Old 08-10-2004, 12:15 AM   #16  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Smile, have a firm handshake, look the person who is talking to you in the eye. Write down any questions you have now down and bring them in so they know you have prepared yourself.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:29 AM   #17  
self portrait

Default in response marti

Hey girl I have been where you are at. The interview for the job I have now and the two before that were all with multiple people firing off questions like I was at trial. One had three and the other ones where just two . Still it is very nerve racking, especially since I am really shy. But here is some advice from experience.

Make sure to look them all in the eye when answering their questions, nit just the person who asked it.

Be slow and precise in your answers, try not to use a lot of ummms and aahhhs. I know it is hard, I struggle with that one. Talking too fast also makes you sound unsure of yourself, etc.

I Agree with Angie, write down any questions you can think of now, so if they don't cover the topic themselves, you won't look silly when they ask you if you have any questions for them and you draw a blank because of nerves. I do that all the time with interviews. I hate interviews by the way, have I said that already. LOL

I have also learned to not ponder to much on the answers to the questions , makes they think you are quick on your feet.

Also one thing that I don't do but should, ( read a tip someone in a magazine or something) Is to sell yourself. Know what your qualities are and let them have it. You are a dang fine worker, you know what you are doing and tell them so. The biggest thing is to sell yourself.

I know you will do good, but I am like you and HATE to be interview. I get nervous, tend to talk too fast and stubble over my words. However you are a good talker ( hee hee) and I know you will WOW the socks off them girlfriend. If they don't get blown away by your skill and talent and wonderful personality, well they are missing out and don't deserve you anyway. Pooh one them. Down shanna, down girl. hee hee
Just know I am here for hon for moral support, to talk away your fears and listen. You are going to do great no matter what you do.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:26 AM   #18  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!

Susan - oic about visitation with Gaby. Glad you have all the rights and can call the shots. I agree it's doubtful that Mike would keep her... that'd be too much work and money for him.

Julie - as Marti said, we let a thread get to around 50 posts, and anyone can start a new thread. Just be sure to keep the title the same, but with the next number. Also, you can set your preferences to have 30 posts on a page if you go to user cp, then options.

Marti - I've seen those 100 calorie snack bags, but haven't bought any. May take 1 or 2 to Disney. Sounds like you got some pretty good advice for the interview.

Mindee - a baptism is so sweet! Will lots of your family be there for it? Hope you hear from your sister. I have 3 who live near me, and 1 who lives about 4 hours away. No brothers, though. Is your sister your only sibling?

Angie - is Skittles doing ok?

Hello to the other Ladies!

Not much going on today. I want to get some weeding done before it gets too hot outside.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #19  

Wink Hey Everyone!!!

Great News!!!! Remember how I said I would overcome my binging last night!!! I DID IT!!! NO snacks at all before bed... I am so proud of myself I just have to do it again tonight!!!! I hope it gets easier!!! Im at work, on my lunch break and figured I would sign in to say hello....

Angie : So glad to hear we have our poochies in common.. My puppy
is named Max!! and hes my baby....such a sweet dog..!! If I
ever have children, he will definitely have a problem sharing
his territory!! Glad to meet you though, look forward to talking
with you more!!

Marti : As far as your above question on the multiple interviewers,
I've been there!!!! Just keep your cool and go in with a very
positive attitude about yourself.. They love to see confidence,
and see that you are eager for a challenge!! Have faith and
dont let them see that you're intimidated that it's them against
you!!! I know you'll do fine.... what is the job for anyhow??

Well I have to get going for now, but I'll check in with everyone later on!!
Have a good afternoon my girls!!!
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:39 PM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning girls--

This is going to be quick...my power keeps shutting off and my computer isn't liking that!! Right now I have all these crazy lines across the bottom of my screen!!! (ugghhhh!!)

I will be back later to do individuals...just wanted to say good morning!!!

Good Morning!!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:16 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies and WELCOME Julie!

Just checking in for a few minutes, will do individuals later this evening.

Right now I am babying a baby, aaaahhhh. This past Friday we had a call from someone in the neighborhood who lost a dog and was wondering if we had seen it. Since we are in a HOA everyone in this little subdivision has a list of all the neighbors so apparently they were calling everyone. Anyhoo...I deleted the message and then DS told me there was a dog that came up to him in the garage and he was playing with it. It went on it's merry way and didn't think anymore about it-didn't see it again. Well, this morning I go out to get the newspaper and there is a guy across the street asking me if I know of anyone who has lost a dog and I told him about the phone call. Thinking it couldn't be the same dog. The dog was stuck in the basement of the house across the street that they started building a couple of weeks ago, and we had a terrible storm this morning. The guy was afraid to touch the dog for fear it may be rabid or might bite him and didn't really want to call the dog pound. I told him I would get DS so he could see if it was the same dog that came in the garage Friday. OMG!! It was!! That is so sad because if she wandered over there Friday that poor dog has been stuck in there since then, no food, no water! Anyway, DS got her out and she seemed fine. She ran around a little and then we put her in the back till we find her owners. Of course feed her and gave her water, poor dog was starving. Anyway...starting calling the neighbors and luckily the first call was the owners-I am hoping. We are not sure yet. The person who answered was a neighbor babysitting the dog owners triplets! She won't be home till 1:30. I am so hoping it is their dog. I can only imagine what they have been going thru and I have been thinking what if that guy didn't show up this morning. I was outside yesterday and never heard the dog bark or whimper. If it our little Ernie I would be devasted. So that has been most of my morning, got a little bit of cleaning done and that is it. Keep going on the deck to baby Aries. The lady I talked with says she answers to Aries so when I didn't see her on the deck I called out that name and she came, she wants in but is dirty and shedding like crazy so I keep going over and petting her and talking to her. She is sooooo pretty. Anyway...now I need to go run a couple of errands really fast and I will be back later this evening to post.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-10-2004 at 01:21 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:16 PM   #22  

Arghh!!!!!

I give up....I will be back later tonight after I turn off my computer for awhile....this isn't working!! (I'm having withdrawls already!)

Old 08-10-2004, 06:40 PM   #23  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Well Cristi I know if Skittles was lost I would be freaking. There was a JR lost sign up in our grocery store. We are hoping someone foudn it...and its back with his family.

Yes Jana, Skittles (the Wonder Dog) is doing well....she didnt' even milk her surgery...lol

Well I need to get my dinner on the table and off to football...never ends...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:57 PM   #24  

Ok, add me to the TOM list. I was really crabby all weekend and...walla...here it is! What is that 5, 6 of us right now? My, we are a fun bunch of hormones!

Yesterday was such a long day. Worked like 11 hrs. Just didn't have it in me to sit down in front of a computer and type. Today I've got a migraine, so I left a little early, maybe 1/2 hr (whoppee) so I guess it'll eventually even out in the end.

Cristi - My realtor actually let one of my cats out, somehow, while she was showing my house! I called her butt at midnight and fired her! Luckily, little Thumbelina came home 2 days later!

Jewels - WELCOME! And congrats on making it through the night. That is my absolute worst time too. I was 25-30 lbs thinner when I worked 2nd shift!

Jana - How in the world would I post a pic? I am such a computer moron! I tried to do the avatar thing, can't get it small enough yet. Still working on that one!

Marti - Everyone has pretty much summed up my experience of a panel of interviewers. It is intimidating, but hey, they're just people too. Be confident, and sell yourself. Best advice. BTW, I was offered the job, but turned it down, no benefits.

Well, I gotta go for now. I can only look at the screen for so long before my eyes cross. Maybe I'll get back later.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:19 PM   #25  

Default Hey Everyone!!!

Well I'm checking in early tonight cause I have a bunch of school work to go through, and I have to get up early to drop my car off to the doctor, cause it's sick!!!! Whatever it is, I hope it's cheap to fix, plus it needs to be inspected.. Oh well.....today was a quiet day, not much happened, just work, work and more work!!!! I did really well with my dieting today, lets hope I make it through the night without snacking again!!!!

Jana Thanks for adding me to the birthday list!!!! Also , I hope
your gardening went well today!!! The weather was hot here
today, but the forecast looks rainy the rest of the week, so
I'll pray for sun!!!!

Marti Sorry to hear that your computer is giving you troubles. I bet
you must be having big time withdrawals without it!!! I know
I would!! Hopefully it's nothing major.

Jen Thanks for your support!!! Next year when I graduate
college I will have to start off working third shift at the
hospital, so I'm hoping that will help me keep some weight
off too!!! I know what it's like to work long days, I worked
12 hour shifts 3 days last week, it nearly killed me!!!haha

Cristi Thanks for the big welcome!!! Also I compliment you on
helping with the lost dog situation, alot of people out there
wouldnt have gotten involved!!! Thats why I got a Lojack
for my puppy, the breeder actually implanted a chip in him
when he was born,so if he ever gets lost we have a way to
find him.... I never even knew such a thing existed... But I
know if my dog was lost, I'd pray for someone like you to
find him,, hes my little baby!!!haha

Angie Glad to hear Skittles made it through her little surgery !!!
We havent had Max neutered yet because we were
thinking about breeding !!! Hes already 2 and he's starting
to get a major humping issue, so we have to make a
decision soon whether to breed him or not!!!! Hes a fiesty
little thing....

Susan Even though we havent posted much yet, I thank you for
your support on my weight loss, I hope the rest comes off
soon, cause then I really will feel TONS better!!!haha

And to everyone else, thank you all too for being there to support!!! I feel like it's really helped me chatting with you all, and I cant wait to get to know everyone better!!!! I'll post in tomorrow!! Have a good night
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:39 PM   #26  

Jana - and anyone else who has use it - I went to the avatar resizer link and started to download it. But then I noticed it's a .exe file. Those make me very nervous. Have you (or anyone else) had problems with your computer after downloading that?
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:41 PM   #27  

Ok...I'm trying this again.....

I had a post and then the power shut off in the middle of it. What's going on? I'm calling the power company tomorrow if it keeps doing it.

Since I'm not sure how long I'll be able to post...I will make this one short and I will do individuals tomorrow.

I'm a little nervous about the interview but more nervous about getting a call later to say I got the job or that they're sorry I just wasn't what they're looking for.

Take Care ladies....I will post more later!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #28  
RosieKate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Jana - and anyone else who has use it - I went to the avatar resizer link and started to download it. But then I noticed it's a .exe file. Those make me very nervous. Have you (or anyone else) had problems with your computer after downloading that?
i dl'ed it and had no trouble. I have Norton and it would have been flagged immediately had it contained anything viral in nature.
RK
Old 08-10-2004, 10:19 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

Evening JL's

Best of luck Marti!!! I am sure you will do just fine in your interview. I agree with the "speak slow and clearly" advice. It is your chance to "shine" no sense in rushing through it.

You are a sweety Cristi to care for the doggie!!! Amazing story- hope they turn out to be the owners. btw- I gave Benji aka Stinger back to his former owners. I couldn't do justice in pet ownership,,,,I failed!!! lol
Gabster adored him though, she just had a fit when Rebecca came in the room and called Benji/Stinger....
Gabster yelled "mine!!!!"....lol.

Juile - hope you get some good news on the car.

Jana- what does oic mean??? Like oink?? oink, oink.....I am tired. I get to come in tomorrow and work "normal" hours. Get to take the girls to church tomorrow night- very happy about that.
Cable Guy called last night and we talked ------- I don't know. 90 minutes---I had to leave at 10 to go pick up Gaby. We haven't really talked about meeting. He is going to an airshow this weekend and he offered to teach me in the weights department when and if we meet.

I guess that is it. None too exciting. My dad is moving on Friday so we are helping him move. My sister is coming up from Eugene and moving in with him, going to transfer to Portland State....

