Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY....no worries on payment for seasoning....my gift to you lovie!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #137  

Morning all.

Mel - Hope you have a good shopping trip today and that the shelves were well-stocked for you!!

Happy - Good that your mom will have a traveling nurse to visit and that she's switched doctors. Fortunate that a good looking doc happened along to help persuade the change, lol. I'd love to get together for dinner after work while you're here - so cool that I get to meet another of the Worldlies!! As of now, the only weeknight that doesn't work for me is Oct. 3, and since you leave the next day I imagine that wouldn't be a good day for you either. Perhaps there's an opportunity to get together on a weekend, though I don't know the south side at all and your description of it as the ghetto is offputting - surely you exaggerate (sp?) a bit? What neighborhood does your mother live in? Hope your 4 days at work go well and are not so tiring - hopefully it's slowed down a bit.

Annie - The stroganoff recipe sounds delish & easy - bf loves stroganoff, so I copied and pasted it into an e-mail to him just now. Yum. So darn cute that C cut the lawn shorter just for little Sassy!! If I were him I would have just said that the final lawn mowings of the season can be shorter...

Michelle - You've been up since midnight???!!! Gawd, how are you going to get through the day?! Here's something you'll need: And make sure you get some fresh air during the day, and try to eat something too!! So glad you have tomorrow off work - I sure hope you can get some sleep. Please consider taking that nyquilzzzzzz stuff! I hope hubby decides to go to the session with you - this will show his willingness to work on the marriage (or sadly, maybe not). There are all kinds of things in life that need to be done no matter how difficult or unpleasant, so I don't think counseling is too much to ask. If you feel strongly about it, don't accept a no.

Hellos to Ceejay, Ellen, Patty & Java. And here's some news - saw on facebook that our Mary has gotten herself hitched! Miss Java Turtle or I guess now it's Mrs. ??? - if you see this (and you may not if you are off honeymooning at this moment ) - let me offer a big congrats to you and dh.

===
We had an all-employee meeting yesterday at which they announced a new wellness initiative. They are offering a free comprehensive health evaluation, i.e., including blood chem panel, and as an incentive, they will pay us if we commit to completing the evaluation this year and next year. Also applies to spouses/domestic partners that are part of the co. health plans. That's something bf and I do anyway, so sure, I'll take the $$$ for it. I have a followup w/ my primary physician after work re my bp, so I'll tell her about that and hopefully she can receive a copy of the results from the lab that our company has contracted with to do the evals.

Nothing much else to report from my corner of the world. Tonight or tomorrow morning I have to pack a bag for my weekend away, and then tomorrow morning I'll take the train to meet my friend and we'll drive up to the Dells. Definitely have to bring some warmer clothing since it's gonna be cooler the next few days.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-13-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #138  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Java Turtle!!!

Laura - Both my former and current companies had health evals and healthy living initiatives that resulted in reduced medical insurance premiums. Good stuff. have a wonderful time in the Dells.

I haven't been up the whole time since midnight. I did sleep for an hour or two before having to get up for work. And when I was up at midnight, I put a roast in the crock pot so it was done by the time I got up for work. This way the hubby can have roast beef sandwiches for dinner tonight.

I can't even begin to tell you how scared I am. When I woke up at midnight, I was thinking that maybe spending the entire week with her has confirmed that he loves her. I cannot afford to live in the house by myself, nor can I afford to buy him out. And it needs a lot of work before it is sellable. I suppose SHE could afford to give him the money to buy me out of the house. I'm really trying to stay positive, but I'm just not feeling very optimistic because while he says we need to talk (DUH. Really?) , I asked him if he thinks we can work it out....and he said nothing. I asked him if he hopes we can work it out, and he said, I don't want to talk about this on the phone (he was driving in traffic).

I'm really freaked out. I just don't know how I'm going to get through today leading up to when I see him....much less this weekend when he will probably drop the bomb on me. I'm so over this pain. I'm not strong enough. Annie, I know what you keep telling me...that I am strong enough. But I'm just not feelin' it.

Love y'all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #139  

Aww, Michelle, I'm so sorry you've had to be in this limbo for so long and have had nothing to do but think about this over and over. I know it's hard, but don't jump ahead to the future challenges, just take one thing at a time. And you are strong enough - you've had so much adversity just this year with your job loss and dealing with your back and your husband's illness. You can certainly handle this, just don't try and have it all worked out immediately. And you're not alone, so seek out the support you need!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #140  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE>..we are what we project. YOU are stong, you can handle it, you will do it. I did it with two kids in tow and not a lick of self esteem because I LET HIM steal it from me. Be bigger than he is...all this heart ache better be worth it.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I like that advice.

Michelle
I second the advice that Annie offered.

Laura
Thank you for keeping us informed about Mrs. Java. Hope you and Happy can meet.

Happy
I have a friend since grade school like that. We may not talk for years but it's like we've never grown apart. I need to call her this afternoon as she is the one who has had the colon surgery for cancer.

Mel
How are things going with you?

Shad
Have you slowed down on you projects?

----
Think the guys yesterday wasn't sure about a water leak or not but I saw them around 10.30 coming from the direction of the leak with a back hoe. My friends and I celebrated another birthday today.

I think dealing with the elevated tank yesterday has given me a headache. I took a couple of equate migraine's tablets just in case. But I'm going to lay down in a dark room just in case.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #142  
Creating a Healthier Me

I so appreciate all your wonderful support, encouragement and love. In just a few hours, I'll be seeing him again, please pray for us.

Ceejay - I hope the migraine eases up soon. Migraines suck.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #143  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Up early this morning and will get cracking on the garden very shortly. I have started on another project on the other side of the driveway and will get on with that soon. No doubt photos will appear at some time. This is part of that wall that the DS2 built for me some time back. He put stones and pebbles between the wall and the drive but didn't dig out the soil far enough and didn't put down weedmat so it needs to be redone. After that I will be connecting up a water sprinking system to go in that part of the garden and we can have some more soil in there and plant my azaleas which are currently suffering in pots.
I also seem to have scored a new job. My old mate Mick from WBS rang me sometime back muttering about Northern Territory Government and Darwin. I said to send in my CV. As with all Governments things work slowly and yesterday they rang me for an interview. I made it through the interview and lo & behold WBS rang me not three hours after the interview and told me the job was mine. So we now jump through the hoops to sign, seal and deliver contracts. I think I am due to start on 1st October.

Michelle - here's hoping things go the way that you want them today. I echo Annies words. You are stronger than you think. You do not want to be a doormat for someone who thinks you are only around to help pay mortgages and food bills and medical benefits. You have the right to live a life that is free and fair and respectful. And if the worst comes to the worst, you can live an independent life on your own. You have the power.

Annie - love Stroganoff and make it quite often here. Might even get to make some this weekend coming now that you have put the idea in my head.

Ceejay - hope the headache has gone away and you are feeling better today.

Turtle - is that right? You have gotten married? Congratulations

Laura - Seem to remember Michelle talking about those wellness centres. Sounds like a good idea. Hope you have a great weekend away. No idea where the Dells might be. I should go take a look on Google.

Ellen - must be rushing from one activity to another again.

Happy - Here's hoping that your mom continues to improve and comes home soon. I hope you have a good trip to see her and that you can ram some sense into her head for living conditions. I remember the fuss that my mum put up when she had to go to a home, but yours are a completely different set of circumstances than those.

Mel - gone shopping I guess. I hope you find a nice bloke stuck up on one of the shelves that you can purchase and order around. Preferably one with a trade.

Think that is everyone - I'm sure someone will tell me if I have missed them. I'd better get out on the job and see if I can get a bit done before it gets too warm. Happy, I will look out for the parcel and send it on. One of these days you will get an email from the DS1 saying thanks. Do not hold your breath as he is still juggling night feeds and jobs, housework and dogwork. I haven't had any new pictures since I came home - a fact that I made comment on since I got back. Anyway, now I will have to ring him again and let him know I will be living directly north of him in the near future. There will be 3000km between us instead of the 2500km there is now. Put like that, it is a big country. Okay, gotta get on with the day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - The Wisconsin Dells is sort of in the central part of the state. It's about 1.5 to 2 hours west of where I live, and several hours south of Happy. If you can look past all the touristy things (waterparks, amusement parks, etc.), you'll see some gorgeous scenery.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #145  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WHAT A GREAT DAY I HAD.
SHOPPING WITH JEN.
LUNCH AND A WALK WITH MY FRIEND.
DINNER WITH THE KIDS.
TOMORROW I'LL SEE THE OLD GENT FROM INDIA WHO VISITS EACH YEAR.
SO NOT BAD FOR 2 DAYS.....AND LOVELY WEATHER TOO.
I AM REALLY TIED AND READY FOR TV & MY BED.
HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY.

TOMORROW I NEED TO WORK A BIT CAUSE THE BOSS IS OFF MONDAY.
MAKES NO SENSE I AM SURE BUT IT DOES TO ME. LOL
SO HAPPY FRIDAY!!! SEE YOU SATURDAY.

ANNIE...THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE BASIL SPICE THINGY.
SO WE SAVED THE RECIPE FOR WHEN THEY GET THEM IN OR WE GO TO ANOTHER STORE.
I REALLY NEED YOU TO BE MY CHEF.
PLEASE GOD LET ME WIN THE LOTTERY.
WE'LL EVEN MOVE OUT BY YOU CAUSE YOU NEED TO SEE JAKE!! ROFLMAO

HAPPY....TAKE OUR LOVE & GOOD THOUGHTS WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO TO MOMS.
PRAYING IT WILL ALL BE OK SO SHE CAN GO HOME.
WILL YOPU BOTH BE AT YOUR SISTERS THEN??
SENDING A HUG FOR BOTH OF YOU....AND SIS
VISIT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN....LIFE IS TOO SHORT

LAURA....SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL WITH THE WELLNESS THING.
HOPE YOUR DOC CAN GET THE RESULTS EASILY...OR YOU.
SHELVES IN THE STORE WERE FULLY STOCKED!
I HAVE A FULL, FRIDGE AND CLOSET
HAVE A GREAT VISIT WITH THE FRIEND.
SPOMEHOW I MISSED ALL THIS
BUT THEN MY HEAD FEELS LIKE IT'S SCREWED ON BACKWARDS LATELY!!!:dizzy;

CEEJAY....HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD BD CELEBRATION
GREAT TO HAVE SOME FUN TIMES!!!
SOMETIMES I WONDER IF YOUR SINUS & HEAD ARE BEING BOTHERED BY ALL THE FRASSING CHEMICALS YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY!!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

MICHELLE....GIVE THE COUNSELOR TIME
YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A NEW ONE/. IT'S NEVER CARVED IN STONE.
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND
I WISH I COULD SAY SOMETHING BETTER BUT JUST LISTEN WITH YOUR MIND & HEART.
SORRY THIS IS DRAGGIN OUT FOR SO LONG

SHAD......I AM GLAD THAT YOU AND MICK HAVE EACH OTHER.
THE WORLD LACKS GOOD FRIENDS NOW.
HOPE THE JO0BS WORK OUT AND YOU FIND ONE THAT PAYS GOOD & DOESN'T TRY TO KILL YOU!!!!
THE NEW JOB AT HOME SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER CARDIO JOB!!! LOL
I BET YOUR GARDEN IS GLAD YOU'RE HOME....NOT JUST MISS PUSS!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-13-2012 at 06:28 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #146  
Annie - Indiana

Good Evening Girlies.....

Well, lil Sassy is completely worn out. Sissy had her outside while she did yard work...about 2 1/2 hours. Sis couldn't see her so she yelled Sassy, lo and behold she raised her head and then went back to passing out under the weeping willow tree. I got home a little early. Sas has been passed out in her kitty bed since 5 pm. It is 7:30 now, hope that doesn't mean she will be up all night.

Dinner tonight was zucchini casserole. One casserole was a complete meal. Zucchini, bacon, tomatos, cheese, herbs and spices. C loved it and ate two helpings. Now he is out fishing on the pond with the neighbor. I love that as it gives me "ME TIME". lol.

CHELLE....I swear girl, do not make all the concessions, he needs to be considerate and respectful of YOU. Do not deduce your importance. Giving all the effort just makes him expect more from you to make him happy and then he is less respectful of you. My God girl, have some respect for yourself. I just want to hold your hand through all of this and be in the discussions, cause I just know what kind of sh*t he will be feeding you...I am sorry to be so blunt and forward, but really I have been there and see all the red flags. You NEED to have faith in YOURSELF...you can survive no matter what!!

SHADWICK....October 1st on the work...that gives you a couple of weeks to get things done. Seem like perfect timing IMO. By the time C and I get there your place will be even more splendid.

MELLIE...what a wonderful day you had...as with HAPPY, I will send you some to the spices they neglect to have on hand for you. I am telling you the recipe is well worth it. I plan on getting to the grocery this weekend to get everyone who requests it.

CEEG..WTF...do they not believe you when you tell them there is a leak...Really, I think by now you know what you are talking about..

Hello to all the worldlies...

Love and hugs...
Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #147  

Hello Ladies,

Where does the time go? I always have good intentions on coming on-line here but then i go water, or laundry or work...

Mitchelle - I've been keeping up with you girl and I am so sorry. I agree with all the girls here... You are a strong women, and deserve all the love and respect... I pray he comes to his senses & realizes what he he has in you.
Hugs, to you... and remember you are LOVED by all of us..

Great picture of you ladies, sounds like you all had a great time..

I might be going to Chicago, in Oct.. (hint, hint) for work.. I should know in the next week..I think i'd be staying at Shumberg? does that sound right..

I will post more, but just wanted to pop in and say hello.. Traveling tomorrow morning, so i have to get up really early...
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #148  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

It's Schaumburg Patty. Home of Woodfield Mall. Used to live near there once upon a time.

Michelle - I just saw your FB post. I am very very sorry and there is alot I'd say but it is not my place. I can only tell you that last year I went through the wringer - emotionally, financially, and physically. I thought I'd lose it for sure. And I had to go through that place to come out on the other side - a MUCH better place than I left. And while it hasn't been easy, we did it. I say this because as this point you might be feeling the crumpled pile of sadness, anger, stress and worry. But you will rise from this. Seems to me you have been the support for a long, long, long time. Stick the bass-turd is all I will say for the moment. Besides I am sorry you are going through this. Just remember that you are NOT alone. Take EVERY resource you can to take care of you. Please.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #149  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

And Michelle - get a good lawyer even if you have to borrow some money. DO NOT let him stiff you.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #150  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE...my heart is breaking for you sweet sister. Just know you will be ok no matter what, and please come here for support. You have my phone number DO NOT HESITATE to call me. You are loved.