Old 09-01-2004, 08:05 PM   #91  

thanks for the info sarah, mucho interresting.
thanks for being so kind sarah and summer. it's a very strange experience, it amazes me how this affects me physicaly. and i never realized how food can also affect the way i feel. next time i feel this way i should have a smoothie and some salmon, maybe i would get better sooner. i hate this! i just had to get that off my chest, i'll keep the rest of my chest though thank you very much. i feel better today if not a little manic. maybe working and playing playing with kids makes me happy. (you know they don't really understand why puff the magic dragon is so sad but they sure will one day!) of course i'd be happier if some children where my own, not those ones just some child. anyways. i didn't go to the gym today but no worries there. i'll be back.

down half a pound... a not very enthusiastic woohoo.

summer is the spreadsheet part of diet power? or do i have to enter all the data? i made up a spreadsheet on excel with graphs and everything, so i just put in the data for the day (just cals eaten, exercise cals and metabolism) and it does it for me. genius eh? but i'm interested in knowing what you have.

sarah when i was having trouble with dietpower i treid the suitcase thing and it never worked. oh it worked if i went to personal info and clicked on import from there but this may erase previous stuff? i don't know if that is a good idea to try better check with tech support just in case.
congrats on the lbs lost sarah
i was wondering if people say things to you guys about your weight loss? i've gotten a few comments and it's nice because i do feel and look better. one mother said it looked like i have more freckles since she saw me last but i hadn't noticed that. then i thought what if it's like my skin is like a ballon and it just looks like there are more because there's less surface area??? if i lose enough weight i may just end up with a nice even tan when all the freckles merge together

for planning my way of eating and everything else:
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.
Albert Einstein

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #92  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Gen, just wanted to pop on here to say that I'm so glad to hear you sounding a bit better! And congrat's on the 1/2 pound.....it's been so long since you weighed, and it's all so random, you know? Are you measuring or do you have any other means of gauging your progress? You said that people are commenting on the positive changes, so that sure indicates that all your working out and eating right is paying off!

Thanks for the advice on DietPower....I figured it out. I used the suitcase feature on Lorraine's old work laptop a few times before she switched jobs, but it had been a while, so I forgot (DUH!!) that I had to extract the files from within the DietPower program, rather than within Windows. As for wiping out and safety, just an FYI, the key is that they share the same build date, and they do, so it's not an issue. It would overwrite any data entered into the program since the last import and before the current one, but if you're not entering the info in both places and expecting to pick and choose which parts remain on *both* locations, you're fine.......I love it and need it because of work. I journal private weight stuff on DietPower, and sometimes do that at lunch, so I like to migrate the info.. Blah blah blah.

Summer, thanks for forwarding that program! It's interesting....I like the weekly progress page! Gen, yours sounds really interesting also!

Hope everyone's well.....'night you guys.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #93  

ok summer i'll pm you for the programme, i'm curious now and i just love graphs!
i'm glad you because you lost me there thanks for trying to reach my pea brain though.
funny thing:
i was telling my mom today that how yoou feel about your weight and how you look is so relative. when i was 16 and weighed 130lbs i thought i looked chunky and when i look at photos i find now i did.
then when i was 150 at 30 yrs i thought i lokked ok but was self concious about bumps and lumps and feeling a little chuinky.
now after being over 180 and losing about 15 lbs i think i look and feel better about myself than i did when i was 150!
and i have pictures of me when i was 120 at around 20yrs and i look a soft and pudgy! huh????
i have been, or felt i was chunky, on and off since my teens. so when i was living in london at 20yrs i didn't even realize i lost a lot of weight. i got a job working in a sprots store and had to wear silky track pants and a polo shirt as part of the uniform. i was mortified because "how was i going to hide the lumps and bumps with these form fittiing pants?!?!?" i was really surprised when i put them on that i had no bumps and lumps! it's my body and i didn't even know! crazy eh?
so you just remimded me sarah that my sis and i took measurments and pictures at the beginning of june and are supposed to take after picture and measurements at the end of august. well it's september so i guess it's time. we did the pictures the right way. no makeup, saggy inthe before and are supposed to do our hair and makeup and pose just so for the after ones of course they aren't really after more during. anyways if they aren't awful i may, i say may, post them. the before ones were took under the greatest secrecy and looked under password. we even wore the worst underwear so i'll try to get those this weekend. i feel bad for my sis though because she has lost only 4lbs and her clothes don't fit any better, some worse! but she is soldiering on anyway.

