Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 10:27 AM   #226  
deleted2

Arabella, what a nightmare--having no heat on the plane. I was afraid as I was reading that the next thing to happen was you'd have no heat in your room--very relieved to hear that your'e toasty.

Wildfire, I love cheetah print anything! Bet you look great! [now that i think about it, I don't own cheetah-print anything--what's up with that? I do have that dog bed...]

Snowed all day yesterday and today we're supposed to have freezing rain. I hope we don't lose electricity. This kind of weather makes me want to EAT! And yesterday I did---still measured and counted calories, the only good thing is I kept it under 2000 calories. Have to do a little better today.

Old 01-26-2004, 10:42 AM   #227  
caffeine free!

Hello!
I am back. It was a very tough weeek both at work and at home, but it is nice to be back. I am actually in a good mood, but it was an everything that can go wrong will kinda week. Our furnace died on us and it was very cold (like low of -18 and high of 0). We have the woodstove but... Next a friend of mine was in a very deep funk becuasse she has depression problems and her sister tried to kill herself by running her car into a tree and her parents are getting a divorce and she was very sick and her apartment heat would not kick in. So I had to do some rescue missions. Then we ran low on wood, so we had to go out with the chainsaw and cut some. We have a stack of slab wood in nine foot lengths. It is not too hard, but it takes some time, and in weather like this, it is none too fun. And my foot still hurts. And one of the precious kitties was sick (he is much better now).

Today it is warmer and it is snowing. I think this will be a good week.

Now I get to go back and read all of the wonderful posties.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:10 AM   #228  
Your Cruise Director

Morning ladies! Sorry to do a monday morning driveby again, but I've got a lot going on today. I'll drop in at lunch and log our miles for NOLA and give you all a proper update, I promise.

But anyways, Just wanted to send Happy Monday Morning thoughts to you all.

You know what I like about mondays? It's a fresh week. Any mistakes from the week before are forgotten.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:52 PM   #229  
deleted2

zadie, you did have quite the week. Glad this week's looking better for you!

Hi Seattlejo! I like Monday too. Clean slate time!

I just shoveled snow for 80 minutes. It was hard work but I just went into 'John Henry' mode until it was done. Garry too. It's sort of a ridiculously ambitious thing to do because we have a really long gravel driveway. What were we thinking, but 'tis done! I love thinking of all the calories I must've incinerated! Poor little charred things!

Last edited by deleted2; 01-27-2004 at 10:41 AM.

Old 01-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #230  

Default Incinerated calories.... I love it...

What a great visual..... We always say " need to burn calories..."
I feel some great ideas coming from that one....

well, I am very pleased to announce, after 2 weeks of "maintaining" I finally saw a drop of 1 lb. Now, I know 2 weeks hardly constitutes a plateau to some ( Empress ) but I am still impressed with myself....
It is more fun to see it go down.

I can't stick around much tonight-- we have back to back storms coming thru and becuase I am so unfit in the area of strength training, my bad shoulder is sore and very fatigued. I even had to go into the ladies room at work and do some shoulder rolls and elephant trunk moves ( you bend over and swing the arms from the shoulders) .... Interesting, just imagnining doing those excercises now has relaxed the whole area considerably... hmmmmm ...... of course, I am also relaxed here on 3FC, drinking Vanilla tea .....

Anyway...Dr Phil had some nutrition experts on tonight.... and this is one I never heard before but made SOOOOO MUCH sense when I heard it tonight...

Plateau buster tip: Make sure you get enough rest..... Sounds like something we've heard a thousand times before except never about weight loss.... The reason is this: When our body is fatigued, the body craves sugar.......
Hmmmmmmmm....... so again, I am suprised to find out something I knew ALL ALONG!!

Anyway, my friends.... Off to the showers...

and Cerise, yes, that's all great info about making more than one meal at a time.. its so much easier to know something healthy is waiting for you on those crazy nights....In fact, Dh and I had more of the chili I mentioned we made over the weekend ( with the curry spices??) tonight but as we were eating dinner, we were cooking down cabbage for tomorrow's dinner...

Seattle Jo! I called your name out in traffic this am! Did you hear me??? I didnt mean to forget you !! You are my cruise director!

Kettle is on!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:53 AM   #231  

Hello all!

had to defer to getting out on the roads as there was no way of knowing where ice was or wasn't..... Luckily, I encountered none... on the roads at least-- there is a shell of ice everhywhere that salt or chemical has not been touched.

Thought of the day :
"Pessimsim never won any battle"-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Question of the day :

" What is your favorite item to find on sale?"

Take care all!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #232  
deleted2

Good morning, Glorious Queens!

I'm so sore from shoveling yesterday,but I'm working it out. Did a bellydancing video this morning that's ideal for getting all those little crunchy kinks out. Snowed in again--actually iced in. I'm not complaining, it just means I'll have to watch my pennies, 'cause I don't get paid if I don't work.

Kaylets, congrats on dropping a pound! Keep going!

I've come back down to 136 pounds--that feels really good. I was afraid that I was losing my nerve there, and couldn't bear to be at goal. How weird am I?

Old 01-27-2004, 03:35 PM   #233  
caffeine free!

Hello,
So, i got my new drivers liscence yesterday adn they made a bit of an error. They put down the wrong weight. It is funny because I was fairly honest about my weight on the form and now they put down the weight that I wished I was at on my liscnece anyway. O well, that is an incentive I guess.

Eydie - I am there with you on the snow shoveling pain. We live on a corner and got up eaarly today to shovel ourselves out. We got about 6 inches yesterday. Today is a reprieve, but very cold and then...more snow.

Kaylets - congrats on breaking the mini plateau.

QOD: hmmm. I am very frugal so I tend not to buy stuff except for food, so I would say blueberries. Although I am thinking of buying a sofa, so I could use a sale on sofas right about now. Right now our only seating in the living room is two small wooden chairs which is a little too austere.

well, my work is calling.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #234  
wsw

hi all!

it is cold, snowy, and icy here too. my closing was supposed to have been yesterday afternoon, re-scheduled for this afternoon, and that was cancelled as well. actually, it was not only because of the weather, but additionally, because the "package" sent from the seller (who is in another city) is missing in action and they're still hunting for it. the closing is going to be at my apt., so i wouldn't have had to worry about getting out. oh well. my friends took me out yesterday to get the certified check, so i am all ready on this end and just waiting to see when this can be scheduled again. my friend got me out yesterday in the snow and ice in my wheelchair, and as always, was so kind and gracious about it as though it were no big deal. i really am so very lucky in the friend department!

kaylets-congrats on the weight loss and breaking your plateau.

i have been stuck at the same weight for far too long now, though some of this is from my not having been diligent enough on my food plan. i have been in the past week, so maybe next week will reflect something positive. well, thinking of you all. take care, and keep warm.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #235  

Default Wintry Mix = ICE STORM

Hello all!

We are in the midst of an icestorm.... just occured to me we could lose power..
hmmm....

Think I'd trade the ice storm for shoveling .....

WSW-- you must feel very gifted to have such understanding friends....
Except for DH and family, I can only think of 2 or 3 friends I could expect the same... I hope I am as good a friend in return to them.
I was looking at your stats in your signature line and am so impressed. You inspire me!! You're NO EXCUSES Mentality is so uplifting... Thanks for sharing with us !
I know it must be frustrating that the closing keeps getting rescheduled ... We were hounding Fedex at our office for some "important" documents ourselves.... perhaps you're pw is in the same terminal in TN I imagine our client's documents are as well. It is ironic to me how for all our ideas of how "advanced" we are, that Mother Nature can still put us in our place!

Wildfire- You asked if I would post the speech.... hmmmmm...... would that be imposition upon the Royal Personages?? Most often, I do "rewrite" as I'm speaking but if I do win, an outline will have to be "officially" submitted....

Remember a conversation about making a list of email addresses to share ??
I have one new one and a few from about a year ago....I did get an ok from the Empress and Anagram... I have been hoping for an "ok" from the other "regulars" .
Perhaps I can make this simpler.... Is anyone opposed to having their email address shared???

Eydie-- Mexican soup sounds promising... thanks for posting the recipe....

Well, if we are going to lose power, perhaps I should take a shower now and get tomorrow's clothes ironed. Although, I imagine wrinkled clothing would be the least of it.....

Anyway... TO THE SHOWERS!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:07 PM   #236  
Empress/Queen

Default Yowza!

s ... I've been enjoying some good food discussions on the 21-day demon food challenge and I've proposed over there, although as a 21-day countdown, I think it's not really super effective, as we all need to set our own timeframes. So I posted a proposal to end that thread and start a new one that just says "CCRRMM Demon Food Challenge" ... as a place for the CCRRMMs to just set food challenges, report on our menus, food related issues, whatever is related to the food we are taking in on the journey ... both Demon Food and Angel Food (not cake) ... the NOLA thread being about exercise and the main thread being about support and well, it's the main room in the palace ... but food is the third part of the equation and for me at least, it's been really helpful to go to that one thread and find a food discussion and recipes and Eydie's menus and Kaylets talking about whole wheat flour and being able to bore everyone with my biscuit fixation ... if no one objects, I'll start the new thread tomorrow ... so please let me know if this offends anyone!

Ola, K!!!! Congrats on the down ... actually, I don't consider this a plateau ... I consider it a loss in the right direction! After a certain amount of weight loss, it's hard to lose anything (don't I know it) so you've done a great job! Have a banana!!!!

I'm enjoying my hiatus from getting on the scale ... feel I've eaten a lot in the past two weeks and I don't intend to let a gain sidetrack me ... might even wait another week ... but getting antsy to see where I am ... hoping for at least a maintain when I do get on.

Wsw ... sorry thy closing got delayed ... when I bought this house, they kept delaying it for five (count 'em) months! They got so sick of me yelling at them, they finally got it done! Hopefully, your's will go smoothly and swiftly!

Zadie ... that's kind of cool about the weight on thy license being thy desired weight ... that really is an incentive ... the universe seems to be trying to help thee make thy wish come true, so thou cannot fail!!!

Eydie ... congrats to thee for reaching down to 136 again ... thou be staying in a good range so all's well!!!! Yowza!

To all, mentioned or unmentioned, huzzah and hoorah!!! I need to take a nap with Old Dog who is doing her happy dance against my leg to call my attention to the fact that she exists!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:26 AM   #237  

Hello all!

Am here early as rode w/ DH. Its refreshing to be here so early....every thing seems fresh and clean....

Storm wasnt as bad as it could've been so I'm grateful....
Am hoping our other Royal personages on the East Coast don't need to travel or have conditions similiar to ours here.

Empress-- Your food thread sounds good.... You're right...its tough trying to find a challenge that fits all of us as we all have specific needs..Interesting how so many "experts" are beginning to say the same thing .... Meanwhile WW's has been offering the same philosophy for awhile...

Anyone see Dr Phil yesterday regarding addiction and specifcally the young lady with an Ephedra addiction of 11 yrs??? Again, its amazing what marketing will neglect to mention-- for instance, ephedra blocks iron absorbtion. The woman only knew because she had so many medical complications....even needed a transfusion at one point....
And where was she buying them ......??? Gas stations....
Think the Ephedra might be a good "hard core" example for my marketing speech....

Today's thought of the day :

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
--Will Rogers

Question of the day :

"How many places have you lived?"

I do have a hot cup of tea right here.

KETTLE IS ON....
Old 01-28-2004, 07:52 AM   #238  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation Is it Wednesday already?!?

QOD Hnmm..1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11....houses. Places 1, 2,(cottage in summers) 3,(London), 4,(Amherstburg) 5,(Swan Hills) 6,(LaSalle) 7,(here).

Am emerging from the fog...yes storm wasn't as bad as the doom and gloom sayers were predicting...musta been a slow news day...sorry Empress A...but sometimes I think the media get bored and wind us up...or try. I'm not too windable these days. Some of our roads were a mite icy, but I live in Canada for Pete's Sake!!! We GET SNOW! And I'm really tired of being told to be careful out there by the radio stations...wadda they think we do...drive the Indy?

Am going to get onto the treadmill and then go off to my dr, appt...which they kindly moved to this am due to the icy roads

So will try and catch up later....good to see you all...where's Cerise? and wsw it is GOOD to have great friends....I agree. We are all the richer for them.

Ceara
Old 01-28-2004, 08:14 AM   #239  
deleted2

Kaylets, yes, you have my permission to share my e-mail address with the rest of the queens!

wsw, I remember our closing so well. I was so excited and nervous and punchy. So many papers to sign and then I went to our new home. Ahhh, it was sweet!

Ceara, is your treadmill working any better for you, or is it still slipping?

Amarantha's right! There's a good thing going on with the 'Demon Food' thread--I'd love to see you all there!

Old 01-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #240  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello one and all!

Due to a snicky internet connection, I may, or may not, make it back on this week. Either my ISP is up to something OR that damn worm (which I've already received, thank God for PC-Cillin) is bogging the systems. Either way, on Monday I waited 38 minutes for the 3FC page to load... and it never did.

Wrist is doing better. Still pretty sore, but I'm up to lifting a full coffee cup (amazing progress really) and the tender spots aren't as painful. Of course, still taking it easy using it, still wearing a brace at night and soaking in epsom salt. Bless the person who invented THAT stuff! Hot bath with salts... pure bliss!

Given the iffy-ness of connecting, I'll try to make the most of this post!

Kaylets, yep, you can share my email addy (privately of course ) to the royal personages here!

WSW, I hope your missing paperwork shows up soon! Good luck on the move, I'm sure you're SO excited!!! You do sound like you are blessed with great friends.

Ceara, would it be right to wish "luck" at the Dr.'s today? I'll be thinking good thoughts for ya, hopefully they can get your "workings" all straightened out!

Cerise, yes, it would be much easier if I could be really pi$$ed at my co-worker, but that dang "love your mommy" instinct always kicks in. S'okay though, she's easier to work with than a LOT of people I've worked with in the past. Of course it took a looooong time for me to mold her to my way of doing things. Now that she does what I say, we get along just peachy!

Eydie, hey! I don't see anything wrong with sleeping on the floor in front of the heater! Now, if you circle a few times to find that comfy spot, I may start to wonder though!

Wildfire, I got frustrated just reading about your experience with that sales lady! How maddening!!!! You're right, after going through all that, why would you *want* to shop there again? Who needs to be accosted? Shopping's supposed to be enjoyable!

Zadie, glad to see you back! I was getting a little worried... guess the food poisoning and ankle are all doing better?

Arabella, I can't imagine no heat on a plane! I freeze on flights when there *is* heat! DH and DS's time together went good?

Amarantha, spam has recently become my enemy. I went for yeeeears without it and now I get an average of 50 a day. That may not be many to some, but from 0 to 50 is ridiculous - and some of it is SO offensive (and I'm no prude!). Anywho, don't know where it came from, if it was someone lurking 'round 3FC then hexes on them for daring to violate the privacy of our palace!

Well all, guess I should quit tempting fate and send this post off before I'm disconnected, never to reconnect again!!!! Smooches to all and happy weekend if I'm not back!

Terri
Closed Thread