Old 07-23-2004, 02:14 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I'm back for a few minutes till the next appt.

RosieKate~don't worry about it. I get it all the time. I think most people see names spelled traditionally and not thinking, type it or write it that way. I know I am always spelling DD name also before any one ask how it is spelled. There are so manyways to spell and it seems the most popular spelling her is Kari. Like with Renee-I have only seen this spelling till I moved here and see it spelled Renea.

WELCOME TJ! Look forward to getting to know you.

Jo~WTG on your loss! I agree with Marti, your English seems fine.

Jen~hope your migraines are better today. I had a bad one the other night, so I feel for ya. There is nothing that takes mine away except an ice pack, a dark room, complete quiet and sleep. Glad your babies are doing good.

Hi to everyone else.

Only have a few more minutes to spend on the and want to look around a little.

Bye
C
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:18 PM   #32  

hey ladies:

just a quick update before i run back down town again.

JO- congrats on the 5# loss that is so wonderful!! and i hope you enjoy the new tapes.

this is my second day and i still feel strong. ive noticed that the lack of sugar from all my favorite foods has caused a headache but i can live with it. i got up this morning at 530 or so and did taebo basic and denise austins yoga. ive done well with food so far keep in mind its only 2:15 pm here in west virginia so the day is still young. lol

gonna go for now. you have a great thing here. thanks.

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:54 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Well girls....I thought I was going in for the oil change...I didn't know James had them do some other stuff, so after an hour and a half I was starting to wonder what the heck was going on!! I guess James thought the throttle was getting sticky (which they thought too) and that was what they were working on.
And now it drives wonderfully!! (It drove fine before) but now it drives smoothly!! I find it amazing that James had them do it since he doesn't drive the car!! He drove it once, a month ago only a short distance!!
So now I tend to speed up more (without realizing it of coarse ) Because I guess it was a little sticky.....

Jo--I wrote to you earlier and didn't even congratulate you!! I'm sorry. Five pounds is a great thing!! And that is just fantastic that you lost it!!

Cristi--Hope your day at the doctors is going ok. I meant to ask you earlier...do you have flash floods in your area at all? With all this heat going on I always wonder what parts of the country experience that. I dont think I've heard of any here in Oregon...always raining! (although right now it's hot!)

TJ--Are you on the adkins diet? Or are you just cutting down on your sugar? Sounds like you're doing a great job with your exercises!! Keep up the good work. You have a great attitude!!

Ok ladies...I gotta get going. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Jo - yay for the 5# down!! Great job!

Cristi - lots of drs. appts. Hope nobody is too ill and it's just routine checkups.

TJ - you are doing just great with the exercise!

Marti - it's nice to know that James was thinking about you, and your safety!

Hi to the others...

It's too hot here in Indiana to do much.... but I got Mt Washmore tackled and sheets on the line. The good news is, we've got a cool front moving in... can't wait for that.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 06:09 PM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello everyone,
Jo congrats on the loss!
Susan, could you send me your address?
I like your newest pic Jana,,,I know that all models need about few dozen pics for that one perfect pic.
Thats sweet of James to be taking care of you like that...

I went to the staget last night,,,wasn't as fun,,,we were in a room above teh bar and it was HOT...felt almost ill. And well I was sick of all the male body parts gag gifts...geesh I bet you guys didn't know they have blow up toy about 4.5 feet high did ya? Yes that part of the male body. I refused to be part of teh congo line with that in the front.
Well other then the heat and those things all over it was ok.
Tanners agent called, there is a audition for a young son of a prostitute part...she asked if I was ok with that. I have mixed feelings,,,and Tanners in Sylvan so I can't talk with him yet. Whats your suggestions ladies?
Well need toget a nap in gotta work tomorrow.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:17 PM   #36  
my dad made me1 from wood

Default Needs Some Advice

Well I'm really depressed This is the second time this has happen to me i can't seem to get out of the car at the public pool i want to go swimming and have fun but i can't do it It's not like i see any skinny skinny girl running around half naked or anything it just this fear someone is going to be looking at me I hate having lifeguards. James really wants to go and feel awful coz he wont go unless im gonna go swim with him i offered to go and sit and watch him with ( with clothes on) its not even like im going swimming in a bathing suit it a top but its like a shirt and then i got some long shorts but i still cant do it and it makes me feel really bad coz i know james really wants to go and i deprieving him of it.......... SORRY IM RAMBLING ON ILL POST REPLIES LATER I PROBABLY GIVE BAD ADVICE RIGHT NOW HEHE
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #37  
RosieKate

Heather - Sorry you are having one of those days - BTDT with the swimsuit. My DH will take kids to the pool, but I am still in a major avoidance mode. It's wierd. When I 'm there, I see people in swimsuits who are larger than me. When I was hugely pregnant I went to the pool all the time for water aerobics. I looked like one of the dancing hippos from Fantasia. Maternity swimsuits are so attractive! But now, I just have the hardest time with it....So I guess I just have commiseration for you today, but no great advice. I'll be reading people's comments for ideas myself. I know I shouldn't care about people looking at me - but I do.

Angie - Funny you should mention blow-up (ahem) members. DH just checked out a DVD of a BBC miniseries called the Office. It's pretty funny. I watched an epi last night and one of the office guys got, you guessed it, for a birthday present. So I at least have a visual...like I really needed one.... I'm glad you didn't do the conga line....never know when pictures of that stuff could end up on the internet
Re: Tanner's movie....read the script. I wouldn't be able to say unless the thing could be seen in its entire context. I can't remember how old your son is...or how adult the subject matter is...but I can certainly understand your mixed feelings..I would have them as well.

Thought about you the other night. I was watching a PBS show on great hotels along the Canadian Pacific rail line. There were a bunch around Calgary. I was kind of half watching, but Chateau Lake Louise stood out, and I think there was a Prince of Wales. Just gorgeous country - You live in just a beautiful part of the world.

Jana - glad it's going to cool down for you in IN. We are at 100 right now and isn't supposed to cool down until Sunday. I'm a drippy mess! I did go with a girlfriend into the village for a margarita - that certainly takes the edge off. At least until I have to leave the air-conditioned restaurant.

Marti - keep cool, girl! Glad the car is working better. I hate cooling my jets in a garage waiting for the car.....Maybe you could get your grandpa to check in on the dogs and come up to Portland for the day....

TJ - great job on the exercise

Jo - congrats on the loss! You are off and running....

Cristi - hope all went well at the doctors...

Susan - Wouldn't be too hard to find me! specially since we had kids at the same elementary school. I've dropped more info than that I suppose. Just seems like a pretty safe environment. An OR Jaded Ladies get together sounds like fun!

Whew...getting long here. Need to go eat some food so that the margarita gets some company in my tummy...
Rosie Kate
Old 07-23-2004, 09:01 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I'll do individuals tomorrow, but right now feel too sad... the funeral viewing was sad. He was the 2nd youngest of 6 kids, and the family has always been very close. As I said before, there was only 11 months in age between him and my friend, so he was always around, too. I didn't know it would be this hard.....
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:04 PM   #39  

hey ladies:

glad to see most is well:

Marti- no, im not on the adkins. but going from all the sweets (i wont go into detail on my favs because i dont want to trigger anyone to a binge) to none is taking its tole. i know that in time - a wk or so- it will stop and i will be able to concentrate a lil bit better. any way.....

heather- i totally understand about the bathingsuit thing.... i havent wore one since 1994 and dont plan on wearing one anytime soon. however, it would be great exercise to swim and if james? is comfortable with the way you look, than that should make it better because hes the one who is showing up there with you. right? anyway, if your body is the only thing those other people are looking at (and not your beautiful personality) then to ----- with them. you know in your heart that you are beautiful and all of the jaded ladies are with you in your heart too! keep up the good work and ill be praying for you the next time i want to eat!!!!

marti- its great that james was thinking of your sticky pedal lol. in all seriousness, its great to have someone looking out for your best interests.

well, ive had another wonderful day with food. wish me luck for tom (day 3)

tj
Old 07-23-2004, 11:47 PM   #40  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Friday evening ladies. I haven't posted much lately, afraid I fell off the weight loss bus. I swear with everything going on it seems all I want to do is eat. It has to get better.
This week my husband had to drive out west to take furniture he built our sons. He went to our place in Las Vegas since we got a call about a water problem there. Our sons joined him there from San Diego. I am so bummed that I didn't go...whah! (although it is way hot there right now!) Hubby took care of all the troubles and is now just having a good time with the boys. I didn't go because my 14 year old grandson is here from CA & has spent some time with me. Then I also have the tests next week and couldn't cancel those. Oh well, we will be going back out there in Nov.

I can relate with those not wanting to wear a bathing suit. But then even when I was thin I didn't think I looked good in one. I have never had a good body image. Looking back I think if I had that body back I would be happy!!

Hey Indiana girls: How about the nice weather and LOW humidity? I worked mowing for 2 hours and then still took my walk. Really enjoyed not being a sweat ball. This weather I could enjoy all the time, couldn't you?

Sorry for not doing individuals, I am still trying to read and catch up on everything.

Sue...*do you think I will be able to get back on that bus?*
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:33 AM   #41  

good saturday morning-

looking forward to a great day. im hoping to take my kids to the park today and walk myself. lol

welcome back sue- as you can see im new here but i love trying to support people and them supporting me. i know you can get back on the bus, front seat!!! you sound strong and ready to go! Good luck and please keep us all "posted"

well, guess i better get my day started, ill try to check in tonight.

tj
Old 07-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #42  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Come on Sue bus is waiting! Sounds like you put in a really good workout,,,so I would be too hard on myself.
Hey TJ welcome!
Heather, I hate bathing suits. Even when I was small I was uncomfortable. The last time I wore a bikini was when I was 9-10, the top was too small (I developed young) so there is this picture of me hanging over or pushing out...*shudder I walked around hunched over for like 3 yrs trying to hide my chest. Now I walk around trying to push them out so they are out farther then my belly...lol

Jana, Im sorry about your friends brother,,,that is just sad.

RK, Im waiting for Tanners agent to send me what the storyline is,,,Tan is 11 almost 12 and I guess he would be ok, we talk openly with him more so then we did with Brandon. And that is due to Brandon being 5 yrs older and Tanner over hearing something and coming back to us asking questions..eg...The look of horror on his face when he asked about tampons...lol
well Im going back to bed its 8 am I got home fter 2:30...and I have got to say THAT WAS SCARY!
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:03 AM   #43  

Good morning! I finally feel better this week. I woke up yesterday, and still the right side of my face, eye, and ear hurt. But it was gone by mid-morning and I feel wonderful. I went to my doctor about 3 months ago, he gave me a presription to take when the headaches start. It does work really well. Even if it doesn't take care of all of the pain, I can at least still function, not miss any work, etc. I'm supposed to have a follow-up appt with him Wed, but I think I'm going to be too busy and have to reschedule.

My cats are doing well, finally. One can have her stitches out around Tuesday. The other will have to wait until Saturday. I can tell they are feeling better, they hate staying in one room. Whenever I walk past, they cry to get out. Breaks my heart, but I can't let them horse around too much yet.

My boss is starting this new program at work, that of course, I'm going to get. I guess 45-50 hrs a week isn't enough. I suppose it'll look good on my resume if I can make it successful. Anywho, it's a "case management" program for elderly people, whose children are either out of town, or too busy. I would do an assessment, get them resources, keep track of their healthcare, etc. But now she wants me to take some sort of class, or get certified. Now I have to figure that out.

Last night I went out to dinner with a gal from work. Really put things into perspective. She has told me before that she is separated from her husband. Last night she told me that he has a gambling problem, lost their house, took out credit cards in her name, etc. Makes me glad to have a yard full of weeds and a house full of animal hair!

Don't have much time for individuals, hopefully later.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:36 PM   #44  
kitty Momo

I haven't been in a swim suit in years, that is my only thought this morning.

You should just put it on Heather and get in the pool with your husband!!! Sounds like fun

Jen- I would love to do the kind of work you describe.We have a resident services lady here and the more I work with her the more I think that is the line of work I want to get into.She works close with the residents, provides resources,field trips,educational stuff........ect,ect. Sounds like fun.Hope it works out for you.

Anyway- it is hot here!!!!!!

Sorry about the loss in your life Jana.I hope you have a better day today and sending HUGS your way!!!!!

Weighed in at 144.5. I can't say it is a "loss" because I already claimed it a few weeks ago. Kind of in a recycle mode right now......lol.
Feel a lot better and I ate a whole watermelon by myself yesterday, seedless - it was soooooooo good.
Made myself a bag of popcorn last night at work and burned the bag. Smoke everywhere!!!! Smoke alarms didn't go off - thank goodness.

Gabrielle was at the DMV because the "babysitter" was.......he was there helping his older son (37ish) get his car that he wanted to sell -through DEQ -anyway, there was a light to fix so he had to get temp tags but DMV wouldn't work with the "babysitter" because he wasn't the owner of the car.
In the meantime Gabster found a key hole and stuck her finger in it- she is sooooooooooo cute. Love her a lot.

Going to try and stay cool today. Spend time with Rachel and Rebecca. Gaby is in town at her grandpa's til "further notice".....lol. I have to be on call.....kind of farming the kids out........

Think we were hard on LesIsNoMore- Jana??? lol.....naw, give him a hard time.He did come over last night after almost 3 weeks of not seeing him.He is super funny and I just enjoyed being able to laugh. Might just keep him around for that,,,,,though I think we will just be friends. If that is possible.............blah,blah. I feel like you are Dr. jana and I am confessing......or ....of course you ARE Ma.......lol.....but.......life is a little too short to hang on to anger or hurts. I feel better just letting those feelings go and realize he is only a human being.
Yes.............my halo just got brighter....lol

OMG!! have to go open gates!!!

Hi to everyone!!! Sue!!! Get your butt back on track!! lol

ttfn
Susan

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-24-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #45  

Height: 5'1"

Morning everyone--

Just wanted to pop in real quick to see how everyone is doing. Had some real frustrating/sad things going on at home....so been a little off.....I will try to come back later

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote