Old 04-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #106  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
It's about bedtime and I remembered that I hadn't posted today. Not that there is much going on. Just busy with everyday life I suppose. Then there was the footy on this afternoon, and one of my teams was playing. They lost, Friday nights team lost as well. Tonights team won. One out of three ain't bad I guess. Could have been worse.

So ......I guess I will be back tomorrow. It's time for bed and I am not thinking well at this stage of the day. I should fold up the washing, but that might happen when I get up tomorrow - since I will need some of the clothes in the wash anyway.

See you tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:54 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Trying this one more time. Think I've made up my mind to go ahead and go to Paragould today. Don't really feel like it. Still have neck pain and slight headache. Took two Excedrin Migraine pills before I went to bed last night. Going to take a prescription pain med after I eat breakfast. Then I will know for sure whether or not I'm going to Paragould.

Shad
Glad you are having time to relax.

Dee
Also glad to hear that your biopsy was clear. Never heard of Tumeric to help fight infections.

Susie
When I feel better I will try the Zumba again but no high intensity for me. I may stick to riding my bike. My nieces were trying to be helpful.

Need to get on with my day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #108  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls I just popped in to see how many typos I did when I was sleepy & posting last night I didn't do many just @ the end when I was saying goodbye. I meant to say: Enjoy our beautiful warm temps in 7 more months our freezing winter will b back.

I hope U liked the pics I took of these 2 posters @ my Internal Medicine Doctor office & @ the Naturopathic Doctor office I also see for a 2nd opinion before I agree to take a RX drug incase there is a natural alternative that can give the same healing as the harsh RX w side effects. I've been doing this for over 20 yrs along w seeing a chiropractor that saved many ppl I've know from having surgeries & being on terrible RX that ruin the liver & kidneys. Naturopathic Doctors have a medical degree w 4 yrs. of medical school but no hospital internship for surgery & their focus is on the Natural Health options that r nutritional w plant based foods, herbs & supplements that everyone should know about to use. Ex: my body isn't composed of toxic artificial ingredients chemicals the companies use, my body is composed from water & nature nutrients. So for myself & all ppl consulting w a Naturopathic is Logical & intelligent when we have health issues instead of running to a store or our medical doctor getting a RX w harmful side effects. Today's scientific medicine has a wonderful place in our life, but we should also b cautious when using artificial drugs & 'include natural health prevention & healing' first & not eliminate either form of healing from our body. Getting a consultation w a Naturopathic Dr. is a good place to begin if anyone takes pills for problems. When my Internal Dr. she told me to take a RX for sleeplessness because my brain was stressed & wouldn't stop thinking about stuff; I asked my Naturopath & he said to try 2 Melatonin tablets 1 hr. prior to bedtime & I slept like a baby & I woke up rested. So if I don't soak in a warm tub w candles & calm music, I use the Melatonin on stressful nights.

Hi Ceej, there r many links for Healthy Herbs & spices. When I was told about Turmeric I began using it as a seasoning to help me & I sprinkle it on something daily. Here is a sample of its benefits, it is Not for infections as U thought. I use it for the inflammation sting I get w my sciatic nerve pain in my right leg if I have to sit over 3 hours straight; & 4 months ago I began taking it to shrink my breast lump & my Internalist MD doctor said my breast nodule size had reduced by 1/3 its size from my 6 month mammogram/US & I told her about my daily sprinkling of Turmeric & she was happy for me that it could b beneficial.
This definition is from a Medicinal Herbs website:

Turmeric: Habitat: Southern Asia. Cultivated in China, Bengal and Java. Botanical Name(s): Curcuma Longa
Popular Name(s): Curcuma, Indian Saffron, Yellow Ginger, Indian saffron herbaceous perennial plant: Turmeric is a mild aromatic stimulant used in the manufacture of curry powders and mustards. Turmeric has many health benefits. The curcumin in turmeric has recently been shown effective in the fight against breast cancer, Alzheimer's and Arthritis. This herb can be used internally to assist with digestive problems and skin complaints, circulatory disorders as well as tumors in the uterus and menstrual problems. It is also indicated to help with painful menstruation. Furthermore it is used to treat liver disease and jaundice as well as colon cancer.

