Old 12-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #76  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Unhappy Monday, dead trees and stink things!

And God said "Let there be Santa Smilies"!!!
Where are they!!! How can we be Xmassy without them?????
%Today must be laundry day as I passed on the mall. Took another look at the dear checkbook and found it empty!!! So wash it is. Got it ready to go and so am I.
Nae~ What lovely sentiments and thanks so muc! Flattery will get you everything!!! Sorry I'm not closer or would have loved the tree. But it must look very nice on the deck too. She will never know what she missed!!! I am surprised you brought it home! Peace to you my friend also! Hope the shopping "trip" on the internet is a fun time! I love spending money!
Shad~ PU!!!I can smell it from here. Best to send me Sunday till all the smells are out of the house! Wait a minute....bet she liked the raw fishy smell!!!! Have a good week and don't take any (****) unless you have to!!!

I must get out of here and get the cart rolling so to speak! On my way to the laundry singing Frosty the Snowman.......la la la la la
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:41 PM   #77  

evening all there you go my impression of a policemen ,then again dont suppose they say evening all where you all are well the diagnosis is finally in and its glandular fever they wanted to admit him to the infectious diseases unit but my little angel told the doctor to go away very politely so the doc called the registrar at the I.D.U. and she said fine but she had to do all the blood tests here so she took 3 tubes to do a full blood screen and two tubes of other bodily fluids his temp ,blood pressure,and he has to go for an ultrasound to make sure theres no liver damage or spleen damage as this is the areas that get affected the most but when i phoned for the appointment they told me they could do it but not until february so ive left a message for the doc she can argue with them as the ultrasound has to have been done before he goes up to the infectious disease unit in three weeks
so ive not to worry too much about the fact that hes lost 19 pound since last friday she says when he starts eating he wont stop and as long as he is being sick after he eats hes best not doing it so just let him eat when hes ready
MEL had a look at the photos wheres the one of the pink tootsies i thought we,d finally be able to see the famous toes kids had a peek craig said to stay away from the steps cause if your anything like me youll end up ar** first at the bottom
right ill mention you all later but now i just want to sleep so ill pop back later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #78  
Happy September

Kirsty~ You must not be napping yet as I see your little egg is lit! I got the card today and am in love with the xmas teddy bears fro, Across The Miles!! Thank you so much. It will have a place of honor on my 3FC shelf. I am reserving space on my PC center for 3fc pics and cards. We should have sent each other pictires like other forums did! What can I say about Craig?!?!?!? I am so very sorry to hear this and hope if he really should be in a hospital that he will be smart enough to go. For the fluids alone it would make him feel so much better and faster if it was in the IV in the arm. So he doesn't dehydrate as kids and skinny people do. Jen did and ended up with vomiting and kidney stones! Feel better and hugs and kisses from your now Famous across the miles Aunt Fanny!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

I also realized when I saw Kirsty's card that I did not sign the back of any of my cards!!!! You'll understand how I could forget that when you see them....I hope. When I saw Kirsty's signature, I realized the mistake!
Gotta love a wheelchair bound woman with only half a brain left!!! LOL

Have a great night and hope there is better news from Craig's way!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #79  
Happy September

PS~ I have no piocs of pink toes but will try and snap one!!! My Jen told me to stay away from the steps and Snake Hill altogether!!! She about had a fit!
I told her reporters and camera men get into dangerous places to get their story!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 03:16 AM   #80  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I've been certified, I've been certified. I am now competent to carry out mayhem!!!
Does that now mean I am qualified as completely crazy and have licence to commit crazy acts. I did qualify as the student from **** - too many questions, not enough answers. I didn't tell them what my real job is until the end. Naughty Shad!!!

It's been raining all day so the fertiliser is now watered in and the smell is gone. When the rain clears and the sun comes out again, the plants will leap out of the soil (I hope).

Went to the gym for the 2nd time this week this morning (05.30 would you believe) and ran 6K in 45 mins and burnt off 413 calories. Was quite pleased with myself. Didn't stop, just kept setting little mini goals for myself to get through the time. Self talk, it does it every time. Just that little bit more, just a little more. Anyway I got there and felt good about it in the end. Bit red in the face when I arrived at work. The blokes commented on it. I said I'd been to the gym. That Jim is a nice bloke said one of the joksters. Smart people. I'll fix them shortly.

Oh yes and I have just remembered something I meant to write about last weekend. I went to my friends place for a chat (well gossip) and a glass and we were sitting out on her patio - she lives on 5 acres of partially cleared bushland. Anyway, a wallaby (sort of small kangaroo) came hopping into the yard and started cropping the grass. It had a wee joey in the pouch. The wee one hopped out and started playing around. It was so cute. Then my friend feed the Kookaburras and a whole family of them came in for dinner. Magic.

Linus I am so pleased to hear that at last you have a name for Craigs illness. That at least is part way to get over it. I hope you get the ultrasound done shortly. Always best to know what you are dealing with. Give the lad my best wishes. I hope he feels better real soon.

Rose so good to hear from you too. I would have had the dead tree like a shot. I love different things like that. Anyway, it sounds like it is now in a good spot and will give pleasure to you and your guests. If your list seems a bit smaller, then you obviously have been working hard even if it doesn't seem like it.

Mel, you adventurer you - where are you going to pop up next I wonder. I'm so pleased that you are getting so much fun out of this camera. It's marvellous. I haven't been back to the pics yet. Will do that later tonight when I have finished with the housework for the day. Just take care and don't take any risks okay.

Okay, I can smell my baked veges for dinner, so it must be nearly ready. I've finished the sushi I made, so will have to think of some more shortly. Meantime tomorrows lunch will be made of rice paper wraps - sort of like a kebab without the calories.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:05 PM   #81  
Happy September

The veggies smell must be an improvement over the more recent odors!!! Sorry, Shad, couldn't resist!!! I can just see the the leaping flowers and plants. But aren't they supposed to be Lords a Leaping at Xmas???? So glad you are certified and not certifiable!!! I am very happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS! DID YOU MAKE THE TEACHERS DAY??LOL rEADING YOUR POST THIS MORNING WAS THE HIGHLIGHT! Have a great day...
Shad i got a message to say there were 138 views of my pictures? Could that be right? If so....bet there wer a lot of disappointed people!

With all the darkness and rain I am resting. Nothing to really report today. Wheelchair still being looked at, crafts for seniors tomorrow and a day just for me today. Have a great day yourselves.

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-07-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:48 PM   #82  

right i came and did a bloody huge post and its gone completely disappeared so im not doing it again have been writing for 15 minutes so ill just tell you that craigs diagnosis has changed again they think its some bacteria now listeria or the likes but will know for definite when the blood tests come back speak to you all later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:47 PM   #83  
Happy September

Linus and Craig~ Sending all available good thoughts your way. Hope Craig's tests are OK and he'll get better soon. I don't even know what to say. Just that I am thinking of you.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #84  
Radiate self!

Default Christmas smarties

ARGH! I have been munching Christmas chocolate smarties mindlessly. I thought I had given the rest of the bag to the kids but my husband took them away and put them beside the computer They are following me My willpower is kaput. I am just a grinning Christmas sugar coated inside denial wielding glutton, but in a cheerful way Guilt for the new year, can't really wrap my head around it this month, I'm not going to lose any more weight this month, fingers crossed that I can balance the calories and take a multivitamin to keep my cells fueled as the sugar is just slug bait.

Linus, your son sounds like he is in a real fix. I hope the doctors and all the blood tests give him some relief, a teenager subject to so much bedrest is liable to explode I'm sure he is keeping his temper in check but it must be so frustrating to be ill and not be able to see the end. Big hug to you and all the worry, it can't be easy from your side either.

Mel-sorry you are suffering from rain and can't get out, it could be the white stuff Did you say whether your new glasses turned out? I hope you aren't getting any headaches from these fixed ones. Is your new chair on the fritz? Where is the phone, someone needs to be getting on that before Christmas, you need your best wheels for socializing We decorated the front of the house with lights and tinsel fluff boa type garlands and the front door is decked out in red ribbon and a big bow like a present Whee! I enjoyed seeing your neighbourhood and you in your pictures, thank you for sharing your travelling adventures with us!

Shad, cool, is your standard rose one of those pink ones? It is so exciting to think you are starting your Spring routines when we are frigid and waiting for the big dump of snow. Ah, the pervasive smell of manure on the garden. What is this naughty diploma you have? Did the guys you work with discover your frisky side? Did I miss a revealing post? More details please.

I have to go make dinner for the gang, Arctic char and peas. Big smile to all the chicks in their corners of the world. Hope you are optimistic and happily preparing for Christmas fun.

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:45 PM   #85  

Default hello

Hi everyone.... Miss Mel, you are the best..... I got a card in the mail and I was so busy on my lunch hour taking soup to a sick friend, running home to let the dog out.... and on the way back to work I am thinking who is this letter from?????? It is such a pretty card Mel thank you so much for thinking of me..... I will enjoy that so much I left it at the office for now so people can admire it.
I have been doing good with my not eating crap for the last two days because of stress.... family stuff.... you all know the kind.... someone says something stupid and then all H*** breaks loose for no good reason. anyway, I am staying out of it and trying toremain neutral but that pit in my gut is great for the not eating.... for now.
I have so much to do the next two days so hope this finds everyone well and on the mend.... I will be back to chat on thursday....
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:21 AM   #86  

Hello, hello from a very soggy Shad. It has been pouring down for the last two days. Last night was a violent storm, lightning, thunder, noise the lot. Sunday and I sat in bed and watched nature giving it's all. She wasn't too impressed but I was. I hear there is flooding and accidents galore on the Gold Coast. One of the blokes at work was saying that he heard on the news this morning that someone got struck by lightning while doing the dishes at 2.00am this morning. There is a moral somewhere in that story I'm sure.

Kirsty, your card arrived this morning. Thank you so much. It will be 'interesting' to have Christmas with only the cat and not the dog. Dog used to distribute presents from the tree (mainly because his was on the bottom and he knew he couldn't have it until the others were gone. He wore a collar of tinsel and little balls. I haven't even got the decorations out this year, and probably won't - I know that collar is in there.

Anyway, on Friday I am going to dinner with the blokes!!! We are off to the Breakfast Creek Hotel but before eating we have to play a game of barefoot bowls. After this rain I think that may be cancelled but we will see. That should be fun. I am fairly useless at bowls of any sort and have great difficulty chucking rubbish into the bin while standing next it!

Mel, there certainly could be 138 views. First a lot of the chicks would have gone to look at least once. I've been twice but have yet to comment. I'm still looking. Then there would have been those who searched by the word 'ride' probably looking for motorbikes or cycling or whatever. So it is quite possible. You are quite popular on this site you know.

Linus, poor Craig - listeria??? I think I have heard of it, but know nothing about it. Poor kid. Hope something comes right for him soon. There may come a time when he is better off in hospital so the tests can be done asap.

Meadow, you naughty little girl. Get rid of the sweets. Try dried fruit and nuts if you want to nibble and then make sure you exercise. Don't worry about losing this month, try to maintain so you don't add too many # or inches.

Roseblush you are being good with the no crap. Keep it up girl. You can do this.

Okay, still no word from Teel or Happy. Guess they are frantically celebrating or commiserating or whatever. I'm posting early tonight because over the past couple of weeks I've been having trouble commenting in the journals and losing posts from time to time. Suzanne 3FC seems to think I may be posting at the time that the backup kicks off and she tells me it even gets very slow when she tries to get in if she is on the nightshift. So instead of trying to work out time and day differences, I'll just post earlier.

Better go, nachos are ready. That's my dinner tonight along with some lo fat icecream and fruit.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:39 AM   #87  
Suzi in Auz

I finally found my way to the forums!!! Heellllo out there chickies!! Hi Shad, Hi mel. Thought I would gate crash for a bit, actually DH is away and I have time on my hands which could be seen as a "bad" thing. The house is so damn quiet. I chased the kids into their beds but now want them all to wake up and Play....LOL.
hmmm....I really will have to find something to do while he is away, TV is boring and I can't cook! My stove has been taken out for renovating so what is a girl to do? I have so much trouble negotiating my way around this place I doubt I am going to find my way back ....argh. I'm sure that is why i venture in journals, it's kinda hard to miss the button.
Just thought I would peek at what you all have been up too...peeking . Have great days , nights
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:48 AM   #88  

Hiya Suz - welcome to our world. I see your little egg is still alight, so I presume you are still working around the threads and forums.

It can be confusing, but you will get the hang of it. Glad to have you here. Mel and Linus will be in shortly. Expect questions!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #89  

HI there,
I pop in to read here too because of dear Mel and Shad. I feel like I am getting to know the rest of you too. It is a great alternative to eating.
I am Hollyhock. I journal every day.I am a married SAHM with 2 kids, 6 year old son, 4 year old daughter. I caregive for 5 others. I am 39. I live 45 min northwest of London Ontario Canada, in a once neglected, slowly becoming beautiful ,big ,old house in the country.
Good morning. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:28 PM   #90  

Great to see some new faces. Hope we don't scare these ones away as quick as we did Ms Mexico. Welcome Hollyhock.