Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:11 PM   #46  

I have the Leslie 2 mile, 1996 version which has a very dated set, but the work out is good. I also have the 3 mile circa 2001 or so, work out partners are dressed in yellow and orange. It has some work w/ weights in the 3rd mile. It's ok. My favorite is the 4 mile Walk away the pounds express. I love her workout partners in it. They are my imaginary friends. I especially love Carol with the short red hair who has lost 60 pounds and is in her 50's. She is my idol, as she is over 50, fit and adorable. If you do the whole 4 miles it takes an hour, but on days I don't have time I just do 2 miles, which is about 30 minutes plus I add on a few minutes for cool down and stretches.

Re: Christmas preparations - I'm in a world of trouble. My home decor hasn't progressed beyond the kitchen and a wreath by the door. We went to the tree farm last Sunday and got the tree, but in our post Christmas party stupor, we didn't manage to get it put up or decorated. It's out in the barn, waiting for someone to put it in the tree stand. I have a few presents bought for DD and DS's girlfriend, but no one else. All DS wants is cheap white boxers from Target. DH can't think of a thing he wants, but I think he'd like a small tv for his shop w/ a dvd player so he could watch the f'in Sopranos reruns while he's working on his cars.

I don't want to talk about young soldiers. My friend's nephew is in Iraq. He's been wounded 2 times. Last time he got shrapnel in both legs, but they're going to patch him up and keep him there. I guess you have to actually lose a leg to get to go home. Yesterday there was a funeral at a local church for one boy. It's so surreal. Vietnam all over again.

Bagzie, I want to see pictures of your liquor store!!!!

I don't have dry skin yet. I've just recently gotten over acne. I'm going in for another light peel tomorrow and in February I'm trying something called Thermage which is supposed to help w/ the sags and bags without surgery. I'm a sucker for any snake oil cure that comes down the pike. But of course you already knew that.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:48 PM   #47  

A developer type guy just brought by plans of what they would like to do with our property. They want to make it into a subdivision. gulp. We've been talking about this for a long time, but it's different to see pictures of streets right on top of where your little old farmhouse and barn are standing. Not to mention my trees and flowers. I keep asking myself if this is the right thing to do, but I sure can't figure it out. Will I be happier in a big new house a little further out of town? I'm not so sure.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:54 PM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

will you be RICH when you sell all that land??? if so,will you invite us all out to your new ranch for our annual reunion???In that case,out with the old and in with the new!!!xxoxoxo come on wabs,we only live once {as ourselves anyway,maybe next time as REAL cows}
Old 12-08-2004, 10:58 PM   #49  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Don't you think my boyfriend looks more manly in this avatar???I AM SOOOOOOOOO IN LOVE WITH KALAN!!!!!{his singing of course}you have to hear him sing Mary Did You Know ---it's on the Christmas Platinum 2 cd-------------swoooooooooon.{you can download it off one of the music sites}
Old 12-09-2004, 03:17 AM   #50  

Kitty Card arrived today with Chocolate/Caramel packet o' sin enclosed. I don't know why it takes SOOOOOOOOOOO long for things to get here. There's a massive mail distribution center just down the freeway near a big jail. Hmmm. Maybe that's a clue.

My cards are neither conceived nor executed. Do not yet begin to hold your breaths.

DD's elephant teapot arrived today from Canada/Ebay. It looks just like the photo!!

I haven't done any decorating, but I am nearly caught up on laundry... and may finish my PR/class announcement by tomorrow night.

A friend sent me the following... and I thought of y'all. (We really DO say y'all around here, y'all)

HOLIDAY EATING TIPS> >
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet
table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots,
leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt
scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch. You
can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it
has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into
an eggnog-aholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have
two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of
gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your
mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or
whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car
with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control
your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other
people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Years.
You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the
time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while
carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like
frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself
near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the
center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave
them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or,
if you don't like mincemeat, have two apple and one pumpkin. Always have
three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the
mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some
standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party
or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention.

And, I got a Snapple lid today that says starfish can turn their stomachs inside out. What's the point?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:17 PM   #51  

Painty, I luuuuv your holiday eating tips. Bunco is on Saturday so I'll be putting them in practice.