I told Laura about my favorite Basil plant flavors I grow & use, I have a large herb garden w lots of herbs that r tasty & also have good health benefits.

Have a fun weekend everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Healthy Food.jpg (43.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg FunMeals.jpg (59.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by miniDoodles; 04-18-2015 at 12:21 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #109  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Sorry I have not posted lately. Been wrestling with my computer the last 3 days. A scan showed a bad sector on my hard drive and the warranty sent a replacement which I must return the bad part by next Tuesday or get charged huge fees. Well for the last 3 days we have been trying to back up my computer - we are sure the replacement disk drive is empty without even an operating system on it. Have tried 3 different programs and 2 different external drives and the backups all fail at 99 percent complete. FRUSTRATING thing is - can't get any detail on WHAT the errors mean. The backups have been taking anywhere from 4 to 9 hours to run and you are not supposed to use your computer while it's running so that pretty much knocks me out. DH has the resolution on his monitor set so microscopically small that it's annoying to use his machine and I don't want to keep messing things up for him by changing it. This is a man who can't read without his glasses - how he can see this teeny font is beyond me So I have not been on the computer much at all. I am going to have to call Dell and see if they will give me an extension on returning the replacement drive. We are going to have dinner at some friends tonight and her hubby likes my cookies - I don't think she gives him much in the way of sweets DH has requested peanut butter and I'd like to find one more kind to have a variety. Been searching recipes - nothing sounds good and I have already made butter cookies, thumbprints, oatmeal and cranberry walnut varieties for him. I know he'd be happy with whatever I brought so I keep telling myself not to fuss. I have not heard anything back from the thrift shop managers however the president is busy because the shelter is taking in about 10 dogs from 2 rescue operations they have had recently in Illinois and Tennessee. I think it's good to just take a pass and let things quiet down for a while. The good news is this means I can attend another garden club presentation next Tuesday at the Senior Center on small space gardening. They have some good presentations and it's always Tuesday at 10:30 and I am always working so it's nice to be free for a change. DH mentioned today that he is considering seeing a doctor - he's been having pain in his spine, neck and it's running down his arm when he plays the guitar. This is holding him back from doing anything as he is nervous about hurting his back - totally understandable. I helped him with a link and he selected a doctor and put in a request for an appointment. This will be his first try using Medicare instead of private insurance - we'll see if it goes easier or is a nightmare. I woke up this morning at 6 and went to the bathroom. One nostril was stuffed up - might have been from the morning air (I had the window open overnight) or the cat sleeping on my pillow around my head or any number of things. I got a drink of water and went back to bed. Went to lay down and all of a sudden my breathing became labored. Hard to describe the feeling - it was like my body was tired of automatically breathing and I had to force myself to breathe. The more I forced it, the more it felt like I was going to hyperventilate - perhaps breathing out of sync and getting in too much oxygen. I sat up and then the adrenaline kicks in and your body is on alert. It was a VERY uncomfortable feeling. I sat up in bed for a few minutes and debated about waking up DH to take me to the hospital - it was that nerve wracking. I grabbed my blanket and went and sat on the recliner and tried to regulate my breathing and relax. Said if I still felt this way in 10 minutes, I'd wake him up. I guess I fell back asleep while trying to relax and I am here now talking to you so it passed. I was going to take my blood pressure but I didn't know where the blood pressure machines were - DH has 3 of them scattered all around the house. When he got up and gave me one, my blood pressure was normal.

Dee - thanks for including the posters - cute food pics. If I spent that much time doing "food art" I'm not sure I'd want to destroy it by eating it I have turmeric also - it's very good for fighting inflammation in the body. Glad to hear your biopsy went well.

Ceejay - I agree with the other's advice on not giving up on Zumba. It is natural that when you do something more strenuous you will feel it for a while but as you do it more, your body gets used to it. I would feel the same way about yoga - and even now, some workouts are more challenging but I just push through it. Flat out pain is one thing but fatigue and soreness are another Good to mix things up also and not do the same kinds of exercises all the time.

Shad - hope your interview went well and you have another contract soon. Good to hear about the karma and the dragon lady. I'll bet she's aggravated. Hahahaha. THANK YOU for the DILLIRGAF - I am adding that to my vocabulary

Susie - I guess you don't have time to watch much TV but I will sometimes shred documents while I am watching a show. Or we burn them in our burn barrel. I hope the shot gives you more mobility and pain relief. Those cortisone shots really hurt, don't they?

Laura - you asked about my gardening class - oddly enough they didn't talk much about herbs. Just said most herbs don't need much water except for basil - always plant basil separately. They also said cilantro bolts fast and grows about 3 weeks and that's the life of the plant so in order to have a steady crop of cilantro you have to keep planting seeds about every 2 weeks and that's just the way it goes. Make sure you get an attorney that specializes in estate planning. Your situation is probably more like ours - pretty straight forward. It's the blended families and multiple marriages with yours, mine and ours kids that really gums up the works. We STILL need to get our act together.

Terra - hope you have a good day and that you got your walking in.

Annie- happy belated anniversary - sounds like you two had a great day and a nice, intimate celebration. How quickly time is flying. Sorry to hear the grandkids are sick. Nice of you to help out.

Hi Michelle

I'd better get off the computer before DH comes back and starts NAGGING me again. Geez, leave me alone - I know what I have to get done and what my schedule is. He is like one of those yappy annoying tiny dogs sometimes. I am trying to type up this post and he passes by and says - are you backing up your machine??? Why NOT? When are you going to do it???? Argh - just go out and run your errands and leave me be.

Anyway - let me finish up my stuff and have a good weekend everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #110  

Happy - you may have already tried this but........ you know how I love to poke my nose in to things.

Do the errors have a number - like 404 or 501 or similar??? Try google to get an explanation if they do. I have found lots of simple fixes for disc or function errors using these numbers.

Just a thought.
Back later - right now, I am off to the shed to put my new shelf system to good use. Maybe I will find some space in the shed and get rid of some junk along the way. Spent part of yesterday afternoon putting it together. If it works, I'll go buy some more.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:28 AM   #111  

Just waiting for my mini pizzas to cook. Today I made some pizza tomato sauce with onions, garlic and tinned tomatoes so I thought I would use some of it to make a couple of pizza for dinner. Must remember to put cheese on the board to pick up for shopping tomorrow.

Okay, where was I? oh yes cleaning the shed. Well I got a lot of stuff out of it and put much of that in the bin for next weeks rubbish collection. I put some more in the carport and will get the DS2 to take it to the dump next time he goes. I also pulled out a lot of stuff for him to take to his place since it all belongs to him. The shelf tower worked out okay, but as usual you get what you pay for and if I put the weight on those shelves that the box says I can, then it would be buckled and twisted. I'll save up for better stuff next time.

While I think about it. The interview went fine. They are now checking references so that will be interesting. I had a facebook chat with one of the people I worked with at Contact in NZ last year and he is now working at this new place as well. He is French and inclined to be volatile and he was taking a swipe at the Training Manager on Friday. Oh well what else is new on projects these days.

Happy - Hope you have managed to sort out the computer by now. Seems that the parts are not as robust as they used to be. It's a pain. Lucky your DH knows something about them.
Hope you enjoy the garden presentation. Gardening on small spaces??? How many acres have you got there?
Hope DH finds a reasonable doctor. That doesn't sound very pleasant for him. Mind you neither does the breathe shortage that you suffered either. Worrying.

Dee - thanks for the info on herbs. I have a reasonable herb patch here. Unfortunately the heat doesn't do a lot for them. The best performers are Rosemary and Garlic chives. Coriander just bolts off to seed within weeks and spreads seed everywhere. Flat leaf parsley isn't bad but the curly stuff doesn't last well. Mint ditto, Basil is okay if you put it in a pot and water it frequently. Mine looks pretty sick at the moment.
Glad to hear that you got the right biopsy in the right place and that it looks clear. Well done.

Ceejay - Stick with the Zumba for a while. It is probably wearing you out but hey, it is getting the exercise in. If it is too much, stop it at the halfway point but don't give up. Hope the headache is gone.

Susie - I had one of those shredders - actually I had several. They didn't like the amount of work I gave them and burnt out or got stuck. I should get another but it will have to be a bigger one next time. You can always put the shredded paper around the garden. Makes a good mulch.
Hope the knee improves

Laura - Yep the dragon got her comeuppance and yes I got more than a bit of satisfaction out of hearing that.
Good on you for riding the bike to the station. Good exercise. Sounds like your weekend is well taken care of with all those chores.
And no the cat has not adjusted. She has adopted Happy's hissy fits and I am not all that popular.

Annie - will have to find a butterfly for you instead of my pretty spider. You'd still be running if you saw the ugly monster that came out of my shed today. Your dinners continue to amaze. You should put some photos of them up here like I used to and will do again soon as I get back in the groove.

Okay, better go shut up the house before it is taken over with bugs. They are slowly dying off, but not quite fast enough to keep the place open after sunset.

I'm off to find a butterfly for Annie. See you.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #112  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey there - happy Sunday.

Chilly, windy and dreary here today. We a getting a cold front with the rain, going to be winter chilly again for several days next week, might even get a bit of snow on Tuesday. With all the gardening classes going on, I am eager to get outside and plant but have to remember we are still about 5 weeks too early for that unless I want to just toss my money out by replacing frost damaged plants.

I am still fussing with trying to get a good backup on my computer. Shad - I did try Googling the error code - nothing came up. Even read the entire user manual. I will have to contact support tomorrow. I just hope it's not in India.

Shad - small gardening - yes, I have 5 acres but almost all of it is covered by lots and lots of forest. And within that forest roam hungry critters that would love if I supplied them a good salad. So I have a fenced in garden - quite small actually and I am looking to expand it out a bit if I can. DH is also interested in a flower garden this year so surprise, surprise - move fast before he changes his mind. I'm glad your interview went well, hopefully something comes up soon but gives you enough time to get caught up at home before you are off and running again. How did you pizzas come out? Sounds like you have a good sauce base and I'm sure you added a few herbs. You are right, free standing shelves are not very sturdy at all. I think they are made for a few light knick knacks and little else. Although I am happy with the Lawyers style bookcase we recently bought - even if the rest of the furniture is on the cheap side. Thanks China.

Had dinner at friend's yesterday. She cooked pork chops well for a vegetarian chick of course there were lots of vegetables too which is ok by me. We had good conversation. They bought another house in Florida - plan on spending the winter down there and the summer and fall up here. I don't know how long that will last although they had 2 houses when they married so they know what it's like except these 2 are 800 miles apart It sounds nice but yikes that's expensive when you think it all out. I'll bet by the second year they are looking to sell their current place. The one year we had a place up here and a place in Memphis was really a hassle.

Anyway, I digress. The dryer and washer just finished their cycles so I'd better get in there before all the clothes get wrinkled. Hope you are all having an enjoyable Sunday.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #113  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone It's in the low 70's here today. MeeMee & I just got home from kayaking this afternoon. We went to our nearest lake almost 5 miles from us & yes I put her doggy lifejacket on her. If she somehow got out of the kayak in the cold water, she might panic & sink & I'd have to jump in & rescue her 16# body would feel 10# heavier. So I have a cord hooked to our doggy life jackets & snap the cord to my kayak so if they do get in the water by accident I can tow her back into my kayak without me rescuing her & struggling to get us both back into the kayak. So far so good, none of them has ever went into the water until we go ashore. I always take my kayak backpack, but I forgot to charge my camera battery & put it inside.

Yes I disobeyed dh & left our driveway while he's in WI & I will tell him when he asks about my day. I've always put my family & others before myself & I decided yesterday to put myself on my List to b kind to. I'll still cooperate w Dh & others, but nolonger to the point that I feel badly or like I'm being punished. I'm going to learn to say 'maybe or let me check my schedule' because I always say Yes & then I have to rework everything in my life, to help that person if I don't have a block of time open & that's why I sometimes have a 12 hour work day. Today I had my cell phone & MeeMee to protect me from any bad ppl they don't know she won't bite them I'd tell anyone I felt afraid of, that she bites.

Ok, the reason I dropped by was to tell Ms. Susan that this morning on CBS they had a segment on Lauren Hill. I know that U knew her & her dad from P&G. I felt emotional seeing it. Lauren accomplished her goal of bringing attention to the disease that she fought so bravely to beat.

Uh oh, I think Happy's rain is coming I gotta go put my SUV windows up & put it in the garage

Last edited by miniDoodles; 04-19-2015 at 05:22 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #114  

Height: 5'7"

Hello! We had a beautiful day on Saturday and got a lot done outside. Today..nothing but rain....so I napped, did some things inside and will go to bed around 10. I did work for 4 hrs tonight.

If I'm not around much this week and next it is because of our Innovation Review with the CEO A.G. Lafley. I will be back and forth to the GO offices downtown many days this week. We have "dry runs" and product to take down and set up and have the higher ups tell us if they like the set up. One will want it changed, one will change it back and so on.

All of this during our regular work at well. The review is April 28 and after that, it will be just regular work. We have been working on digital posters since January..crunch time was last week and will be a bit of that this week too for them.

I will pop in when I can.

Happy: I had computer issues too! My computer did the scan as well with the bad sectors. I have never had this issue before. The scan that i ran, fixed the erros. It said so in the report. It showed those bad sectors and the fix on the 4th part of the scan. There were 5 parts.

It's weird that we both had those issues. Mine happened Thursday night.

I am a bit concerned about this breathing issue you had. Please keep a eye on that.

Your small space gardening sounds interesting. I like to garden in pots so that would be up my alley. You will have to share the information after you go.

Dee: It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Thanks for watching the segment on Lauren. I am so proud of her and what she did for cancer research for that disease. I know that God heard her prayer that if He would give her time to make a difference. He did, and she did. She was only 19 and she taught us all do much about love, selflessnes, how to be brave in difficult times..and that one person could make a difference.

The only thing that I ever heard her ask for herself once she realized that this cancer would not slow down was that when it came her time to die that it would just be in her sleep and she would go easy. She would just go to bed and wake up in Heaven. I prayed and begged God everyday to make that the case for her when her time and work here was done.

She passed at 1:30 a.m. and her dad said that she had been sleeping more and more each day and that they knew things were getting close. He said that she went to bed that night around 10, feel asleep easily and just never woke back up. They were all there, sleeping with her and the nurse came in and told them that she was gone. They could tell by the monitors and that one minute she was breathing and the next she was not. I thanked God that she went easy and had her family there with her...sleeping with her.

I hope to see you all tomorrow. I want to be sure I am in bed at 10 tonight so I can get up at 5 instead of 5:30 and get my exercise bike riding in.

I made a decision I might be busy with work but I'm going to take care of myself first.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning All....

Well, the anniversary evening didn't turn out so good. Sissy called me Friday morning just after I arrived at work asking for my assistance. She and Jacob (3 yr old) had food poisoning from Penn Station the night before. They both had ham in common. Both puking and pooing. I spoke to my boss he said go and may the force be with you. Actually thank God it was food poisoning and not the flu as I was puked on twice from Jacob. Gross, stinky and no other clothes with me at their house. By the time I got home that evening, I was in no mood for dinner, C came home with a sore throat, headache and runny nose. Just great. Good day for me to leave town, I think. He did go to work on Saturday. The kids were just fine by Saturday morning, I took Jacob some "pampakes" from Mcds, he ate about half, Royce ate the other half. Sissy and I did a few errands, went for momma/daughter pedicures, then home again to take care of C once he got home from work. He is getting his vacation, so far, this week, unless they call him. Yes, his first day of vacation is in bed trying to recover from this bug he has gotten. Yesterday we went out to my son's house to visit with him. We ended up going to lunch and Walmart, then watching a movie he had rented. The Great Escape. Pretty good but long. On the way home we went to Gray Brother's Cafeteria, the most yummy place ever, in a town on the way home, Mooresville. Google Gray Bros. Home style cooking with many specials. Best known for their homemade chicken n noodles and pies. I had baked fish and spinach casserole. Cranberry jello for dessert. Brought half of all home for lunch today. Went to bed at 8pm as we were both worn out. I did get the grass cut on Saturday before the all day rains that came in on Sunday. Still raining this morning also. Bleh. Take it over snow but have to say I am way over the rain too!

