Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 08:02 PM   #106  
Member w/ messiest house

Lord. No wonder they call it Glue Wine.

Have returned from inlaw Christmas. Very nice. We gave DD her new guitar. She is tres happy. I am tres full.

Apparently I'm going to have to work on the piggy/hat thing. See, the pig has a wire sticking up with a clip at the end, intended for holding notes or photos or whatnot. The Santa hat is pure stolen computer graphic. I expect a knock at the door from the cybergraphic cops any day now.

Make me stop eating those nasty Fritos twists. Stop it, I say! Tomorrow morning: Leslie, if it kills me.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 12-19-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:04 PM   #107  

I've been AWOL from the Leslie troops for 3 days now. Weekends have gotten crazy and I had a nasty this morning. Actually I had one yesterday too, so we missed 2 open houses that we were planning on going to. I feel bad to have been such a party pooper. The DH family gathering was really nice. I was a regular Martha Stewart. Before she went to jail. My lasagna was yummy and I made a chicken/cheddar, cream sauce lasagna for those non beef eaters in the crowd. A peppermint punch - very festive w/ candy canes hanging around the edge of the punch bowl. We're going into the home stretch, cowsies. I did the rest of my cards, baked mini pumpkin breads & made more pear butter for gift baskets for my family yesterday. I'll finish up my shopping tonight, wrap tomorrow, shop for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner food on wednesday, relax on thursday, my siblings & families over on friday, my children & Grandpa Jim for dinner on Saturday. Crash on Sunday. Whew. -----Kiwi, you're not pitiful. You're smart.

I bet all those little virus bugs are happy bugs after floating in all that wine.

Bagzie, can't wait for you to open your shop. You're sure to be a success, as you're the most talented and personable in all of Canada.

That candy that was here on Friday is still here on Monday. I ate one piece of p-nut butter fudge, but that is it. No more. I'm putting it out in the shop. Don't need it staring at me all day long.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:58 PM   #108  
Member w/ messiest house

Wabbit! You are a dynamo! Go Wabbit Go Wabbit! Hope you don't have any more headaches.

I have exactly 24 hours left in which to:
  • Finish the laundry (1 load to be folded, 1 load drying on racks, 1 load in the dryer, 1 load in the washer, 2 more to wash + 2 hand wash sweaters to do
  • Select and print out photos to include with cards
  • Package and mail some ornaments DD sold (fundraiser) (anyone want a cute little gold ornament of Mt. Katahdin? Only $5)
  • Wrap presents that are going with us to NC (I've only done 2 Oh good grief!)
  • Charge the video camera battery
  • Send a note to school saying DD won't be there on Wednesday
  • Make DD sell more ornaments
  • Make dinner
  • Finish recording 2 tapes that I'm making for presents
  • Turn on that Leslie video or else.
Help. Where's when you need him?

Kiwi
Old 12-21-2004, 01:22 AM   #109  
Member w/ messiest house

So far ...
  • Finish the laundry (1 load to be folded-DONE, 1 load drying on racks-STILL, 1 load in the dryer-DONE, 1 load in the washer-IN THE DRYER, 1 in the washer, and I more to do + 2 hand wash sweaters to do-DRYING
  • Select and print out photos to include with cards-A FEW
  • Package and mail some ornaments DD sold (fundraiser) (anyone want a cute little gold ornament of Mt. Katahdin? Only $5)-NAH
  • Wrap presents that are going with us to NC (I've only done 2 Oh good grief!)-UM WRAPPED ONE...
  • Charge the video camera battery-NOPE
  • Send a note to school saying DD won't be there on Wednesday-NAH
  • Make DD sell more ornaments-SHE DID DELIVER ONE
  • Make dinner-MMMM YES VEAL STEW
  • Finish recording 2 tapes that I'm making for presents-WELL, DID SOME
  • Turn on that Leslie video or else.-I DID! I WALKED! UNTIL DH CAME HOME AND I TURNED IT OFF...
Changed my piggie again.
Kiwi
Old 12-21-2004, 03:43 AM   #110  
fatter than U

Talking Spill it, Kiwi!

Way to go, Kiwonk! So how did you like Leslie? Could you stand the chattiness? It gets better after you've done it about 4 times. Then you know what she's going to say so you know where you are in the tape and how soon it'll be over.

The tiles will be finished today! Woo hoo! Toilet and sink must wait until Thursday but dh's doing that and he doesn't smoke.

My daily horoscope says: Nervous energy and non-stop gossip are the things that will pop the bubble of a truly tender moment alone with a loved one. Oh, please! Nervous energy and non-stop gossip are my life.

Repeat after me: I WILL finish (ok, start) Christmas cards today. And attempt to take some sort of picture of my kids and then attempt to print out numerous copies for those who receive pics of my kids every year. Except I'm not exactly sure how to do that and will probably mess up big time. Oh well.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:36 AM   #111  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default oh Tannenbaum

hello my dear christmas cows i see you are all atwitter with your chores and christmas duties!!! i must say i am so behind that i feel like i'm in front {heard that somewhere and can identify}-----i still have shopping to do and have wrapped NOTHING----still need christmas groceries (have to make TWO trifles}----can't think of a gift for sissy {who has EVERYthing} Mother {who is fussy} or Hubby {who wants NOTHing}-----and i must spend at least 100 dollars on each .It feels like a WASTE of money {how unchristmaslike and RUDE of me }---oh well,no different from any other year.My displays are ALmost complete----my tree is decorated in my MARTHA BALLS that i bought last year {poor martha ---probably her first{and last} Charlie Brown Christmas Tree for sure!!!!}---mother is taking the 5 younger grandchildren this morning and having them bake gingerbread cookies----23 year old nephew is helping { a sweet kid---must tell him about my 19 year old boyfriend}-----must get to the mall-----KIWONK----YOU ARE BECOMING A DYNAMO AND IT'S DISTURBING ME!!!!!------WABBY----YOU SOUND UNBEARABLY ORGANIZED DARLING-----STOOOOOOOOOOP IT!!!!
---AND dearest Sugarbuns------heard an interview on CBC this morning with a guy from Nunnenburg{????} northern Germany anyway---he worked here this summer and is back home-----he said he hates Gluewine!!!!! but LOVES the Christkindelmarts {sp??}----made me jealous ---have a good day hags---get lots done----report in later!!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 01:24 PM   #112  

:sman: Morning troops! the sorry truth about Wabby is that even though my Christmas stuff is getting done, I have mountains of laundry, dust bunnies everywhere, and I haven't watered my tree since we put it up. I can't do everything!!!!

I have sad news to tell - Roof Kitty died Sunday morning. I found him in the back yard, looks like he just laid down and gave up. He was still warm so he hadn't been gone long. DH buried him under the tree where our little Chopper dog is buried. At least his last few months he was getting regular food and somebody to pet him. Poor kitty.

Old 12-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #113  
fatter than U

Unhappy *sniff*

RIP poor Roof Kitty. Could you tell how old he was, Wabby?

Dh caught a cold. You know what that means. Non-stop whining right into next week. I'm going to have to do everything Christmas related while he lays on the couch sniffling.

Yep, if you don't have a headache now, you'll surely have one after drinking that Glühwein. Nasty stuff. I'll take eggnog any day.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:19 PM   #114  

We weren't sure how old kitty was. He came to us about 8 years ago. He appeared on the roof one day, meowing for some food. He hung around for about 6 years, then just disappeared. He reappeared last summer, same old kitty, demanding food very loudly. We don't have any idea where he'd been for the last couple years. He was a tough old kitty.

An elderly man came into my office a few minutes ago. I knew right away who he was - my dentist when I was a kid! I haven't seen him for at least 30 years. What a sweet man. I had a crush on him when I was about 7 yrs. old.

Kiwi, do you like Leslie? We're waiting for your review.

Last edited by Wabby; 12-21-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #115  
loves kleenex box art

I am sorry about Roof Kitty but so touched that Wabby took care of the kitty at the end and we all have a clear conscience. Helpless chings, like kitties, are so touching.

Did I tell you DS and I are invited to a friend's house for Christmas dinner and it's ALL GERMAN!! All stuff starting with spit and spat. She says there's nothing for us to bring but I know it's because they don't want the theme ruined. Sugar, what easy thing could I take to impress them? They're having pork tenderloin and German potato salad. Those are the things I can spell.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:59 AM   #116  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Way to go, Kiwonk! So how did you like Leslie? Could you stand the chattiness? .....
The tiles will be finished today! ........
print out numerous copies for those who receive pics of my kids every year. Except I'm not exactly sure how to do that and will probably mess up big time. Oh well.

Yay on the tiles!!!!!!!! I was wondering if you were going to have to decorate the toilet for Christmas.

Well, considering I only spent 15 minutes on Leslie, I didn't get too annoyed with her yet. She sure is perky...

Honestly, I am just not getting enough exercise in, and I can really feel it when I have to be on my feet and really busy (they feel swollen and achy and my back hurts). Maybe I'll take the DVD to my sissie's house and we can walk together if the weather sux. If the weather's nice, I will be walking the doggie frequently. I get to love on a doggie for a whole week! Yay me!

I am printing out photos right this minute Sugar. It is a bother, getting them the way you want them. If you're online before I go to bed -- right now it's 12:20 here and I expect to be up for hours wrapping presents and printing these things out. -- I'll help you out if I can. I'll also be online probably Thursday night or Friday morning, although it's hard to say how much help I'll be with 3 little kids in my lap. Ah, other people's children, what a wonderful concept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
--and i must spend at least 100 dollars on each .It feels like a WASTE of money {how unchristmaslike and RUDE of me
So why do you have to spend that much? Do you guys have some gift agreement or something? DH's sister used to say every year that we should stop exchanging gifts between the adults, and we would agree and then she would make us a quilt or something, so we stopped listening to her. I have quit worrying about whether someone's gift is "enough" and get more worked up when it's "too much". DH always wants to go overboard on some people so I have to rein him in. Then he completely ignores other people and I have to force him to think about them. :snf:

So sorry about the roof kitty, Wabbit. Poor little baby. He was obviously hanging out at your place because he knew you were kind. Sometimes that's all that can be done.

Oh good point, Sugar. I need some eggnog. I was just getting hungry and that would hit the spot nicely. 'scuze me.

Kiwi
Old 12-22-2004, 01:52 AM   #117  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Here's an exciting update on what I managed to accomplish in the last day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
  • Finished the laundry
  • Select and print out photos to include with cards-STILL WORKING ON IT
  • Package and mail some ornaments DD sold -- DONE
  • Wrap presents that are going with us to NC (I've only done 2 Oh good grief!)-STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANYWHERE
  • Charge the video camera battery-DONE
  • Send a note to school saying DD won't be there on Wednesday-DONE
  • Make DD sell more ornaments-ACTUALLY DONE! AMAZING
  • Make dinner-PIZZA TONIGHT
  • Finish recording 2 tapes that I'm making for presents-ALMOST DONE...
  • Turn on that Leslie video or else-OH WELL, THE SACRIFICES...
Gotta go get started on that wrapping.....it's only 2 am.

Guess what I'm not going to even attempt to do -- get a new route map and directions. We'll just have to wing it this time...
Kiwi
Old 12-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #118  

Seems to have gotten quiet around here. I presume that's because we're in our pre-Christmas frenzy.

I've got one more run to Costco tonight after work for a ham for Christmas Eve and pork tenderloin for Christmas day, but first I have to stop by my hairdo lady to drop off a little gift and to wish her well on her boobie bob she's having done 2 days after Christmas. Then just one more day of work this week. Thank heavens. I am tired. And I'm not sleeping well. I wake up at 2:30 every morning and fret about what I need to get done. Then when I wake up I'm too tired to do it.

DD has to work Christmas Eve. Since when do bars stay open on Christmas Eve???? I guess Santa needs somewhere to unwind after his long delivery route.

Kiwi, I'm giving you Leslie asylum until after Jan. 1. I skipped her this morning myself. My DH always wants to go crazy buying our kids stuff. We had to buy special candy for their stockings yesterday. I was asking him how old they would be before we quit doing all this stuff. He said when they had their own kids. It looks like that will be awhile. Until then, we go nutz.

Peach, my favorite thing at our local German restaurant is cheese fondue. I don't know if it's actually German food, but it's delish.

Sugar did the tiles come out beauteeeeful? Tell us all about it. What color?

I received a lovely card from Mz. Paintypants.

I'm almost ready for the holidays to be over and to start in on Perfection '05. oh. yeah. I mean Adequate '05.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:43 PM   #119  
fatter than U

Default Ho ho ho

Well, I actually managed to print some photos in the right size and everything but they came out a really weird colour - sort of sepia brownish, if you can picture it. I think it had something to do with the photo cartridge thingie because some of the pics changed colours slightly half-way through. Who knows. Sent them anyway and pretended they were supposed to be that way. My kids aren't actually that brown! Thanks for the offer of help, Kiwi! I suppose you and your vegetables will be on the way to NC now anyway, won't you?

Peachy! I honestly don't know what you could take that would go with pork tenderloin and potato salad. That's a weird combination. I guess they mean warm potato salad. A lot of people have weenies and cold potato salad on Christmas Eve or some kind of roast with potato dumplings and read cabbage the next day. Cheese fondue is really, really popular, but it's actually Swiss. We have Swiss raclette on Christmas Eve and meat fondue on New Year's Eve. I have this coleslaw recipe that I make sometimes with equal parts of sugar, oil and vinegar heated up and poured over finely shredded green cabbage. It goes well with pork and other salada. Don't think it's very German, though. I will delve further into the recesses of my atrophied brain and try to come up with something before the Piggly Wiggly closes. Can you get lamb's lettuce? That's really popular here as a green salad with tomatoes or what-have-you mixed in.

Haven't exercised in ages and am therefore a fat, flabby pig. And cow. I was reading another one of those depressing "How to save your marriage" books and it says one of the reasons women gain weight is because they use food as a substitute for emotional support. Oh oh. Don't know if I believe that entirely though.

Oh yeah, I got most of my cards done and sent - no customers at the post office today, if you can believe it. Must remember to always send my cards two days before Christmas. Cards to you cows are not out yet, but I did buy the stamps - "Oh, sorry, we don't have any more stamps in that denomination, I'll just give you ten zillion 5 Eurocent stamps and you can stick them all on, ok?" You'll be lucky if you can read anything between the stamps and the air mail sticker!

The tiles are kind of pale green and marbly with a flowery border along the wall and darker green on the floor, set in diagonally. We're not actually sure that these are the tiles we ordered because they seem lighter, but they do the job and we just didn't have the mojo to go back there and start all over again. So the teeny tiny guest bathroom is now the nicest room in the house. I'll have to make sure to spend a lot of time in there escaping the masses

In-laws will be coming tomorrow after attending the afternoon church service and then the fun will begin. Can't wait.

Old 12-23-2004, 04:47 PM   #120  

Quote:
So the teeny tiny guest bathroom is now the nicest room in the house.
That's nice, though. My main bath that is the one guests use is the one DS uses, so its often a mess, and it's old and icky. Nothing but the best for our guests. Keeps ppl from staying too long.

I walked w/ Leslie for 4 miles this morning. Re: why women gain weight - I think it's because we get so wrapped up in doing for everyone else that we forget to put ourselves at the top of the priority list. That, and the fact that husbands and kids suck the emotional life right outta us. :sball:Just kidding.

Everyone has gone home for the weekend here. Just me left to close up. I just wanted to stop back by here and say :merry: I'll see all you darling cowsies on Monday. ho-ho-ho.
Closed Thread