Old 01-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies! I am back... got back into town late last night.. today, I've been trying to unpack the girls and I (I got them back this afternoon) and doing laundry. Tomorrow I go back to work, not ready for reality yet.. but I guess it will be OK.

I'll post more later.. I had a great time, it was beautiful there... I ate way too much... I fell and hurt my shoulder a bit, it should be fine, just injured an old injury, and we are making plans to go to Wolf Creek in Febuary for the weekend to ski some more!

Anyway... I need to get back on track.. after seeing my Skiing pictures... I feel like a fat cow. I'll upload them to shutterfly tomorrow and post the link so you can see how beautiful it is there!

(((HUGS))) I missed you all! Noelle.. I like that car.... did you get something NEW for XMAS???????

Talk to you tomorrow!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #17  

Hello Everyone.. it's my Monday, and I am still trying to get back in the swing of things here. I am going to start back on my diet on Thursday. I can't weigh in until then, so I figured that would be a good time to jump back into that as well.

Here are my pictures from my trip. It was beautiful... but I am really glad to be home! :-)

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMW7Jm3buGjCCA

Kempy, I hope you are feeling better! Glad you had a great trip to CA.

Angie.. I need to go look at your pictures.. I haven't had time yet.. but I am glad you are back too!

Noelle and Julie.. thanks for keeping the thread going! I missed you guys.

Cal I am keeping your family and friends in my prayers. Those two assignments would be awfully difficult.

OK Ladies... back to work here.... Time to get serious huh? :-) Talk to you soon!

Cherie
Old 01-04-2005, 01:07 PM   #18  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Cherie! Wow, your pictures were beautiful. I've never been anywhere like that in the snow...well, I did go to Mount Hood, OR once, but it was just to have lunch at the lodge or something. The snow in the village pics remind me of a Christmas card. I know, it's probably not such a big deal to any of you, but we don't get much snow in Hawaii--unless you're at the top of Mauna Kea on the big island, but you'd still have to venture above 13K feet. *sigh* I have to let you know that your pic on the first day my first thought was "I didn't know she brought Hannah along" Honest! You look so young I thought I was looking at a pic of your daughter And honey, if you look that good in bulky ski clothes, you're by no means a cow. You look great and I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Sucks to have to put your nose back to the grindstone though, eh? Take care of that shoulder. Whereabouts is Wolf Creek? Oh yeah, sadly, no, I did not get that pretty black pony for Christmas. I've been dreaming about it though. It's not practical for me but still I want...

Kempy, I didn't know Fitday had those time/weight charts, I guess I haven't visited their site for so long. I looked up my weight change and let's just say that i gained what I did when I got pregnant--and I wasn't even pregnant this time! Yikes! I'm starting my 2nd OP day and I'm even more encouraged by seeing those discouraging numbers at Fitday WE CAN DO THIS!!! I saw that RV show. Those were amazing! If I had somewhere to drive to around here I'd buy one

Julie are you feeling better today? I'm getting the 3-day before PMS headaches right now. Let's think only good and happy thoughts today :

Angie, are you guys back to work already? Kids back in school? I hate going back to work after a long vacation.

Well, I gotta get up and running this morning...I'll be back later. Hello to Cal and Summer Hope to see you around soon.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #19  

Hello girls

Noelle yup, headache gone, yes and positive thought today, have to be....3rd day being OP. Just have to drink more h2o!

Cherie great to see you back again. Your pictures are beautiful. Just wonderful. The lodge looks cozy and comfy. I agree with Noelle I think you look great.

Hi everyone else sorry this is short but kind of busy today. Check back later. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:25 PM   #20  

Cherie what plan are going to be starting on Thursday? The just being good plan . I am trying to do a kind of sbd diet thing. I know I ate way too much sugar and salt the last month. Well time to go drink some more water and clean up lunch. Ds had school this am, they didn't want to get up after Christmas break....along with everyone else. I wanted to say Alan looks like a really nice man. And cute too! Well just popping in. I am trying to think of something good to have for supper with no temptations. Speaking of tempations dh baked more sugar cookies last night....ugh but they are in the freezer away from me and when someone wants one I will just take them out and frost one .
Old 01-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #21  

Awww Noelle... you made my day... you too Julie! well... to be honest here.. I don't know what I weigh.... (will weigh in on Thursday) but my 10 jeans are way too tight, so I figure I am wearing size 12/14 pants, large shirts and I am probably hitting 160 pounds at 5 foot 2 inches. SOOOOOOOOO....... I want to first get back down to 130, and then evaluate my status then. I have to be honest somewhere, and I figure I can do it here and not feel ashamed.... so I am looking forward to this new year and having all of your support!

Julie.. it was wonderful there.. I would have liked to have seen more snow.. but it was nice, the mountains were gorgeous and I got spoiled! Everything was paid for, I ended up spending 45 dollars on some Tee Shirts and a sweatshirt, and 13 for lunch one day... my friend Alan paid for everything else.... He is such a sweetheart.

Noelle.... Snow is a big deal... I hardly get to see it either... and I think it's beautiful.. watching it fall.. being out in it.. it was great. 13,000 feet? WHOA! and I thought being 11, 000 feet was high!!! Wolf Creek is still in Colorado.. their tag line is " The Most Snow in Colorado". Last year that definately was the case as we got 41 inches the weekend we were there. My sister's company has condo's there so I can get a two bedroom for three nights for 114.00. (Yes, that is ALL THREE NIGHTS!) Employee rate.. she is looking for a new job, so I am hoping I can take advantage of that before she moves to a new company!

Anyway... back to work here.... Getting geared up for the Orange Bowl tonight.... Boomer Sooners! ;-)

Talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 01-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #22  

Welcome back Cherie. I love the pics. Eveything is so beautiful. I agree you guy are so cute. I wish we would see snwo liek that sometimes. I think if that happened here though the whole town would freeze up. We don't know how to deal with that kind of stuff. Now let it rain and we can drive around in it all day. You would think we are all turing into fish.

Noelle I am on the 2nd day too. I just finished what I am going to eat today. I did just have a temptation though. i was putting up my fruit in the fridge and I saw some sour dough bread from San Fransico. I love that stuff so much. I picked it up to see if it would be ok for me to eat but I think I need to pass it up this late in the day.

Julie Step away from the cookies! At least they are in the freezer. Are you going to watch biggest loser tonight. I am all ready to start my crying. I love it though.

Angie girl where are you today? Are you lost under all of your laundry from the trip?

Well, I am going to sit my butt in front of the TV for a bit. I will try to check in later. If not I will chat tomorrow.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:53 AM   #23  

( My team is a LOSER!! A Sooner Loser that is. Boy they sucked last night. I ended up going to bed during the third quarter... they were getting their butt spanked big time last night.

Guess what I got last night? A new watch! I went over to Alan's house and he was showing me the stuff he got for the game... etc.. and next thing I know, I have this silver box with a big huge blue bow on it. See.... when we met two and one half years ago, I had this watch.... I bought it back in 93, so it's fairly old.. scratched but still worked. Anyway... the battery died, and on our first big overnight date to Dallas, we got me a battery. Well, last week, while I was in Colorado, that battery died. He was wanting to get me a new battery, but at the time, I didn't have my watch with me, I had placed it in my makeup bag. So.... last night... I opened my present, and he said he bought me a battery. Just had a different watch around it. I was so surprised! He is a sweetheart. Either that or he was tired of looking at my old, scratched up, gold rubbed off silver watch.

It's icing here... we are in the middle of an ice storm. My girls school is closed today, but luckily their day care is open. Where I am, it's not so bad (work is south of OKC) but where I live (North of OKC) all the trees were doubled over with ice, and the bridges were getting bad. Temps are going to keep dropping here so all this precip that we have been getting overnight and this morning is going to start freezing today.

Congrats to you girls that are OP!!!! Tomorrow I will start. Today, I have already bombed... with this ice, I didn't get to make my lunch and breakfast.. so I grabbed a diet coke.. and had a candy bar in my purse. Tomorrow!

Angie.... where are you? How does hubby like his new snowmobile? I was wanting to try those last week, but we ran out of time.... I think they would be so much fun!

Kempy, are you feeling better? Julie, you too? I need to go find a recap of the Biggest Loser and see what happened last night.... who got voted out??

OK... I better get to work here.. I may have to leave early and pick up the girls if it gets worse.

Everyone.. have a great Wednesday!

Cherie
Old 01-05-2005, 10:00 AM   #24  

Cherie that is so sweet. He is such a great guy. I think you should keep him Muarice got sent home last night but they all went home too. They have to be on their own for 2 more months and then they will weight in again live. I bet Kelly kicked their butts. I just don't think Gary is going to lose anymore weight. He is already at a low number. At least to me. I think it is going to be against Kelly and Ryan. I bet next week is going to be great to watch.

Julie I ended up eating the bread with breakfast this morning. I knew it wouldn't be so bad if I had it first thing. The scale was down this morning. I am pretty sure it is water weight but I will take what I can get.

I have an eye exam this morning so I need to get dressed. Angie I hope to see you post today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #25  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls! Cherie, Your pics are so pretty. I want to go to Colorado some day. Maybe during the summer though. You are so tiny and cute by the way.

Kempy, Congrats on getting on track. Did you have a nice time in California?

Noelle, Congrats on you for getting OP too. I am so proud of you guys. Sickly enough, I have been back to work since Sunday afternoon. YUCK!

Julie, How much snow do you guys have now? We came home and there was none. Jay was so mad because he wants to go riding on his snowmobile. We have a little bit now but it still isnt enough. It is cold though that is for sure.

We went and bought some laminate floor like I put in my livingroom yesterday. I am going to rip up the carpet in the RV this spring and lay that. Maybe it will remove some of the cig smoke smell. GROSS!! I know I can never smoke again after this vacation. I wanted to puke every day. We also want to take the bed out of the bedroom and put in a sleep sofa. This way there is room in there for the dogs when we leave and they dont have to be on the bed or in their crates.

I am starting my diet on Monday since I had to jump into work the day after I got home so I havent been grocery shopping yet.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #26  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies. I had a hiccup in my OP day yesterday. I waited too long in between breakfast and lunch, then attacked a bag of flamin' hot cheetos (which wasn't even that good) with the kids in the afternoon, then some m&m's. The kids go back to school today so no more candy cr@p lying around the house. It felt like my head knew what I was doing was wrong, but my hands and mouth weren't listening. It's weird sometimes, how the 2nd day is rough. I don't feel defeated though so the positive mindset is there for me to start again today.

Kempy/Julie I caught the weigh-in portion of the Biggest Loser, when Gary surpassed Kelly by .2%. I hope she stays in too. I don't always watch that show so Im glad you guys mentioned it. Ah, the benefits of time zone difference.

Julie, Alan is a sweetie. Now you can think of him all the 'time', get it? Sorry, I couldn't help it. Be careful out there! Ice on the roads sounds so scary to drive in. Be safe. The scariest things we've got on the roads in HI are the giant potholes and the drivers.

Angie you are so good at redoing floors and painting, Rick could use a good hand w/his remodels. Wanna move to HI? No snow for Jay but we do have volcanoes!

Summer how is your New Year starting out?

Cal, you too.

Well ladies, gotta get a jump on this day. Michael's first day back. See ya later.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #27  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, I just got word from a friend that Motley Crue is adding another month of tour dates. You think Mick Mars will make it through? Oh yeah, how about that red kangaroo roaming around Dodgeville, WI? That was too funny. Where the heck did that come from? I heard they caught it about 2 hrs ago.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:30 PM   #28  

Noelle, I asked my dh about that animal thing....I guess it was true!! Someone had it as a pet as far as I know. Come on now, what ever happend to a bird, fish, dog and a cat? lol....is motley crue coming to HI? I wonder if they are going to be in Vegas when you and Rick are going?

Oh girls I am tired. I am a cleaning freak today. I washed the sheets, quilts, dusted, scrubbed sinks, vaccumed the basement, picked up every single darn toy, made homemade chicken and gravy and biscuits from scratch. My hands are so dry from cleaning they are cracking! Ouch. Still did not get my shower curtains washed yet. Now there are brownies in the oven, I might just have one. I feel like I got a workout today between the kiddos and housework. Okay I will make it a small one. haha....
I hope everyone is having a good day. I am pooped. Check back later girls!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #29  

Hello Ladies,

Today was a 1/2 day at school (every Wed is for teacher inservice). I kind of like it, except that I'd like to leave early once in awhile.

We had quite a storm last night; even had a tornado warning for the area where I live (northwest part of Phoenix). We got lots of rain, hail, thunder, and lightning. There wasn't a funnel cloud, but there was rotation in the clouds. I got a picture of Ashley holding a ball of ice. As soon as I can I'll post the picture.

This morning hubby had a seizure. He hadn't had one in over 5 years. We were taken by surprise by this turn of events. He is doing better, just very tired. So far, Ashley has never seen him have a seizure; I do worry about having to tell her or having her witness one. We have never found out why he has seizures, but we know that they only happen at night. Just something to live with I suppose.

Nice and sunny today. Kids at school were a little better behaved. I held the lunch detention room today; the other 7th grade teachers and I rotate the days we have lunch detention; boy, they do not like to have me for detention. I make them stand facing the wall and they have to eat their lunch that way; they are not allowed to set anything down and they have to figure out how to open their milk (or anything else) with only one hand. They also have to call their parents and tell them that they are in detention and why. I deliberately make it miserable so I don't have to see the same ones more than once or twice. So far it's working great.

Hope everyone is doing great. I'm trying so hard to eat right. I want so much to lose weight. I'm getting so down about this. My sister is thinking about the surgery, but I don't want to do that. My neighbor and I are thinking about doing weight watchers together; we both have cookbooks and she has the point cards, etc. Neither one of us can afford to join, but we can at least try the menus and do our best. I's like to go to a gym, but it's very difficult to go alone. We are planning to go to Italy for Christmas, so I have this year to lose as much as I can. I also want to feel healthier and not so tired and stressed. Hubby is supportive (for which I am grateful). He says he just loves me not my looks, but he worries about my health, even though right now I am healthy. I worry as well, not so much for me, but for Ashley. I even cry sometimes because I look at her and I think that someday she is going to be embarrassed to be with me because of the way I look. I'm so glad I have all of you to talk to. I'm sorry if I've brought anyone down. I guess I just needed to get it off my chest. (Although my chest is one place I really don't need to lose)

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #30  

Cal my dear don't be so down on yourself. You are a great person with a great personality! Ashley and your husband love you. FOR YOU! Remember that okay? Because you are you, plain and simple . But I understand you want to lose weight to have energy and get healthy, you will get there, okay? And no you did not bring me down, you made me laugh about the chest thing. Its always the first place to lose for me .

Well girls it is rough weather in our state today. Some areas got up to ten -twelve inches of snow. We got about four to six. I called my ds in because my husband said before he left from work do not drive in this weather....I think we got around six inches and about one more before noon today. I feel bad because I want him to go but driving 5-7 miles which would take probally a half hour to get there is just not worth getting in a fender bender and getting hurt. But I still feel guilty, but ds is happy for a snow day. I can't believe they did not cancel am classes! Crazy what are they thinking?, they will probally cancel it on a day when there is only 2 inches . Check back later on!