SUSIE...I watched a special our local channel had on Lauren Hill. What a courageous young woman. I know it had to be hard on her family and all that interacted with her. I am glad her death was peaceful as she prayed to come. Just so sad such a young life was taken from us but good for her to be with the Lord, rejoice! Glad that maybe the medical scare may be due to the meds you were taking, fingers crossed. Goodluck at work with all the review nonsense.

SHADDIE....there you go working your bunz off around the house. You are such a mighty woman. I love the cartoon of the two german shepard dogs sitting and one is holding a sign that says may karma never bite you in the arse. The other one is holding a sign that says, Hi I am Karma. ba haha. Sounds like that is what happened to the dragon lady you worked with.

HAPPY...bummer on the computer issues. That just stinks when you try to fix it and the fix doesn't work. Frustrating to say the least. I am trying to get phsyched up to get my garden going. It needs to quit raining for that to happen. Yum, pork chops and veggies, what a treat to be treated by your friend. The breathing scare sounds awful. I am glad you got regulated without any trouble. Almost sounds like anxiety. Take care of you! Hugs

Posting before I lose, will be right back.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #116  
Annie - Indiana

DEE....glad you took some time for yourself and did something for you! Is kayaking the one where you just fit inside the hole of the boat? For some reason I would be to nervous to try that. I don't think Miss Sass a Cakes would be much protection for me either. She weighs a whole 8 lbs.

CEEG...did you make it to Paragould? How are you feeling? Bummer on the yuks just when you get a few days off. I tell you and C are two peas in a pod these days. Between your tummy/gut issues and the headache stuffy nose thing, I guess our commune with definitely have to have a red cross section.

LAURA...yah, on bike season. You amaze me with your motivation. Biking and exercising. How was the birthday dinner out for your friend? Where did you end up going? Maybe some nice days will come along and you can get to some of the bike clubs excursions.

OH SHAD...I don't post much pix because I am blocked at work from doing that and I tend not to get on my home computer much...and don't even know if I could do it from my IPhone.

CHELLE...how's the interviewing going? Saw on FB that you had a great time with family. Just what you needed. Perfect.

TERRA....do you have cooking class this week? What is on the agenda?

Bout it for me. Better get to work.

Hugs all.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

Cellphone rings: Nanna, Mommie said if I don't quit asking to watch the Mickey Mouse DVD you got me, she is going to throw it away. I told not to, will you tell her not to? Melt my heart. So I scolded mommie. lol.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #118  

Afternoon all. Just a quick hello. I'm prepping for a 2 pm meeting - meeting 3 of 4 for our project. Tomorrow at 9 am is meeting #4 of 4, and then after that is a meeting to collect our dept's thoughts about the 4 meetings. And then Wednesday is another meeting to discuss the same, but with the boss's boss and one other person, who also attended these meetings. So looking forward to that last meeting about this, and also next week when the boss and sr mgr will be out of the office for a conference!!

TTFN!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I made it to Paragould and enjoyed my lunch with my uncles. But an uproar from their son, my cousin and his son erupted. I wanted to come home. I think things will calm down eventually. The son has had it and I can't blame him. He looked sick yesterday. This upset my aunt and uncle and me.
My aunt and I made yet another trip to the other aunts house to do some more throwing away. Yesterday we sat out 6 garbage bags of stuff. I could throw away a lot more but I think my cousin needs to look at the rest of it.
My cousin texted me while ago stating that her mom was admitted to CCU again today with pneumonia in her upper lung and afib. I have this gut feeling that my 90 year old aunt will not make it this time.
We had thunderstorms last night but it didn't get to bad. Some towns around us had hail. We were under a tornado watch until 1 a.m. this morning but most of the clouds were over the river by that time.
Waving at everyone. Think my nerves have been edge all day due to yesterdays event.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #120  

Afternoon all. So glad to be done with that meeting.

Ceejay - Hopefully you can use the Jonesboro doctor until you retire and possibly move elsewhere. Your sis is in the medical field - surely she can help you find a new doc there. Re the Zumba wearing you out - keep at it at a lower intensity and/or stop when you've had enough. You'll build up your stamina if you keep at it. Sounds like your time in Paragould was productive...except for the family drama. Sad to hear about your aunt's troubles.

Dee - So wonderful your biopsy was in the right spot and showed no cancerous cells!!! What a huge relief for you! Re basil - I've frozen the leaves in ice cube trays with water and added them to spaghetti sauce and also dried them - much more flavorful than the dried stuff sold in the store, that's probably old even when you first buy it, lol. I like the idea of infusing it in water. I think I've had a thai lemonade cocktail with vodka that also included basil in it - yum. Yes, onions are a no-no for doggies! Interesting point re using a naturopath vs. a traditional "medicine doctor". I think if I were facing adding a med and/or making a change with doctors, I would seek out an integrative medical practice that uses both traditional and alternative treatments. Awww, your kayaking with doggy sounds fun. Maybe because I've always been in an urban area, I don't worry about getting help in an emergency if I need it. Are you out in the sticks? How far away is your nearest town with a hospital/ER?

Susie – Have you noticed a difference with the gel shot? It’s great you’ve found a shredding event in your area – it’s so convenient to do that instead of feeding a few papers at a time into your shredder. I have to check our schedule to see when the next convenient one will be. Sounds like a big week at work this week. Hope all goes well. RE getting up early to exercise – it hasn’t worked consistently for me in the past. But whenever I have to be at work early and wake up earlier, I always think that I should try to establish an earlier wakeup time so I can get in some exercise!

Shad – Sounds like you’re busy with all things domestic these days. I hope the interview went well for you. Where would that assignment take you?

Happy – I hope you’ve made progress with your hard drive backup. It sure sounds frustrating! So what cookies did you take to dinner with your friends? Sounds like you had a nice meal. Nice to be able to attend those garden sessions – if you continue with the thrift shop, maybe you need to change your shift day/time. Scary re the breathing – I wonder if breathing into a paper bag would have helped you? I’m glad it eased up and you got back to sleep…but still, what brought that on? Maybe you need to keep one of the BP monitors nearby. Bf’s mom has issues controlling her BP – always overnight. Her doc thinks it might be sleep apnea that brings it on and wants her to do a sleep study. The problem is she’s done one before and was unable to sleep…Always something. I hope she goes for another one. Thanks for the tip re planting basil. And thanks for mentioning the cilantro going to see so quickly – so it wasn’t’ just me, that’s just what happens. In that case, I’ll just use up my seeds and be done with it, since it sounds like a PITA to have to keep planting it. Easier to buy it at the produce market as needed. RE the estate planning – yep, let’s get it done!! RE two houses – yeh, like having multiple vehicles – sounds good, but can be a hassle, I’m sure. Wonder which house they would eventually sell…I’m not overly fond of Florida, but I think I’d have a better chance at getting use to that than a climate with a long winter. If they won’t do too much back and forth, it might not be a hassle in that regard.

Shad – Yum, homemade pizzas with homemade sauce! Nice job on the shed cleanout. Good suggestion re the basil. I think I’ll plant it in a pot this year. Since the one tree out back was removed, we get more sun on the patio, so I can find a good spot there and have it conveniently close for watering.

Annie – Boo re the food poisoning!! Glad everyone was okay by the next day…except C – I hope he’s feeling better and that his cold is easing up. How’s your son doing? The birthday dinner for my friend was at Cooper’s Hawk, so we drank some wine. I had a dish called short rib risotto and it was really, REALLY tasty. I imagine bf will get those leftovers – he had a bite of mine and loved it. The good thing is that we live close to a Cooper’s Hawk and I will be sure to order that the next time we go. Sorta pricey, so I really should try to recreate that recipe myself!!! Awww re the phone call re the MM DVD, LOL. Love it! Bet sissy didn’t, hahaha.

Gotta run! TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote