Old 12-12-2004, 01:59 PM   #136  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ah Meadow, I love the idea of a punching bag! Back when I was working out with a personal trainer, we did a few sets of boxing. I had no idea the strength it takes to go a few rounds with the kicks and punches. I can just see Shad knocking the bag down off the rafters

Today I am teaching DH how to do laundry. It's funny. And I do admire his trooper spirit.

Oh and Shad, we went to lunch yesterday and I decided to try the pumpkin soup after hearing you talk about it. It was soooooo very delicious. It's a shame we can only get fresh pumpkins around Halloween - I will have to remember for next year. I searched a few recipes on the internet and found you can substitute other types of squash like butternut. I think that will be on the menu this week...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #137  
Suzi in Auz

Good morning ladies...amazing what a good sleep can do..
The day is starting better...weigh and measure today and just maintaining and for this time of year is a good thing. I leapt out of bed this morning and thought new day.
The house will be twinkling inside and out soon.
Now...Hello everyone.
I am loving reading your ramblings. wishing you all an extra dose of patience and Christmas hugs today. This time of year can be so stressful
Happy...I hope your back is better soon. Have you got a good massage therapist close? Perhaps this might help. I think it's worse when it's muscular. I did this when I used to run and there were honestly times when I couldn't move! I so empithize with you.
Meadow thanks for the welcome...it's such a nice place to come and be. I'm sure it will be a common visit. I am enjoying "getting to know you all"
The punching bag sounds such a great idea! I used to do Tai bo at the gym and it really felt good afterwards, plus excellent work out. You really don't realise how many muscles you are using ...until the next day.
Holly i loved your day. It sounded so nice. How wonderfully festive with all the snow!
Oh i love Christmas. Santas's knee, yes we have to do the photo...but it's scary. I am scared of all the traffic. a 6o yr old man was killed yesterday because of road rage! ug!
Kirsty, I hope your DS is feeling better, EAT young man! And stay away from the tree!!
Shad. YOur DB is so lucky to have you. Lovely that you care this much. The phone is a hard thing to pick up when you are feeling depressed. I hope you find an excellent Dr who can help you. *hugs* still as you start your week.
Mel What's on te agenda for today? I love hearing your stories, you always seem in the midst of everything .

Well today I have plumbers to get, walks to do, bits and pieces to get for stockings, letters to send , teachers pressies to purchase, house to clean, shopping to be done, Hampers to fill,oh boy what a list! I better write it down on paper or this dizzy blonde will forget it.
Have great days, nights and afternoons! Suzi
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #138  

evening all and what a wonderfull day it has been me and my family or should i say my family and i have had one of those rare peaceful ,funny delightful ,warm ,loving sundays that make all the crap ones worth while craig is eating {and keeping it down}and i swear theres a wee bit pink in his cheeks mind you that could be because the central heating has been on all day or it could be that hes sick of his mother force feeding him and mollycoddeling him and decieded that its either get better or kill his doting parent dh has had a god awfull hangover all day so has stayed in his room most of the day and just come out occasionally for a hug and to see what all the hilarity was
conner and i have sat all day and watched films, cracked jokes ,ate lots of stuff that isnt good for you palyed with the dogs just about wet ourselves with laughter that we just couldnt explain to anyone else you know the sort you start laughing at something that leads to you laughing about something that leads to you being unable to stop laughing at all
SHAD somehow i dont think you got to the stage of your life your at by letting things getting you down and staying down youll find the answer it may not be what you where expecting it to be but youll find it and if you dont come and live with me for a week and youll soon find out your life is normal sedate and managable but boy will you enjoy that week
MEL do you have any time for yourself??? /i do a lot for my neighbours when im able but when im not they do for me i hope theres someone there looking out for you if not when shad comes you come too and well have a ball edinburgh wont know whats hit them
HAPPY hows the pain ?? remember the secret is to let dh think hes doing it right even if hes not that way even if your in agony they think they are doing there bit to help just watch what hes doing as when i first took ill dh washed my new jacket for me which i add was nice of him the only problem was it was a suede jacket for dry cleaning only he never did ask what happened to it and i told him i gave it away when i lost weight so as not too hurt his feelings
ROSE get someone to print you a large notice that says "MERCENARY WEEKEND RETREAT NO ADMITTANCE OR THOURAGHFARE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BECOME TARGET PRACTICE"" hopefully that will put them off or at least have them laughing untill they miss the opening
TEEL are you still lost under all that wrapping paper well send out the search party if you dont come soon
SUZI good luck with the workmen and while your in this state of limbo sod the plan you can catch up later why be thin and miserable if your done making your house shine you can come and do mine
MEADOW its not your inner scotsman i appeal to its your inner child i never grew up being an adult is boring your supposed to know better and wheres the fun in that and i think mels missed the daily antonio
hollyhock they stopped letting me sit on santas knee years ago im hoping now iv lost three stone theyll let me try again ill let you know

right ladies im going now before my inner idiot gets to you all and ill speak to you tomorrow
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #139  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Yesterday's 5K was a good run - my fastest time yet. The run was on the road, not on the beach. I came in second in my age group. (If I tell you there were only two of us in my age group could that be our little secret?)

We had a marvelous day today. Sunday school, church in the morning. This afternoon we went to a blue grass concert at a park, walked down to the water and watched manatees - we counted at least 8 - then went for a walk through a nature sanctuary. I thought about linus when we saw a sign on the trail that said No Jogging.

shad ~ I keep thinking that the only reason DB called you was to play the Poor Pitiful Me.

Mel ~ I have my treadmill in the living room and just pretend it's another piece of furniture. You know you could drape the wheelchairs tastefully with garland and pretend they are trees. More places for Santa to put those gifts!

Suzi ~ were the appliances ever delivered?

happy ~ back spasms on top of everything else - OUCH! Dearest Hubster does the laundry at our house and does a fine job of it. He draws the line at folding, though, ever since I told him he was folding the towels wrong when we were first married. (DUMB Tig!! )

Holly ~ hurray for hockey! We loved watching our boys when they were younger and we lived in northern Minnesota.

linus ~ I do hope Craig is finally on the road to recovery. You definitely deserve a NORMAL Christmas at your house this year!!

nae ~ remember the old saying that a really good friend will help you bury the body? I think it will take ALL of us if you take out a truck!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 06:54 PM   #140  

had to pop in and share an e-mail that my chum just sent me
"some days your the dog some days your the hydrant" think that applys to all of us just now
sleep well chickies im off to watch harry potter
kirsty
Old 12-12-2004, 06:56 PM   #141  
Suzi in Auz

I have good news ...oh good news.. ."I feel good!!!" my little scratched door is going to be remedied from the lovely lady on recpetion at Kleenmaid. She is going to get a replacement door because of my inconvenience...oh yaaay joy joy! Some people do know about service, so when the door comes, I'm sending flowers to her!

Tig...wow you are inspiring. I wish I could run again. My dear back says no. I might try working up towards it though. Right I really must grab the rest of my day.
Kirsty..I am so glad to hear that DS is feeling better. Your day sounds devine. I love it when Sundays are as they should be!

Oh I just had the funniest thing happen. My phtographer called and my photos are ready. I called him back and he said that he would deliver them for me at 10am, he called me Shona though, which I thought was strangee...well he didn't come. I just called him back and he took other photos to another person...LOL. Not mind thankfully
so it appears to one of those weeks...still i am smiling and will see my photos at 4
Off to continue that list!
Suzi
Old 12-13-2004, 04:34 AM   #142  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Forgetful Monday:
Hello, from someone who would be forgetting what day of the week it is if anyone would let her!
I got my breakfast and lunch ready for today last night, put it in a plastic bag along with a fork and spoon and rushed out this morning minus the food.
Then I got to the gym and did the weight bit and rushed into the shower only to find I had left the shampoo out in the car. And worse, I had left my work shoes at home.
Fortunately I had some walking shoes in the car, which although old and a bit grotty at least looked (and probably smelt) better than the workout shoes. They went with the outfit as well, at least they were navy blue as compared to the bright blue and pink sneakers!!!
I forgot about the meeting I had set up this morning and the blokes had to come get me. Talk about thick. Wonder where I left the brain.

The news from the bro is encouraging. He has signed up for some temp work five days a week until some other thing he has his eye on comes up in January. And he has decided to go to a Gambling Anonymous meeting on Sunday night. I said I would go with him for the first night at least. I still have to talk him into going to the Doctor but at least it sounds brighter for the time being. Now there's a bit of relief.

Work went well again. My immediate boss has decided I am brilliant. Can't think why as I have done nothing out of the unusual. But I have a problem with SAP - my system is not showing the same version as at least one of the other blokes. I go to QA his doco and we can't even get the same screens. Something is fishy somewhere. We have tried to figure it out, but it seems we are both set up the same, but we just don't get to see the same things. Weird, weird, weird. See what you have to look forward to Happy????

Another big thunderstorm today - unfortunately I had sheets on the line and they got nicely wet again. I guess they will be well rinsed hey? Still wading through all the clothes in the DS's wardrobe - just done half a dozen shirts and hung them out, the shorts and jackets are in now. I reckon another 4 loads and I should be done! What a stupid thing to say Shad, you are never through with the washing.

Linus - no we don't have an Old Bailey. Nothing so grand. We have the law courts - each shire seems to have its own - although I can't remember where Logans are. I think we have to go down to Beenleigh for the nearest. And of course the land courts, the high courts, the court of appeal, the family court et al. Great to hear that Craig is at last holding on to things and it is so good to hear that you and Connor have had such a good mum/son day. They are few and far between. Treasure them. Oh dear, DH has been playing up again has he???

Meadow, the punch bag sounds a good idea. I could use one from time to time. However if I hung one from the rafters in this place, one good punch and the ceiling or rafter would probably come down. Apart from the bathroom walls, I have little faith in the strength in my house or car port. I meant to say to Holly that you were Canadian, however if the Canadians are much like the Aussies, that would be like standing in the Northern Territories and saying that Sydneysiders are Australian. Could be cause for a lynching party since the NT natives tend to think that anyone who lives in a big city comes from outer space, has inner space between the ears, and is a drag on the hardworking, free spending, hard living man of the land!!! (verbatim description from a bloke who came from 1200Km south of Katherine in the NT. I might add it took 1/2hour for him to say that. They speak kinda slow and deliberate out west!

Happy, so glad that you liked the pumpkin soup. I must admit it is one of my favourites. Since we call butternut a pumpkin here, it is still pumpkin soup. We have pumpkins all year round. It has to be one of my favourite veges. I'm not sure whether the Brits amoung us would agree. I like roast pumpkin, boiled pumpkin, mashed pumpkin, pumpkin soup, pumpkin salad, pumpkin and sage risotto, pumpkin and most things really - except I'm not that fond of pumpkin pie. Hope you are feeling better than you were.

Suzi - glad that the appliances came and that you got a replacement for the scratch. Sometimes you just have to ask and you get others they think they are doing you a favour by just answering the phone. Bah humbug. Australians (& NZers too often) do not know much about service. It is not something that comes naturally to us. We are getting better but not quickly.

Tig - you are doing so well. I think you are wonderful to enter so many of these runs. Do you run them all or do you sneak in a fast walk once in a while - you can tell me, I wont tell anyone. Glad to hear that your weekend is a good one. Who knows with DB, sure he hasn't had a good time over the past 5 or so years, but some people can rise above it and some let it get them. Both my brothers are of the second variety. Much as I love them, the inner strength in the family came in spade loads to my Sister and myself as it is in many more women than men although sometimes it takes years and tough times to bring the strength to the surface.

Mel my American fellow smeller of the roses and sister act, I hope you are getting enough rest and renewal. You give so much, and sometimes the tank simply becomes dry and one has to stop. Please do not let it get to that stage. If the rosacia is beginning to erupt, stop, smell the roses, get the rest, have a laugh with some dvds or videos. Just rest - there is always tomorrow.

Okay, I had better get off here, there is a travel program coming on the telly and I best not watch it or the itchy feet might start.

Have a good night all.

Last edited by Shad; 12-13-2004 at 04:40 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:14 AM   #143  
Suzi in Auz

Talking

It must be one of those weeks. I read your post Shad and giggled! Not at you of course, but are you sure we are not related??? It so sounds like me and my days at the moment.
How resourceful of you to have two pairs of shoes on hand. If it had been me I would have been stumped!. That's so good that DB is wanting to help himself, It's a huge step for him and it will be so nice for you to go with him.
We had a thunderstorm here too....it hailed big time. I always freak when I see those hail stones, they are huge.
I had another moment after the hail stones....my house went very dark. The Circuit breaker went and kept going over and over again. I asked my naighbour ( who happens to be a sparky) to come and look and he thought there must be water somewhere. Yes DS son he saw watr pouring out of the light outside, so we checked the gutters and they were full of muck! The down pour had no where to go. We cleared it and I will have to get up there this weekend and really clear it out.
...phew....LOL so house is alight, esp the coputer room as it's attched to the circuit we had to turn off until it dries, so i am desperately trying to ype here in the dark and not doing too well.
I better go to bed and try this in the morning.
well i did feel as though I had made a dent into the list as long as my arm today....and the photos from the photgrapher look FAB!!! They are framed and I have a CD to run off some smaller Jpgs...so cool.

Toodles for now ladies , can't see
Old 12-13-2004, 08:35 AM   #144  

Default Morning All

WEll the weekend was good....it was like springtime outside ...way too warm and sunny. But I will take it for now. I had a good weekend not as productive on my list as Suzi, But I made myself go be a wee bit more social on the weekend instead of holding up all weekend. So yesterday I went down and watched some the mites play hockey with my morning coffee, then I had a breadfast invite on my recorder when I got home. So I had breakfast with Denise and her hubby. I watched her stamp and make my chrissy pressie while I knitted and we gabbed. Then I took Teeka to a new groomer for her cut. It is Teeka's 10th bday on Thursday. While she was being trimmed I met my former running partner and we hiked up part of a mountain. On the way down she suggested we go cross country and when we got on the hillside the grass was taller than the two of us. Geez, shad there is hope for me yet with this eating right and exercisering .
It is so nice to have such a chatty group here I enjoy coming in and catching up with everyone!
Hope you are all well today and enjoying some holiday Cheer!
See Ya,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:12 AM   #145  

What a prolific bunch. I popped in last night but was too tired to type.
Meadow~ I have dear friends and cousins in Vacouver,Chiliwack, Coquitlam and Abbotsford. I was out there in 95. Just before I met DH. Thank you for your comment a few weeks ago. It was a lightbulb for me!
Happy~ every time I write your name I sing the song "Happy" by the Rolling Stones in my head.Hope your back is feeling better and DH didn't turn the whole wash pink!
Linus~ glad Craig is eating and that you had such a good aft with Conner!
Tig~ I was not a hockey type person till about 2 months ago. it is very excitng to watch these 6 year olds play! Who knew. DH and I had terrible fights over how much hockey he watched on tv, LOL.
Suzi~fantastic about the new door and getting through the list!!
Shad~very nice thta DB has made some effort to deal wiht things. It is astep in the right direction. Nice for you to be appreciated at work!!!
Nae~what a lovely day.

Yesterday was delightful except for wet slushy snow that made the roads treacherous.ARG! The Sunday School party and skating was great.DH did a bunch of housework and tiling!!!!
Just made some cornflake wreaths with the kids.Busy day with 6 here.
They want to go out and make snow angels.6 snow suits to put on. ACK.
Better start zipping them in!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:27 PM   #146  

my goodness chickies we where nearly over the page cant have that now where to start well great news the docs have finally found out whats wrong with craig and it looks like he had salmonella food poisoning but because hes not infectious he can go back to school tomorrow craig was acting like he had been let out of jail i asked him if i was that bad he said "i will decline to answer on grounds that it might incriminate me"cheeky bugger well seen hes feeling better conner said he was glad he was going back as he is sick of being his messenger boy well i have to stay in tomorrow just incase by some miracle i get the house but hey i wont hold my breath right ill answer everyone tomorrow right now im just too tired
speak to you all later
kirsty
Old 12-14-2004, 01:20 AM   #147  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I had intended to make pumpkin soup this week. One snag was that I had to rely on DH to take me to the grocery store - can't risk having a back spasm just as I put my foot on the gas pedal of the car

I don't think DH appreciated quite how organized I was. From the place he parked at we wound up going from the far end of the store with the produce being the last place we hit. I had my nice neat list of things and was tooling along quickly for his sake. We got to the produce and I was working my way to the squash he started to ask the 3 year old's national anthem of "Are We DONE yet?". Almost I said. ARE WE DONE YET. Almost. ARE WE DONE YET??????? So I didn't get over to the squash after all. I am sad. was really looking forward to that darn soup I just can't wait until I can drive on my own again. I really make a horrid patient and I don't tolerate being incapacitated too well. I felt good in the shower today but as soon as I stepped out, my back seized up so badly that all I could do was stand there dripping on the carpet and whimpering in pain. I couldn't even reach out to get a towel to dry myself off. I've had some back issues before but never this bad. I'm doing better this evening - upped my dosage of pain and muscle relaxors and I tried to stretch and move about along with periods of laying while using ice packs and heating pads. DH said this won't go away in 2 days and I'm starting to believe him much as I don't want to. A friend sent me a little prayer in an email tonight and the words were inspirational. Sometimes you do get exactly what you need right when you need it.

Good to hear Linus that Craig is FINALLY on the mend. I had hear samonella was nasty but never realized it took that long to get over. Probably a good lesson to the rest of us at this festive time to be careful with the foodies. Am crossing fingers and toes that your house comes through for you.

Holly, I had never thought much about the Rolling Stones "Happy" but now that you've mentioned it, I can't get it out of my head all night. I am in awe of any woman who can get 6 small children into snowsuits. Brings back a huge smile to my face remembering how mum bundled us up to go out in the snow. Heaven help us if we fell down as we surely couldn't get back up again. And it was a sauna in that snowsuit too! Thanks for bringing back a very funny memory! Years later she was yelling out the door to us as we went out in our navy pea coats and mini skirts "you'll be getting arthritis soon going out half naked like that". And we laughed because we thought she was crazy. Now we have arthrititis and I just have to wonder....

Happy birthday Teeka and I'll send some flashlights over to you Suzi.

Shad, I think you have too much on the brain lately. This isn't the first time you've run off without your shoes and food. Sometimes I leave a post-it note on the door at eye level as I'm walking out so that I don't forget the important things!

It's a frosty clear but very cold night out. I think I'll put on a parka and take a peek out - it's the Perseids meteor shower peaking tonight. Perfect for sky watching as long as we don't have any humidty clouds that sometime obsure my observing. Neither of us have done much astronomy this year - it's just too darn cold - but a quick peek before I crawl into bed with my nice warm heating pad. G'night ladies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:07 AM   #148  
Suzi in Auz

Hi ladies, What a nice place to visit at the end of the night . u are a busy bunch and with all the Christmassy stuff too ...wonder women!
No dramas today, except for a migraine with forced me to make a quick exit from the shops where I couldn't think, and go to bed for a few hours. i haven't felt like that for a while! I wonder what triggered it?
Great news DH is back in an hour and I can't wait to see him. it's been a strange time with him being away. I still have to get through the weekend but then we have a whole 4 weeks together and I can't wait!

Linus; it's so good that you know what's wrong with Craig now. i giggled at his comment. He will be feeling like a caged lion. They like the attention and wonot for a little while but you sure know when they are getting better. Good thoughts to you about the house puchase. How exciting.!!
Happy, I have this really nice recipe for pumpkin soup that i make with roasted butternut squash, it has bacon in it too and it's so yummy. It would be perfect for winter nights and I think quite diet friendly!
I hope all of you had amazing ...I better have a quick overview of the house the little nap put me behind.

toodles
Old 12-14-2004, 05:15 AM   #149  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Howdy all,
Linus so pleased to hear that Craig is finally, finally on the mend and is going back to school. You must be so thankful (not to mention worn out).

Suzi, I hope you have come out of the dark and into the light now. I have some solar lights that will at least allow you to see down the hall or the garden path - whatever you need leading up.........

Hey there Nae, you will be getting into the swing of exercise if you are not careful. Happy birthday to Teeka. Such a precious little creature. Have you shot any trespassers yet?

Happy, will you be still and rest. Pumpkins will wait a few days or so. You don't have to do it all at once you know. Be careful how you go watching those stars. You can't just dump down on the damp cold ground, you will be doing yourself a big disfavour. You can't go stretching your neck out and back either. I know, I know, I'll send over the hammock. You can rock yourself while dreaming about the stars.

Mel is obviously having a mini break - a Meliday. No wonder it is quiet around here!!! Just kidding Mel.

We have had a real heatwave today. It was 27.5 degrees this morning when I left home at 5.00am to go to the gym. It managed 37.5 and climbing at lunch time and is still into the 30's at 8.00pm. The washing on the line has been baked dry. It crackled as I went to fold it up.

Haven't rung DB tonight, I don't know whether he is starting work tonight or tomorrow night. I'll give him a ring during the day and catch up on the doings. Now elder DB has not rung me back about things I asked him to check for me. It seems that some others may get to hear me roar soon. Is it impossible for a male to do as he is asked and get back with the appropriate info? I wouldn't even mind if he got back to say he hasn't got the info I wanted. At least then I would know he hasn't forgotten. Pssssshaw.

I've been planting out some petunias in the big pots with the standard roses in. Should look good when they all grow - if they all grow. They are red white and blue petunias - no Mel not all on the same flower. After all the rain we had last week, I still had to water the poor old pots today. And I see the bugs are out in full force again. Bah - still, patience, this bit only lasts a couple of months.

All my blokes are going on holiday at the end of the week until after Christmas. There will be just me in the office. And I am having the 21st off because Chris is coming down from Japan to go to NZ for Christmas with the family. (She will meet up with her new grandchild for the first time) Anyway we will spend most of the day together and do some shopping or go someplace nice and enjoy ourselves. I was only going to take half a day, but have decided on the full day. It will make a nice change anyway, although if the heat continues we will be in the shopping centres keeping cool.

I think that's about it for today. I best go and try to work out what we might have for Chrissy dinner. Better go work out how many will be here as well I suppose. See you all tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:50 AM   #150  

I cant catch up with you lot lately!
I have finally come up for air after posting over a dozen cards and three large parcels earlier this morning so now I feel I can take a break and maybe put up the Christmas tree although really this year I seem to have lost all the enthusiasm for anything Christmassy. I still don't know where I will be on Christmas day as I haven't yet been invited anywhere for the day.
Holly and I are off to the vets later today for her annual vaccinations...and no! I haven't told her yet!!
Happy I do hope and pray that your back pain has diminished down to a mere dull ache by now. As I think Shad said, that is something you do not need right at tis moment, what with moving and Christmastide and all the rushing about that goes with this time of year.
Linus I am relieved to hear of Craig's recovery from salmonella. Phew what a relief it was not something even more sinister to have to deal with.I am sorry this is again a short post. Hellos to everyone mad enough (or is that game enough?) to be on our thread! Hopefully now some of the rush has passed I will get back to my normal self and write lots more!!
Ta ta for now!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote