Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #151  

Height: 5'7"

Hello. I feel that I did pretty well this past week and I hope that it will show on the scales tonight at TOPS.

I only had one day that I kept wanting food and that was Tuesday...I handled it pretty well. I had those suckers that you get a the bank in my drawer and they helped me. I have found that hard candy like that helps me when I want to eat, and eat and eat.

Dee: We are all waiting to see what you think of the Yonanas machine.
Also, thank you for bringing up the info about having cell number or something that if we are losing control that we can reach out to each other.
I'm fine with giving any one mine who wants it...and texting is something I can always do. Just PM me on here and I can give it to you.

Tory: Throw out that peanut butter and almond butter! I am so exctied you got your ticket and that you got it at a savings! Keep working at this..you are doing great.

Enygirl: I love the Leslie Sansone DVD's. It's ok to not go cold turkey on the diet soda..just phase it out slowly. Maybe only get one when you are out and not have any in the house. That way, if you feel like you "need" one, you are going to have to make a effort to go get it.

Carri: So sorry about the hail and car damage..that sucks for sure!
You mentioned "secret" eating...if I am going to binge..that is always the route I take. I'm trying to not do that.

Like you said, at least you had the calories for it..when it happens to me, I usually don't.

Last night I helped my brother with his boys and after dinner we each had a scoop of geloto (sp?) I LOVE that and it is a treat. I would never keep that in my house..I couldn't control it. I was glad that DH was with me so I couldn't go buy some and eat it on the 30 min drive home.

Good idea to eat sustainable food today. You CAN do this!

Lyss: That is my favorite cake too. Make a small round one and not a sheet cake. Maybe that will help? You numbers on the scale look good! Keep it up

April 10, 2013 food
B=peach greek yogurt, 2 mini powered doughnuts
L=Healthy Choice veggie egg role with rice, pears
D=1 ear of corn on the cob with butter, grilled potatoes, white carrots and onion, 1 roll, 1/2 cup baked beans. 1 cup of geloto (sp?)
Exercise: 30 min walk and playing with my nephews outside for 30 min.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #152  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Girls! Day 12 in a row!! I haven't been doing so great on eating but its a new day:Its gonna be a great day! I got my fitbit one set up and I'm gonna push harder now I think since I'm a type A and love the organized tracking of what I've done and knowing how much more I can push for the day. I hope you're all doing well and remember to eat right today, you can't outwork a bad diet. :hugs:
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #153  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

Nice and sunny here today in Illinois, albeit on the chilly side....where did that warmer weather go?

Just got kiddos off to school, now need to get stuff done around the house. I just need to get motivated

Thought about getting my walk/run in early this morning to get it out of the way, I think I'll wait for it to warm up a few more degrees.

Last night I cooked some boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I marinated for a couple of days in some basil pesto. They turned out really good, gave them a nice flavor. As a side we had sauteed kale salad. Yum!

My DD is having two of her cousins spend the night tomorrow...so I'll have 6 kids here. Calgon take me away!

Hope everyone has a lovely day and an awesome weekend!

P.S. I had a whoosh this week and I am now at 193.2!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #154  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies !! So last night I used my pressure cooker to make the best chicken taco filling…I found this recipe online but I didn’t really follow it too much, sort of did my own thing but with her basic idea …it made a lot of it so I guess we’re having tacos, burritos, and quesadilla’s until it runs out, haha …I bought my pressure cooker from qvc last year ( you know they new ones are nothing like the huge steel one’s you remember your grandma or mother using ) and have hardly used it since I didn’t really know what to do in it, but slowly I am trying new things.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad today is Friday …I am off work Monday and Tuesday so I get a four day weekend…I just need a break, a few days to regroup…so don’t think anything of it if you don’t hear from me for a few days.

Lyss – it’s chilly here today too, and no sun, which probably makes it chillier …I think the high will be high 40’s or 50…which isn’t so bad I guess…back up around 70 on Sunday or Monday. I would like to incorporate kale more in my diet, I really like the raw kale salads but would like to hear your recipe for the sautéed kale salad.

Tori – I have my eating totally in check but I’m never good at regular exercising, which I need…you have inspired me to try and do it more.

Hi Susie, Dee, LeeAnn, Mel, Liz, and everyone else….

Food 4/11
B = English muffin w/ 1 T PB – 210
L = KFC 10 pc chicken bites – 330, little sauce – 30
S = popcorn – 120
D = 4 corn tortillas – 160, chicken – 150, cheese – 160, lettuce – 10, pico de gallo – 25, sour cream - 100
S = greek yogurt – 130
Total for day – 1425

Have a good weekend all !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #155  
~Tori~

Hey My girls! Good Morning!

Ooh Carri ! 4 Day weekend woop! How fun enjoy your R&R , and blow some bubbles like your icon, it is actually so much fun lol , last night I was in the bath and my two year old came in and was like "momma make a bubboo, she showed me how to rub the soap in her hands and blow" (her dad showed her) It was amusing.

Susie-How did Tops Go? Hope you're doing well and enjoying your weekend .

Dee-How did the yonanas machine go? I'm dying to buy one but last time I checked around a year ago it was like $99 I'm gonna check it out!

I am liking my fit bit it tells me how much I've slept and how many times I wake up, (based on my arm movements) idk how accurate that is, what if I just move? but I like it I worked out with a friend yesterday after doing my JMBR workout and it was soo hard, *cardio Kills Me* it was Sean T dance party. soo hard we did two of them , a 15 minute one where I was sweating and like ok I like this that was the basic moves dvd, then we did party express it was 25 minutes and the last 5 were like torture!! I'm so tired this morning I havent even done my workout but I will in about an hour, the girls are having a sleepover so I'm gonna check on them , today after I finish my workout I will be 2 weeks completed!! I checked my weight this morning , not official til monday but it said 224 last night and 221 this morning hopefully it will stay there by monday so i can post it on my ticker. I also checked my inches this morning 5 1/2 inches down , total all over . At least I'm shrinking a little , I looked at 5 inches on my tape measure and i was like hmm thats not much off a whole body but its something so I'll take it

Everyone: Have a beautiful Day girls :hugs:
Old 04-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #156  
~Tori~

I'm gonna buy the yonanas machine wednesday if its still 50 dollars! in hot pink , my next thing i wanna get is WEN hair care I've been wanting to try it for 4 years!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #157  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Supposed to be a really nice day here in Illinois. Carri are you getting some of this warmer weather today in Indiana?

Not much to report....down to 192.2 on the scale. Waiting for all the kids to wake up. My brother brought two of his girls over yesterday to spend the night. Ran to Walmart this morning to get stuff to make breakfast, they wanted pancakes, sausage and bacon for breakfast. Must resist the temptation

Gonna go get myself a cup of coffee and get my Sunday on

Have a great day everyone!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #158  
~Tori~

Down to 221.8 without cutting carbs!! down to 46% body fat from 47%. Today I begin week 3 of body revolution but I have to do it after i get home from taking the girls to school or we'll be late and today is benchmark testing so we can't have that. so the weight loss took me twice as long but hopefully it will last forever vs coming back as soon as I eat a piece of bread darn it! I'm sad that its a slow road but its ok it will all be worth it. My cousin leaves today I'll be driving him to melbourne and while I'm there I'll pick up my ticket to see jillian , Excited about today , Gotta get the girls ready to go .

Have a great day!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #159  

Hi Ladies,

I had a gain at TOPS on Thursday night and it really took the winds out of my sails. I needed a few days to process it. I didn't go overboard with food or anything, just needed some quiet time so I stayed away from all computers and just wrote in my journal and took a look at why I had a gain when I thought I might have a loss.

What I found was that I didn't get much sleep last week. Only about 5 hrs each night. My days are long...and so I must prioritize sleep. My DH is a late night person and gives me gried for going to bad early and not watching TV with him

I told him that I must start sleeping more during the work week so that I'm not so tried on the weekends that all I get done is sleep. I need my energy.

I made the connection that I sometimes at more when I was tired so maybe that was the issue. Also, while I stayed in my calorie range (and many days 500 calories below), I wasn't eating the most good for me foods.

I will now move forward (again).

Tory: When is the date that you are seeing Jillian?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #160  
~Tori~

Susie_I'm learning there is a big connection between sleep and weight loss , when you're lacking sleep your body produces more fat storing hormones. I just got done looking at my sleep efficiency with my fit bit one its pretty good I mostly get between 6&7 hours and it really helps to remind you of how much sleep you are or are not getting a night .

I'm going on friday, Yesterday I started week three and four so i changed the dvds from 1 &2 to 3&4 , I could almost not finish the workout yesterday and today its a lot more difficult than weeks one and two. It kind of makes me feel less than because I cannot keep up. I know the ppl in the dvd are athletes though. Idk thats my guilt myself mentality. arrrrg.

I took my cousin to the Bus Station last night so he's on his way and we have our house back yay!

Dee, Carrie, Lys, Everyone ::hugs:

How are yous doing and what are you doing to help keep your heart fit while losing weight?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #161  
~Tori~

Going to see jllian michaels on Friday!!~ omg what am I gonna wear??
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #162  

Good morning. I'm mentally feeling a lot better. I have gotten to bed at 11 every night this week. Still later than I want (I want to be there at 10) but it's better than the midnight.

Feeling a bit of stress as my DH has his 6 month checkup to make sure his heart is still in rhythm and not in Afib. We are praying for good outcomes.

Also, I need to take my cat to the vet. His ear is a mess. It looks like it could be mites..which I have treated but I might not have gotten them all. He has never been to the vet (he is a inside cat that I rescured from the street about 6 years ago), but his ear is bleeding a lot off and on and so it's time to take him to be seen. We love this cat..he is like our baby.

Tory: I'm glad that you have your house back! I am thinking about getting me a fitbit. Maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday in June. I have a friend who has one and she loves it!

I can't wait to hear from you after you go see Jillian! As for what you are going to wear... I would be thinking the same thing! Just make sure it's something that makes you feel strong and beautiful..because you are!

Keep it up with the workout dvds. Those people had to go through the same thing you are to get to where they are. EVERYONE has a begining.

It's quiet around here...where is everyone?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #163  
~Tori~

susie- Thank you! I'm cooking chicken on the foreman right now and gonna have broccolli with it, I have officially transitioned my family from cow milk to almond milk, i bought it for a recipe and actually like it more and less calories and carbs woo! more calcium too, i'm outside enough to get all my vitamin D , Adi is sleeping , the kids are at school, i helped my Dad change his battery on his car today I thought I would be useless but I actually am the one who got it done, He couldnt see the places to put the screws , I feel like I can do car stuff now too. lol Gonnna check on my chicken put biggest loser on HULu and chill out a bit, then laundry and p/u kids. I did my workout today it was pretty hard but doable. I will talk to you ladies soon. Its pretty quiet at my house in the day , someone here should text me I'll inbox you all mynubmer!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #164  
~Tori~

Hey ladies, I was just thinking , how cool would it be that once we all get to goal we can all meet somewhere to celebrate together, it will be a big trip we can all fly somewhere to have a little celebration vacay with our husbands etc , just a thought, of course it would be a long time coming since I have such a long journey ahead but then we can all celebrate together since we've had eachothers back the whole time. What do you all think?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #165  

Hi Ladies. I'm feeling a bit on edge this morning. DH has his check-up today and if that isn't enough he is in a foul mood about going.

My DH has been dealing with a lot of frustration for about the past 2 yrs. When his best friend died 2 years ago, he just sort of let life start happening to him instead of him participating in it. He is now frustrated with himself but says he doesn't have the energy to do anything about it.

He is going to talk to our minister on Monday and I have found him some counseling through my work insurance. He has had this information for about 2 months but he just made the calls to start this for himself.

I told him I would help him secure the resources but HE needed to be the one to make the appointments.

It's been tough ladies and I know that it might be awhile before things feel good again. Frankly I'm tired of the highs and the lows but it's life and I have to deal with it and not deal with it with food.

Dee: So good to hear for you. You are one busy lady! I do drink a lot of water, I actually like it. I like to write my food to as I am on the computer all day long. Thanks for sharing how you write your food and activity.

Carri: I didn't realize you were on vacation. I missed that somewhere.

Torri: I have put you number in my phone. I think a trip to all meet up sounds awesome. I don't have to be at goal to do that but I would like to have lost 50 lbs to do it.