Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #346  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

P.S., I be too feverish to take in much, but the card idea soundeth good ... I think ... not sure o' the concept as I be brain dead and not up to usual keenness.

QOD: I used to consider myself middlin' adventuresome, now I mostly take a lot o' naps

Wasn't it Bilbo Baggins who said something to the effect of: "Adventures, nasty uncomfortable things. Make a hobbit late for dinner."

Words to that effect.

Made me think of how I committed myself to do one more task today that I don't want to do and was thinking of Bilbo: "What was I thinking asking a wizard to tea?"

Ok, bye!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-12-2004 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Just adding another Tolkien quote, don't mind me ...
Old 02-13-2004, 06:38 AM   #347  

Hello all!

Forecast and Friday are giving me Spring Fever!
really need some motivation... I guess if I think about times when I would have done anything to hear back from a job interview ...
hmmm...guilt, its a wonderful thing when used in moderation...

Thought of the day :

"Patience.... persistence...... perspective."

Question of the day :

"If you could play an instrument and be excellent, what would you choose?"

Wildfire! GREAT news on the loss... down is down! Its very interesting to me how once the body flips the "release" switch, momentum begins... until the next plateau....

My job offers free hot chococlate which I often enjoy... but last week, the SF ran out.... I wonder if part of my loss was that I havent had any... I know there is a pretty fair share of sodium... interesting....
Can't put too much logic into these things...

Anyway...

Everyone who is not feeling well... I repeat the advice regarding trying to force vitamins, especially via soup and vegetables...

WSW- So far, haven't heard from that other lady...
But there's always next time!

Frogger- Glad the visit went well! So exciting to have a date! Whatever the boss says, we're here... come and vent...

Arabella- Good thoughts coming your way.

Geez, weatherman says today will be high up near 45, tomorrow 50... then back Sunday into the 20's....

Let me go b/4 I talk myself out of it!

Take care all!

Time to get rolling!

Have a good one all!
Old 02-13-2004, 08:02 AM   #348  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Talking

Friday! Yeah I wish there'd been a Royal Holiday declared! Just busy. Feel a definite lightening of mood and I wonder how much of it has to do with the longer days.....you're right Kaylets. Spring is sorta creeping into the air!

It is close to freezing here...the underside of it and with the sun the ice is slowly receding...only have a half a skating rink on the driveway! There are actually patches of grass here and there!

Visited the conference next door...those ladies are quite funny.

Anyway, I joined TOPS on Wednesday night...you guys with the WW inspired me to an extent. I just joined for the weekly weigh-ins...I work that night until 8 so I can't attend the meetings which start at 7? I think. Besides I do enough meetings. However just being accountable to someone physically other than me will help. And, I start that hormone (BC) on Sunday...see if that will help the no blood in my veins 'cause it has been lost somewhere else problem. I'm leery of side effects though. It sure would be nice to be warm again though...I'm always just frozen eventhough I wear layers of clothing. Where are the hot flashes when you need 'em? I'm not wishing for them just wondering. Be 'ware of what you wish for.

Frogger...September will be here before you know it!

QOD the harp.....they sound so restful. Or the guitar....I love L. Boyd.

to all! Check in on you later 'gators

Ceara
Old 02-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #349  
caffeine free!

Howdy,
Well, lil sis is the the hospital. Her water broke this morning and now she is there till she delivers. It could be tomorow or it could be in a month. More likely than not it will be in a week or so. The baby is over 5 lbs now, so they are not too afraid of major complications. I am a bit nervous though. She is aiming to hold off till the 29th, not that there is going to be much choice in the matter.

Needless to say this is a bit of a drive by post. But...QOD: the fiddle for folk adn bluegrass and the bass for rock music. If it had to be just on it would be the fiddle.

Aside from that, eating well, exercising every day and waiting to become an aunt.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:54 PM   #350  

Zadie, how exciting! And you lost weight too!

Kaylets - congrats on your 50 lb level and Eydie on being below goal.

Punkin - glad to see you're with us, howsomeever briefly.

Frogger, I'll share my 9/15 b.d. gladly. Good luck.

Empress, feel better. And you too, wsw, though I know with tech diff it's hard to work it out.

Ceara, let us know how OA works for you. So glad you're back more than I am, Wildfire. Cerise, hope that nasty move goes well.

And Wood Nymph, as usual, special thoughts out to you.

Heading off, time's up so hugs to anyone I didn't get to.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #351  
Empress/Queen

Actually, there's been a royal holiday declared in my house ... I can't stay awake. Tried to call in sick for my training day but she always talks me out of it. Sorry. Not up to posting much. Posted a Valentine's Day warning from the departed spirit of Questar the ... a Food slayer who now dwelleth in another dimension ... on the food thread.

In case anyone asks, as once they did on my 3FC journal when I got too far into role playing, I am NOT on medication!

Kaylets, if I had a job that offered free hot chocolate, I'd be in big trouble!

Zadie, congratulations for thy impending auntdom ... be it thy first?

Guys, I'm in big trouble if I can't even stay awake to post here as I have a ton o' deadline c**p to do this weekend.

Was noticing during my workout that I can't say or do anything that is not negative ... this is a problem I will deal with when I get well.

Going to check out the NOLA thread ... I discern Ceara hath posted there and am wanting to see what she hath to say ...

I sure miss SJ and wonder where she hath gone. We be missing some other folkettes as well.

QOD: I play a number of instruments but none of them very well ... quess I'd like to really be good on the organ ... want to play Mendelsohn (sp?) on a big pipe organ in a cathedral in London and then go home to the woods and carve fallen oak trees.

Soundsl like a plan.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:05 AM   #352  
deleted2

My first choice for the'musical instrument question was the harp. They always look so graceful and sound so serene, but that music doesn't really 'move' me for long. I'd love to know how to play the banjo---wow, how's that for a quantum leap?!

Wildfire, congrats on the loss!

I was sick yesterday--I don't know what happened. Just one of those things that came swooping in out of nowhere. Happened in the afternoon and I was weak and nauseous for the rest of the day. Last night I slept like a stone and now I feel fine. What was that?

Gotta go. Dear Garry is bound and determined to take me out for lunch today. And when we go anywhere it's a major expedition, since we live so far out from civilization. I'll report later.

Happy Day, friends!

Old 02-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #353  

Hello all!

Coming by very late as recvd word of a death in the family. Very elderly aunt who became widowed in September... in many ways,
a blessing to know she's not greiving anymore or in pain but still, this is hard news for our family.

Today's thought of the day:
"You can clutch the past so tightlyto your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."
--Jan Glidewell

Question of the day :

"Will the world be a better place a hundred years from now?"
-- Table Topics-- The Pampered Chef

Anyone for a cup of tea?

. . . . . . . . . .

Last edited by Kaylets; 02-14-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #354  
Empress/Queen

Sorry to hear of thy relative's passing, K! Yes, that's hard news indeed, as age doth not make anyone less dear to us.

Eydie, that Questar lady be back on the food thread with another warning as WE KNOW WHAT THIS DAY IS!!! Questar hath announced Amarantha's no candy pledge for the day.

I'm still sick but worked a bit and will work out to meet my challenge.

[b]If no one objects, I'M GOING TO START A NEW THREAD RIGHT NOW! Twenty-four pages is enough, dinna ye think, s! I'll put this a.m.s posties by K and E on the new thread, so if everyone would be kind and post there, I'd really be thankful and send you some virtual Valentine's candy!!! Hoping all s will start posting again on a regular basis now ... she saith wistfully ...
Old 02-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #355  
Empress/Queen

NEW THREAD POSTED: CCRRMMS AT HOME IN THE PALACE!!! CALLING ALL s, COME HOME, COME HOME, IT'S A VALENTINE'S DAY JUNGLE OUT THERE IN THE COLD!!! DINNA POST HERE! BE THERE OR BE HEART SHAPED!!!
Closed Thread