out of the pre Disco days??
You have done it!

Eydie-- Keep an eye on that cold, round here, its moving like wildfire and folks get bronchitits very quickly. Hospital beds full up.

Anagram-- Which makes me GLAD you had your getaway last week... You're like me, ( only more so) keeping an extra vigilant eye towards our DH...

And yes, how is everyone ??

YOU ARE ALL MISSED!!

ok....

Dh let me sleep this morning but I woke up about 5:30... He thought I was going to keep sleeping so he even put his own lunch together-- which isnt hard, and is really breakfast and lunch but sure made my morning simpler. Right after DH left, I started playing "Beat the garbageman" as fast as I could as I thought w/ the holiday and our "slush" they might come thru early.
Even got the vacuum cleaner bag out!

In a few minutes, I am going to leave and meet a friend for lunch. I had a good lo pt breakfast and an apple, and about 2 cups of airpopped popcorn so staying busy this morning helped too....

Am thinking I might check out the Goodwill store .... A week ago I found a brand new Causal Corner navy blue wool slacks....

I'm looking for jeans in a smaller size, am hoping I bump into some today....

off to lunch...

KETTLE IS ON!
( in fact, did I tell you that Stash decaf chai is the best?)
Old 02-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #21  
wsw

anagram-so happy to hear dh got another month's reprieve for dialysis!

eydie-sorry to hear you have had a bad cold! hope you're feeling all better soon.

amarantha-congrats on the weight loss, empress!

kaylets- hope you found the jeans you were looking for in a smaller size---pretty neat!

hi wildfire! and to all the remaining royals, hope your evening is pleasant.

raining here all day, so didn't mind being stuck inside today. my eating wasn't the greatest, but i did exercise. better food choices planned for tomorrow. well, take care, all.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:37 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Wsw!!!! It is good to "see" thee and soundeth as though thou hadst a pleasant, relaxing day in thy castle. Thanks for the congrats!

Thank thee, too, K!!! Thy day off soundeth so wonderful.

Queens, an odd thing happened today when I went to do my four hours in one of our little newsrooms before coming back to finish this week's stuff at home ... but I can't post about it as it may be recognizable to someone who might be lurking, so ... well, suffice to say I feel a bit troubled about a coworker.

Later, Gator Queens!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #23  

Durn - lost a nice cheerful post again. Says can't find server but still connected. Wish I knew more about this stuff.

No time now so I'll just say "hi" to all.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #24  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Feh! Sick again. And I was so excited about all the stuff I was going to do/get done while DH was away. Ah well... Trying to gently get a grip on housework/diet with some success. Gradually getting house clean and eating closer to the ideal.

Anagram, how horrible to lose your posts! I sometimes write my posts in Word before I enter them here. Of course those are never the times that they get lost I'm so happy about your DH's results!

Kaylets, look at you looking for a smaller size of jeans! You've had such fantastic success and it's SO well deserved -- KUDOS!!!

Eydie, is your cold better? Look after yourself!

WSW, how lovely to see you! I sometimes really enjoy a cozy day inside while the rain comes down outside.

Amarantha -- 1.4 fluffy ones gone forever! Congrats to you!

K - I'm heading back to the couch. Have to make up my mind whether I'm going to just take the afternoon off or do some work. When I don't make up my mind, I end up not really committing to either, so that I never really relax and don't get anything done either.... hmm.... I think I'll print off some stuff to read to get my head around some concepts....

Love you all, mentioned or not, present and accounted for or AWOL. Let's take this day and do the best we can with it...

Old 02-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #25  
deleted2

They say confession is good for the soul, right? Well, girls--my weight is mysteriously up. Or maybe not so mysteriously. I was doing so well on the Radiant Recovery program and then I kind of lost faith; felt like I was eating too much saturated fat and pulled back from it, and now Ive gained almost 5 pounds in a month!!!!

Trying not to panic.........

I was doing so well on my plan and then I blew it!

crud.

Old 02-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #26  
wsw

hi all!

arabella- i hope you are feeling better asap!

eydie-remember it is all relative. think of what a great job you have been doing for so long now, with reaching and then maintaining your goal weight. perspective is not always easy to keep in mind, or at least not for me, anyway.

speaking of perspective---i am trying to maintain mine. i was very stressed today, thinking about financial concerns(on-going, nothing new) and felt pretty whiny this afternoon. the good news was that i remained op, and exercised, and am feeling much less freaked out. i did my deep breathing, which helped too. well, have a good evening, one and all. take care.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #27  

Hello All!

Yes, WSW, perspective, Eisntein theory, seeing things in a different light, its soooooooooo true......
I too often have that stomach prickling that finanicial worries can create....
Sometimes I literally have to force myself to deep breathe, image, and stop projecting.....
I know for sure, its much worse when I've had too much caffeine.... and these days, 2 coffee mugs worth is the limit!

Eydie-- ouch, that must sting! Another one of those mysterious body secrets!
And here I was having a pity party about my traditional monthly increase....
As much as none of us want to hear it nor believe.... Its part of the process...
I truly believe we are in constant flux and just don't see it....
And hope you're on the feeling better side of that cold

Arabella--Yes, I can relate to sitting on the edge of the chair " not really" relaxing but then again " too tired to get anything done" .... spoils a lot for me too...

Empress: How goes it?? You never mention the storms I'm seeing so much of on the news... Is El Nino affecting your part of the very hot place?

Thought of the day :

"Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell".

Question of the day :

"Name you favorite time of the day."
---from "Once A Month Cooking" by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:38 AM   #28  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Royal Personages!
I feel like I might recover today, still sick but not so sick that I have no capacity to enjoy anything. My ideal sickness is when I'm too sick to do anything but lie in bed and read novels and magazines, but not able to work. V. fine balance, seldom achievable. I'll work a bit today, but am not going to knock myself out, esp. since I think that's what's largely responsible for my being ill in the first place...

WSW, I admire you so much for turning that stress around. I was just thinking yesterday that I might feel better if I had the gumption to work at it. And then I thought, yeah, well I don't Glad that's passed! At least I didn't do anything to make me feel worse, like jump into a vat of icecream to find the pecan pie at the bottom... Ok -- not going to talk about that any more, as it still sounds good. What I kept reminding myself was that it would make me feel much worse, ultimately. Which it would. Onward!

Kaylets, love that TOTD -- so true! Sometimes it gets really tiresome trying to wait long enough for temptation to give up and go away. Re: favorite time of day -- It can certainly vary, but I love the ends of the day; right now my best is early morning while the house is asleep and I can center myself, think my thoughts, and prepare for the day.

Eydie, I'm curious (some might say nosy) -- when you weren't doing the SB thing, how was your diet different? I bet this is a very temporary increase -- and, in any case, wow! Look where you are -- in those few fluctuating pounds around your goal weight where all very successful dieters wind up.

Amarantha, you are SUCH a tease! Don't you know that enquiring minds would want to know? However, I do hope that the coworker problem isn't serious.

Ok. If I'm well enough to post, I guess I'm well enough to work. Off to the salt mines! Love to all, mentioned or unmentioned. Let's take this day and do our level best with it.

Old 02-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #29  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation

Mornin' all!

Just a quick wander through...I do check once in a while, but am very stressed and of course way off programme...I also am having co-worker problems...niggly stuff that makes me question the motives.

Glad you are doing so well wsw....and Empress A....Arabella has gotten herself outta the snow and into a cold? Again? Eydie!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!! Our bodies are a temple and I wonder sometimes just what goes on in there! Keep with your goals girl! You are one of my heroes!

Awakening time last week...my 36 year old cousin had a heart attack...no high blood pressure, no cholesterol problems..everything appeared to be normal and ke-boom. His grandmother (my aunt) died in her early 30's of what I just was told was a massive heart attack....no autopsy so that is just a doctor's opinion at the time....of course she'd seen that same doctor earlier in the day and been sent home...typical...I was quite young at the time and remember hearing that it was an anyurism (?) in her brain. When I said that to my Mom she wanted to know who told me that...of course I don't remember...I was only 9 and how did I know a word like that at that age? I can't even spell it now!!!! Anyway I think this is weighing on me. And I need to get outta this funk!

So I am off this morning to try and have a meeting with my manager.....I am really having some problems with this new probationary employee. Questioning my own role in things...jeez.

Wildfire...are you moved yet? I know you must be so excited about the new house finally happening. Kaylets...smaller jeans? I missed that somehow...congrats! Seecat, you are on a streak! Anagram...good news on the dialysis...and how is the swimming these days...I think of you everytime I rush off to work with half wet hair! Where are Cerise and Punkin? The west coast hasn't fallen off yet.......or did I miss something else?

Anyway, must run and make some notes for this am......I should be making notes anyway I guess.

Ta!

Ceara
Old 02-24-2005, 09:00 AM   #30  
deleted2

Good morning! Woke up this morning with a sudden drop in my weight. Down to 134---I know, I know, I panicked before! Felt so good to make the decision to go back to Radiant Recovery. To answer your question, Arabella, when I went off the plan, I just wasn't planning my meals as well and not making sure I got in adequate protein for my weight--most of all, I was really spooked by all the extra saturated fat I was taking in. That is, being a vegetarian I was turning to cheese quite a bit as my protein source. And I was also getting a little irked by one or two of the really hard-core by-the-book folks over at the RR message boards!

Ceara, sorry to hear you're having co-worker difficulties, and very sorry to hear about your cousin. So young, that's always a shock.

Did I mention that this Tuesday I'm getting my first mammogram? I'm almost 42 and finally getting around to it--don't scold me please! I'm kinda scared! Any advice? I have petite boobage and am afraid of getting squished!

Closed Thread