thanks for the support, i'm glad i made it out of bed today, that's the hardest part.
gen
Old 09-02-2004, 11:35 PM   #94  

hey ladies,
nothing new here. didn't exercise today. hope you are all well. looking forward to the long weekend? i am.
you know they don't have sushi in dietpower? they should get right on that!

i want to hear from you soon.
gen
Old 09-04-2004, 08:20 PM   #95  

Default maybe i need a shower

sniff sniff. hmmmm. is my feet? underarms?
i wonder

gen
Old 09-05-2004, 12:34 AM   #96  
I climb mountains!

Default Hello, hello!

Hey, goyls! Lorraine's back, so the sun came back out, and I've been basking in its warm glow!

I'm down a pound and a half since last report (I think,) but at 224.2, I'm still a bit shy of making my Labor Day Challenge goal of 222.999999. It's alright....it sure would be great to achieve that goal, but I'm so close I'm not going to sweat it if I don't make it. I predict that I'll end up at 223.

My Leslie Sansone tapes and IronWear hand weights are on their way, so I'm pretty excited about getting started with an A.M. walking routine! I'm getting in my cardio, but it's still a real struggle. It's a time management issue as much as anything. But doing it first thing would certainly alleviate that factor. It's simply a matter of discipline, and I've shown myself that I'm capable of enormous discipline in some areas, so I know it's in there somewhere! I'm excited about the Leslie tapes, because it's sort of mindless and apparently you can't really help but feel great afterwards. I'm moving my exercise bike up from the basement into the office -- where I'll be doing Leslie -- so it's all handy and very present. An added bonus is that Lorraine can just hop on and grab 10 or 20 minutes during those days that she's working from home -- she's said that she intends to, and I really hope that she makes a point of it.

I'm planning on the following routine: Power walking 5 mornings (with hand weights on 3,) HIIT biking 2 mornings, weights (free weights and the CrossBow) 2 P.M. sessions (one weekend day and one weeknight) -- for an ultimate distance goal of around 12 miles biked and 18 miles walked. I won't beat myself up if I miss one A.M. cardio session, but the goal is really to do something every morning -- whether it's 20 minutes on the bike or walking 2 or 3 miles in a half hour or 45 minutes, respectively.

Gen, hope you were able to clean up that mystery smelly part! Have you and your sister measured yet? I haven't measured since before I started, so I really need to do that. Now I'm really curious! It's got to be a lot....kinda scary. I really am interested to hear your progress though!

FYI, Gretchen is on vacation, so she'll remain quiet for another week or so.

Summer and Candra, hope you guys are doing well! Summer thanks again for that spreadsheet! How's the carb/protein relationship thang going? I'll really be interested to hear your progress with those changes!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:02 PM   #97  

Wink

Hi Ladies!

I gotta say that this lower carb more protein is a real love/hate realtionship right now. I love the energy I have but I hate the stomach issues it brings on. Plus in a side note of absurdity - I like to cook, love to bake - HATE making salads. doesn't make much sense. I will gladly order a salad instead of making one....

I am in the midst of birthdaypalooza in my world - it is between my mom, Michael, 2 brothers, 3 good friends all within 3 weeks. I am trying not to indulge too much and am doing okay. I was at the beach for the weekend and margaritas were a requirement - and who am I to say no??? but I played some intense beach volleyball to help balance that out.

