Old 07-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #331  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Oh how scary nonameslob!!! To be that close to a horrid event would shake me to the core. -- Did you see 189 yet?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #332  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Not yet, hopefully tomorrow!

Today is my second fast day of the week. I really think I'm on track for my monthly goal of 189. I think I'm going to try a smaller dinner tonight to help me get there, and some extra cardio at the gym before my strength workout if I can handle it!

How's everyone doing this week?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #333  
Call me NNS!

Today is one year on 5:2. And I made my monthly goal of 189!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #334  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Congrats noname!!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #335  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Sorry that I have been MIA!

My MIL is finally home, diagnosed, treated and doing well. I am STILL mad at my husband for not helping me out what came to HIS mother's and HIS brother's mom's care. (Remember the non show sibling and wife?) So it is cold war at our household. -- My hubby fights like a woman, but after 20 years of marriage I am onto him, I am the woman after all....lol... He can pout, which he is doing right now, from here to eternity all I care. He needs to man up and start acting like one, tired of him playing this moody/conniving biotch I bought the act in my twenties and some in my thirties, but in my forties it is an old game. If I had wanted to marry a woman, I would had....

My marriage might be over at 20 years... and I thought we were doing so well, duh! Just kidding. We'll celebrate our 60th at some point. In a mean time, I hope he will find his manhood... I am sure will. -- He is pouting and sulking at the moment (again, after I took care of his and his brother's mom...how do I dare to ask for help, esp. from his brother and wife; shame on me!!))) . I am acting like a guy would...IGNORE IT ALL !

Needless to say, I have not been OP. Between my MIL and my DH's immature silent temper tantrums, I have fallen off the wagon. My husband fancies that he is my biggest supporter on this journey, but I feel he sabotage it all, or has during the last few weeks.

OK, rant over, I am owning up and taking responsibility of my life, weight loss and future! I won't complain about him again...just needed to get it off my chest!

Last edited by Sum38; 08-03-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #336  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Back on that horse ladies!!!

Today is fast day number 1 for the week. I did not step on scale this morning. TOM arrived and after eating so poorly for the past few weeks, I did not dare. I think I will wait to weigh in and hopefully will have a happy number on Friday (under 140 )
Old 08-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #337  
Call me NNS!

Sum I am so glad to see you back! Ill have to write more later. I'm currently at my works annual golf tournemt fund raiser. Attpting a fast today which was been fine so far as it was easy to skip breakfast and lunch. Dinner is buffet so I will have a big salad, lean meat and veggies depending on what there is. I'll just have to guess! Otherwise I would have to do a back to back fast this week and I would rather not do that.

The only thing that sucks is I won't be able to have wine tonight so hopefully it's not too boring (it usually is).
Old 08-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #338  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Fun NOName! I am about to go an golf first time in YEARS on Friday night! -- Luckily with novices like me ;D

I am doing better. I got out of the "self pity" place I fasted Monday and Wednesday and the scale actually did not show that horrid of a number!

Today is going well, too
Old 08-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #339  
Call me NNS!

Sorry I keep forgetting to check in here! I've been keeping up more with the Intermittent Fasting thread. How was golf? Are you fasting today? Hope the scale continues to stay out of that dreaded decade

I didn't lose last week, hoping this week will be more on track. I have to fast today and tomorrow as Wednesday night I leave for a festival and want to be able to eat and drink when I get there! I hate back to back fasts, but I'll survive. Salmon tonight.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #340  
Call me NNS!

Last week I small a very very tiny loss (.2 pounds) from my previous low. This weekend was crazy since I was at a music festival for like 5 days...back to fasting today and getting back on track for real this week. I still need to make my appointment for a physical and bloodwork to see about this lightheadedness, but it has been manageable so far.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. I am getting sick of my usual fast day dinners, plus I have to do my food shopping after work (on an empty stomach) so it needs to be something quick! On Thursday's fast, I am going to make portabella mushrooms stuff with a creamy spinach artichoke sauce that Munchy posted on 3FC. It will be a nice change! But it means I need to make something else for the BF because he won't like it.

I think on my non-fasting days during the week (the ones where I eat in an 8 hour window), I'm going to try adding more food before dinner. I usually eat a smoothie around noon, and then I eat dinner. But I've found I'm more likely to snack when I get home from work while cooking because I'm starving at that point. I think packing a snack to have at work at like 3-4PM will help prevent any catastrophic snacking lol

I really can't wait to get back to the gym. Not gonna be tonight though. SO much unpacking/cleaning to do! But let me tell you, I had no trouble walking up and down all the huge hills at the festival this year!

Sum - are you around?

Any newbies to 5:2 wanna join in? I have seen a few people on here start recently, but I know most of them just post in IF
Old 08-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Hey noname, I'll join you in this thread I would have joined sooner, but wanted to make sure I could do 5:2 successfully before jumping in.

So this is my 3rd week and 5th fast day. Its really starting to become a routine now which I like. I'm enjoying fast days, its so nice to not have to worry about food and I have more time for other things(like practicing )
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #342  
Call me NNS!

I can't believe how easily you've been able to adjust to 5:2 Dottington! I imagine it really helped doing IF first. So glad that it's easy for you and I hope you see the results you want.

Fasting has become so second nature for me. It's really just the other days of the week I have to worry about. I might try to do 3 fasts this week. My weight is really high from this weekend, or my scale is acting weird. I'm leaning towards the former because I actually feel bigger. My rings were even tight yesterday. Made my doctor's appointment for Monday, finally.

Gym tonight! Yippee!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #343  
Call me NNS!

Second fast of the week is today. Trying something new for dinner, spinach artichoke sauce stuffed mushrooms, which I am looking forward to, but I need to work out the calories (I have a basic idea as they were listed in the recipe, but I used slightly different ingredients!) Hopefully it's something I enjoy because I made a huge batch that I will be able to pull out of the freezer and defrost. Only downside is the boyfriend won't eat it so I'll have to keep some things on hand for him for those days. Anyway, it will be nice to have a change. I find I *really* look forward to dinner on fast days. LOL

So this week on my 16:8 days (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday) I decided to try eating a bit more before dinner time to help prevent snacking on unhealthy foods while I'm making dinner. Tuesday, it worked great. I had my smoothie for lunch and then a bowl of soup around 3. Yesterday, I had a Boca patty on an English muffin for lunch and then my smoothie as a snack in the afternoon....but I still did a lot of snacking when I went to the grocery store/got home. Hopefully I got that out of my system and tomorrow will go better! I think having meals mostly prepared in advance will help too. Gotta work on that this weekend.

Sum - I miss you around here! Your vacation is coming up in September, yes? I hope you pop in soon.

Where's Rennie been?

Dottington, hope you're still doing well this week!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #344  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

noname-I used to have problems snacking but prelogging my food a day or few in advance into mfp and planning all meals and recipes in advance has completely gotten rid of the snacking I'm sure you'll figure out what works to get a handle on it. Is your boyfriend a picky eater? How did the recipe turn out?

So yesterday I couldn't do a full fast day bc of my brother visiting but I still kept to about 700 calories. So a mini fast day I'm going to do another mini on Friday as well. I did an hour hike though yesterday and that's the most exercise I've done on a fasting day. I'm really hoping to eventually be able to exercise the same amount and intensity regardless of fasting. I've read about people who are really into exercise eventually getting to that level with 5:2.

This weekend my fiance is having a housewarming party at his new apartment and I'm doing all the food. Going to be veggie dogs, veggie burgers, roasted corn, vegetable kabobs, and summer berry salad. Maybe I'll make some gluten free brownies as well....not sure.

Have a good day!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #345  

Hi Girls! (Wave)

I've been reading the 38 pages from the closed thread about IF Support group. This is my first post.

I'm LOVING IF! It's so easy. I initially started wanting to lose just 7 pounds (a small realistic goal. I've done that easily in about 4 weeks and now feel that I can easily lose another 7 pounds. When I say "easily" what I really mean is that I can do it! I love that I can have days where I can eat normally.

I'm mixing it up with various IF approaches. I generally do a 5-6 hour eating window each day from 3-8 as I find it easy not to eat until about 1pm. I can then hold out till 3pm to eat. I then have days where I only eat about 500 cals, and days where I eat whatever I want in that 5 hour window. I love that this allows me to have dinner with friends and be able to eat ANYTHING I want: dips, antipasta, chips, cheeses, dinner, wine & dessert. On the days I do that I usually put on about a pound but I don't stress about it because I know that overall I'm on a downwards trend. And I love that I can have a great social life with this WOE.

Thank you so much to everyone for posting. It's really encouraging to read people's posts x
ChicitaGatita is offline   Reply With Quote