Bagzie, your idol looks infintessimally (sp??) more manly in that photo. It's ok, we know your intentions are honorable with the lad. We will be richer than we are now if we sell our land. It will mostly mean that we will have a new place, with a little more property, a little further away from town that is all paid for. There is a thing here called the urban growth boundary. Land inside it can be subdivided. Land outside it cannot. Builders are running out of property to build on and the next time the UGB can be expanded is in 20 years. This makes property inside the boundary worth a ridiculous amount. Our property is inside the boundary and ridiculous. That is, if we sell it. One way or the other everybody's invited for a reunion. Y'all don't mind sleeping in the barn do you???
Old 12-09-2004, 03:21 PM   #52  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Wabby,if the barn looks like those redone ones in Architechtural Digest we would be most delighted to attend-----------I VOTE FOR MAKING YOU RICH AND BUILDING A NEW FANCYPANTS HOUSE-----------REMEMBER,WE ARE LIVING ONCE SO MAKE IT GOOD---AND THERE IS NO FOOD IN HEAVEN SO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW PAINTY'S RULES{I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT }----------WHERE IS KIWONK??? THIS IS NOT NATURAL!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:58 PM   #53  

Our barn looks like the undone ones in Farmers Digest.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #54  
Member w/ messiest house

No, indeed, there is nothing natural about where I've been for the past day and a half. Partly on the toilet and partly hanging over it. Not nice at all. Don't know what it was from, no fever, but I was sick as a dog all day yesterday, and weak as a puppy since then. Nasty, I assure you.

Wabbit, you can only do this if it means you'll get a really nice house and someone to do the cleaning. You deserve it. Of course, don't we all?

I'm not good for much conversation. Gonna go try to get re-hydrated.

Kiwi

P.S. Only lost a couple of pounds...
Old 12-09-2004, 06:48 PM   #55  

Poor Kiwonkers. That doesn't sound like any fun at a-tall.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:34 PM   #56  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Poor Kiwi!!!! We Knew Something Was Up When Thou Was Not Online!!! I Feel A Bit Bleccky Myself---must Be In The Airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 12-09-2004, 08:31 PM   #57  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Wabby, take the money and run. I would really think twice about a BIG house. How about a well appointed small house that is no work and doesn't encourage adult children to bunk on premisis.
Peachez, I NEVER said I didn't like the simulated gagfast bars. They were wonderful. PLUS my friend is a subcontractor for the manufacturer so she made 1/10999th of a cent on them. I'm sure she'll use it to buy me a present.
I must go fold wash.
Wouldn't I feel like a fool just walking in front of the tv?
Old 12-10-2004, 02:47 AM   #58  
fatter than U

Talking

Get well soon, Kiweeeeee! Don't you hate it when that happens? And usually you can never figure out what brought it on. Hope it doesn't last too long.

I have neither a barn nor a blazer. What a loser.

Bagzie- your boyfriend is lookin' much more manly these days. I'm sure he'd love it if you invited him over and made shake 'n' bake chicken and mashed potatoes for him. Poor guy probably doesn't get any real food with his busy schedule.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

I am glad I made Lush's friend rich. Now, I must go take a shower and get ready for work. Tonight I am taking DS to the Jewish temple where they are observing Hannukah. I have no idea what to do there or what to wear or anything else. DS is 1/2 Jewish and is curious. I told I'd take him months ago but now that I work near it, today is the day i chose. Didn't know it was Hannukah. Think we'll get presents?

What is the tactful thing to do if you're new at a job and you have to ask someone at another agency questions to make sure you're doing your job right. This person is so sweet and helpful. But yesterday, my own boss told me that another high ranking person at the other agency told her that I'd been doing certain things which are all completely wrong. I have done no such thing. I know this is like a game of gossip. The person I spoke to relayed information which changed and changed. What should I say to her? I want her to know that I don't want this kind of rumor circulating about me again but don't want to put myself in a bad light for saying something.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:36 AM   #60  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I suspect a Nice/Nasty situation is in our midst. The person who you spoke to has repeated what you said once. It is reasonable to assume that she will do it again. Make sure your boss knows that you have not done whatever that person said you did, then be more careful. She is a gossip. I would let it drop or say something that is vague but not confrontational. NO, I would let it drop.
I wouldn't count on the presents.
DD is in NYC and her Mac card won't work. I must go do something about this. L
Closed Thread