I find that I need to my exercise in the morning before work unless it is a group fun thing like tennis, volleyball, skating...or I will NOT exercise. Motivation to get my @ss out of bed has to be huge - and I gotta be honest - this time of year that is a little hard to find. My pillow is much nicer to me than I am to myself....So in short my exercise isn't terrible (60 minutes tennis, 90 minutes of yoga, 60 pilates and 60 minutes beach volleyball) but not at my best. I just wish I liked it more.

Gen sorry for leaving you by your lonesome - not that you stink - it is hard to motivate myself to type when I am not too motivated myself to report on how much I'd rather sleep than exercise. So I completely understand where you are coming from! I agree about sushi it should be in dietpower - I know types of sushi are (nigiri I think) How are you doing? I hope ou are having a great weekend!

Sarah what an amazing job you are doing! I have no trouble in believing you will reach your goal. WATP? I hope you like the tapes. I am glad Lorraine is home and you can have a nice long weekend to enjoy together. Thanks for that article of information - good stuff - so much so it my head spin . Now it is just trying to translate that to my body and to my mind for ACTION.

to Gretchen, Lynne and Candra. Have a great long and wonderful weekend!

Quote:
Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live. - Margaret Fuller

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive - Robert Louis Stevenson

be well.
Summer

Last edited by GEMonster; 09-05-2004 at 09:18 PM.
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:18 AM   #98  

Default I am back.....

Good Morning to everyone

I hope everyone is well, and doing well. I have missed posting. I thought about it everyday. Congrats to all the accomplishments

I am back, my computer at work is up, my computer at home is up, my scale is working, my car is fixed, all of my guests will be gone this week. I did not get the job that I interviewed for, but I am not sure I was ready to get a job yet. So everything is good.

I am extremely happy to stated that I have not gained or lost.... I will take that.

I am so happy for all of you, what accomplishments and goals reached. Great job!!!!!!

I missed you guys terrible. Thank you for your thoughts.

My plan is to get back on track and get exercising and continue WW. I will log in again soon.

Have a great day to all of you.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:58 PM   #99  

hi lynne, i'm glad you are back, we missed you. you must have a lovely house and home to have so many guests. i hardly ever have guests after taking a week off from exercising and using my diet power i'm ready to start again tuesday. want to join me?
so i'm curious: you have computer at work, went for a job interview and don't feel ready to go back to work? were you thinking of having two jobs? what kind of work do you do?

hey summer, you are just a party girl! good for you, sounds like fun. i love margaritas too. i find trying to get my carbs down a real challenge. i've been eating a lot more beans for a while and a lot less pasta and hardlly ever any potatoes. i bought one yesterday for the first time in over a year i think. i need to eat more salads like you but can't seem to manage it. half the stuff i buy goes bad in the fridge. good stuff o the exercise, it's not easy to fit it into busy schedules sometimes so congrats on keeping it up. i've never been a morning person so getting up early wouldbe like running a marathon for me. but i would love to be able to so i can go swimming since i weight train in the evening. if i go to bed early then i miss the daily show which is on at midnight. the quote goes something like: "the desire to win is not as important as the willingness to train"

sarah, your progress and determination is amazing! how do you do it? i go in spurts, i have no staying power. ok this week i will go to the gym everyday. will you hold me to that? please last night i wore a pair of jeans i haven't fit into in years. yay! my sis says we measured on may11 so she wants to do it again on sep 11, to make a nice round number of months. so the suspense continues...i'm in the process of making anew weight training programme for us and once we get started on it i expect big results. watch out for the she-hulk...heh heh heh. hope your having a good weekend.

so where's our favorite protege candra?

gen

Old 09-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #100  
I climb mountains!

I am just popping my head in to report that I did my first mile with Leslie! Woo hoo! I had terrible cramps, but I received it today and wanted to get started right away.......so I figured, "20 minutes -- I should be able to do that!" And I did! I'll be graduating to the 2-mile very quickly...the 1 mile was no problem. Brisk, got my heart rate up, I broke a sweat and felt a little burn in the backs of my thighs and upper arms (with no weights) but, aside from a lot of coughing and a feeling of not being able to get a deep breath, it was no problem at all. (My bronchial woes have not at all left me.....I'm so sick of it.) Anyway, tomorrow morning I'll do the 1 mile again in the morning, and also when I come home. I'll play the next day by ear as far as doing the 1 mile or the 2 in the morning before work. I'm pretty excited!

Welcome back, Lynne -- love to all of you -- must dash! Talk to you tomorrow.....
Old 09-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #101  

well sarah with all your biking i'm not surprised you could walk 1 mile! come on sister, your cardio is amazing, a little confidence.
i did the same thing today however. i used the bike for the first time and wasn't sure what level to put it at so i started at 3, what can i say peice of cake
i started the "new way" (as i call it) of weight lifting. so today we did legs. again not knowing what to expect we took a long time so only did three exercises and the weights weren't optimum. but i'm psyched to doing it this new way. did i mention what it was? skip if i have.
so instead of doing upper and lower body splits we are doing
1-legs
2-back and bis
3-chest and tris
4-shoulders and calves, and i'll do abs
i haven't done any calve exercises yet because they are already hard and big but i don't know if they are strong. i used to wear heels all the time but now only on those special dress up occasions which are altogether too rare. I NEED A DATE DAMNIT!!!!

sorry your bronchial thing isn't gone yet. that would be annoying. is it time for the dreaded dr again??? i know you love it
isn't it exciting that lorraine is getting it without any nagging (i trust) on your part. give her a secret hug from me. my dad said last night that he is going jogging today. i said don't you dare...you walk only! imagine that, he just turned 63, is paunchy and frequently sore. jogging indeed!

heart attack moment: when i left the Y and went to get my bike i saw that i hadn't locked it up properly and the lock was just hanging there...open. ooooh i'm so glad nobody took it. lesson learned....check.

well ladies i hope all's well, now it's possible that summer just has a hangover but how are lynne, gretchen and candra doing?

gen
Old 09-08-2004, 09:43 AM   #102  

Talking Good Morning to All....

I am so happy to be back. today is my son's first day at school, he was so excited, he woke me up. He is starting the 3rd grade and that means he goes over to the "other"side of the school, where all the big kids are. Therefore, this means he is a big kid. He has only 13 kids in his class, I am very excited about that. I love this small town living.

Well, It feels good to be back. I did not do bad yesterday. I walked 3/4 of a mile.I want to do more, but in time. I am still figuring out a schedule for myself, son, exercise, activities, etc.

Gen, thanks for the welcome, as for my job, yes I do already have a job. I have been an office manager for 18 years, (with 2 years off in between to be home with my son). I just finished grad school and received my masters in clinical social work. I am looking to work with children, but the only way I can work with children now is through the schools as an adjustment counselor. The money is ok, but the hours are great for my son. He does not want to go to any sitters. I am trying to find another that will accommodate him. My present job is great, but the money and the hours are not enough. However, the hours are extremely flexible. My boss is great, she has allowed me to work from home and make my own hours.
As for your week off, sometimes we all need a break, you have down so well and I have faith that you will continue.

Sarah, as always you are sooooooo motivated, congrats on the recent accomplishments. Bravo to you. Thanks for the thoughts.

Hi to Summer and Candra, Summer magaritas are my favorite, expecially frozen.

Have a great day to all of you.....
Old 09-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #103  
I climb mountains!

Another mile this morning before work.....and more tonight when I get home. I'll try to come back at lunch to more fully touch base.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:15 AM   #104  
I climb mountains!

Ok, just like yesterday.....one mile last night, another mile this morning, and I'll be back at lunch to give a better report. Also, tonight I'm going to do 2 miles!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:15 AM   #105  

Good Morning to you all,

Sarah you are on a serious roll, how do you stay so motivated. I wish I had just a pinch of your motivation. I can't seem to get out of my own way. I keep saying when.... or when..... or when this happens....
too many excuses....

Well I will try again today. Please all of you have peaceful, blessed day, and be happy... do not forget to smile.