Old 07-17-2004, 05:48 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #77

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:03 AM   #2  

Bonnie, Heather, Christine: These are the personal stats on the other ladies in the group. If you would like a bio added to the group, just pm me one and I will put it with the list. I apologize for not doing this sooner for each of you to get to know us better

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and got married April 10, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 4. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am do not work outside the home but enjoy reading and some small hobbies. I exercise everyday if I can and I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 30 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 10 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 61 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!! __________________

My name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

Hello, my name is Susan and I'm an english major/theater minor at Oregon State University. I plan on being and english teacher someday. I decided in July '03 once and for all that I didn't want to spend my entire life overweight. So off it goes!

BETH :I am 40 divorced for the past 4 years, no kids and at the moment no pets although I am a big dog lover. I am going to school full time at a private university in Florida. I have a degree in accounting which I don't use and instead work for myself pretty much part time at home. Currently I am majoring in writing - drama. I would like to go to Brown to get my Masters when I finish in writing drama as well. A relationship with someone I loved dearly ended last week and I am trying to move on but the circumstances that caused the ending is making that a bit hard. I have a week and a half of school left before Christmas break and then six weeks off. I plan to use that time just for myself. Putting me first and spending my time on ingraining a healthier life style. My long term goal is to be in much better shape and at a much lower weight by the time I start graduate school which is about a year and a half from now.

I like the normal things, movies, tennis, bike riding, photography and art in general. I'm looking forward to being part of your group.

Last edited by gma22; 07-17-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:11 AM   #3  

SATURDAY: today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What funny or sunny thoughts do you have to share with us?

Since it is Saturday, what better way then to think about this sunny thought: If each one of us lost the safe 2 lbs a week, that is 96 lbs of fat gone per person. Take into account that most of you have less than 50 lbs to lose and almost everyone but I would be at goal by the end of the year. Let's strive hard to make that a fact!

Everyone have a super Saturday and weekend.

Faye
Old 07-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #4  

Default Hi Chickies!

Just a short post - I am still feeling under the weather with this sore throat - it hurts like **** and I feel too weak to workout. So no exercise still for me. But I am still hanging in with the first week of Atkins, and the water is going down well.

My Sunny Thought for the Day is life has never looked better. DH is in the Landmark Forum this week and has had some amazing revelations about himself. Our marriage took 2 giant leaps forward when I completed the first course, then another giant leap after the second. I already see extraordinary growth, communication, and possibilities for us after just his first day!

I am even more inspired that he and I will stick to our commitment to regain our health, not only for ourselves, but for each other and our daughter as well!

Didn't get to report in yesterday but I weighed in at 229! Now that is still 2lbs up from my lowest weight since this quarter's challenge began but it is 7.5 lbs down since I started Atkins at the beginning of the week!

Welcome Bonnie, Heather, and Christine! If you already received my bio, please ignore my rantings. I'm Cathy. I am 47, married 2nd time around for 4 years, with a daughter in college and a 13 year old at home. I was a size 7 in my 20's and worked my way through college as a professional belly dancer. After my first was born I gained 70 lbs and due to yo-yo dieting put my metabolism to sleep and piled on 30 more lbs over the past 22 years! Thank goodness I found this group.

Scuzin' - 7 months on the same plateau??? You are truly an example of commitment. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Jayme - Think of Scuzin' everytime you want to get down on yourself. As long as you have a breath in your body, as long as you continue to recommit yourself to the present and the future, as long as you can leave the past in the past, there is hope and you will get where you want to be!

Have a great weekend everyone!

mscat816 - 239/229/140

mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:03 AM   #5  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our poll this week: Which one person truly inspires you and why?

Cathy: Boy, you must have been lonely here all by yourself yesterday! Congratulations on weight loss too!!!!!!

I would say my husband inbspires me to keep doing what I am doing. he is super supportive of what I am doing, never tells me to shut up when I go on and on about weight loss, but most important, LOVED ME WHEN I WAS OVER 400 LBS AND THOUGHT ME BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY THEN!

Gonna go read the rest of my book before Jack gets up.

Hugs to all of you and have a great day.

Faye
Old 07-18-2004, 11:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5 foot

Hey! Sounds like had a full weekend so far!! Mine was ok.. My hubby didn't act like an a**hole, so it made the day go ok! I got everything cleaned but I'm pretty pissed off because now I have to clean the whole house over again after the beach trip tomorrow!! This is the laziest bunch of family members in the world! No one in the house helps! My hubby always say if you want about 5 minutes I will help you... but I did that ONE time... and it never happened! So I won't make that mistake again! The only rooms that were still a mess were our room and our bathroom! But no one went in there... my sister called herself helping... which she did ALOT! But that made my room look horrible! I spent most of the day/night cooking and cleaning. But at about 7 or 8 p.m. they finished barbq'ing and I relaxed. They are really kool people! We all went to the beach yesterday... of course I didn't get to have any fun!! I was watching the baby most of the time... then after that I was tired and I wanted to just lay down and take a nap... but why did it start raining and then pouring!! So we had to go! WHY ME?? So it got sunny again at about 5 so I rushed to go to the pool by myself... I get there ready to take a nap because I figure no one else would be there... and there wasnt at first... and then these 2 guys decided to come over there.. sooo no sleep. I can't sleep while in the middle of no where with 2 dudes! Then... I said forget it and was going to get in the water... IT STARTED RAINING AGAIN!! But oh well as far as today goes… I told my sister that we'll just have to go places that's free, or that she can spend her own money on things that she wants! I don’t have any extra money unless I go on one of my taking back stuff rampages! Does anyone else around here do that?? I don't want her to leave!! If I could... I'd adopt her and let her go to college out here!! But my parents want her back. My mom is having that surgery for her stomach.. lap-band.. or whatever it is! I hope it goes good! Well I'm back up to 142! But oh well... I lost 1 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my hips since July 2nd, so I'll take that then! I didnt measure my thighs and stuff last time... that's where I want to lose the most! My hubby tried to make me feel better telling me... well muscle weighs more than fat! But I somehow don't believe that no matter how much someone tells me that! I've read different articles... all I know for a fact is that muscle takes up less space.... but no one has proven to me yet that it weighs more. I think that is just a cop out to make people feel better... maybe it's just me! But it pissed me off a little because I was 1 lb behind my sister.. she was 139.. now she is 135. I cant catch up now! I bought me some stacker 2's but they make me sick to my stomach of course.... I took them 2 days ago.. and they still make me sick.. But oh well. I will take them.. I don't have anything else! I've been eating terrible. Either not eating at all, and then eating a big meal at night... or just eating all day.. I havent really journaled in a couple of days. I've been writing down stuff today of what I can remember... but I'm slacking off big time! I ate two burgers for the barbq.. but I added my own wheat buns, fat free mayo, cheese, etc. I've been craving sweets and chocolate.. that is my problem.. I can't shake it!! I dont know what to do anymore.... I just hope we have enough money next week, because I 'm going to order 2 months supply of those adipex. My hubby doesnt even know I take them.. he would have a fit. Anyways Today... we are going to go somewhere! I don't know where yet... It isnt supposed to rain, but it looks like it is! I have to go exercise before it is too late! I will talk with yaw’l later! Love Jay~~
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

BTW Welcome Christine! Faye, I will try to PM you my bio later today! Everyone else.. thanks so much for your support and kind words! I love yaw'l!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #8  
my dad made me1 from wood

We got a puppy on Friday night it a american eskie toy spitz. She is so cute.... I didn't exercise yesterday all we did was walk and took puppy to park today I'm gonna try to workout a lil more... Hope everyone has a wonderful day........ Don't have time for personal replies today will catch up laterz... And I send a bio later gna thanks...
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:18 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Been MIA for a few days - nige has been busy on the computer.

Guess what - I got the job!! I was so suprised when they told me - because they were interviewing 5 other people, so i didn't think I had much of a chance. The lady who i will be working for is REALLY nice and supportive, she phoned me up to ask if there is anything she could do to make my return to work easier - she knows all about my health problems and is really supportive - I instantly liked her! She has even left it up to me as to when I want to start! I am signed off for 2 weeks and hope to start after that - it is only a temp job, but for a minimum of 12 weeks, so it will be great to have some money coming in at last! I thank God for giving me this chance.

I've gone off plan somewhat since Friday - not too badly, but I've had a couple of high fat meals - which immediately gave me a craving for fat which has made getting back on plan harder. But I don't think I've done TOO much damage - nothing getting straight back on plan won't sort out! So I'm back on track today - fat craving or not!

Take care

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:19 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thats Fantastic Amanda Well Done I'm so pleased for you and it could lead to better things

Jaymi, STOP taking those pills they are expensive and most of them don't work as for cravings have you ever tried taking chromium? its cheap and SUPPOSED to work and PLEASE stop using lime green text its KILLING ME I could tell it was 3am in your post a couple of posts ago cuz you said that you'd exercised for an HOUR and 60 minutes did you mean 2 hours?
i'm glad you enjoyed the Barbi pity about the rain it could only happen to you!

I've been busy resurrecting my greenhouse its falling down so i've been at it sawing up wood in the sunshine and fixing her up so i have'nt exercised since last wednesday i'll have to get back on my tomorrow
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:38 AM   #11  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week involves goals and expectations. Everyone should be making themselves goals to work for and having intelligent expectations. We can neither expect too much of ourselves nor too little. Remember that the closer to goal you are, the less you are going to lose and the harder it gets. Don't discount the fact that you menstrual cycle and other factors make weight go up and down a lot so stay off the scales and weigh yourself only once a week. Above all, do it the healthy way. There are many programs that are good and you can lose weight properly.

Amanda: I am so glad you got the job! Congratulations!

Jaymi: Honey, take it from an idiot who knows, there are NO over the counter drugs that work, I have tried them all. They CAN ruin your health though and make it impossible to continue losing weight because of what they can do to the body. I took one a few years ago and I now have a permanent heart arrythmia that may eventually need a pacemaker. I know it is frustrating not to be able to lose those last few lbs, but why risk your health that way?

Talk to you later girls.

Faye
Old 07-19-2004, 07:09 AM   #12  
my dad made me1 from wood

Hey guys just checking in already did most of my exercising for the day.... That is great news amanda cat it sounds like fixing up ur greenhouse would be exercise..... I haven't thought of a goal yet Ill post whenever I decided what that will be well im off I want to do some resist training before james comes in.... much love, heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:27 AM   #13  

Morning Ladies

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend. I had a great camping trip, the fighting was good and I didn't get hurt (more than a few bruises, which is normal). I did eat like a pig, but it's necessary to sustain the amount of exercise we do in extreme heat (well, extreme for Maine....I think it was 89 or 90 and very humid). So it's back to the normal eating again.

Susan, you made my day when you said you were at the same plateau for 7 months! I know it's not good news for you, but it made me feel like I'm not alone or a freak.....I've been hovering between 203 and 210 since March!! And like you, I'm so sick of it.....gotta just get this done!

Amanda--CONGRATULATIONS on your new job!! I'm so happy for you.........you deserve it.

MsCat--Congrats on your pounds down!

Heather--your puppy sounds cute.

As for Sunday's poll...........everyone here inspires me! I see people doing what seems impossible everyday. One step at a time.

I thought about what Faye said that if we all started NOW to keep to 2 pounds a week, we would be at our goals by the end of the year. It gave me a little hope.....I think a bit of rededication is in order, at least for me. Can't be good for a week, and then take a week off and expect to lose. I'm thinking about putting the scale away until after my vacation in August. Pennsic is a 10 day long fighting extravaganza and if I don't go crazy with my eating, it's easy to lose a good 5 to 10 pounds there. You have to walk MILES everyday to get from your camp to where everything is going on. Plus all the daytime activities are, well, ACTIVE! I really want to finish this journey....someday. Not so I can "go back" to eating the way I used to, just so I can say I did it, and so I can quit feeling so old.

Well, didn't mean to ramble so much. I gotta go unpack from the weekend.

Everyone have a great day.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi there girlies,

Well I managed to get back on track yesterday and got 3 points, which I'm pleased with. I only had 2 days off track - and then it was only my evening meal, but I felt like i was really losing the plot and ruining everything! So, I'm glad I nipped it all in the bud - although i haven't exercised since Wednesday so I'm going to force myself onto that bike today!

Thanks to you all for the congratulations about the job! I've been planning some healthy packed lunches to take. I usually find I diet really well when I am working - the routine helps me. I take a healthy packed lunch and lots of fruit which keeps me going - I'll also be out and about visiting families all day so my general activity will increase. The only thing that I find harder is my exercise sessions - I usually feel too tired to exercise after i get in - but I'm going to make it a habit as soon as I start - probably exercise as soon as i get in or go straight to the gym (I'm planning to rejoin when i get my first pay!)

WELCOME CHRISTINE - I forgot to say that yesterday! This group is fun and i'm sure you'll fit right in!

Take care

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:45 AM   #15  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies - Sounds like everyone had a good weekend, ya know I did...

Amanda - CONGRATS on the job Girl !!!

Jaymi - I agree with Cat, the lime green has got to go, I almost had am immediate headache... I couldnt read your post but from what I gathered you take some diet pills? I agree with Faye, stay off of them, you dont need them and they could mess with your health

Heather - Very cute puppy - I know how hard it is to train a puppy when you first get them so good luck !!

Julie - I am with you, I think I need some "re-dedication" too...although I have been doing somewhat well, I have been going off program for 2-3 meals per week and that is not like me, that is now how I lost the 33 pounds from last quarter...so I need to re-kick my butt into gear... WE CAN DO IT !!!

I had a 4 pointer on Saturday and a no pointer on Sunday so I figure they cancel each other out, ha ha ha ( I guess not )

Well everyone have a good Monday, talk later
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote