Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #61  
*~*~*

Default The April 1st Goal

We are trying to drop 7 pounds by April 1st It was something I started so we could work together I needed the kick in the bum. You can join in, but to be realistic your goal could be 5 pounds by april 1st unless you are really great at dropping weight. I'm going to have to be at this point because I was in a rut, but I will still make that goal.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:05 AM   #62  
A princess on a mission

Hey everyone,
I take you all up on that challenge to lose the 7 lbs by April 1st...Now just a question is that group goal or individual...I only weigh myself on mondays just not to be flustered or anything but I will take that challenge...
As for my exercising...I do a mile each day and I started out with about 40 mins and now its down between 25-30 mins for it... and I am definately getting my water in...man I bought the best bottle for it too...a nice tall 64 oz bottle thats not too bulky...one of those a day and I am doing good...
lets get this challenge underway

Jessica

Current weight: 258
Short Term Goal: 200
Long Term Goal: 160ish
Old 03-12-2004, 04:22 PM   #63  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Jessica,
It is a personal goal, not a group. 7 lbs. loss for each of us.
APRIL 1ST CHALLENGE
1.Alexia
2.Lynn
3.Randi
4.Donna
5.Audrey
6.Jessica

Last edited by Alexia; 03-12-2004 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #64  

Default Ok...Let's give this a try....

Alexia what a great motivator

Ok friends, we can do this. I just have to try and keep the PMS monster under wraps, I call her Sybil, she has many personalities.

I'm still trying to work with ediets. Its seems ok. A little overwhelming but keeping me busy. (and I exercised 3x this week woo hoo)

So, stay motivated girls. we can do this one challenge at a time and hopefully get to where we need to be. (thinner and healthier)

Thanks Alexia
Old 03-12-2004, 11:01 PM   #65  
A princess on a mission

Just thought I share some good news with you guys...man let me tell you it made my day...I went shopping *which I hate cuz they have the special PLUS SIZE section for me* I look through the racks and what do you know...no 26's...i was bummed but then I thought to myself, hey you've been losing some weight try a 24..I brought 3 pairs of 24s into that fitting room... they fit, loosely...didn't want to disappoint myself so I stayed with them and left with a great big smile on my face...
I hope everyone is having a good night and their goal is getting more attainable...

Jessica

Start weight: 260
Current weight: 258
April 1st goal: 251
Old 03-13-2004, 09:31 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

Way to go Jessica!! When that day comes for me you will need a crowbar to pry the smile off of my face! I do have a pair of jeans that are waiting for me. I bought them many years ago, wore them once, then after I washed them...forget it! So I have been patiently waiting for the day that i can wear them again.

Grandma, why do you say "only 4 pounds?" That's great! How are those Walk Away the Pounds tapes anyway? I see people talking about them on the exercise threads.

Donna, what diet are you following? Are your menus planned out for you?

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lynn
Old 03-13-2004, 01:56 PM   #67  

Default plans and menus

Hi everybody.

hope your having a great start to your weekend. Went to see Spartan with Val Kilmer last nite(well let me re-word that, I went with dh to see Spartan starring Val Kilmer ) Pretty good,and then we did the Walmart thing at 1am. We love going late. Anyway with Aunt Flow on the way the pms monsters were howling last nite and could only be tamed with pizza way too much pizza. So today I'm drowning them with water. Hopefully Aunt Flow will show up in the next couple days and take them with her when she leaves

Congratulation on the 4lbs to you Grandma. That great :

Jessica, smaller sizes. what a wonderful thing. give your self a big deserved pat on the back for that one.

Lynn, I follow sugar busters plan, but on ediets the do have a meal plan that gives you a menu but I usually use the substitution option and conform to my sugar busters. I basically did it for the discipline (I'm not very good keeping a journal , and also for support and ideas. I signed up during a special for I think 12 weeks, I don't know if I'll re-up yet, too soon to tell)

Hi Alexia, Your always so busy and involved. I don't know where you get the energy. I am going to have to work extra hard this coming week to make up for the damage of the pms monster and still make our April 1st challenge. But I really am going to try.. so keep the motivation going everyone
Old 03-16-2004, 01:50 PM   #68  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Hi everyone!
Had a great weekend. Hows everyone doing? We only have 2 1/2 weeks left on that 7 pound weight loss. SpRiNg Is CoMiNg!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:44 PM   #69  

well i can't add any loss to my weight totals. i had a 1 lb. gain this week, but that is alright. clothes are going down in size and i feel great so better luck next week. hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:54 PM   #70  
Southern Belle

Angry Newbie from Texas

Hello All! Just stopping by to say hello. I was reading your thread and felt like posting. I hope you don't mind.I have a serious weight problem which I have had for most of my adult life. I am having lots of health problems and I guess I just looking for a few friends that possibly share the same problems. I have to get this weight off!!! I have about 150lbs to lose and am really off to a slow start. (Any encouragement welcome!!) Thanks for listening. Have a good evening. The Not so Sunshiney Lady
Old 03-16-2004, 07:54 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,

Welcome sunshine lady! Of course we don't mind. Pop in anytime. What type of plan are you following? I have about 80 to lose and right now I am just doing my own thing, trying to stay away from sweets and making sure I exercise. And I am like you, off to a ssslllooowwww start.

So how is everyone? Is anyone closer to to this months goal? I am holding at my 2 pound loss. (I want to say something sarcastic to myself but I will refrain) I will try to avoid the dreaded scale until the weekend. I did take a couple of day off last week from the gym but I have been going every day since Sat. It's snowing now, supposed to get 4-10 inches. Yuck. I thought spring was on it's way.

Well, everyone have a great St. Patty's day!!

Lynn
Old 03-16-2004, 11:44 PM   #72  
A princess on a mission

Hey girls!!
Welcome sunshine Lady...Im new too and these ladies have treated me pretty darn good and im sure you will have the same too...
Its good to hear that everyone is doing well...
I am very surprised at my weekly weigh in let me tell yah...Saturday I pigged out like you wouldn't believe it...went to the Olive Garden and had a feast...It was darn good and I enjoyed every minute of it...also went and saw 50 FIRST DATES with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler...great flick I reccommend it...
Anyway, now that I have gotten off track let me get back in...my weekly weigh in said I lost 2 pounds...after all that junk and i still lost...man was my head spinning yah something like that...so as far as my April first goal is set at I have just about 5 more pounds to go...
My favorite holiday is tomorrow so Happy St. Patricks Day everyone...

Jessica

Start weight: 260
Current weight: 256
April 1 goal: 251
Old 03-17-2004, 01:08 AM   #73  
Look at me go ;)

Hey girls, just stopped to by to say congrats on your accomplishments and goodbye. Don't think this is the place for me but it was lots of fun while it lasted. Keep up the good work and you guys will be exactly where you want to be in no time.! Bye!
Old 03-17-2004, 04:20 PM   #74  
*~*~*

GoOdByE
Anyway... Hi everyone! Glad to see we have some new people here. Lets work hard to make that small goal we should be able to make it...if not I feel we are not trying hard enough I know I have been lazy. Oh boy this is hard

Last edited by Alexia; 03-17-2004 at 04:29 PM. Reason: *~*~*~*
Old 03-17-2004, 07:57 PM   #75  

Hi everybody
Haven't been feeling too great the last couple of days. Waiting on Aunt Flo was killing me. Of course she showed up late and that prolonged the anxiety. Then I got a call from my gyno, and it seems I have to go for more test. Fibroids and a cyst in the ovarian area. I'm trying not to go into one of those who care's modes and pig out. I'm trying to stay possitive. (yeah right )

Hey Randi, I'm sure you'll find a great fit out there. Good Luck!

Sunshine Lady. Out of all the places to be on this board. This is my favorite. Everyone on all the threads are great, but I like our little group.
So post often. We are here. I have alot to lose too. Over 100lbs. I look at it 10 lbs at a time. It takes time but if we don't try we never will. Stick around and

Jessica, that is just great. Eat and lose, gotta love it. WTG

Lynn, As far as the goal, I can't believe I lost 2 lbs. I've been hitting the salt sweet cravings all week waiting for AF. I am also try to stay away from the scale )
Where abouts in CT are you? I have friends in the Danbury area. What was the total " you ended up with? We had about 5" in Westchester. Still had flurries today. Might get more on friday Just want spring to get here.

Hi Alexia, Well, It looks like a group is growing. That's cool.
I can't believe the challenge only 2wks away. It didn't seem too hard but I've go 5 to go. How are you doing?

Well, hope everyone had a H ppy St P tricks Day!
Closed Thread