Ang- Gaby LOVES her blanket that you made her when she was born. It has been so HOT here but she carries it- wrappped around her body.

ok-best get........Hi to everyone !!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:23 PM   #30  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good evening ladies~

Well, I have good news! The lady came over a little after 1:30 and it was her dog. She was hugging my son and crying and thanking us so much. They have a 5 year old on top of the triplets and she said they didn't know what to tell her. She offered a $100 reward and I told her we couldn't take it, just didn't seem right. I am a BIG dog lover and hate to see a lost dog or dogs being mistreated. As I was typing this the doorbell rang and DS answered-it was the husband and he brought a card with the money in it. My son told him no but he insisted so DS took it. I don't feel right what do you ladies think we should do? I thought since they insisted maybe just keep it but go buy something for their doggie??? I don't know what to do and REALLY, REALLY don't feel right in keeping the money.

Julie~love your name by the way. Of course I am biased as it is my sisters' name-Julie Ann. Kudos to you in your weight loss journey-you've come a long way and I am very impressed! I saw those lojack thingy's in TLC I think it was a while back and thought it was the coolest thing. Of course I also saw that they were doing it for people also, a little chip that had their medical history on it-so cool the technology now days. Hope there is nothing serious wrong with your car.

Angie~Amen to what you said about it's all about attitude! I totally agree 100%! I got into a discussion about what makes a person sexy and would you believe everyone thought it was being skinny and goodlooking?! Poppycock! I think everyone is sexy in their own way and it is different things that make a person sexy, not a certain look, or weight or how big ones boobs are. The same with being beautiful-you are right, it is all in the attitude!

Marti~I hate when that happens. I know here when it gets really hot and everyone is running the air we have little shortages where the electric goes off for just a few seconds, just long enough to throw you off the computer or mess up the clocks. And I agree that men should bow down to us. Let them go through 1/3 of what we have to and I think they would never say anything. I too am moody and not just during TOM when I actually have one and have been told this-like I didn't know. I was tempted to try those snacks, the oreo ones but stuck with the wheat thins. Maybe when I buy groceries this week I will get some of the oreo ones. Having a craving for something sweet. I think everyone gave some good advice about the interview. Good luck with it, sending some good vibes and keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes you get it. : :

RosieKate~sorry to hear about what your family is going through. Sounds like a plan to me-75% or better. I will have to check out that thread and see what it is all about. I am aiming for 100% but I think right now even 75% sounds good. I actually didn't do so bad I guess-neither one of us gained so that is always good. But I know I can do better-it is so hard!

Susan~I would be a little leary of sending Gaby off with Mike for fear of him not bringing her back. But then from what you said it doesn't sound like he wants to be a full-time dad, at least not as far as paying up. He definitely should be paying his fair share of her care. I thought of you yesterday when I ran to the store to pick up a couple of things. I almost bought a seedless watermelon and this one was only $3.99! Not sure how big it was but it was still too big for me. I have been craving it since you have talked about it but me and Vince are the only ones that eat it.

Jana~yeah, I know there is a reason they want to see me otherwise I wouldn't go. She did some work on it (hand & shoulder) and she does seem to know what she is talking about so for now I will continue to go. it did feel a little better when I left too so...

Jen~I did the avatar thing and didn't have any problems with the computer after. I'm so glad Thumbelina found her way home-I too would be furious! I don't know what I would do if our little doggie was lost. Made me think of my friend who had a dog and cat and had me watch them A LOT while they were gone. She liked to leave the door open so both animals could come and go as they please. Well, her cat went out and before I left I went to let it back in and could not find it outside anywhere-thought for sure she ran away. After looking for a while we found her in the garage. She had followed me out there when I went to get dog food without me knowing it. Geez! Scared me to death-I would feel horrible if something happened to the cat while I was supposed to be keeping an eye on her even thought she left the door open when they left. I closed that door and wouldn't let the cat out again.

I hope I haven't missed any one, if so sorry.

It has been one long day. Has anyone seen the show Trading Spouses? It is so funny but the one tonight I thought even though the lady was a little annoying they didn't have to be mean to her. Next weeks show they are trading dads for a week-that should be good. They play for $50,000 but the first day into it they are surprised with the news that the each mom has to decide how the money should be spent with the family she was with for the week. Crazy, but kind of funny. Anyway, need to go check my email and head to bed. Have an early day tomorrow. Nighty, night!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote