Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #76  

Happy - You were typing over my head! Yay for progress ! Keep up the good work. === Boo re the siding.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
How are you coming along with your new work assignments? Yeah for doing those classes at the Y.

Annie
Yes on the boot. It has to be easier getting around rather than the scooter. Are you spoiled with staying home and not having to go to work? How is little miss Sassy doing?

Shad
Always something to clean. Don't think I will get caught up till Christmas! I do like having the extra room. Not so much the yard work though. Was spoiled by having someone else to do this for me.

Happy
Glad you went to the ER for the pain. Sorry that this is taking longer that you expected. Ouch on the bursitis/tendonitis flare ups. Keep doing the physical therapy and you will be better in no time. Yes I am happy. Glad that it shows through. I have no worries of work!

Hello's to Dee and Susie
--------
Ventured a little deeper into Springfield yesterday to find the dealership. However, you can't just drive in one has to make an appointment. Sigh, so I did that and found my way back home. Actually took the James River Freeway which was pretty simple to say the least. Told my sister that Springfield is not the same as driving in Jonesboro.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #78  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Happy day today - I leave shortly for the nurse to remove my staples and this dreadful gel like bandage. can.not.WAIT!!! I think I finally turned a corner yesterday afternoon after many rough starts. I iced vigorously and got most of the swelling out of my leg which really does help. I still have pain but not as intense, more like a steady dull ache. Need to get off the pain pills too. My sleep is still very disrupted, I doze during the day because I am not sleeping at night. Problem is, during the day as I fall asleep I get these hypnic jerks - those full body jerks you sometimes get when you are dozing off and think you are falling. The jerks are becoming more frequent and strong. I have bit my lip 3 times already from them. I also am getting what they referred to as "exploding head syndrome" - that's where I'm partially asleep and I hear a loud noise in my head that pops me awake again. Sometimes it's a loud bang I think I heard, other times I'm thinking that DH called me and he really didn't because he's not even in the vicinity as he ran into town to take care of errands! I really don't think this narcotic medicine is doing much for me any way. I was walking around yesterday in the house without the walker. Need to be careful (as I am) but also to not over do it. I am still rather weak and my muscles need to get used to the new structure of my knee. The medical supply store got the doctor's order for a wheeled walker but it was one of those aluminum ones like a already have, but with 2 wheels in the front - not much better than I already have. I want the one with a seat. More phone calls, ask the doctor to re-do the prescription for the walker. Wait days for them to send it to the medical supply store - then wait more days for the medical supply to call me back. By the time I get it, I won't need it any more!!!! And most importantly, I didn't have it when I really could have used it.

How is Springfield different than Jonesboro? Bigger city, more traffic? Bigger layout? We have alot of Missouri vacationers up this way. I recognize the license plates all the time.

Laura - hope the scratchy throat has mended itself. Is this a seasonal thing too? We had to say goodbye to the 70's temperatures That cold front moving in has us in the mid 60's for the next 2 weeks. I think that's the autumn bump. You will appreciate the cooler, drier weather no doubt. Yep, I'm sure there will be quite the period of adjustment if BF goes back to a regular office job again. It really is helpful to have a partner home during the day. DH was the house husband the last 2 years we were in TN and that was handy. That means you will probably pick up more chores too

Annie - any more news about Sassy? HOw are you doing with your foot?

My knee is very uncomfortable sitting here so I'm going to crawl into the shower and try and unknot things before heading off to the nurse this morning.

Happy weekend kids - hellos to the rest of the Worldies
Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #79  

Happy
Springfield has around 100,000 population. Jonesboro around 67,000. I do like the how the streets and interstates are laid out. I'm more familiar with the area than I thought and will not have to go that deep into Springfield very often. Battlefield is around 5,900 residents. When I get my recall taken care of Wednesday and inspection sticker I'm going into Republic the town next over from where I live to get my tags and driver's license changed over.

Laura
Sorry you have had the sore throat during the night. Glad it is better this morning.

Dee
I don't think my sis and bil will try to make out group a foursome.

Susie
I was wondering why you were overloaded right now in work. Sounds like you and dh have worked out a sensible plan for the future.

Annie and Shad Hello

---------
Need to get up and get started. My cable provider came yesterday. I was doing okay with the antenna but miss my other channels.
I'm a little upset with my uncle. He tries to do things he shouldn't after having surgery. The doctors had planned to put stints in his leg to help with the blood circulation but they decided to do the balloon surgery to open his veins. My aunt is not their now to keep him tied down so to speak and he's been up gallivanting around. He went to church Wednesday and to the grocery store on Thursday. He said he was at home putting away groceries and fell. From the way he described it he passed out. I told him not to be doing any of that until he is released from his doctor. His son and daughter in law were their last night.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #80  

Morning all. TGIF.

I got a load of laundry going last night and then did about half of the body bar dvd.

I have a mixed opinion. The dvd has a few routines I didn’t care for, which is okay because I can always modify or substitute. But the “feel” of the video isn’t the same as other Margaret Richard workout dvd’s or like her Body Electric shows. Different production company I guess. The music was kind of generic and didn’t fit the speed of the routines. My body bar is 12 pounds, which was too heavy for some of the routines, but it’s easy to substitute lighter hand weights. I did triceps, pecs, biceps, back, shoulders, calves and outer thighs. I said “mixed” and only mentioned the negatives, lol. One thing I did like is that one of the two exercisers in the background stopped a couple times during one of the tougher routines to stop and stretch. I don’t care if she was using a really heavy bar, it made me feel like I wasn’t the only one being challenged!

Tomorrow I’m going to a fest to see a band with my friend out in her neck of the woods. I’ll stay overnight. On Sunday afternoon, there’s a cookout with the Relay for Life team. I would have liked to skip it, but it was scheduled so that everyone could make it, so there’s really no getting out of it without seeming rude.

I’m not really in the mood to do anything this weekend, but that seems to be the case a lot of the time these days. I’m glad I don’t have anything going on in the next few weeks, except us cruise people are getting together again to discuss some more plans. And I have to say I haven’t been doing any research to speak of. Sigh.

Okay, gonna skip personals because I have to hit the ladies room before a 10 am meeting. Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-23-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:09 AM   #81  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all. Very busy yesterday with medical stuff. Won't bore you with all the details until there is a full diagnosis which should be end of week.
Today had been very hot buy at least it is not humid yet. I was out in the garden earlier this morning and discovered that the bugs are back. Time to get out the big spray.
My computer is in the hospital and should be back late next week. I'm limited to the phone and sons computer when he gives me the correct password. So posts will be short and sporadic.
Happy glad to hear you are on the mend.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #82  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy one year sobriety to me today. 9.24.15-16. Amazing to me that I don't even think about alcohol. My sponsor gave me a sweet card and candle
Old 09-24-2016, 06:10 PM   #83  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Annie - congratulations and well done
Such a strong lady.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #84  

Alright Annie!
Old 09-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #85  
Choose your hard

Happy Anniversary Annie So very, very proud of you! It's been a year of many challenging times for you but you stuck with the program and that's a HUGE accomplishment. Congratulations to you How are you feeling?

Shad - hope the computer gets fixed quickly. I can't imagine missing much more than my computer now a days. Although DH bought me (us) Iphones this past week. So now I can get connected again and be one of those people who walks around with my face buried in the phone. I hope your tests come out without too many problems and what ails you can be fixed by a good holiday and a stiff drink and then some attention to good clean living

Laura - seems like you might have to do more digging to find a body bar routine that works better for you. Hope you have a good Saturday with friends and music. Maybe you will enjoy the cookout after all - sometimes the events I really hate to go to turn out to be fun anyway. Sounds like you are sort of in a, I don't know - funk of sorts. Is that true?

Ceejay - wow - sounds like you landed in a good sized city with lots to explore and enjoy but not over the top heavily populated with traffic and such. Seems like you picked a great place. Glad you are enjoying it. As for your uncle, it's bad that he is overdoing things BUT we all know, one always pays in pain when they don't follow doctor's orders. He has to learn for himself.

I feel better with the staples out of my leg - that horrid pulling sensation I had seemed to be related to the staples. Now I worry about doing a deep bend and ripping open my scar I slept well last night - woke up about 6 times but it was just quick potty runs and a need to get a warmer blanket. I was able to prop my leg on a pillow and was fairly comfortable. All day today I have had a dull but constant ache in my bones - from ankle to pelvis. It's annoying - at this point I am tired of being in pain. I really did suffer through this ordeal. I stopped taking the narcotic pain relievers as they simply were not working. I am taking over the counter Motrin. Took a long hot shower today - that was the best I felt all day. Wish I could go in the hot tub but not for another 2 or 3 weeks - my wound has to be completely closed. I'm still not comfortable sitting at the computer for more than 15 minutes or so. I have had a terrible backache all day - told DH I wondered if they made my legs the same length when they did the surgery. DH said it probably never occured to them... ack!

With that hellos to Susie and Dee - have a good Sunday all.

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-24-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #86  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Sobriety Anniversary to Anne That is a very important accomplishment and I am very proud of you. We have a friend who has been 7 months without a drink. He told us that yesterday when we all went out to dinner. I always let him know how proud of him I am . It is hard to face our issues head on without comforting ourselves in dependent ways...but you have now done this for 1 year!

Happy: I think you are doing very well with your surgery recovery. Give it time and keep pushing through as you are. You are doing great! Let's hope they made your legs the same length!

Shad: I hope that things are going in a good direction with your medical things. What is going on with your computer that you have to be without it for a few days? Do you have a tablet or a smartphone that you can access the digital world or are you enjoying the bliss of being unplugged.

Ceejay: it sounds like you are enjoying your new home and your new town. Is the unpacking done yet?

Laura: How was the band and the overnight with your friend?

Hi Dee!

DH did very well wit the cardio conversion. It seems that his afib organized itself as afutter. His cardo doctor said it is something that can happen after the ablation. They might need to do another ablation to fix it. For now, we see how long he holds in rhythm.

Friday was busy with the cardio conversion. We got home from the hospital about 6 p.m. Saturday we cleaned house a bit and then went to dinner with some friends.

Today, we slept in and didn't go to church. I have gotten the bills paid and the home office in order. I'm going to put some of the summery clothes away and then plan to nap a bit, then work a few hours , eat dinner, take a walk and watch a bit of tv (catching up with Dancing with the Stars) and I plan to be in bed at 10 p.m.

I also decided to set a goal for myself for 3 months from now. A gift I want to give to myself for Christmas morning....a 15 lbs loss.

So I created a new ticker to track it.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-25-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:09 AM   #87  

Happy
I told you wrong about the population of Springfield. I was estimating. Brother in law told me it was about 159,000. Good for you in taking yourself off of the narcotics. Those kind of meds scare me. Is the PT making you do knee bends?

Annie
Congratulations on the one year of sobriety.

Shad
Do you have your computer back?

Susie
That is a great idea for your goal. And what a great Christmas gift! I'm getting more things done so I need to get started again with a program.

Hi Dee.

------
I'm getting more and more things put into place and my house is beginning to look like home. Learning my way around more also. I went with my sister and bil into Springfield Thursday night. Her children's aunt by marriage was visiting and wanted to visit. We had a good visit. My nephews play the guitar so they would take turns picking and singing. My nephews daughter who is only six years old likes to perform and she sang too. Friday night I was in Branson, no shows. Saturday morning we went out to breakfast but I can't do that very often. Those were huge servings.
Sunday was church and afterwards I got to eat lunch which was a salad and visit some more with sis and bil. They had an special event at church which I didn't stay for and drove back to Battlefield. It was raining when I got back home. This morning its 62 degrees. Think tonight it's supposed to be in the upper 40's to low 50's. I'm ready for cooler weather.
Getting some things together to take to Goodwill. There's one on my way to Ash Grove.
I keep smelling something funny when I walk inside. I pin pointed this to the closet by the door and started to clean it. It still smelled. I was beginning to think there had been drugs in there! But I finally found the source which is mold on the ceiling. There is a leak in the ceiling in the joining bedroom and last night found another leak in that bedroom closet. They know about it. I saw the area on the roof last night. And the song that says my roof has a hole in it and I might drown came to mind as it was raining. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-26-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #88  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I am getting along here. Yesterday I stumbled up a forum for joint replacement surgery and post rehabilitation. Some very good information on there including pain management and resisting the urge to speed up the healing process and over extending yourself. They say this is about a four month process - dang ... and I thought I signed up for the 2 week rapid drive through window I have accepted that what needs to be done, needs to be done. Still trying to manage the pain. I tried some different meds on a regular basis and they help better than the Motrin alone. I had half a good night last night - woke up doing alot of twitching and those full body jolts again. My back, hip and the side of my knee are bothering me today. It's chilly and cold out too - 50 degrees. I will talk to the physical therapist today to see what he recommends.

Yesterday we went out to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. I had a shrimp dish in a red sauce that was delicious except at bedtime it gave me indigestion and when I woke up in the middle of the night the seasonings made me feel like I had "sewer mouth" which sometimes happens with Mexican food. DH said hey this is the first time you've been "outside" in over 2 weeks save for physical therapy. I said it doesn't seem like 2 weeks have passed - just a few days in fact. So I guess that's a good thing.

Not much else going on up this way. The leaves are starting to turn, I hope I can get in the ATV for a ride or two before they fall off the trees. We still have to get the boat prepped for winter storage. I feel badly for DH - he really is overwhelmed with so many things that need to be done and it's all on him. There really isn't much I can help him with. Yesterday I told him to take a Mel-i-day (Mel's term for a personal holiday all to yourself). He wound up staining banister poles for the railings - said he tried to do some stuff with his camera but couldn't get anywhere with it and got frustrated so he figured if he stained, he'd at least feel he got something accomplished.

Susie - I'm glad to hear that DH sailed through yet another ablation. I know my DH was just twisted in a knot when he read that sometimes they have to do it again. I hope this one "sticks" for him and he can stay in rhythm. Yay for you for setting a doable goal for the end of the year. Get into that mindset now and have a good start so that November's holiday goodies don't tempt you or at least have built up a nice loss up to that point so that you don't want to mess up.

Hello to the rest of the chicks. Perhaps some of you have posted while I was working on this post so I'll have to catch up with personals.

I am at a loss for what day it is. Didn't realize it's Monday - and the last Farmers Market for the season They will be going to a monthly basis in October at our local library but it's not the same thing. Goodbye summer freshness.

Ah well, off to clean the bathroom.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #89  
Choose your hard

aha! I see you have all posted while I was struggling to get my post to take. Now to catch up.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #90  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - you sound as if you are just having the grandest time in your new life. I'm glad you have lots of family to help you get used to the new area. Yikes on the mold and possible plumbing leak in the ceiling. Hope that can get repaired without too much trouble. Good thing you are observant and have a good nose!
Closed Thread