Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 09:24 PM   #46  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Default Namaskar

I saw the word COWS and knew that I had found my group!
I have serious weight loss goals. I work in quite a hilly region and my formerly well developed hump has become rather saggy. My udders are no longer tucked under but sag like a guernsey!!! I am the joke of the mountain.
I hope to make many new friends here.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:03 PM   #47  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh
Old 07-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

wabby-----don't worry---they called me back for another mammy and i had a cow,but it was nothing and they probably are being more careful with you since you are having the "bob"-------------- dON'T WORRY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! XOXOXOXOXOX
Old 07-16-2003, 11:27 PM   #49  

Default Re: Skim Milk Cows

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
OK Lush- here ya go- I lost 2 pounds. and I was awarded my 10% weight loss key chain. I was embarrassed to tell them I already had a key chain from the last time I lost 10%. They asked me what I had learned. I've learned that you have to keep losing the same weight over and over until you figure out that as soon as you get close to your goal weight that you can't eat all the cheesecake you want. Actually I told them that if you use your journal, use portion control. blah, blah, blah, blah..... Actually I have no idea how I manage to finally kick in and start eating right... if I did, I wouldn't have to keep doing this over and over.
OMG that is so funny!

I totally know what you mean, last fall when i went to the Dr. I weighed 191 right? And in March guess what I weighed? Um 191! Now that I know how damn hard that 10 lbs was to lose because when I started I was 201. Jeesh, when will we LEARN??? WHEN???

Well, you know what my problem has always been, I will do one thing like cut calories but nothing else, or exercise everyday and not cut calories, or weight train but no other exercise or cutting calories, and guess what? It doesn't WORK!

I had to kick myself in the head to understand that it takes ALL of them combined to see a difference, at least in me. But like you, I think I have it figured out. I lost about 80 lbs 8 years ago and then let it all creep back on in the last 4 years, so it's not like i haven't done it before. I just thought maybe I was better than everyone else on earth and didn't need to follow the rules!!

Well, I guess my bubble has burst!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:59 AM   #50  
loves kleenex box art

Lohani, I'm confused. Are you an actual cow or do you refer to some part of the human anatomy as an udder? In either case, it's lovely to have you here. The last non-Canadian-American we had was from Israel and we enjoyed her SOOO MUCH. I hope you're as much fun.

Today is my day off. Every week I have to point that out. I want to see POSTSSSS ... I want things to READDDD.

My new house has no storage. You may post hints about where to keep things like tents and sleeping bags.

Also post this: How to get the pots and pans from Herbie's house that he will never use and that I bought with his money and put there.

You have an assignment. I will check back.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:03 AM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Lohani
I saw the word COWS and knew that I had found my group!
I have serious weight loss goals. I work in quite a hilly region and my formerly well developed hump has become rather saggy. My udders are no longer tucked under but sag like a guernsey!!! I am the joke of the mountain.
I hope to make many new friends here.
Hi Lohani -- you seem to have the right bovine attitude for this place! Welcome!

Also Welcome to Glory!

Peachie, that is a bit extreme, cross-dressing day at camp. First time I've heard that one. The kids mostly dress so much alike anyway, how can you tell? Maybe the boys are wearing thongs and bra tops, and the girls are just going topless. Oh yeah, it's not that kind of place, is it? He's not in Davidson this year? I'm sure you told me that already, I have the memory of the anti-elephant.

What to do with tents and sleeping bags? Always keep them set up in the backyard in case of an emergency camp-out. How'd you manage to buy a house without any storage? If I get a new house (ever), the only thing it has to have is at least one closet for every room.

I did more laundry, watered the garden, had a cup of coffee; now I'm going back to bed. Because it's your day off, and I think it will entertain you, P.

Hi Muffie, how's it going?

Good luck Wabbit, at least an ultrasound won't squish the **** out of 'em!

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 07-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #52  
Member w/ messiest house

Cowpoonia, I have a surprise for you. Well, it's not very exciting, but you should be notified by email.

Ta
Old 07-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #53  

Hey! I'm getting confused do we have new folk or is Peaches just trying out names? Welcome new folk.

Here's a new place to go for names - not Mormon names, Gangsta names. It came up with Wabby "Oprahnator" Cow. It must spy on your cookies. http://www.revmen.com/gangster.php
Old 07-17-2003, 12:49 PM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

Wabby there should be cameramen bursting through your door any minute because SURPRISE I have been doing ALL THE VOICES EXCEPT YYYOURRSSSS!!!! I am a ventriloquist. That, by the way, is the talent that helped win me the MissCowFestival title.

Chapter 5 in How Peaches Does Not Get To Choose What Goes In Her House:

I went over this morning to see how the light fixtures the builder picked out looked. They look good and they have lots of bulbs an lots of blades on the fans. The light in the dining room is especially cute.

The electrician was still installing them and he asked when the applicances are coming?

I dunno. I haven't had a discussion about appliances other than "we'll look at the catalog whenthe time comes."

So I called the builder who said they'd be installed after lunch.

I said something like, "Huh?"

He said you picked them out and they're being installed.

NOOOO!!!! I never even saw the catalog. Not even from a distance. He didn't believe me because he has the order info written in my file.

I assured him the stove was probably fine but .... tell me about it. He did and I rushed to Sears to try to find it. Didn't find it.

I told him I was especially concerned about the fridge. He hasn't ordered the fridge. Men are just ... .... .... .... ...

love from Peaches "Bangkok Barbie" Cow

Last edited by Cowpernia; 07-17-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:27 PM   #55  

Wow! either your builder needs a or he is extremely efficient. I'll tell which one when you get your appliances. I love my new refrigerator. It's black and stainless steel, but it's not really stainless steel. It's a new finish that looks like stainless but doesn't show finger prints. It looks so cooooool.

If you want to know yesterday's weigh in totals, look at my journal. If you don't, don't.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #56  
loves kleenex box art

This color is rabbit stew. It's probably black but I have stew in mind. I am mad at Wabby today. Lots of cawwots will be good in the stew.

The stove thing is lovely. It fits in the space. It has knobs. It has a oven and a broiler. Etc. A stove is a stove. It does not have a convection oven. It is white. The dishwasher looks wonderful. White also. He has already put in the faucet thing to attach to my new fridge which I get to order out of his catalog WHICH I NOW HAVE.

When Painty, our shrink, gets done analyzing Muffie and why she turned to the dark side, I have need of her attention. I volunteered allllllllllllllllllllllllll last year in the school liberry. Three weeks before the end of school a job became available in there and I wanted it and coulda got it I couldn't take a job for three weeks and face the summer unemployed.

So this woman who was substitute teacher took the job for that amount of time. The problem here is that I've known that woman for years ... known her well ... never like her. Never felt comfortable with her. Everything she says is phrased in terms of how she one-upped somebody else. But she got her foot in the door of that job and now she has applied for it.

The principal told me that he will be calling people for interviews and I will be called. I feel (body language and all that) that the librarian grew to really like this woman and probably would hire her over me. That is what bugs me more than anything else. It's not a great wonderous job. Not the chance of a lifetime. Nothing to hang my ego on. But it really bugs me to think that this woman, whom I don't like, might get it.

15 demerits to all who didn't post today. I'm also giving Wabby 15 because I'm mad at her.

PLUS I went to Wabby's journal to see how thin/thick she got and the last entry was way back in June. The 1.8 lb. entry. Hrumph

Last edited by Cowpernia; 07-17-2003 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:34 PM   #57  
Member w/ messiest house

I went to Wabby's new journal and I have the secret number. I am definitely not mad at her -- for someone with a cool new refrigerator, she sure has lost a lot of weight!

It's a good thing your builder is psychic, Peachers. Saves you a lot of headaches. I hope you get that job, would serve Miss Know It All right. I lost a job to a fill-in once and I'm still p-o'ed.

I've got to go eat din-din and pack.

Kiwi
Old 07-17-2003, 08:01 PM   #58  

You girls are very funny, I think I have found a home also!

Not in Canada, but Colorado. No difference, except maybe the cowboys. You guys have Cowboys? Um they are very nice to look at, especially from behind. I try and wander behind them as much as possible, but avoiding the livestock they seem to attract is another matter....
Old 07-17-2003, 09:49 PM   #59  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Default calf steps

I had to laugh at the story of the son whose summer camp had cross dressing day....my son's camp expected him to cross dress as a goat. I am somewhat uncomfortable with such institutions that play with the fundamentals of who a person is. At this age, it leaves them vulnerable to suggestion from the wrong sort of camp counselor.

It is my opinion that you should be open and frank with the principal. Tell him that you feel you've ended up in a popularity contest when you know you're most qualified for the job. You could also start rumors about your rival in the newspaper. By the time the retraction was printed, you would have the job. I suggest you include drunkenness and doing the nasty with inappropriate people.

What is a cowboy? We call them bulls.

Here at my end of the world, it is just morning. I am going now to prepare a pasture for the kids and push my hubby up the hill for work.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:51 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah, Baluchistan! Lovely Baluchistan. Good luck on losing all those kg. Although I'll bet your hubby loves you just the way you are. Can you really push him up a hill?
Closed Thread