3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/269117-worldlie-chicks-say-november-new-beginnings.html)

ceejay52 11-06-2012 09:05 AM

Morning

Annie
What a cutie! He's getting so big.

Happy
I'm with you on the politcal ad's on this sight and on t.v. I voted early so that chore is over with. I knew I had to work today even though they are good to let me go vote when needed.

Laura
Sounds like you had a good week end.

Shad
How are things going?

Nothing new for me this morning, just another work day.

diyana 11-06-2012 09:10 AM

Arrrgh!! I just need to vent. My frig doesn't keep food cold enough. I bought a frig thermometer and it only gets down to 48 degrees. :(

I contacted my landlord and she said they don't include appliances...they're just available to use, but if something happens, I'm responsible for the repair/replacement. :censored: $400 for the cheapest frig at Menards or Home Depot. There are cheaper ones on Craigslist, but they don't include delivery.

It ticks me off because I'll only be living there 6-9 months, and I'd rather not buy a frig. :tantrum:

annie175 11-06-2012 10:04 AM

Chelle...Can you make due with that frige till you move? Or just by a very small (college dorm) size fridge for the main things that need to be so cold.

Wehaa, my iron level was perfect to give. Altho just made it. It has to be at least 12.5 and mine was 12.5.

So I have voted and given blood today! My duty is done here. haha

Laura705 11-06-2012 10:31 AM

Morning all.

Michelle - That stinks about the fridge not being cold enough. Sort of unusual that the lease doesn't include that. What a PITA!

Annie - Awww, cute photo. :) Lil guy is getting big!

Ceejay - It'll be good that the political ads are done now. The negativity drives me nuts.

Happy - Brrr, snow! Sorry your feet get so sore when you're on them at work. I haven't done that kind of work since my college years and I remember my legs being tired and always putting them up after work, but not my feet. I suppose my extra weight would make a big difference if I were to do that now! I'm sure my legs, feet and back would be hurting if I were standing like you do now.

Re dog-walking at night - the bf and I have speculated that people who walk their dogs at night probably don't pick up after them. We always brings bags and make every effort, day or night. Not always easy when there's leaves on the ground, lol! My visit with my mother was good. She feels bad that there's not much to do around there, but it doesn't bother me. We kept busy enough - went to a "Pets and Pumpkins" festival, the Botanical Center, and the Art Museum. She's doing fine - still gets around the house just fine and manages to get where she needs to go in the car. She's not a confident driver, so she pretty much keeps to the areas she knows. Probably for the best, even though it was sometimes frustrating during my visit.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies! Hope your week is going well. :) :) :)
--
I got out and voted this morning. I wanted to do electronic voting, but switched to a paper ballot to save myself the wait. I made my usual (lately) train and now I don't have to worry about doing it after work.

Didn't exercise last night. Nothing planned tonight. I really should exercise tonight. I'm being such a sloth!

Okay, better get this posted. I have something that I need to finish this morning and I'm anxious to get it over and done with. Then I have lunch with a work buddy today. :)

Shad 11-06-2012 07:57 PM

Morning all,
Short today as I have a load of work on again. I now have a car to get myself around and pool it with some of the others. So now I am armed and dangerous as far as the roads go. Still I didn't manage to get lost on the way out here so I guess all is good.

Another hot and sticky day. Guess this is it for the next couple of months. Roll on winter.

I hear some of you have snow. Well good luck with that. Getting earlier and earlier.

Gotta go. Another meeting comes my way. I do wish they would just make a firm decision

annie175 11-07-2012 07:58 AM

Good Morning...

Well another 4 years of O'Bama. I really feel that no matter who was elected, all have a lot of cleaning up from the last 4 years. Hopefully he has truly listened to the people as his vistory speech suggested. God Bless the USA!

Last night was dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Was a little dissappointed. My steak wasn't done and the bloomin onion was undercooked and crunchy with too done breading. We sent that back and had it taken off of our bill. Needless to say I ate the grilled lobster tail just fine..lol. Brought my steak and entire baked potato home for lunch today. Will nuke the steak to my likings for lunch. Watched a bit of the election returns and hit the sack. C is going fishing with his deranged brother today. Told him not to bring any fish home tonight as we have about 5 or 6 meals worth frozen from the last two fishing trips.

Sassy has her final Vet and shots appt later this afternoon. Then she will be good till next year. This trip might be expensive as I will have to purchase the heartworm meds also. (so far they have been giving me samples every month) She is so dang cute and believe it or not pretty smart...gets that from me...hahaha. And boy, she loves her momma...

SHADDIE...hopefully some kind of organization and direction will come before the end of the project. Yikes..have car..will travel. Hope the AC works great with all that heat.

Hello to all the worldlie sisters, have a marvelous hump day!

Loves and hugs

diyana 11-07-2012 08:44 AM

Crazy busy day ahead for me. I've got to get caught up on about 1/2 dozen projects....and due to a department-wide review for a major website launch we have coming up, I'll be working 'till at least 8:30 tonight. :faint: Luckily, the ex has Santa last night and tonight so I don't have to worry about him being home alone for that long.

Got a call from my doc yesterday about my blood tests. My LDL Cholesterol was a bit high, and my fasting blood sugar and HA1C were both REALLY elevated - in the range for Diabetes. So she's switching my cholesterol med and putting me on MetFormin for blood sugar. :( Hopefully the refrig repairman can come out tomorrow afternoon so I can have a working frig.

I'm also going to get back to exercising, and I'm also going to move my Wii Fit over from the house to the new place this weekend. I've been taking the stairs at work, and Santa and I have a good walking route that's approximately 1.5 miles.

I hope y'all are doing well.

Much love and many hugs,

ceejay52 11-07-2012 09:27 AM

Annie
I agree with you statement concerning the election.

Michelle
I'll have my test ran again in January. Hope they improve from the last time for cholesterol.

-----
At least the election is over.
My neighbor called around 6 a.m. this morning. Tried to call her back but she didn't answer. Wish she wouldnt do that as I have a very short time period to get ready for work in the morning.
I'm ready for my week end.

Laura705 11-07-2012 10:35 AM

Morning all.

Shad - So you're not at the mercy of public transportation anymore - hope that makes your time in Darwin better.

Annie - Sorry the Outback meal was disappointing. Seems like whenever we have steak at a restaurant, bf ends up saying we'd do better just getting the good steaks from our butcher and grilling them, especially if the restaurant meal was expensive! Yay for the last of the vet visits for a while. Coal just got the works at the vet yesterday and it wasn't even an annual visit - adequan shot, blood test, nail trim, and gland cleanout. And he had to be sedated in advance for it, poor guy!

Michelle - What a long day you'll have! :faint: Good that Santa will not be alone all that time. Great job working in the exercise to your day. :) I'm walking to the train in the mornings now, so I get more physical activity too.

Ceejay - The "morning rush" is not a good time to phone!! I'm so ready for the weekend and here it is only mid-week. At least your weekend comes sooner. :)

Hellos to the rest of you! :wave:
==
In a blah mood today. It was rainy yesterday and still cloudy at the moment. I hope it clears up a bit. I miss the sun. I haven't been going out at lunchtime for a while now, but it's dark when I leave work, so I probably need to get out at lunch to get some sun/Vit. D. :sunny: :cool:

I went to a Tighter Assets class last night and got my a$$ kicked. Lots of squats, including one-legged squats. I'm already getting sore - later today should be fun.

At lunchtime today I might pop over to the Art Institute for an "express talk" about one of the paintings on exhibit. I treated myself to a membership there recently, figuring I could get over there at lunchtime or after work (it's about 6 blocks away from the office).

Happy Hump Day!
:cheers:

Shad 11-07-2012 05:00 PM

Morning all,

I have no idea what they read in my cv before they employed me up here, but it certainly wasn't what I wrote in it. I am a trainer/ documenter support person with some business analysis skills. I do not do configuration or system development. There is nowhere in my cv that mentions config or system development. I think they skipped that bit.

Laura - as you can see I have your blah mood and multiplied it by 3.

Ceejay - 6.00am calls by neighbours should be banned unless they are an emergency and the neighbour can't actually get to your door.

Michelle - not surprised your body is somewhat out of whack. Stress inevitably takes it's toll somewhere along the line. As far as the fridge goes, I would suggest that it is third hand from the family somewhere along the line and they don't want to pay to dump it. Shift it out the back and get a small fridge for the time being. Sell it when you leave.

Annie - don't usually like to talk politics but I think in case you made the right choice. The GFC wasn't solely Obama's fault, it was caused by your stupid taxation laws and greed in corporations. It's been coming for years and the amount of expenditure on defence and foreign wars has added to the troubles. The rest of the world is suffering from that as well. The world should really be run by women.

Okay - better go see what is what in the chicken coop for the day.

happy2bme 11-07-2012 06:24 PM

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been working on a post ALL DAY in between flitting with chores and lost the whole thing. I am so mad!

Oh well. I am glad the election is over - tired of hearing about it. Just hope people will put down their differences and work together for a change to get this country back on track. And I wish the haters would just shut up already. I'd rather listen to campaign ads then their rants and name calling.

Got 3 days off. Did chores today and some cooking. Maybe a bit of shopping tomorrow as we are looking at a generator as well as some type of heater for the 3rd bay of the garage.

My new crockpot came today. Programmable. Perfect weather to make crock pot type meals. Yum. Will let you know how it goes.

Michelle - I can tell you from personal experience that nothing shoots the blood sugar up high like sustained stress does. You could eat and entire bag of chocolates and it wouldn't spike as much. Try to keep up with the mindful eating, get some exercise and keep a good attitude. This will pass. :hug: That really stinks with the refrigerator. Sounds like a total cop out (we're just letting you use the thing) - either the place comes with appliances or does not. Are you renting an apartment or a house? Soon it will be cold enough to leave stuff on the windowsill :lol:

Shad - sort of sounds like you were a warm bod to fill an open spot when they brought you on and figured it's your problem to make things happen. What a big mess! These are the circumstances in which I'd never want your kind of work. And I think women are poising themselves to take a more active role in politics but it will be a long time before they can undo the old boy system. :shrug:

Laura - how was the Art Institute seminar? Sounds very interesting. I really don't understand art at all so that would be quite fascinating - and gets you outside of the office but out of the restaurants and stores. Glad you had a good visit with your Mom. Cherish her while you can. Found out my co-worker lost her Mom last week. Went in for surgery, apparently got an infection they could not seem to cure and it did her in. Very sad.

Ceejay - I would be very upset if someone called me at 6 am and it was not an emergency. Even more upset if they were not around to take the call back.

Mel - I hear there is a winter storm headed your way. They are evacuating low areas in anticipation of high winds and flooding. I do hope this does not mean another few long days for you. Hope you will be ok my friend :swim: :hug:

Annie - would you save any money on the heartworm meds by mail order? Ok, I have to admit that I got the biggest laugh about your under the table comment about C going fishing with his deranged brother :lol3: Violins and the sound of Psycho music ring in my head :lol: I hope he didn't toss him in the water. That might be fun with C on his job runs. I'm sure with all your experience at CVS you might be able to cut his stock time by 25 percent zip, zip, zoom!

Ok, dinner is almost ready, gotta get it out of the oven and on the table - corn on the cob, baked potato and honey mustard pork roast. Simple winter comfort foods. Then fall asleep in the recliner watching TV.

Have a good night all.

happy2bme 11-07-2012 07:51 PM

Blizzard conditions up Mel's way right now. Heavy snow and blowing winds. Hope she can hunker down until it warms up and melts in a day or two. God bless that woman dealing with the folks in the building :faint:

diyana 11-07-2012 08:05 PM

Stay calm, safe, warm and dry, Mel! I hope the seniors don't freak out, and God love ya', I hope there are no emergencies. :hug:

annie175 11-08-2012 07:48 AM

MOANING all...haha Morning...

I think my tummy issues of the past week are caused by the extra iron I have been taking. Danged if you do, danged if you don't. Just hope it stops soon.

Nothing too exciting last night, Miss Sass a cakes was 5lbs 12 oz. Guess that was not her final booster. Will have to take her back next month. Vet said she was perfect. Well..yeah..really. C got home from fishing around 7 pm. He said his deranged brother was in a pretty good mood and even bought Micky Ds for them on the way home. I figure going fishing with his deranged brother is better than going hunting, somehow the whole gun thing would bother me.

HAPPY....your dinner sound scrumptious. I'll be right over. I haven't felt much like cooking the past few nights. I ate a piece of toast with a slice of cheese on it for dinner last night. Maybe tonight I will get back into gear. Cs deranged brother, dueling banjos enters my head. lol

SHADDIE...I tend to agree with you on your thoughts of our govt. If women ran the world, it would bring an entire different meaning to multi-tasking for the bunch.

MELLIE...I am a little worried about you sister. I hope you all are ok.

Hellos to all

Love and hugs.

MELODY525 11-08-2012 07:52 AM

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ShovelSnow.gif

I'VE BEEN DOWNSTAIRS AND I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH SNOW THERE IS.
THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN ENLIGHTENING TO SAY THE LEAST.
EVERYONE IS JUST SO TIRED AND "DEFLATED".

PEOPLE COMING TO VOTE TUESDAY WERE IN A DAZE....BUT THEY CAME.
JEN & I ARE TAKING TURNS AND RICHIE RAN ERRANDS....MOSTLY ON FOOT
HE FINALLY GOT A TANK FULL OF GAS YESTERDAY.

I THINK THE WEEKEND WILL BRING SOME PEACE. I REALLY NEED TO UNWIND.
I MAKE TIME EVERY DAY TO MEDITATE.....IT'S BEEN A REAL BLESSING.
I KIND OF LOOK FORWARD EVERY DAY TO A TIME WHEN I DON'T HAVE TO THINK OR PLAY MRS FIX-IT.

OUR TEMPS ARE SUPPOSED TO RISE AND MELT THIS CRAP.
AND TO THINK I LOVED TO LOOK AT IT! :ginger:
SORRY ABOUT THE ABSENCE & PERSONALS BUT IT HURTS TO THINK.
HOPE YOU GALS ARE ALL WELL TOO :hug: