Old 05-04-2004, 10:24 AM   #31  

We havn't gotten anything together yet. I think we are going to try to get a kiddie pool set up for her so that she will have enough room to stretch out in there. I bet Rhea will be in it with her when we first get it. I don't think Echo would leave Rhea I think it is the other way around sometimes. I bet those 2 are barking their heads off right now. The city sent out some guys to re-dig the ditch behind us and they have to do it by hand since we have a fence up. The dogs can hear them but they can't see them and I bet it is drving them crazy.

I will be working out of a salon. The place that I go to is owned by my friend and her mom and they want me to be there. If I wanted to work out of my house I would have to have a seperate entrance. That is a law set up by the board. I wish I could work out of the house. That would give me so many tax deductions but I will work where every I can. I just want to get out of here.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:31 AM   #32  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

oh so Rhea is the little instigator huh? haha Echo is being a good Mom and keeping an eye out for her. I bet she makes a great mommy. The kiddie pool is a great idea. You will walk in one day and it will be Mom and puppys and Rhea curling up with them all. Rebel barks at anyone who walks by our fence. I think he thinks it is his job. If we are on the deck and a kid rides by on his bike Rebel is at the top of the hill before he can even get all the way by. He is a fast little bugger.

That is good that you have a job all lined up already. In the future if you ever wanted to start your own you could set up a bay in your garage too. I bet you must be so excited to get done and start your new job.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:51 AM   #33  

I think that would be so cute to see if Echo lets Rhea in with she and the puppies.

It is to hot down here to work out of the garage. Good idea though. Plus, it would take alot just to get the garage sterile enough. You woould not believe the things thnat I have to do to keep the stuff I use clean. It is good for safety though. I would much rather someone working on me be using sterile things.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:46 AM   #34  

good morning girls

Still feeling tired. I think I could have slept in two more hours . I have to get to bed earlier. It has been sprinkling here on and off and then the sun shines and it looks so pretty. No rainbows yet though. Today I might look for some last minute airline tickets, to go see my brother the one who just got married and now he is graduating in California. I hate to fly and I would be going all by myself. Maybe I would just order a drink on the plane and be fine? It would be fun if one or all lived there we could meet!

Angie supper was good last night. Tonight I might make omlettes or baked fish. I talk to the "boss man" and see what he wants. How was the kids day yesterday?

Kempy I just love that puppy breath. It is going to be really hard for you to give them up. Do you know people that want to buy them?

Well kids are calling better get going. I think I will look for some caffeine to perk this butt up! I would like to get some excercise in today too. We'll see. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:05 PM   #35  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, It was pouring here all night and this morning but it seems to have cleared up a little. Now it is just windy and cold. Dont feel bad about hating to fly, I have never been on a plane and I am not sure I would dare to do it,especially alone. I hate to do things I dont know how to do for fear of looking stupid. I would probably end up on the wrong end of the airport and totally miss my flight.

I am making crispy chicken and baked potatoes for me for supper. Jay is having his cooked with fried onions and cheese.I love it both ways but I want to dump alot of red hot on my chicken tonight.I have been craving that.

What is everyone got planned for Mothers Day this year?

Kids had a good day at school since they took the teacher out of the breakfast room.I did get a letter from the principal telling me that the teacher denied it and that it was basically other kids doing it. HELLO? I know they werent going to believe a kid over a teacher but I believe the kids since they both told me the same thing seperately. It really pisses me off but the school will never take action against her and I dont have time to fight no win battles. I will however keep my eyes open and anything she says in the future will be making me go directly to the superintendant of the school.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:42 AM   #36  

I CAN'T WAKE UP!!! I went to be early last night and I am still tired. I don't know what is wrong with me. I guess it is b/c of TOM. Can I just leave this place and go home to take a nap?

Today is Cinco de Mio, are you guy doing anything for it? I think Joe and I are going to go eat at the local mexican rest. tonight. I am looking forward to all of the cheese right now. Being PMSy I want cheese and chocolate. I know that is weird but it must be the fat in them that I want.

What are you guys doing today?
Old 05-05-2004, 11:43 AM   #37  

Hi Girls

Kempy I am with you! I forgot about that day. I will also have to have some melted cheese on something. You know me the biggest cheese head. Hus called me from work today and really ticked me off. I don't want to get into the stupid details right now but ugh he is annoying me or it could just be pms. (BOTH actually) When are you do for yours? If you don't mind me asking....I am on Mother's Day, what a present . God I feel like b***h! But I am laughing as I type this....one minute laughing and the next I feel like I am falling apart. Hey if you go out tonight get a great big huge margarita ! I can almost taste one now .

Angie what do you have going on today? My mom has not called me in three weeks on top of everything else. I e-mailed her a letter. I am really sorry this post sounds just like a bunch of venting. How is the weather by ya today? Sunny, but cold here. I am just thankful for the sunshine!

Check in later girls, I have not eaten anything yet so I might go find something to eat! Check in soon....Julie
Old 05-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #38  

Noelle come out and play today if you have time honey ! What did you think of AI last night? I do not like that kind of music that much so I was really not to into it. I think George is going to go tonight. What do you think? I can't believe Paula started crying....I don't think it was about Fantasia singing, I think it is her love for Simon ! I loved it when he hugged her. God I could go for a hug from him right now ....Julie
Old 05-05-2004, 12:20 PM   #39  

Julie I actually started yesterday. I don't mind you asking me that. I am a woman afterall and we all have them. Sometimes my hubby drives me up the wall too. Like right now he is all pissy about the house being dirty or should I say dusty. I have to tell him that there is nothing we can do about it right now. I mean we have no kitchen floor right now what does he think is going to happen. I am not going to scrub the house right now b/c there is still dust on the floor and it just gets kicked up by us.

I didn't think last night was very good for anyone on AI. I think that LaToya is good b/c she is a professional singer so of course she will sound good. I do like George though. Julie you think he will go? I htought it might be Diana or Jasmine. I like both of them but I didn't think that they hit their marks last night. You are so funny about Simone and Paula.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #40  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi! It is pretty nice here right now. I was surprised to get up and see sunshine after all the rain. I am sleepy feeling today too. I barely got my *** up to get anything done. I went to buy some ice cream today. We have a place the next town over that makes their own from scratch and it is to die for!@!! I got a quart of chocolate with peanut butter. YUM!! It has tons of gooey peanut butter sauce that they also make themselves. I cant wait to eat some. I promise that Sunday I will get on track again. I just need to get through Mothers Day.

Julie, I am sorry you havent spoken to your mom in so long. It is common for me and mine to never talk so I dont usually think about it to much...unless I want to talk and it feels like I am being blown off that is. We actually have talked this week though.They are planning to go gold panning right off so I told them that maybe we can all go down in the RV and stay the night or something. We will see.

AAAHHHH The Power of Cheese!!! I will make pigs in a blanket with cheese tonight for supper.

We have a gay stray here. haha. The tiger cat I swear is in love with Shadow. He follows him EVERYWHERE!!! He will lay on the deck and wait for him to come back out when he is eating and then just follow him around the yard. It is so funny.

I have to get back to work but I will check back in a few hours.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:33 PM   #41  

Unhappy Hey

Hey all

Sorry to be out of the loop...Welcome blue kitty and hi to Noelle, Kempy, Julie and Angie and anyone I missed.

It's been a **** of a couple days - My best friend lost her baby 2 weeks from delivery - she hemmoraghed out and the baby died and she almost did as well and then was put on suicide watch so I may be going to her soon. It's family only right now. I am at such a loss. This was to be her and her husbands first and she had to go through in vitro twice.

Sorry to be so depressing - just keep my friend in your prayers. Thanks

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #42  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. I'm battling a scratchy throat (again), maybe my A/C filter needs cleaning . I've been working half days and spending time w/Michael after school since my parents are on vacation and will be for another week and a half or so. Yesterday as I was driving to pick him up from school I got a call on my cell phone, it was his classmates mother asking if he could come over and play w/her son--gee, try asking me with 2 minutes notice. I wasn't feeling that well and it was just so last minute I told her I had some errands to run (not a lie)--then she asks me since I was on my way to the school, if I could pick up her son and drop him off anyway! I do not consider this lady my close friend. Our sons happen to be in the same class and they've had a couple of play dates together, that's all. Talk about being so presumptuous! *shaking my head*

Summer, that is so sad about your friend and the baby. Some babies are just too perfect to stay on earth very long, they get called home first. Mom and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of her and yourself.

Angie, that ice cream sounds great. You've got me dreaming about Cold Stone Creamery now...have any of you got one near you? You choose your flavor and the "mix-ins", and they do it right in front of you on a marble slab. Yum!

Julie, of course I watched AI and I think Jas will be next to go. I think George did a good job but he didn't "wow" me. I still like his voice though and it seems like he doesn't have to work to hard at it, like say Diana or Jas. I'm rooting for LaToya, she's awesome. Fantasia did a good job with her second song, but something about her style of singing doesn't do it for me. It was just a'ight

Kempy, I've got nothing special planned for cinco de mayo, but I do have blender that hasn't been used in quite a while *burp*. THanks for the reminder (where did all that tequila go???). It's also "Boys Day" here in HI, it's a Japanese tradition (actually believed to have started from a Chinese custom, but I digress) and maybe I'll do something special for my boy(s).

I gotta get back to work so I can get out of here! Hello to everyone I missed, have a great day.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 05-05-2004 at 03:16 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:13 PM   #43  

Hello Everyone,

What a busy week. It started last week. My husband left today for Alaska. He will be working at Denali National Park until September 22. Ashley and I are planning to go up there for a week or so in July.
I had an interview at Ashley's school yesterday. I went in and introduced myself to her principal. I also asked her what positions she might have for the fall. Anyway, she did a formal interview, 1 1/2 hours (even though I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts ) She told me not to worry. She told me she was very impressed and she called me back today and said she'd like me to meet with the assistant principal and the 8th grade team leader. I would love to get a job at Ashley's school; it would be great to be near her and on the same schedule. I will call tomorrow and set up an appointment.
Our kids at school are giving the permanent substitute a really bad time. She left the room crying today and the Special Ed teacher went in to cover the class; our team leader went in and really ripped on them.
I'm going to suggest tomorrow for her to just teach the ones who want to learn and tell the others that they have failed Science. Mid terms come out next week, perhaps if they see failing grades they will straighten out. In middle school, if a student fails one core subject, he/she must repeat the entire grade. Harsh, but needed for some students.
My husband is supposed to call soon. Take care ladies and I will try not to go AWOL for so long.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #44  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cal, My parents have always wanted to go to Alaska. It looks so pretty on tv. What will your hubby be doing there? You guys are gonna miss him something terrible I bet. The students at your school sound pretty wild. I wouldnt know what to do with kids like that day in and day out. How do you do it without going bonkers?

Noelle, How is your throat feeling today? Better I hope. No we dont have a Cold Stone Creamery here but I have seen them on the Food Channel and it looks so good. Come to think of it we dont really have any good places up here. We have fast food,Olive Garden,Ruby Tuesdays,Applebees,Unos, and that is about it. And that is in the nearest city to me(about an hour away),sad huh?

Summer, I am so sad for your friend. That must be so devastating, I cant even begin to imagine how she is feeling right now. I will send prayers for her.

Julie, How is your day going so far? Did you and hubby make up? Whats for supper tonight. I am having tuna helper with biscuits and peas.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:25 PM   #45  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy and Noelle, I dont know if you have been keeping track or not but Christy and Chris' (aka Sveltechicky for anyone else who remembers ) baby was just born. It was a girl, they named her Claire Delaney. I am so happy for them.