3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/269117-worldlie-chicks-say-november-new-beginnings.html)

MELODY525 11-26-2012 07:47 AM

http://www.magicus.info/gn/slike/gn_...5201963188.jpg

GOOD MORNING!

I AM TRYING TO THINK WHAT I DID YESTERDAY:faint:
MAYBE I AM NOT AWAKE.
I DO REMEMBER COOKING A FEW THINGS FOR THE WEEK.
I AM BACK DOWN TO 189 THIS WEEK.
I GAINED A BIT IN NOVEMBER EATING THE VOLUNTEER FOOD.
THAT WILL TEACH ME NOT TO COOK WHILE WORKING.a:rofl:
ANYWAY......
HAVE A SUPER DAY.

HAPPY......I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT IS ACTUALLY SNOWING SOMEWHERE.
THIS WEATHER HAS BEEN SO STRANGE. HOPE YOU GET OFF EARLY.
THE HOT DOGS SOUNDED GOOD & REMINDED ME OF NATHAN'S IN NYC!!
OMG I LOVED THEIR FRIES:drool:

CEEJAY......WOW....A SHORT WEEK & VACATION TIME!!
ARE YOU OFF A WHOLE WEEK?? I FORGET THE DETAILS ALREADY:crazy:

LAURA...HERE'S THE DYNAMIC DUO JPEG JUST FOR YOU :lol3: :lol3:
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT FEW DAYS TO ME.
NICE SALE ON THE GYM & NO CONTRACT. :cheer:
HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH LUNCH & A MOVIE.
YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE HALLMARK CHANNEL.
JEN THINKS THAT THE ONLY CHANNEL ON MY TV.
BUT I SEE HER WATCHING IT WHILE WE CHAT:rofl:
I LOVE ORNAMENTS TOO. WE GAVE BOXES TO THE SENIORS AND ALSO TO A LOCAL NURSING HOME.
THE FUNNY THING IS THEY "PICKED" THRU THEM!!!
SO I GUESS BEGGARS CAN BE CHOOSY!!! :rofl:

SHAD..... I THINK YOU GOT LOST & DIDN'T RETURN.
HERE'S A HUG FOR THE NEW WEEK :hug:

PATTY.....YOU HAD LOTS OF COMPANY!
NICE TO HAVE LONG WEEKENDS. I LOVE THEM.
HOPE YOUR WEEK OUT OF TOWN GOES WELL:hug:

diyana 11-26-2012 08:10 AM

A quick post for me...I'm at work and really busy. Sorry for not posting over the weekend. I wasn't feeling well. Per my doc's instructions, I increased my diabetes med to two pills twice a day and my body objected in a big way. Friday night wasn't too bad. Saturday morning I woke up feeling a bit "off" with minor tummy troubles. Saturday night, the tummy troubles got much worse, and by Sunday morning, I was feeling really lousy. I asked the ex if he could take Santa for Sunday, Sunday night and Monday, and I'd pick him up this evening. That way Santa could play, and I could just rest. Which is exactly what I did...laid in bed and watched football (though admitedly I dozed through most of the games). I was even too tired/out of it to watch the Packer game last night. :yikes: Actually, I'm glad I missed it...after seeing the score, I think watching the game would've upset my stomach more.

Due to having to work today, I took it upon myself to cut my Metformin back to one pill twice a day...and I'll call my doc this morning to let her know that the higher dose is more than my body can handle...unless I can have a week or two off work and off life so my body can adjust.

I hope you all are doing well. Happy Birthday to Patty!

Much love and many hugs,

ceejay52 11-26-2012 08:43 AM

The boss man has put me to work. We're draining one of the elevated tanks/water towers today for inspection. He want's me to call him when it get's down to 30 feet. I think we're suppposed to switch over to the other elevated tank at that time.

------
Michelle
Sorry your body is rejecting the extra med. Hope you are feeling better today.

Mel
Yep I'm taking the rest of my vacation next week. I'm so ready for it.

Laura
Sounds like you were busy the past week en.

Patty
Happy Birthday. May you have many more happy and healthy days ahead.

annie175 11-26-2012 08:52 AM

Back to the grindstone!!

December 1st is this coming Saturday, finally has arrived... Jake (Tater) and Kristin's wedding at 4:30 pm. I am gaining a wonderful DIL. I really like her. Bad side is my ex will be there, even tho we have no problems being in the same room, his GF hates my guts, for reasons I do not know or understand. She tends to make everyone uncomfortable with her terrible attitude and eye rolling. I WILL take it upon myself to corner her in the bathroom and smack the living sh*t out of her, if she causes a mess at the wedding like she did at my son's graduation from military school.

The lasagna was fabulous. I will post the recipe tomorrow as I forgot it at home. I did bring some for lunch today. I like the cream cheese in it, and kind of gives it a different flavor without the ricotta and egg. Creamier

Happy Birthday Ms. Patty! Hope you enjoy your day immensely.

MELLIE...I am with Richie on the Hallmark/Lifetime channel...if I turn it on, I don't get another thing done. I am loving the Christmas movies...this from a person who used to hate the Christmas season as the ex ruined it so many years ago. Now Curtis has made it so wonderful. He is such a good man.

SHADDIE...your garden harvest sounds wonderful. I am missing my garden now that it is only 30 degrees outside. Tonights low is 28, burrrrr. The good news is for the wedding this weekend the high is 54 and not supposed to rain/snow.

CHELLE...so sorry you had an awful time with the meds. Hopefully you will get regulated and feeling much better soon. Try to take it easy on yourself sweetie...hugs....

LAURA...yummmmmm, pumpkin roll, but there you go the whole cream cheese thing. Cream cheese makes everything AOK! haha Good for you for getting some exercise in on this past lazy holiday weekend.

ELLEN...so glad you came up for air and hope things slow down for you just a bit.

HAPPY...had to laugh at your medicine toast with DH. C and I split a tylenol PM at night sometimes. Cheers! Maybe it is a good thing that the store is closing up a little early these days, gives you less time on your feet and recovery time.

Gotta work whether I want to or not.

Loves and hugs

annie175 11-26-2012 08:53 AM

CEEG...you sneaker inner. Hope when you drain that tower you are not doing it yourself by pan fulls...hahahahha

happy2bme 11-26-2012 01:16 PM

Hi there chickee babes,

Store was DEAD yesterday - not even worth going in. So I called and got the ok to close up early. Took me longer to clean than anything else. I came home and took a nap :lol: I feel like I finally got caught up with sleep. Today I was looking at Cyber Monday stuff online but I really don't want or need anything. Did order some shower caps for Mom - hers are starting to stretch out and it's hard to find ones that meet her very particular standards ;) Other than that I have laundry to do. Tomorrow I get my hair done thank goodness - I am soooo in dire need of a die job :eek: I only work Wednesday and Saturday this week - nice break although business is NOT where she's thinking it could be so who knows how much longer I'll be there :shrug: Ok with me - it's not THAT much more money - and when it's 9 degrees outside, who wants to get up and go out in it?

It's sunny right now - finally stopped snowing but still deceptively cold outside. DH said it was 5 degrees when he got up, I just looked at the thermometer and it said 16 degrees. I think I need to make some hot soup!

:celebrate::bday2you::celebrate: Happy Birthday to you Patty! Hope you are able to enjoy your day. Looks like you have a busy travel schedule ahead of you - when will you have time to get ready for the holidays? Don't people at work UNDERSTAND????? Of course not :no:

Michelle - suggest you speak to your doctor - after a year of trying to tolerate Metformin he switched me to Glumetza - which is supposed to be easier on the stomach. I like it better. I still have bouts of "issues" but that is also because I am trying to deal with the acid reflux and Tums and Pepcid fix one problem and cause another. But my endochronologist said there are a couple of different meds they can try if one doesn't work for you. Sorry that you were so knocked under the bus over the weekend. Santa is going to get used to those play dates :lol:

Annie - I told DH about the cream cheese - he doesn't like ricotta either but he said it would be too creamy. I think I'd like it so I will give it a try when you post the recipe. I noticed Kraft is combining cream cheese with their shredded mozzerella cheese to give it a more smooth texture and help with the melting. I can't believe a year has passed since your son got engaged. Did you find a nice dress? Um... if ex's GF creates a scene, then he should have the good sense not to bring her to the event. I hope she doesn't ruin the wedding.

