3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/269117-worldlie-chicks-say-november-new-beginnings.html)

annie175 11-08-2012 08:26 AM

Awww MELSER, glad you are MAKING time for yourself to meditate. A small amount of peace is better than none. Hugs sweet sister.

diyana 11-08-2012 09:10 AM

Good morning everyone -

After working last night until 8:30, not getting home until 9, showering and going right to sleep....I was not pleased to hear the alarm going off at 5 (or 5:30 or 5:45...when I had to force myself to stop hitting the snooze button and haul my arse outta bed).

I'm leaving work an hour early today so that I can meet the refrig repairmain at my place. I hope he can fix the issue with this one visit. I've confirmed the freezer works great...it's just the frig part.

The ex has had Santa since Tuesday morning, and I'm picking him up this afternoon or evening...then I'll take him for a nice long walk. I haven't started the MetFormin yet. Apparently, it can cause "digestive" side effects, which can be made worse if you don't watch out for carbs / calories / fats. And right now, with no frig, it's hard to have perfect control over what I eat. I'll start Saturday morning so I'll at least be home (or close to it) if side effects kick in.

My aunt who lives in Old Bridge, NJ passed away yesterday. She was in poor health and in a lot of pain the last several years. She's now in heaven with her husband, her parents and her siblings. Still it's very sad for my cousins and their children who lost their mom and grandma.

I'm super busy still at work...lots of things to get done and deadlines looming.

======================
Annie - I'm glad C had a good time fishing, and that Sassy had a good vet visit.

Mel - I'm so glad you make time EVERY DAY to meditate! Good for you, sista! You've been through so much. Sending much love and many hugs your way.

Gotta get back to my long to do list!

Much love and many hugs,

Laura705 11-08-2012 09:31 AM

Morning all. Train delays. We're finally moving after sitting a while.

Happy - Your dinner sounded yummy. :hun: Enjoy your two days off, and have fun with the new crockpot. :D The museum talk was fine. It was about the Delacroix painting Lion Hunters, not my cup of tea, but the talk was interesting & I learned something. It is a nice way to get out of the office. I'm looking forward to going there & exploring. Thinking back I realize I never saw all that much of the museum in the past, just highlights.

Shad- Must be frustrating that there's no match of expectations. What a position to be put in. Hang in there - it's Friday!!

Annie- hope your tummy feels better! Glad C had a nice time fishing yesterday. I agree, better than hunting.

Mel - this is a true test for all of you, and it sounds like you & jen & richie are all hanging in there. :) I'm sure the meditation is a welcome respite from all the chaos. Glad you've got that. :yes:

Hi to Ellen, Michelle, Patty & Java. ;)

Nothing to report from my little corner of the world, so I'll post before I lose this.

happy2bme 11-08-2012 10:12 AM

Good morning chickie babies,

It's supposed to hit 50 degrees today :dance: Of course that will probably be for 45 minutes somewhere around 2pm - but I'll take it. And at least unlike all the nicer autumn days I missed because I was stuck in the store, today I can enjoy it.

DH was talking about how he'd like to have an open house here sometime during the holidays - more likely a weekend day in December. Not sure how I feel about that - would mean I would definitely have to step up decorating the house. On one hand that would push me to do it, but then I am so tired on my work days and the following day I have off. I have to think on it some more... And I really do need to gather up and organize my Christmas stuff anyway. Still scattered about the property.

Mel - so you did get alot of snow? I was watching the weather online and it went from light snow to blizzard to continued snow so I figured you were getting socked. I sure hope that the maintenance guys come dig you out and that Ritchie doesn't have to do it. That's great that he finally got some gas. Now people will be needing that gas for the snow blowers! It's an understatement that you need some meditative time - but I'm glad you do take time to step away and clear the head. Hope this is not an indication of a long winter ahead for you guys.

Laura - like you, I've walked through the museum several times and looked at the paintings and such but never really understood in depth what the art was about. A lot of the time I'd walk down in the summer, sit on the wall and people watch - it was a great place for people watching! Also they must have an art school on Wabash as I remember seeing the young artsy set outside smoking and they had the wild clothes and hairstyles of those who chose to "express themselves artistically" in life ;)

Michelle - I can only imagine how draining it would be to flop in late at night only to have to get up in the dark to go do it again. :yawn: Hope you can stay awake today. Sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt. :hug: I hope the refrigerator repairs are not that expensive. That really stinks that you have to foot the bill. And yes, Metformin can cause some unpleasant side effects. Very unpleasant. Especially at first. If they don't calm down after 30 days as your body adjusts - tell the doctor. There are several types of medications and some are easier on the tummy. I had to go off Metformin - was too harsh on me.

Annie - funny you mention the movie Deliverance. I caught a snippet of it last week - the best part where the guy and the kid do the Dueling Banjos part. Like alot of stuff from the 70's - you realize looking back that it's sooo cheesy. That was when Burt Reynolds was in his heyday. He's got a designer skin tight outfit on - so NOT what hunters would be wearing :rofl: And I'm sure not what deranged brother was sporting either :D Or maybe he was which is part of what makes him deranged :shrug: So Sassy is 5 pounds. Guess that's about as big as she'll get? That's a good weight for a lap / side of thigh dog who squeezes in between your lap and the chair.

Not sure what we will do today - supposed to take a ride up north, not sure if we are going to do that - we really don't have to go, just were going to get out of the house. I could look up recipes for my new crock pot. I have the fixings for a beef vegetable soup but anything else I'd have to go to the store. This might be a good day to go work in the garage if it's going to warm up a bit. Hmmm ... decisions.

Anyway - have a good day everyone. :wave:

ceejay52 11-08-2012 04:03 PM

I started this around 8.45 this morning but just now getting back to it. The door bell rang and it was a detective asking questions. I told him I leave out early in the morning and get back after 7 p.m. I told him I do however have an ADT system that has camera's and that they were welcome to look. Sure enough they found some evidence of the time the break in next door where two guys live and saw two young guys. They went through the bath room window and would you believe came out the front door. I don't think they got much but he did mention a small camera. I asked if I would have to go to court and he said no but he would like to come back and use a flash drive to get that information. You would not believe how much foot traffic goes up and down my side walk in the back.

I also have to call my sisters tonight to get family history information for my cousin's wife. She wants to have it done by Thanksgiving.

------
Mel
It's good to hear from you. The city needs to give you some sort of recognition. I'm glad you mention meditation. I need to go back to that web sight and see what is going on.

Happy
I like to people watch. Wow, an open house at Christmas time would be a lot of fun, but a lot of preparation too. Don't stress yourself out.

Annie, Shad, Michelle and Laura, Ellen, Patty and Java Hello :wave:

happy2bme 11-08-2012 05:13 PM

Well I went through 3 boxes in the garage and I feel as if I have moved the earth. Brought a couple of boxes in to sort through - have some things like my craft scissors I have been looking for. Also found my high school year book. I thought I saw someplace that they are paying $25 for yearbooks. I can't wait to peek in there and reminisce about how fabulous I looked senior year :rofl: Actually I loved my senior year picture. A very rare decent shot of me.

Think I'll do something easy for supper - frozen chicken kievs and Rice a Roni and a vegetable. At least I can sit down while going through the boxes - it's the taking the stuff up and down and putting it away that's tiring - all the more reason not to keep it in the first place, eh? ;)

Ceejay - that's pretty scary to have a break in right next door. So convienient to have the camera on your property. Expecially if you get alot of random foot traffic as you say. I hope they get enough info to find the thieves.

diyana 11-09-2012 08:39 AM

Good morning ladies -

The frig got repaired. The fan that sends the cold air from the freezer to the frig was dead...and had to be replaced. Luckily, he had a replacement fan on his truck. It wasn't cheap...but not as much as a new frig...so I told the guy to fix the dang thing so that i can actually keep fresh food in my house. I'm going to spend a few minutes online today to get a good shopping list of staples for managing diabetes, and then stop at the store on the way home from work. The repair guy said it should be down to a safe temperature within 24 hours. This morning, I checked the thermometer in the frig, and it was 35, which is just about perfect. :)

Last night was rough...I'd went to bed very early because I was exhausted, and the ex called me at 8:45, our little 6 year old female dog Mischief (the one on the special meds) had been laying down and when she stood up, she collapsed. She was hyperventilating (which is a symptom of her condition, and usually her breathing evens out quickly). This time it did not. I got over there in 10 minutes, but she had already passed. :cry: We were both so broken up about it. Our last little female Pixie only lived 6 years or so. My ex is taking her to the humane society this morning to have her cremated. :cry:

I left Santa there with him and Doppler, mostly so that Doppler wouldn't be alone in the house today. Doppler seemed upset and confused why Mischief wasn't responding anymore. I'll pick Santa up tonight after the ex gets home, and Santa and I will be at the house a lot over the weekend as I continue to box stuff up and move it to the new place.

===========
Ceejay - So scary to have a break in next door! I hope the police have enough evidence from your camera to catch the culprits.

Happy - Good for you for going through some boxes. I don't feel like unpacking ANY boxes...of course, I'm in a different situation than you. My opinion is should I just live out of the boxes for the next 6-9 months, rather than unpack and repack them? :yes:

I hope the rest of y'all are doing well.

Much love and many hugs,

annie175 11-09-2012 08:59 AM

CHELLE...so sad about Mischief. I am so sad and sorry to hear this. Hugs sister.

MELODY525 11-09-2012 09:16 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gmx1Kiwzkj...5C3%25B1as.jpg

The sun is shining and you would never know the last 2 weeks even happened. Funny how that feels/ Everything seems like a dream. The building has quieted down and that's a good sign. They have their community room back and that's all they cared about. Selfish sots!!
Jen & rRichie had a much deserved day off yesterday. I think the worst is over now. The weather is good for the next few days and we might be able to open a window!! :sunny:
I took today off without any notice. Just didn't go downstairs. We have a 3 day weekend and now mine is 4 :ROFL: :ROFL: I don't think anyone dares to ring my phone. I am feeling good but achy. Had a great nights sleep after a codeine & tylenol. Just like a sleeping pill:cloud9:
Now it is back to a routine. I pedaled last night and started journaling again. It's time to go back to normal.
Of course my state is happy with the election. Enuff said.
I just want to thank all of you for the prayers and good thoughts.
I'll go back a bit and read. See what you gals have been up to.:wave:

diyana 11-09-2012 09:23 AM

Annie - Thank you. I told my ex that she had a good life because she was our dog. She lived A LOT longer because she was our dog. Many people told us to put her down when we first learned of her heart/lungs/blood condition. But she was able to play and have fun and for a few more years because we did everything we could to help manage her condition. We did do everything we could for her. :hug:

MELODY525 11-09-2012 09:59 AM

HAPPY....YOU DID A GREAT JOB DESCRIBING THE MESS HERE. I COULD FEEL EVERY WORD. CHAOS. BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT THE MAYOR RAN NON-STOP ALONG WITH HIS MINIONS. GREAT CREW THEY WERE. I WAS WONDERING HOW MOM WAS DOING AT HER HOME. SENDING HER A GOOD THOUGHT AND A HUG:hug:
WHAT KIND OF OPEN HOUSE?? MAYBE I WILL COME AND NEVER LEAVE!!:scooter: SO GET THOSE DECORATIONS GOING!!:ginger:

CEEJAY...SO GLAD THE BABY GOT TO GO HOME. HAD A LAUGH AT THE HALLOWEEN OUTFIT THOUGH. :rofl: i think we are all ready for the weekend:DANCE: IT WAS NICE OF YOU TO WORK FOR THE COWORKER TOO:hug:
I cannot believe the robbery & break in!! omg!! so close to home. thank God you did get the adt system!!:hug:

MICHELLE.....HOPE YOUR NEW BEGINNING WILL BE A GREAT ONE...A NEW YEAR IS COMING TOO:hug: I AM GLAD YOU ARE COMNING TO TERMS WITH THE RELATIONSHIP AND GLAD TOO THAT THE EX I IS NOT ADDING TO THE DRAMA. GOOD THAT YOU ARE ALMOST DONE AND ALREADY IN THE NEW PLACE. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TOO:getwell: SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIDGE. AND THE TEST RESULTS. HOPE WHEN YOU GET A ROUTINE IN THEY WILL DROP DOWN IN NUMBERS. :hug: GEEZ!!!
PART 2: I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR AUNT. SENDING YOU OUR SYMPATHIES:hug: sending more hugs for mischief. she was a lucky dog to have people who loved her. sorry for her passing.

ANNIE....BEEN THINKING OF YOUR DAD AND HOPING HE WAS DOING OK TOO:hug: HAD TO SIGH AT THE SHOTS & THE PICTURES. POOR LITTLE JAKE. 3 SHOTS ARE NO FUN AT ALL AND FEVERISH TO SAY THE LEAST:hug: HOPE YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE "PROMISED LAND" THAT THEY SAID WOULD HAPPEN AT WORK. :hug: THANKS FOR THE PICS.

LAURA....OH HOW I WISH I HAD BEEN WITH YOU FINDING THE HOLIDAY ITEMS. I LOVE THE FEELING!!!! :turkey: :hohoho: THE LONGER WALKS WITH COAL SOUND GOOD TOO. I COULD ALMOST SMELL THE LEAVES BY THE CREEK. I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE ORNAMENT EXCHANGE. WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN THE OFFICE. THEY ARE HUM BUGS NOW!!! LOL

MARY....GLAD YOU MADE IT THRU THE STORM:hug: WHAT A NIGHTMARE HUH???

SHAD...IT'S OK TO PUT YOU LEFT LEG IN & OUT BUT DON'T PUT IN YOUR HEAD AND SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!!! I CAN SEE THIS JOB DOES NOT DIFFER FROM SOME OF THE OTHERS WITH THE INSANITY!!:crazy: HAVE YOU BEEN BEDAZZLING THEM WITH YOUR BRILLIANCE???? ROFLMAO GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT A CAR TO USE. HOPE THE GUYS DON'T NEED IT TOO MUCH!
AS FOR YOUR CV.....THEY THINK YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF FIX THIS!!!! :queen:

ELLEN...HOPE THE NEW CHANGES DON'T MAKE TOO MANY WAVES. KEEP YOU HEAD DOWN IS RIGHT. NEVER MAKE A TARGET!! LOL WILL KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOU AND HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT.

ceejay52 11-09-2012 10:05 AM

Michelle
So sorry to hear about Mischief. You are right, you did all you could for her.
And glad you could get the fridge repaired.

Happy
It want be long before you have all you boxes unpacked.

Mel
Glad to hear that things are back to normal in your building. There's still so many that still need help.

-------
The detectives did get a lot of information they needed. They were still asking the neighbors questions yesterday. I was glad to see that the foot traffic was not there last night. It probably will be this week end. I also noticed that those guys had one of there windows up early this morning and in this neighborhood that's an open invitation.

I've been in a cleaning mood. My living room is now cleaner than before. I've been trying to keep things picked up. Today I'm tackling my bedroom.
I want to get outside and rake some more fallen leaves.

Laura705 11-09-2012 10:29 AM

Michelle - So sorry to hear about Mischief. :( I'm certain she had a very good life with you - all the love and care you provided surely did that. :love:

Happy - Good for you going through the boxes It'll happen, maybe not as quickly as you hoped, but it'll get there. Of course, I'm sure you're thinking, if I've lived without most of this stuff for this long, do I really need it?? :D But there's those things here and there that you will be delighted to have again. Don't subject yourself to the stress of an open house unless you like the idea of being forced to get the boxes organized and being able to decorate. Will your job slow down, i.e., less hours for you, during the slow winter period? It makes the job less pleasant, even getting the paycheck, when you know you'll be tuckered out and sore on your days off. :( Re the museum, when I was back there I was reminded all over again how beautiful a building it is, and it'll be nice to just visit there and enjoy the structure, and to visit some favorite things and discover new ones. Yes, there were plenty of "young people" around that looked like your typical art students. :lol:

Ceejay - Pretty scary with a break-in next door to you. :fr: I suppose you're really glad to have that security system in place. I hope they get the burglars!! Is your cousin's wife doing a family tree?

Mel - Everyone needs those sunny days, and especially after what you've gone through in your state. Must have seemed so surreal to have the snowstorm hit right after Sandy. Good for you taking the day off - I'm sure you roundly deserve it. Enjoy!!! :) :)

Everyone have a great weekend!!
--
Yesterday afternoon was our fundraiser finale at work. They have a live auction and raffles. I didn't have my act together, so I hadn't purchased any raffle tickets. The live auction items are really for the big shot execs, not the lowly peon employees - things that seem to go for $500 and upwards. That makes it boring for me. They need to change up the offerings on that part of the event.

I went to a circuit class after work. Dinner was a can of soup. I'm no longer a huge fan of canned soup, but sometimes it hits the spot for an easy quick meal. I have a bowl with a lid that I thought would be good if I bring soup to work, but now I realize it won't fit a whole can of soup. I might check out the resale shop to see what they have.

Last night I was flipping through a magazine bf's mom passed along to me and I found a recipe I might take to Thanksgiving dinner at bf's bro's house. It's a pumpkin cake roll. I have a similar recipe I clipped from another magazine way back when, so I'll dig that one up, compare the two and choose which one I'll make. The one I found yesterday has pecans and a cream cheese filling - yummy. Looking forward to trying it out.

Early tomorrow morning I have my mammo appointment (oh joy), and after that, bf and I are having breakfast with a former co-worker of mine. Nothing else planned. We have a 30% coupon for Kohls and bf has a gift card, so we'll probably be there sometime this weekend. I don't know what he plans to buy, but I need a pair of jeans!

Okay, enough rambling, back to work. :blah:

:cofdate:

Shad 11-09-2012 05:25 PM

Morning all,
Home again and it is a grey and drizzly sort of day, but who cares when for breakfast you can have fresh bread, home grown tomato picked straight from the garden and a good slice of a good tasty cheese. I'm in love. :drool::love: :drool::love: :drool::love:

Laura - good luck with the boob job. Painful but necessary. I have to agree about the canned soup. It's got a lot of salt and is not always very tasty and I hate anything that have green veges in. Canned green vegs always seem to turn out to be a nasty shade of khaki somehow.

Ceejay - sorry to hear about the breakin. Good to co-operate with the cops since they are more likely to come to the aid of someone who supports them.

Michelle - so sorry to hear about the passing of Mischief. Maybe she just didn't want to have any more pain in her life. Similar thing happened to my Shad and although he wanted to stay with us, he knew that it was going to be pain filled and we did the best we could for him.
Are you sure you want and need to go back to CA so soon? Just wondering if you need time to get yourself on your feet before you go back to the loving but sometimes unhelpful support of family.

Mel - good to have you back again. We should speak, but I don't know whether you will be on the phone this weekend and it may be a couple of weekends before I can get back again.

Annie - lovely photo of you and the wee man. That's a treasure. Isn't he growing? Deranged brothers??? I got a couple of those. Maybe they should form a club.

Happy - what exactly does an open house entail? Do you have folk wandering around the yard and outbuildings and in the house and everywhere? Hope they don't wake up the bear.

Better go and get myself sorted for some shopping. My right hearing aid did a wobbly the other week and I expressed posted it to the shop. I haven't heard anything so I just hope it arrived. The garden is looking okay although there are some grass and weeds out there and the rose garden is being taken over by hippeastrums, gerberas, and alyssum but still the weeds grow. The tomatoes are doing well, the corn is just about ready and I need to think about more beans and more beetroot etc.

So back later. Take care.

annie175 11-09-2012 08:16 PM

Good Evening.....

Made homemade pizza, dough in the breadmaker. Pepperoni, hamburger, onion, green pepper, yellow and green peppers. Also made breadstix. Was quite tasty.

Sis came over to borrow Cs SUV for the weekend to go to Ohio for a wedding. Gave her some pizza to take home with her. Ainsley came with her and got Sassy all stirred up and running through the house...it waSs actually kind of cute and now Sass is tuckered out in MY lazyboy...

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 63, will feel like a heat wave. Sunday is supposed to be even better. C and I are going to see the new James Bond movie Sunday morning with my brother and SIL..

Shaddie...I still have 5 tomatos from my garden that I am rationing myself. I had to brown bag them to get them to turn now I am eating them one at a time a few days a part...I just hate letting go of summer. Boo...

Chelle....just do what you think is best for you and no one else. You come first. You are doing a great job, btw, considering all the stress and hurt you have been under. Prayers do work!

Laura...have fun with the boobie squeeze. NOT.. I agree with you on canned anything. I don't even buy canned veggies or anything. Way too much sodium...has to be frozen for me. If it does come in a can or jar it has to be the low sodium version.

Ceeg...scary about the break in, worse if anyone had been home. Around here they are breaking in even if people are home then beating them or shooting them.....this economy has people doing things they normally wouldn't do.

Mellie...good for you for taking a 4 day weekend. After all the hours you put in and alarms you answer, you NEED to take time for you....I am very proud of you for doing that. Enjoy Jen and Richie, and the heck with the rest of it. xoxo

Hello to all everyone...

Going to watch a couple of shows, then hit the hay that C is warming up at the moment....

Love and hugs