3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/269117-worldlie-chicks-say-november-new-beginnings.html)

happy2bme 11-01-2012 11:56 AM

The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings"

For Michelle - and anyone else ready to jumpstart things before we close the year out.

Certainly could use a fresh start after picking up from Superstorm Sandy. It's good to know that Java Turtle had some slow going but didn't get stuck and made it home ok. TWO FEET OF SNOW! Geez Louise :yikes: I'm sure it was the heavy, wet stuff too. Glad to hear you are ok and thanks for checking in.

I have spent part of the morning reading about the devistation in Hoboken, New Jersey which is not all that far from Mel and her crew. It is really sad and I hope they pull together to get them back up and running quickly. Was ready to send her a care package but if the roads are flooded and they can't get deliveries through, what can you do?

Shad - to comment on your question about relief efforts - sometimes I would send money to the American Red Cross which is generally one of the first responders in a disaster situation but my own opinion in which I know people personally affected would be to send something directly to them and let them decide how to apply it best. Just my opinion... I do hope given the amount of elderly in Mel's building that they will be given priority in relief efforts.

Let me go finish setting this thread up. Back in a bit.

happy2bme 11-01-2012 12:38 PM

Michelle - good luck with your move. Hope you don't mess up your back. Are you taking furniture too? I certainly hope so. And I hope you took the good stuff ;) :lol:

Laura - glad the cough is manageble now but I would think with all the decomposing leaves and wood fires (fireplaces) that are starting, it might be a bit more irritating. So you worked up a sweat with "Classic Stretch"? Sounds like more that reaching and lifting :lol:

Annie - hang in there - only a day and a half until the weekend when you can relax with the family and get away from the work stuff. Hope your back is doing better.

Shad - it's about time you are relaxing. A glass of wine and a book sounds just like what you need after your hectic week. Enjoy! And I'd hate people who would call in a ticket just as they were about to leave work themselves and then when you call back either they are gone or the person you need to help them has left :mad:

It's snowing outside. Just barely cold enough to turn rain into snow so it's light but steady - the ground is still warm enough so it won't stick but it's dreary out. I'm off today and have a few things to do around the house including making some soups. Oh and yesterday the store owner said she will be cutting hours as we get dead slow now - ok by me although she still wants me to work 3 days a week it seems.

Gotta go - DH wants to go into town and I'm going with. Later chicks...

ceejay52 11-01-2012 03:31 PM

Michelle
Like the title for the thread. Is today moving day? Wish I were there to help you.

Happy
Thanks for setting up the new thread. Think your new boss is letting the other employee down easy so to speak.

Java Turtle
Thank you for checking in. We've been concerned. Glad you made it safe and sound.

Annie
Hope you are feeling better.

-----
I'm at work today. Co-worker wanted to go with her hubby to take his dad for a radiation treatment. I'm trying hard to do as little as possible. I did complete the reports. My eyes are glued to the t.v. watching the results of hurricane Sandy.
My neice's baby got to go home yesterday dressed in a Holloween outfit.
Didn't have any trick or treaters. Turned the lights off outside and only left the hallway light on for me. Watched t.v. and ate pizza. Did noticed some boy's around 10 years old outside. They may have been up to some mischief. But hey it was Holloween. They didn't come close to the car or I'd blew the horn.
It's time for me to get back on track for sure. This week (and I'm blaming it on the full moon) I can't get filled up.

diyana 11-01-2012 03:49 PM

Hi everyone -

Happy - Thanks for using my suggestion for the thread title. I'm excited about my new beginning. As rough as the past two months have been for me, and I know I've got a lot of emotional healing and growing to do going forward, I've decided that the REST of my life is going to be the BEST of my life. :D As for moving out and taking the good stuff...I am. But not all of it. I'm taking into consideration....is it something that's worth moving twice (once to my new place and then to CA later on).

Java - I'm glad you're doing okay.

Ceejay - I'll be praying for your great niece and co-worker's father in law. Moving day is actually Saturday. I got the keys last night though and took a load of odds and ends over, today will be another small load of odds and ends. Tomorrow I'll have my soon to be ex-husband's SUV, so I can transport more stuff with fewer trips. And Saturday will be when the furniture gets moved. I have 2 or 3 male friends coming to help me, and at least a couple female friends. So hopefully it won't take long.

Mel - I'm praying for you, Jen and Richie, and all those affected by Sandy. I've got lots of cousins in NJ...and some have been without power and heat for days and will likely be out for several more days. :( But at least they made it through.

Annie - Feel better sista. Sending you hugs. :hug:

Much love and many hugs to all,

ceejay52 11-02-2012 08:54 AM

Looks like every one is asleep.
Checking to see if Mel had posted.

happy2bme 11-02-2012 09:04 AM

Good morning to all.

Not much going on here. Ran some errands yesterday. Took a nap - it was lovely but it did disrupt my sleep last night. Now I'm tired and it's a work day. At least I will have the weekend off for a change. Brain is foggy so I will post this. Hope everyone is doing well and Mel is doing ok.

Have a good weekend ladies.

annie175 11-02-2012 09:17 AM

Happy Friday...

Got lil man's 1 year pix taken last night. He would barely smile, he wasn't in the mood. Nevermind the fact that Sam took him to the doc yesterday for his check up and he got 3 shots. Well no wonder he wouldn't smile, probably felt like crap. I told her she should of rescheduled. Anyway, got 3 pretty good shots of him smiling. We get them back next Friday, will try to post somehow. She and I and babe, of course, went to Chili's for dinner...needless to say that place is hit or miss and it was awful last night. What a bust. Only thing that looked good was the babe's mac n cheese. lol

Work still stinks. My big boss is coming on Monday and I am hoping to meet with her about this mess. I need to see the changes they preached were to happen, rather than just hear a lot of malarky. I know quit ranting and be happy I have a job.

This weekend is my future DILs bridal shower and the bach party downtown at a younger crowd night club. I am not going to that, I am attending the earlier part at another place for dinner with them. Then I am cutting out. I do not want to be at a 21-31 yr old club nor drinking.

Sunday is sissy's birthday dinner at 4 pm. She has requested fried chicken, potato cakes, green beans, mac n cheese, and for her cake she wants my homemade apple pie and vanilla ice cream instead. Will be a busy Sunday morning for me.

Happy...thanks for starting the new thread. I guess I really should learn how to do that, but you are so good at it. ;)

CEEG...We only had about 25 trick or treaters and a few of them could drive a car. hmmm, oh well at least they were not out robbing a house or breaking laws.

CHELLE...if I lived closer I would certainly help you move. Or at least supervise...wink wink...lol. Be careful with your back and take it easy. Hugs

Prayers out there for Mellie and crew! and all the rest of the area.

Hello to everyone..

love and hugs.

Laura705 11-02-2012 10:48 AM

Morning all. TGIF!! :carrot: No special plans, but I'm ready for the weekend anyways.

Java - Glad you made it home safely the other night, and that your weren't without power for too long. Yes, these situations definitely remind us (1) we are so fortunate (2) we shouldn't take things for granted and (3) we shouldn't whine over the minor irritations in life. :yes:

Happy - Thanks for setting up our new thread. Yeh, you might imagine that a stretch workout is sort of calm and slow...nope, not this one. :D Hope your workday is quiet. Nice you have the weekend off.

Ceejay - How nice your grand-niece got to go home! :bb: Glad your Halloween was uneventful.

Michelle - Sounds like you've got a lot of help with the moving, so no overdoing it - your back will thank you. :):p

Annie - Yeh, timing of the photos was not ideal for the lil guy. :( The Chili's closest to us closed nearly a year ago - not really missing it, but I sure wish something else would open in its spot. I just hate seeing those empty buildings! I also hate when every new building in the area seems to be a bank - really?? Unless you need to visit a safe deposit box regularly, why do you need to physically go to a bank on a regular basis? Just my opinion. I know, many people don't like ATMs and businesses use banks a lot, yada yada, yada. Oops, sorry for going off on that tangent. An early happy b-day to sissy - her menu pick sounds delish, and with you preparing it, I'm sure it will be. :) :hun: :chef: I can see why the bachelorette party would not appeal - not fond of clubs where you can't even hear yourself think. If I'm in an environment like that where I can't hear conversation, I'd rather be listening to a live rock band, not DJ music.

:wave: to the rest of the Worldlies.
==

Nothing much going on with me. BF is off with friends today to spend the day at a friend's summer place before closing it up, and he'll be gone overnight tonight. I will leave work a wee bit early to go home and walk the dog before dark. Nothing special planned tonight, probably just watch some telly.

Have a great weekend everyone!

annie175 11-02-2012 12:26 PM

Laura...An evening at home alone with the pup sounds delightful. ABC has a couple of shows on tonight that I want to watch. Last Man Standing with Tim Allen and Malibu Country with Reba McIntire. They start at 8 pm EST and run back to back. Just in case you are interested. Have a great weekend!!

Shad 11-02-2012 07:16 PM

Morning all,
Saturday here and not before time. Yesterday was just plain silly. I got given a job to do - tart up the Roads Report Specification - by the project director. Okay - go see this person and ring this person and check out this person. So I did. From the ringing I got an earful of whinging and moaning. From the go see person I got, oh sh*t haven't read the spec. Will do and get back to you next week. From the check out person I got, (basically in Indian dialect amid much shaking of head) I know nothing about this. I just got to interface SAP with GIS and poke it into the website. Have you got the GIS spec? No and I don't want to, see so and so. Then he said you really should go and see the project director. Full circle. Round and round we go. You put your left leg in and take your left leg out. Put your leg in and shake it all about. Now I am going crazy doing the Hokey Tokey. It's lucky I get paid regularly and there isn't much work about at the moment and many of my friends are looking for work.

Anyway:
Happy - a weekend off. Yeehaa. Hope you get some stuff done around the place and some time off for good behaviour. Can't imagine there would be much call for popcorn in the winter.

Annie - well there was a step in the right direction. Not going to the nightclub and being tempted to drink. Well done. And think of the cash you saved. All waiting to be put into the travel fund.
Poor wee man all doped up and wanting to cry and having to have his photo taken.
Hope you get more sense out of your bosses than I got out of mine. Still I will probably sign up for another three months if offered.

Laura - at least you were doing some exercise. Some is better than none.

Michelle - Happy packing and moving for this weekend. It will be tough but you will come out of this stronger and more motivated. If I was closer I'd be there helping you pack and keeping track of your boxes and beds.

Ceejay - see below for Mel info.

Had an email from Mel. She is okay. Probably won't post here until the power is re-established properly. She is worried that the power surges may affect her computer and it would be devastating for her if that happened. She is seeking help from the powers that be because she and Jen and Richie can no longer cope with the demands from the seniors. So she has her priorities straight. She has food to last for a week or so. But the other building have not been so lucky and they have opened their building for day shelter and for recharging phones etc. Apparently all the local schools are camp grounds and there is a lot of damage. Things won't be back to normal for quite a while. Richie is almost out of gas so they can't go anywhere even if there was anywhere to go.

I would like to do something for them but have the problem of if sending money for example, do I put it directly in the bank - and what ramifications would that have with the government and taxes - seems every unproved penny causes trouble in that quarter. If I send it via money transfer like Western Union, how do they get to pick it up and is the places like that working at this time. Can I send a care parcel and will it get there. None of you lot are close enough to be able to sort anything either. Anyway, by next week we should have a clearer picture.

In the meantime, I need to go do some shopping (read retail therapy) and get some bits and pieces in. We had rain last night and it seems to have made the place somewhat more bearable out there. So look after yourselves, be kind to each other and look after the wildlife.
Cya

ceejay52 11-02-2012 10:05 PM

Shad
Thanks for the information on Mel. I'm with you but don't really know how to handle the situation.

Michelle
Take it easy tomorrow and let those men friends do all the heavy lifting.

Happy
I'm with you with taking naps in the afternoon. It interferes with my sleep at night big time.

Laura
Enjoy your quiet time tonight.

Annie
Can't believe that the lil man is a year old. Is he walking yet?

I've had an eventful day. Raked the leaves to the curb, even washed the car. All in all I've had a good day. Will be going to Paragould tomorrow. Haven't been there in awhile.

1day@atime 11-03-2012 12:00 AM

UGH...
I just lost my long post...
It's late, but thanks for the updates on Mel.

I too would like to do something. I know American Red Cross is an options, as this Monday Nov 5 is Day of Giving... Not sure what the news channels are doing but heard it will be all stations... Some type of fundraiser.

Waiting to see if Mel needs anything specific.

will post more tomorrow..

Shad 11-03-2012 05:07 AM

Yeah Patty and that is my problem.
If I give to the American Red Cross - and this is no reflection of the great work that they do - but it will not benefit Mel and her family both real and the extended community. They are 'safe' with odds bits of power.

happy2bme 11-03-2012 12:09 PM

Good morning ladies,

Got another email from Mel. She is very tired. They served 100 hot lunches and dinners to the seniors. She, Jen and Ritchie are doing the majority of work of course - volunteers are in short supply. She said the mayor is looking out for the folks in the building there. FEMA - the federal emergency management authority - has just arrived so they hope this will help get things in order also. They arranged for a bus to take them to a store that has groceries - too hard for Mel to manage so Jen and Ritchie are taking the trip. One of the politicians said he fears for the day when he and Mel are no longer around to look out for the seniors. She said that people have lost their homes and are starting to get panicky as the temperatures drop below freezing. There are problems with shortages of heating oil and gasoline for delivery trucks. A few people have collapsed into Mel's arms crying hysterically at the hopelessness of it all as she tries to comfort them. In addition to the building, she is also trying to get someone to address the homeless also. On the dark side she said looters are running all over and the police are stretched thin trying to deal with protecting the citizens. Scam artists too are trying to take advantage of people at their lowest point. How sad. She said her internet is sporatic so we will get our updates in bits which I told her we are grateful for any word.

Also said we'd love to do something for them but are at a loss as to how. With no access to cash machines and regular deliveries all but abandoned due to lack of people and gas, it really is pretty primative out there. I am glad that they are getting some attention from the town and are not completely left on their own. Although as you can imagine, most of this is falling on Mel to plan and execute. Told her we will pool our money and send her and Jen for a nice beach vacation in Shad's neck of the woods after this. :beach:

Nothing I have going on compares to what's happening to her. I have the weekend off which is nice - we might take a trip up north to look at generators - our house is totally dependent on electricity for water (well pump), heat and lights. I do worry what would happen if a winter storm hit. So we'll take road trip and get some info.

Annie - happy birthday to Lil Man. Sorry that the timing didn't work out with the pictures. I'd not be very happy after getting shots either. :cry:

Good luck with the move Michelle.

Shad - hope you have a relaxing shopping trip and a bit of downtime to recharge the batteries.

Ceejay - have a good trip. I'd rake up the leaves and then go jump in them :D

Laura - I agree with you with banks on every corner. That was 90 percent of the new construction down south. DH used to say that they'd build all these banks because the big churches needed someplace to store their money ;) I remember the days (when I was a kid) that there was a tavern on every corner. Up here that's how it is with all the lakes - at least 2 bars per lake shore and in some towns there isn't even a grocery store but there's at least 5 bars. :cheers:

Hi Patty, Ellen, Java :wave:

I need to go get something planned and executed before the day washes away from me. Have a good weekend chicks.

Shad 11-03-2012 05:37 PM

Morning all,
06.45 am I am awake and chatting to my sister on facebook. I think she has gone to get coffee or breakfast or both so I will make a start here.

Happy - thanks for the info on Mel. I knew she would be in the thick of it and she takes things so much to heart. I just hope she can pace herself out for the duration. I'm still trying to work out ways and means to get things to her. Carla49 emailed the other day. She is thinking that the price of things like gas and food will soar when they finally get back into the shops. It's not going to be easy to fix. And worse, they find that where the water has got in to sewerage, electricity, plumbing etc., will be worse than expected, cost more to fix than expected, and take longer than expected. Older type stuff will not have many spares for fixing, the plumbing and waste water systems will have to have complete overhauls. We went through a lot of this two years back and although the amenties have been repaired (at great cost) there is still stuff to be fixed permanently. Mostly non-government stuff where insurance companies are digging in heels and compensation is still coming and people are waiting for blame so they can dredge some money out of the government because of a perceived mistake. But I wax cynical here.
Better go get some breakfast. Back lated.

That's later. My typing is shot today.

MELODY525 11-04-2012 08:39 AM

Thanks Happy for starting the new thread.
Maybe I shouldn't post here till after this weeks new storm.passes.
Then I can have NEW BEGINNINGS!!:lol3:

:sunny: AT LEAST FOR TODAY THE SUN IS SHINING.
I WOKE UP TO FULL POWER, INTERNET AND CABLE.
WITHOUT THOSE THINGS LIFE IS SO WEIRD.
BEING COLD FOR SO MANY DAYS MAKES PEOPLE DAZED & CRAZY.
PEOPLE YOUNG & OLD WERE FALLING APART....AND SO QUICKLY.
OUR BUILDING WAS AN EMERGENCY CENTER FROM DAY ONE.
SUCH CHAOS THE FIRST DAY. WE DECIDED WE NEEDED ROUTINE.
LOTS OF PEOPLE SHOWED UP TO VOLUNTEER BUT WERE SENT TO OTHER AREAS.
I FOUND THAT COMICAL TO SAY THE LEAST.
I WON'T BORE YOU WITH DETAILS.
IT WAS JUST THE SAME OLD STORY:rofl:
ANTOINETTE(my boss) JEN AND I ARE TAKING THE DAY OFF.
I JUST CANNOT GO ONE MORE HOUR.
BESIDES 3/4 OF THE TOWN NOW HAS POWER.
YESTERDAY I FORGOT TO CHARGE ONE OF MY CHAIRS.
IT ALMOST DIED IN THE ELEVATOR WHILE HANDING OUT HOT MEALS.:faint:
I WAS LIKE WTF:tantrum:
I WASN'T LAUGHING THEN BUT I AM CRACKING UP NOW.
I WILL READ POSTS IN A FEW DAYS. JUST TOO WEARY RIGHT NOW.
PLUS I HAVE LOST MY PERSPECTIVE ON WHAT IS IMPORTANT:dizzy;
HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE WELL.
I REALLY MISSED YOU AND THOUGHT OF YOU OFTEN.
YOU BROUGHT ME STRENGTH:hug:

Shad 11-04-2012 05:54 PM

Good to hear from you Mel,
Go and get some rest. E-mails, posts and thoughts from chicks are all there and will not go away.
Hoping that life returns to normal for you very soon.

Meantime, it is Monday. My weekend was very quiet, caught up with some reading, family, friends and did very little. Did however manage to exercise - it takes 45 minutes to go round the outside of the CBD here in Darwin at a fast walk or jog. So that is what I do, early in the morning. However yesterday I went down to the gym in the building. A never to be forgotten experience. The place smelt of sweat, mostly male sweat and that really smells believe me.

Anyway, no time for personals right now. I'm off to Highway House, then back here for a meeting, then somewhere else for more meetings. Such fun. The Roosters have all gone on leave and left me in charge of the chicken coop. I apparently know everything there is to know now. Better get out there an bedazzle them with my brilliance or bewilder them with my bullsh*t. One or the other might work.

ceejay52 11-04-2012 08:40 PM

Mel
So glad to hear from you. You need some downtime for sure.

Happy
Don't blame you for wanting to look into a generator. My apartment is totally dependent on electricity too.

Shad
I fully understand about the problems with the sewer/water/electric systems. I feel for them.

I have had a good week end. I'm not wanting to go back to work.

annie175 11-05-2012 07:49 AM

Back at it Monday...another day, another dollar.

Yesterday was really nice. Curtis went over and picked dad up to come for Sissy's BD dinner. We had fried chicken, potato cakes, greenbeans, mac n cheese, and apple pie for dinner. Played 3 rounds of Euchre. We were all tired after the 2nd game, then dad announces how about the rubber match to see who the champions would be. So we did. Didn't take dad home til 7:30 last night, which is very late for him. lol

MELLIE...so happy you have power and can maybe get back to a little bit of normal. Number one is to take care of you, not everybody else. If you are tired, rest...hungry, eat...cannot afford for you to get sick...I am very sure they will all be there b*tching when you return.

SHADDIE..I could so relate to the Hokey Pokey-iness of the work site. It puts me in a bad mood when I cannot find the path to organization. Goodluck this week at the "games". lol

CHELLE...hope you got all moved in, nice and cozy in your new place. You bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan...you are WOMAN!....

CEEG...sounds like you got a burst of energy with raking leaves and washing the car and traveling. Save some strength for you. Lil man is not walking yet, still trying to catch up with the world. He is pulling up and walking around things holding on...it won't be long.

HAPPY...thanks for the update on Mellie. Hope you enjoyed your weekend off...haha...I am sure only to put time into the homestead. No rest for the weary.

PATTY...bummer, losing your post...that just erks me. Especially when you think your post has really something profound to say.

LAURA...hope your weekend was good.

ELLEN..come up for air sister!

Prayers to all....loves and hugs

diyana 11-05-2012 08:44 AM

Hi everyone -

Mellie - How are things in NJ? I hope you, Jen and Richie are doing ok. Sending much love and many prayers your way.

No time for other personals today. I hope you're all doing well.

The move went GREAT! I had 4 men and 2 women helping me (5 are former co-workers and one is a Zumba buddy). We were done in about 2.5 hours, and then I took the gang out for lunch and drinks at Buffalo Wild Wings. I went back over to the house Saturday afternoon and yesterday to continue to pack up the smaller stuff, and sometime this month or next, I'll have to get all my stuff out of the basement.

My ex spent Saturday morning down in Milwaukee taking the dogs to the groomers and going into work for a few hours. Then Saturday afternoon, he noticed my car was leaking coolant...so he spent a few hours Saturday and more time on Sunday diagnosing and fixing the problem. He let me use his SUV to take more stuff over to the new place, and I also did my laundry at the house too. He's going to take Santa for a few days this week since I have a late counseling appointment tomorrow and have to work late on Wednesday. The ex is being very accommodating, and downright nice.

He even cared enough to insist I go to the walk-in clinic on Saturday when he heard me wheezing and coughing....sure enough my sinus infection turned into a full-blown upper respiratory infection/bronchitis. I was going to wait until Sunday to go to the doc, but he reminded me that with my lungs if I delayed the antibiotics by even a day, it would just get more entrenched.

I'm accepting the fact that we had been growing apart the last few years due to poor communication on both sides. It doesn't excuse him for what he did....but I have to take responsibility for my part in this. Anyway, even though we're being nice to each other, we realize there's no chance of reconcilliation....and neither of us want that. We both realize we will have a better chance at a happier future if we're apart. I can, and will, go back to CA where my family is. It will all work out for both of us.

Since I'm not feeling that great with this upper respiratory infection and since I get weak and tired easily, I haven't unpacked much in my new place. Just the bare minimum to allow me to eat, sleep, get ready for work, and of course, care for Santa. :) Santa's acclimating well to his new home. I hope he does okay home alone today and doesnt bark all day.

I want to thank you all for your love, support and prayers. I love you all so very much.

Much love and many hugs,

happy2bme 11-05-2012 08:56 AM

Good morning ladies,

Hopefully this November day will find many of us chicks getting back to normal again.

Mel - I'm glad you got a foot and a half back into modern civilization. I can only imagine how immensely tired you must be. At first you run on sheer adrenaline but when you get a chance to stop and catch your breath, it does catch up with you. I echo Annie's sentiments not to get into overdrive and get yourself laid up with a set back. How scary that would have been if the chair gave out when you were no where near the apartment :yikes: Take care my friend, it's so good to have you with us again. :hug:

Annie - glad you had a nice family gathering for S's BD. Sounds like Dad was enjoying the evening out also. I guess enjoy the time before Lil Man finds his go to mojo - I always thought as much as you want them walking, it's a mixed blessing because once they figure it out, they are into everything :lol: It always freaked me out when they'd start toddling, I saw every corner, every piece of furniture as a huge immediate danger :yikes: and I'd wear myself out chasing after them. Has he gotten any teeth yet? Love those 2 toothed grins of theirs.

Ceejay - I think you can measure how good a weekend (or time off) was by how reluctant you are to return to work :lol: Glad you had a nice one.

Shad - you sound very very busy at work. Too bad the gym turned out to be a bummer. I can imagine that sweaty smell - so bad I had to go take a sniff or two of my orange coffee to get it out of my imagination :rofl: Yuk!!! Reminds me of the tiny gym we had on the office complex at my old job. You had to be kind of desperate to work out there. I think you are better with a walk - and 45 minutes is a good one! Sounds like each account you get to is more chaotic than the last - poor planning or just not enough people to get the job done? Most probably too many managers pontificating and not enough worker bees trying to sort out the edicts and find a path to success... Geez do I sound jaded? :tape:

Laura - guess with the time change and approaching winter, you'll be walking Coal at night now by the time you get home. Did you have a nice weekend all by yourself? Sometimes I like having the house all to myself.

Michelle - hope you got moved in all snug as a bug. Fresh start. :sunny:

Ellen - I saw an advertisement for the TV show Undercover Boss and I guess on a future show they are going to be doing a segment on the Tilted Kilt. Geez, with the "outfits" the waitresses wear - why bother wearing any clothes at all??? People don't seem to have a problem showing their goods to the world any more :no: Anyway I saw one of those restaurants when we stopped in Rockford to gas up - don't care how good the food is, would not be a place I'd be running to. :lol:

Hi Patty, Java and Carla if she is lurking around ;)

Didn't do much yesterday - some laundry, vacumning, dusting - just flitting about. Back to work today and tomorrow then off till Saturday. I made a pot of cream of broccoli soup but didn't really like how it came out. I'll eat some of it, just because I don't want to waste all the ingredients I put into it. Lost my ambition by the time it came to making the potato soup - maybe DH will try that - good because it's for him anyway :lol: Anyway I need to hop in the shower and get on with the day. Happy Monday ladies...

annie175 11-05-2012 09:24 AM

HAPPY...just have to ask...altho we don't want to work...are you enjoying your time there. It sounds like a fun little place to work or hang out. Lil man has EIGHT teeth. He is eating some people food and has moved on to the tommy tippy cup and real milk not formula anymore. Anyway have a great day at work! Hugs sister.

upswife 11-05-2012 10:22 AM

Good morning chicks, just a brief check in here. I know I am still MIA most of the time, but you are all in my heart all the time. Things are pretty much the same here, DH is having his galbladder surgery on Wednesday, so he is off this week and part of next week. I am not losing, but not gaining either, and I am noticing "some" (very small) differences in inches.

We had an HR meeting at work on Tuesday last, there are going to major changes the our Supervisor levels. I am not happy with how they handled some things, but for now I am going to keep my head down and make my sales. I am currently in the lead for our 1st place sales bonus. (most preimium pkg sold) it is a very small lead and I am up against full time people. I am so tired of coming in 2nd!! I have until Nov 15...I am hoping I can stay ahead. So, Laura if you need a water heater cive me a call, I can hook you up!! ROFL

The kids are all entrenched in school, DS and DD1 both are doing well, but DD3 seems to have developed a problem we have Parent teaher conf in 2 weeks, I will talk to her teacher and possibly the school counselor.

I gotta get moving...Lug and hugs ladies!!

Laura705 11-05-2012 10:55 AM

Morning all.

Annie - Sounds like a nice bday celebration you had for S. So your dad's quite the competitor? :D

Happy - Sorry the broccoli soup didn't turn out to your liking. I hate putting effort into a recipe and not having it turn out tasty. I usually only walk Coal on the weekends, and bf walks him during the week. We'll both be walking him during daylight hours, so it's a bit earlier than during the longer days. Rather awkward to have to bring a flashlight and pick up after the dog in the dark!!

Michelle - I'm glad the move went well, but so sorry you've got a respiratory infection. I'm glad you got to the doc quickly, because those seem to really hit you hard. :getwell: Take care!

Ceejay - Glad you had a good weekend. Work = necessary evil :shrug:

Shad - A walk outdoors sounds much nicer than being in the stinky exercise room. :yes: So, did you bedazzle or bewilder?? More importantly - did one or the other work for you? :D

Mel - I'm so glad you're back on power in the building. Must have been scary hoping your chairs wouldn't lose their charge before electricity became available. I hope you've given yourself a good rest - being sick right now would be a horrible thing. You can't do anyone else any good if you're sick! Please, please let us know if you think of some way we can help from afar!!

Hellos to Patty, Ellen and Mary!
==
My weekend was fine, very uneventful. Okay, sort of dull. I walked home from the train Friday and then took doggy for a long walk around the neighborhood. I watched some holiday movie on the Hallmark channel and ended up falling asleep on the sofa after I'd eaten my dinner.

Bf got home early Saturday - around mid-morning. The sleeping arrangements were not good for him at his friend's place and he just decided to head home after a late night and a couple hours of non-sleep. I made us egg sandwiches (poached egg on English muffin with cheese and Canadian bacon - sound familiar?) and after that bf went to bed. I went out to run some errands, including a visit to the resale shop. They've got all the holiday items out - very cute. I saw a pretty ornament that I considered for the book club's ornament exchange, but I think I prefer to look for something cute or humorous instead.

Didn't do much the rest of the day except another long dogwalk - this time by the creek.

Sunday was a lazy morning with tea, toast, and newspaper, then we watched the football game & had lunch. I did some laundry and took doggy for yet another long walk. (He can handle longer walks in this cooler weather, and I get more exercise too!) Poor guy, his internal clock was not reset along with the rest of the nation, so of course he expected his walk and his dinner earlier. It was a nice thing he also went to sleep earlier too because he was kind of fussy all day.

Well, another workweek begins. I didn't do any exercise classes last week, so I need to do some this week for sure. I've already responded that I'm skipping the movie night this week - that leaves another night available for a class. Tonight I might do the boring step class, though it'll probably be challenging for me since I haven't been doing any cardio to speak of lately.

Okay, enough rambling :blah::blah: Back to work!

Laura705 11-05-2012 11:29 AM

Hi Ellen! You snuck in on me while I was rambling away! Good luck in the sales contest - do you have different targets because you're part time? Our hot water heater is doing okay right now (knock on wood), but we might be ready to begin some research about how it can be vented differently. We have a high efficiency furnace that was installed a while ago that vents through a pvc pipe out the side of the house. Our old furnace chimney is still in place and is now only used to vent the hot water heater. Can the newer hot water heaters be vented via pvc pipe? I wouldn't mind removing or capping off the old furnace chimney because it has been recommended that we make repairs to the masonry/flashing part that is outside the house.

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure...

Not gaining is a good thing! Inches lost is a good thing too...I think. I've lost a lot of muscle from not exercising and I think that's part of the reason my clothes are fitting more loosely now.

I hope you get dd's school issues under control before they become more of a problem!

Good luck to DH with his surgery, and may he have a speedy recovery!!

annie175 11-05-2012 07:55 PM

Nanna, Lil Man and Sassy

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday after Samantha's birthday dinner!

happy2bme 11-05-2012 09:01 PM

OMG Annie - what an adorable little face - awwwwww - he's really a little cutie. No wonder you are so in love with him :hug:

Laura - we picked up some egg rings this weekend and DH made a fried egg sandwich on an English muffin. (He doesn't like poached eggs). It was quite tasty - especially with a bit of the cherry amaretto jam I got at one of the local craft fairs. I had a bit of a laugh imagining you with a flashlight looking for Coal's business when walking him at night. You are a good person. We lived on a corner and people would often walk their dogs at night so they DIDN'T have to pick up after them :mad: Did you have a good visit with your Mom?

Ellen - didn't know you were in the waterheater business. My sister's went out a few weeks ago. They paid to get it repaired (we all thought that was a mistake) and sure enough, the repair didn't stick and they wound up forking over big bucks to replace the thing anyway. Could have sent her your way but it's a done deal now :( I hope DH is able to do laproscopic gall bladder removal - the recovery is so much easier for that one. Warn him that he might get some acid reflux after the surgery, guess it's a common post surgical pain in the buttinsky thing. ;) :crossed: sure hope you come in first in sales and win the prize - if you are that close to first and you are part time you must be working your keester off and you deserve it.

Michelle - glad your move went well and you were able to rustle up some helpers. Take care of yourself and don't be getting sick now. :hug:

Annie - to answer your question about work, I have mixed feelings. I realized I am a people person and the thing I truly enjoy about the job is the banter we get with customers. However, I have noticed a distinct change over the last few weeks - we don't carry the full on suite of flavors because there isn't that much selling and it's a waste to toss it out so we tend to stick the most popular ones. While the shelves are not bare by any means, people come in, look at the reduced stock and assume it's all old. (We have expiration dates on all packages). We also seem to be getting far more of the people who are fussy and cranky or who come in, take some samples and they walk out without buying anything. So the people aspect is not so much fun this time of year. The worst part is standing on my feet non-stop and no amount of cushy socks or springy shoes will help that. I work 2 days and then on my day off my feet are sore so I don't get as much done as I'd like to. I looked at the boxes in the garage today and felt a pang of guilt that I have not gotten to them like I promised - I swear I don't know where the year ran off too! And on the positive side it's nice to have a few extra bucks in my pocket. But I'm making about what I was taking for a weekly allowance before so I guess since I'm not taking it out of the household fund that is considered a savings. So I like getting out of the house (and I think it's good for DH and I to have some time apart) but I am torn feeling that I should be doing more here at home. With the holidays coming I would like to decorate the house more than I did last year - but first I have to find all the Christmas stuff scattered among 2 garages and a basement :lol: Anyway, I guess it's like you working at CVS - has it's good points and bad, guess there's no escaping that no matter where you are.

And I need to find some relaxing shoes other than these Crocs which I think are charging up more static electricity in my body than a nuclear power plant. It's that time of year when I walk around getting zapped constantly. DH came over to kiss me good night and the spark that flew between our chests as we approached about knocked his heart out of a.fib :flame:

annie175 11-06-2012 08:16 AM

OMG HAPPY, just about spit my coffee out reading about the spark between you and DH. Are you sure he wasn't after something rather than a kiss. hahahahaha..roflmao. I feel your feet hurting. I would go from heals during the day to flats at CVS at night and then would have cramps, charlie horses, whatever in my calves, arches and toes during the night. God bless your feet and tootsies...

ELLEN...good luck on your sales challenge. I do hope you win. Got my fingers crossed for you sister.

LAURA...Your weekend sounds like it was very peaceful and relaxing. I need one of those SOON.

CHELLE...glad your move went well and you had some great help. Take care of you first. Hugs to you, my friend.

Got my vote in this morning at 6:30 am before work. That is done. We are having a blood drive at work today, hopefully I have taken enough iron in the past week to be able to give. My body just does not absorb it well. We shall see.

Left over birthday food for dinner last night. Was quite nice not having to put too much effort into cooking. Zap zap in the nuker, dinner!

May go to work with C on Saturday to see if that will help speed along his day. This going in at 4am and coming home at 7pm on Saturdays sucks. I think for the first time going it will be fun, after that it will be a job. haha

Hello to all the girls...

Love and hugs

happy2bme 11-06-2012 08:16 AM

Good morning ladies,

It's snowing out there. I noticed we always seem to have wet weather during an important election. The stupid political ads on here are interfering with my typing and I have to get out early and go vote before work so it will have to be a short post right now.

Have a good day and don't forget to vote! (For the right guy). :D

annie175 11-06-2012 08:35 AM

I am with you Happy...I am SICK of the political ads and they are all so negative. Blah...

ceejay52 11-06-2012 09:05 AM

Morning

Annie
What a cutie! He's getting so big.

Happy
I'm with you on the politcal ad's on this sight and on t.v. I voted early so that chore is over with. I knew I had to work today even though they are good to let me go vote when needed.

Laura
Sounds like you had a good week end.

Shad
How are things going?

Nothing new for me this morning, just another work day.

diyana 11-06-2012 09:10 AM

Arrrgh!! I just need to vent. My frig doesn't keep food cold enough. I bought a frig thermometer and it only gets down to 48 degrees. :(

I contacted my landlord and she said they don't include appliances...they're just available to use, but if something happens, I'm responsible for the repair/replacement. :censored: $400 for the cheapest frig at Menards or Home Depot. There are cheaper ones on Craigslist, but they don't include delivery.

It ticks me off because I'll only be living there 6-9 months, and I'd rather not buy a frig. :tantrum:

annie175 11-06-2012 10:04 AM

Chelle...Can you make due with that frige till you move? Or just by a very small (college dorm) size fridge for the main things that need to be so cold.

Wehaa, my iron level was perfect to give. Altho just made it. It has to be at least 12.5 and mine was 12.5.

So I have voted and given blood today! My duty is done here. haha

Laura705 11-06-2012 10:31 AM

Morning all.

Michelle - That stinks about the fridge not being cold enough. Sort of unusual that the lease doesn't include that. What a PITA!

Annie - Awww, cute photo. :) Lil guy is getting big!

Ceejay - It'll be good that the political ads are done now. The negativity drives me nuts.

Happy - Brrr, snow! Sorry your feet get so sore when you're on them at work. I haven't done that kind of work since my college years and I remember my legs being tired and always putting them up after work, but not my feet. I suppose my extra weight would make a big difference if I were to do that now! I'm sure my legs, feet and back would be hurting if I were standing like you do now.

Re dog-walking at night - the bf and I have speculated that people who walk their dogs at night probably don't pick up after them. We always brings bags and make every effort, day or night. Not always easy when there's leaves on the ground, lol! My visit with my mother was good. She feels bad that there's not much to do around there, but it doesn't bother me. We kept busy enough - went to a "Pets and Pumpkins" festival, the Botanical Center, and the Art Museum. She's doing fine - still gets around the house just fine and manages to get where she needs to go in the car. She's not a confident driver, so she pretty much keeps to the areas she knows. Probably for the best, even though it was sometimes frustrating during my visit.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies! Hope your week is going well. :) :) :)
--
I got out and voted this morning. I wanted to do electronic voting, but switched to a paper ballot to save myself the wait. I made my usual (lately) train and now I don't have to worry about doing it after work.

Didn't exercise last night. Nothing planned tonight. I really should exercise tonight. I'm being such a sloth!

Okay, better get this posted. I have something that I need to finish this morning and I'm anxious to get it over and done with. Then I have lunch with a work buddy today. :)

Shad 11-06-2012 07:57 PM

Morning all,
Short today as I have a load of work on again. I now have a car to get myself around and pool it with some of the others. So now I am armed and dangerous as far as the roads go. Still I didn't manage to get lost on the way out here so I guess all is good.

Another hot and sticky day. Guess this is it for the next couple of months. Roll on winter.

I hear some of you have snow. Well good luck with that. Getting earlier and earlier.

Gotta go. Another meeting comes my way. I do wish they would just make a firm decision

annie175 11-07-2012 07:58 AM

Good Morning...

Well another 4 years of O'Bama. I really feel that no matter who was elected, all have a lot of cleaning up from the last 4 years. Hopefully he has truly listened to the people as his vistory speech suggested. God Bless the USA!

Last night was dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Was a little dissappointed. My steak wasn't done and the bloomin onion was undercooked and crunchy with too done breading. We sent that back and had it taken off of our bill. Needless to say I ate the grilled lobster tail just fine..lol. Brought my steak and entire baked potato home for lunch today. Will nuke the steak to my likings for lunch. Watched a bit of the election returns and hit the sack. C is going fishing with his deranged brother today. Told him not to bring any fish home tonight as we have about 5 or 6 meals worth frozen from the last two fishing trips.

Sassy has her final Vet and shots appt later this afternoon. Then she will be good till next year. This trip might be expensive as I will have to purchase the heartworm meds also. (so far they have been giving me samples every month) She is so dang cute and believe it or not pretty smart...gets that from me...hahaha. And boy, she loves her momma...

SHADDIE...hopefully some kind of organization and direction will come before the end of the project. Yikes..have car..will travel. Hope the AC works great with all that heat.

Hello to all the worldlie sisters, have a marvelous hump day!

Loves and hugs

diyana 11-07-2012 08:44 AM

Crazy busy day ahead for me. I've got to get caught up on about 1/2 dozen projects....and due to a department-wide review for a major website launch we have coming up, I'll be working 'till at least 8:30 tonight. :faint: Luckily, the ex has Santa last night and tonight so I don't have to worry about him being home alone for that long.

Got a call from my doc yesterday about my blood tests. My LDL Cholesterol was a bit high, and my fasting blood sugar and HA1C were both REALLY elevated - in the range for Diabetes. So she's switching my cholesterol med and putting me on MetFormin for blood sugar. :( Hopefully the refrig repairman can come out tomorrow afternoon so I can have a working frig.

I'm also going to get back to exercising, and I'm also going to move my Wii Fit over from the house to the new place this weekend. I've been taking the stairs at work, and Santa and I have a good walking route that's approximately 1.5 miles.

I hope y'all are doing well.

Much love and many hugs,

ceejay52 11-07-2012 09:27 AM

Annie
I agree with you statement concerning the election.

Michelle
I'll have my test ran again in January. Hope they improve from the last time for cholesterol.

-----
At least the election is over.
My neighbor called around 6 a.m. this morning. Tried to call her back but she didn't answer. Wish she wouldnt do that as I have a very short time period to get ready for work in the morning.
I'm ready for my week end.

Laura705 11-07-2012 10:35 AM

Morning all.

Shad - So you're not at the mercy of public transportation anymore - hope that makes your time in Darwin better.

Annie - Sorry the Outback meal was disappointing. Seems like whenever we have steak at a restaurant, bf ends up saying we'd do better just getting the good steaks from our butcher and grilling them, especially if the restaurant meal was expensive! Yay for the last of the vet visits for a while. Coal just got the works at the vet yesterday and it wasn't even an annual visit - adequan shot, blood test, nail trim, and gland cleanout. And he had to be sedated in advance for it, poor guy!

Michelle - What a long day you'll have! :faint: Good that Santa will not be alone all that time. Great job working in the exercise to your day. :) I'm walking to the train in the mornings now, so I get more physical activity too.

Ceejay - The "morning rush" is not a good time to phone!! I'm so ready for the weekend and here it is only mid-week. At least your weekend comes sooner. :)

Hellos to the rest of you! :wave:
==
In a blah mood today. It was rainy yesterday and still cloudy at the moment. I hope it clears up a bit. I miss the sun. I haven't been going out at lunchtime for a while now, but it's dark when I leave work, so I probably need to get out at lunch to get some sun/Vit. D. :sunny: :cool:

I went to a Tighter Assets class last night and got my a$$ kicked. Lots of squats, including one-legged squats. I'm already getting sore - later today should be fun.

At lunchtime today I might pop over to the Art Institute for an "express talk" about one of the paintings on exhibit. I treated myself to a membership there recently, figuring I could get over there at lunchtime or after work (it's about 6 blocks away from the office).

Happy Hump Day!
:cheers:

Shad 11-07-2012 05:00 PM

Morning all,

I have no idea what they read in my cv before they employed me up here, but it certainly wasn't what I wrote in it. I am a trainer/ documenter support person with some business analysis skills. I do not do configuration or system development. There is nowhere in my cv that mentions config or system development. I think they skipped that bit.

Laura - as you can see I have your blah mood and multiplied it by 3.

Ceejay - 6.00am calls by neighbours should be banned unless they are an emergency and the neighbour can't actually get to your door.

Michelle - not surprised your body is somewhat out of whack. Stress inevitably takes it's toll somewhere along the line. As far as the fridge goes, I would suggest that it is third hand from the family somewhere along the line and they don't want to pay to dump it. Shift it out the back and get a small fridge for the time being. Sell it when you leave.

Annie - don't usually like to talk politics but I think in case you made the right choice. The GFC wasn't solely Obama's fault, it was caused by your stupid taxation laws and greed in corporations. It's been coming for years and the amount of expenditure on defence and foreign wars has added to the troubles. The rest of the world is suffering from that as well. The world should really be run by women.

Okay - better go see what is what in the chicken coop for the day.