Ceejay - good luck with those tanks. That sounds scary :yikes: I hope this doesn't involve getting into them! Any special plans for your vacation time? If you're not busy you can come to my house and decorate :lol:

Oh man - DH is yelling LOUDLY on the phone with the cable tv people. Seems our bill has gone up 40 dollars with no explanation. I'm glad I'm not on the other side of the phone... I need to find those chill pills for him.

Mel - I sort of peeked at the Hallmark channel yesterday but it looked too tempting so I switched it :lol: Had to laugh at the seniors picking through the ornaments. I totally can see that. My Mom would join in too.

Oh boy - his yelling is really getting to me. I need to get out of here. I'm going to tell him to calm down then I'm going to run out of here quickly :lol: Be back later...

annie175 11-26-2012 01:32 PM

Let me guess HAPPY, do you have AT&T Uverse? They are notorious for that. Remember I divorced the idiot ex who had no sense, so he will bring her to the wedding. He just sits there and let's it go on. Maybe they will not show up. He is also notorious for not showing up. Fingers crossed. Tell DH to calm down, his blood pressure will go through the roof. Literally. Hugs sister.

diyana 11-26-2012 02:30 PM

I talked to my doc...rather than increasing the dose from 1 pill twice a day to two pills twice a day which caused me lots of problems, she suggested I do 2 pills in the morning and 1 at night. I was hoping I could do 1 in the morning and 2 at night so that if I had "issues" I'd be at home...but she said it would be better to increase as she suggested. Probably because I'm eating during the day (hence more meds) and not at night when I sleep. LOL I'll start the new dose with tomorrow morning. :crossed: I'm meeting with a diabetes educator today, so maybe she'll have some suggestions for how I can tolerate the meds better.

================
Happy - I hope your DH gets things settled with the cable company, and is able to calm down.

Ceejay - Good luck draining the tower.

Mel - I would get totally sucked in by the Hallmark Channel and wouldn't get anything done.

Annie - I can't believe the wedding is nearly here! I hope your ex's GF doesn't cause trouble at the wedding or reception.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I took ex-DMIL to see Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 on Friday. We both loved it!! I would highly recommend it...but only if you're a Twilight fan. It stayed very true to the book...though somewhat condensed to fit into 2 hours. There were a couple twists that made things exciting. And if you're not a Twilight fan...save your money...the guys are hot, but the acting is just ok. And if you're not into the books, you won't find the movies that great. But again, for a Twi-hard like me and my DMIL...it was outstanding!! And I will see it again and eventually add the DVD to complete my Twilight series. :rofl:

Laura705 11-26-2012 05:37 PM

Quick Happy Birthday post for Patty. Have a good bday (what's left of it) & a great year to follow!

:hb:

ceejay52 11-26-2012 06:55 PM

Afternoon
Had a laugh at all the comments on draining the water tower. They turned the valve off that lets water into the tank, turned off the other tank and let the customers use it. They drained about 10 foot of water into the sewer system. No big deal. Just a headache for me. The other tank operates a bit differently than the main one.

Annie
I hope the ex dh's gf doesn't make a scene at the wedding. Or even bettter
hope they don't show up at all.

Happy
Oh my, due tell dh to calm down.
I

annie175 11-26-2012 11:58 PM

Dang it, lost my post and at this hour, not doing it again. OMG I am so pi$$ed.

MELODY525 11-27-2012 07:18 AM

http://beinghertheotherwoman.files.w...picture-25.gif

MORNING CHICKS
I THINK SOME OF HAPPY'S SNOW IS HEADED THIS WAY.
A FLAKE JUST FLEW BGY THE WINDOW.
I DID NOTHING YESTERDAY BUT LITTLE TINY JOBS.
SEWING ON A BUTTON, SHREDDING....SMALL JOBS.
CHATTED WITH JEN, HAD DINNER AND WENT TO BED WITH A BOOK.
SOMEHOW THE DAY WENT BY QUICKLY.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY:moped:

MICHELLE~ SORRY TO HEAR THE MEDS ARE AFFECTING YOU SO BADLY.
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER DURING THE WEEK. TAKE CARE:hug:
* I HOPE THE NEW DOSAGE WORKS.
I CAN SEE WHERE IT WOULD BE NICE TO DO 2 PILLS AT NIGHT.
BUT YOU'RE RIGHT...IT'S THE DAYTIME EATING THAT NEEDS IT MORE.

CEEJAY~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE INSPECTIONS.
I AM GLAD YOU WILL HAVE TIME TO KICK BACK AND RELAX.
HAVE YOU ANY PLANS? AND HOW ARE THE UNCLES??

ANNIE....THE TIME HAS FLOWN BY!!
CAN'T BELIEVE SATURDAY IS THE BIG DAY!
I PRAY EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.
REMEMBER TO "TAKE THE HIGH ROAD".
WILL SEND YOU CALMING THOUGHTS OUT EARLY THAT DAY!! lol

HAPPY~ MAYBE YOU CAN CATCH UP ON SOME DOWN TIME IF IT'S SLOW.
YOU CAN SIT BY THE WINDOW WITH SOME COCOA AND WATCH THE WILDLIFE GO BY!!:cofdate:
I'LL JOIN YOU IF YOU GET THE MINI MARSHMALLOWS:coffee:

diyana 11-27-2012 08:44 AM

Good morning ladies -

I have so much to get done today...and even though I only have a couple many meetings today it's a couple meetings too many considering the work to be done and deadlines to meet. :(

I met with my diabetes educator yesterday. She went over how many carbs I should have per meal and per day, and confirmed that if I go over that amount per meal, it will increase my chances of "bad' side effects with Metformin. She also suggested that rather than start the higher dosage this morning, that I wait for a day or two until my stomach settles down more. She said that if the higher dose of Metformin is still to hard on my body, that there is an Extended Release version of Metformin, or I could try a different med all together...the one Happy mentioned in her post. She said that all the meds can cause GI problems, especially when lots of carbs are consumed. But at the same time, she cautioned that eating too few carbs can cause trouble as well, as can eating foods high in fat.

We don't have any of Happy's snow yet...thank goodness! But it was a cold 16 degrees when I left for work this morning. :brr:

Gotta run and get ready for the first meeting of the day.

A big :wave: and :hug: to all!

Much love,

ceejay52 11-27-2012 08:56 AM

Michelle
Brrrrrrrr on the 16 degree weather. I'm not ready for that. We've had a nice fall and I want that weather to stay. Good idea on talking with the diabetes educator. My friend talks to her ins nurse. She said she was very helpful.

Mel
I checked my cell phone weather app this morning and low and behold it said there was light snow this morning. Yikes. I didn't see anything on the way to work and the system has about moved out of this area.

Annie
Boo on losing the post. I've done that before too.

-----
3 more work days and I'm on vacation.

happy2bme 11-27-2012 08:56 AM

Good morning ladies,

Short post for me - I'm off to the hairdresser shortly.

Did a little bit of cyber shopping yesterday. I noticed that Paypay is making it increasingly difficult to get money into my account (bank transfer). Used to be that I once just made a request to transfer funds. Now it's some convoluted process :?:

Michelle - I was on the XR Metformin from the get go. Didn't help at all. That's interesting about the link with carbs and effects. Will have to pay attention to that. Thanks for sharing. Hope you can get your work done. Hate sitting in meetings when there's so much to do...

Mel - hope you get a few flakes - enough to go awwww but not enough to make it slippery and yucky. I will look through the cabinet when I get back for marshmallows. Will you settle instead for a shot of Amaretto or Gran Marnier instead? :coffee: ;) ;)

Happy Tuesday to the rest of the chicks. Back later... :wave: