Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #31  

Morning all. Happy Tuesday!

Michelle - Yes, definitely still on for Saturday - sooo looking forward to it. I'll PM you my address. Glad you and DH are working through your issues.

Annie - Glad Sassy is doing well. I'm not surprised at all the nicknames - we have dozens for Coal. Mmmm, ribs. It'll have to cool off a bit before I let bf have my oven going for 3 hours though... kinda wish I had a 2nd oven in the basement sometimes. So cute that C. let A. dress him up...any photos??

Happy - If the owners gave you a key, they must really trust and like you. Good job! Hope you adjust to the standing part of the job. Even back in my youth when I was perfectly healthy/in decent shape, I had standing jobs and my back would get sore after being on my feet for hours. Same thing now, and I try to keep my abs sucked in to support my back, but still... moving around vs. just standing is a big help. Mmm, popcorn and frozen yogurt. Sounds good, but I'm sure you'll develop some immunity to that. Oh, I did check out the artwork on our big monitor - she's got some nice stuff, just beautiful.

Ceejay - Glad your day was quiet. Hope the headache went away, hate those, especially migraines. Worried I forgot to take some excedrin migraine tabs today (TOM week started today), but I see I have a couple in my pillbox in my purse. Whew!

Ellen - Busy weekend for you. Glad you rested part of Monday, and it's nice you all went for a trail walk together. Yeh, we didn't get much rain on the weekend, but apparently it rained (and some thunder too) overnight last night by us - I was sleeping like a log and didn't hear a thing - and we got some good moisture out of it. I didn't get too far into the paper since I was doing housework a good part of the weekend. Sometimes like Annie, I just sort through the sale flyers and don't get much further.

Mel - Glad yesterday was quiet for you. Very nice of the cops to be concerned for you. Have a great restful day recovering from your weekend!!!

Java - I see you found us. Lurk away!!

Patty - Pop in for a visit okay?
===
Nuttin' much to report. Watched the dvd "Water for Elephants" yesterday morning. It was a book club book and I never did see the movie when it was in the theaters. It was good enough, but very sad in certain parts with the animals. Also watched an older movie "The Weatherman" with Nicholas Cage and Michael Caine. Ugh. Slow-paced, and it just never came together into a satisfying story. Told bf to not bother with it.

Haven't bought any new class passes yet, not sure what I'm doing yet. Spinning is growing on me, but I'm only willing to do a certain number of classes a week, and I think I'd be better off with a class that works both upper and lower body. Also thinking of taking a yogalates class (yoga+pilates) offered by the school district.

Not sure if I'm going to the movies tonight. I didn't vote, but the final selection is "Premium Rush". It sounds like something bf might also like, so I might go with him instead, but probably not tonight.

Okay, just babbling, so I'll get this posted and be off.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #32  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - Thanks for the review of Water for Elephants. I haven't seen the movie or read the book...but I find R. Pattinson kinda easy on the eyes...does that sound gross since I'm old enough to be his mum? Ugh. Anyway, thanks for the warning about being very sad in certain parts with the animals. I don't deal well with those movies...which is why I've never seen and will never see Marley and Me. Can't wait for Saturday!! BTW, not sure what time we said we'd meet, but I have a class starting that day that gets out at 11, with a quick stop at home to give Mischief her meds, I should be there by around 1:00 or 1:30 (traffic permitting of course). At least I have an I-Pass so I only have to slow down (rather than stop) at tolls.

Last edited by diyana; 09-04-2012 at 12:52 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #33  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Awake early again today so I thought that I would get on with life as it is at the moment from an early start. Then I came in here and just know I put in a post yesterday but can't find it anywhere. So maybe it was only in my dreams. So I am sorry but all those witty comment have been knicked by the ethermonster.

Yesterday I spent using power tools - circular saw and angle grinder and cut some sleepers to fit below the fence so the roots from next doors golden cane palms and duranta bush will not take over my patch again. DS2 was not happy about me with the saw. I had to make regular updates to assure him my hair was not frizzy or I had not electrocuted myself by cutting through the power cord. Apparently I am not old enough yet to understand the magical powers of electricity and the need for care. But then again, I hear some of my own words coming back at me from the last three decades so maybe he did listen to me occasionally back then.

Michelle - good to hear that you are keeping the communication going. I hope this continues for you both. Marriage is indeed a tricky business. I know I found the 'togetherness' very trying for long periods of time. I remember saying 'we are not joined physically at the hip, only in writing on paper'. I needed some independence. Well now I have complete independence. It is not always what it is cracked up to be, but I wouldn't change my life - although one should never say never I guess.

Happy - survived day 1. Always a bonus. Hope you only get to do a couple of days a week. It is nice to have income, but not be slave to the job.

Ceejay - hope the head is better.

Annie - poor lil Sassy. Bet she had a guilty look on her face when you got back to the room.

Laura - Hope you decide on exercise classes soon. The yoga-lates sounds a bit like the body balance I used to do. They no longer do it in any of the gyms close to me, guess Les Mills (creator and distributor of the classes licences) got too greedy and charged too much, so they got cancelled. Once this project is over I will look at going back to gym to use up my pass at least.

Ellen - sounds expensive. It is expensive but just because I don't have a 'proper' medical insurance doesn't mean the money isn't there. Years ago I set up a term investment called my medical fund because I could not see the point in paying a company all that money per year and not get the use out of it. Now I will be using the interest gained on that money to pay for the tooth. Not exactly a free tooth, but it's the first time in a long time I have had to draw money out of the medical fund. Sure it is a gamble not having insurance but as my accountant agreed, our health system is very good and if I get sick with any disease I just go right in anyway, and if I am sick or in a car accident, I get the same treatment regardless of whether I have insurance or not. Our system is so different to yours.

Mel - what day are we at now. Oh yes Wednesday. I will set a date for my Saturday morning and your Friday arvo. The Mid Western chicks will be meeting that weekend as well so we will need to set the world to rights before they go haring off and doing our job for us.

Right time to go and get with the day. Dawn has moved from cold gray to pearly opalescence and the sun will be here any minute now. No drawn out - do I have to - oh okay then I will get up - sun here. It's dark, then light, then the sun comes up and the day heats up. Supposed to get to 29 on Friday and we are only in Spring. Going to be a long hot summer I think.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #34  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS

TALKED A LOT WITH JEN.
THE FOOT & BACK ARE SO SO.
CN'T TURN THEM THE WRONG WAY YET.
NOTHING ELSE NEW TO REPORT.
TOMORROW IS TJ'S SHOPPING
HOPING THE "RAINS OF RANCHIPUR" STOP SO I CAN GO.
BTW...THAT WAS A GREAT MOVIE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ELLEN.....SEEING THE DEER MUST HAVE BEEN A GREAT THRILL.
BET THE KIDS LOVED IT. I AM AMAZED AT ALL YOU GUYS GET DONE.
IT WAS NICE TO READ YOU & DH GOT TO GO TO A GAME

CEEJAY.....ENJOY YOUR REST ON THURSDAY.
I'LL THINK OF YOU WHILE I'M SHOPPING!
HOPE THE HEADACHE DIDN'T AMOUNT TO MUCH.
TERRIBLE SINUS WEATHER THIS YEAR AND GETTING WORSE.

HAPPY....HOPE YOU MADE IT THRU WORK WITH FEET & LEGS
OMETIMES I DO THE SAME THING WHEN I HAVE TO B SOMEWHERE.
WAKE UP A FEW TIMES DURING THE NIGHT.
WE HAD CHICKENFAJITAS NOT LONG AGO.
BUT THEY CAME IN A BOX!!

ANNI...GET WELL WISHES FOR JAKE. POOR KIDDO.
HAPPY TO HEAR SASSY IS FITTING IN SO NICELY.
HAD A LAUGH AT DAD WANTING TO DOG SIT.
LKAUGHED EVEN HARDER AT CURTIS WITH A TIARA!!
HE'S A KEEPER....THAT'S OR SURE.

MICHELLE....I AM VERY HAPPY TO READ YOUR POST.
HOE YOU BOTH FIND AN EASIER PATH TO WALK TOGETHER ON.
STAY CALM & JUST LOVE EACH OTHER.
DON'T "READ TOO MUCH" INTO THINGS THAT ARE SAID.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #35  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHOOT....I DIDN'T SEE ALL THESE POSTS.............

LAURA....I FELT THE SAME WAY ABOUT WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.
NEVER FINISHED THE WHOLE THING.
HOPE YOU FIND SOME CLASSES YOU LIKE.
THE YOGALATES SOUNDED INTERESTING.
I NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE.

SHAD....I WISH I COPULD SEND YOU SOME SUN BUT WE DON'T HAVE ANY.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RAIN???
WE HAVE A SALE ON THAT AT THE MOMENT.
HAD A LAUGH AT THE DS & THE TOOLS.
I GET STUFF LIKE THAT ONCE & AWHILE HERE.
I ASK HER...WHEN DID YOU BECOME THE MOMMY?!?!?
AND YES....SO FAR FRIDAY IS THE BEST BET STILL.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #36  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning! Good Morning! Dh has been on a Beatles kick, so I have that part stuck in my head. LOL yesterday was nice. My mom woke up late, so we did not do a mall walk, instead I drove up to her house and then we went to walmart. DD3 really cleaned up, got coloring books, a paint set bubbles and a pair of flip flops. All I went in for was razors for DH…LOL

Yesterday was busy as always. Having kids in sports keeps me running after school and I am trying not to be lazy during the day with DD3. DS & DD1 had a cross country meet yesterday. Both did ok considering the humidity…DS is still not pushing himself, I am thinking I may have to start running to mke him push harder. My knees and ankles are not going to like that! Then once I got everyone home I ran back out for curriculum night at DD2’s school.

Today I am planning on a Mall Walk with mom, taking the kids for an unofficial practice (coach has a staff meeting) and hitting a craft store looking for supplies for a small project for my friend’s wedding. Looking like we are going to get more rain…will have to run thru the rain drops

Ceejay~take care with your headache. ((hugs)) for a quick recovery!

Happy~your fahita’s sound so good! I am trying to walk a little everyday , one of these days I will incorporate weights or a resistance band for my arms

Annie~ROFL I love when the kids “dress ppl up” I hope C had a good time playing along. I hope Lil man is feeling better…cutting teeth has to be the worst.

Michelle~So glad you and DH are both committed and communicating. I just had a discussion over the weekend about people in general need to put in as much or more work into the marriage as they do into the wedding. More hugs and Prayers

Laura~the yogalates class sounds neat. Do you take your classes thru the MP park district??

Shad~Please do be careful with the power tools. Wouldn’t want you to have a frizzy fro!! Yes the healthcare systems are really different, I guess if it was just Dh and I it would be better to do what you do, but with all the kids all it takes is one minor accident and my savings would be wiped out!

Melody~Hope the rains stop long enough for your TJ trip today!

OK, gotta get rolling. This took me way too long esp with having to stop and direct children. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday/Thursday!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #37  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Woke up to a big storm outside - thunderboomers AND hail. Glad I didn't have to go out in it. And this was a 30 percent chance of rain The storm came along with colder weather. By Friday we are looking at lows in the mid 30's again. Time to get the tarp out. The cucumbers are about done. The green bell peppers are coming into their own finally and the jalapenos are sprouting like mad. My grape tomatoes are doing fine, I get more than I can eat each day. Not so sure about the regular tomatoes. I have lots of green ones but without consistent hot temperatures they are just not tasting as fresh as the smaller grape tomatoes. I know at most the garden will only last until the end of the month, if that long. Debating about planting garlic this fall. I thought the grow your own stuff my cousin gave me was quite flavorful. Anyway, so much for the farm report

Work yesterday wasn't bad. We had a steady stream of customers, slow enough for me to easily keep up with them. I will be working every other day definitely this week and perhaps more days next week as the owners have some travel plans and committments and would like me and the other new girl to handle the store. Boss said she almost called yesterday to say she'd be coming in late just to let me open by myself. On only my second day????? But I don't know how to turn on the yogurt machine Actually I'll be ok, just like she said. Guess I should get there 15 minutes early instead of 5 minutes just in case. Not that anyone's banging down the door in the early morning to get popcorn. Working does get me into more of a routine though. Forces me to make sure certain things get done because I don't have the luxury of saying I'll do it later. Last night DH made dinner - grilled pork chops. I bought some fingerling potatoes at the farmers market - never had those before - he looked up a recipe on the Internet and roasted them. When I walked in the door my sister had called so I was talking to her as he prepared dinner. I wanted to see what it was like to be on the other side of the table, where I just come from work and dinner was ready for me DH was going back and forth checking on the chops and the table wasn't set nor was the cucumbers and fresh tomatoes cut up. I asked him when dinner would be ready and he said "sooner if I get a little help here" (meaning I had to cut up the veggies and set the table). DH is not good at multitasking I just thought it was amusing that he can only do one thing at a time - guess no career as a caterer for him Anyway dinner was delicious. He really can cook nicely.

Got an email from my partner in crime back at my old job. Same old garbage going on - reward the inept, punish and hold back the people doing the real work. So glad I am out of there.

Today would be good day to catch up on some laundry, finish up the data entry for the museum and make some nice soups. Got a knock off recipe for Famous Dave's Chicken Wildrice soup that I've been meaning to make. DH also found a recipe for a slow roasted beef stew that sounded good even for someone (like me) who's not that fond of beef stew. Unless it comes with some fresh baked bread

Ellen - God bless you if you decide to take up running - especially if it's to motivate DS. I wouldn't run if someone was chasing me or if I was on fire Interesting point you make about people working on their marriage as hard as they did in the wedding planning. Watching Bridezilla is one of my guilty pleasures and I can't believe the extent of the expense these girls spend on trivial things for their wedding. Talk about entitlement. And considering most of these marriages won't last five years makes it all the more ridiculous. But I digress ... hope you enjoy the nice weather while you're outside with the kids. How cool that you got to see a deer up close.

Mel - hope the rain dries up for you. Some sunshine is nice too. Especially this time of year. Hope you have a good trip to Trader Joe's. I'm kind of jealous that you get to roam the aisles of all that great pre-cooked stuff. They probably have California Rolls too Happy Shopping!

Shad - so glad to hear that you didn't zap yourself with the power saw. I have great respect for gas and electricity as you don't often get a second chance to recover from an oops moment. And my cousin has a friend who lopped off 3 fingers when momentarily distracted while operating the circular saw. And yes, I don't intend to become a slave to the job ever again. I told DH the best kind of job is the one you don't need where you can call the shots

Michelle - funny you say that about R Patterson. I feel the same way about Zac Effron even worse I could potentially be as old as his grandma but lets not go there Hope you guys have a nice time on Saturday, wish I could have made it but for sure it's out with the work schedule. I hope things are going better for you and DH.

Annie - sounds like you had a nice couple of days outside of poor Lil Man's teeth issues. Good food and good company. Looks like Sassy is a hit. I love you coming up with all kinds of nicknames with Sassy had a good laugh and several smiles over that one. Also C is a good sport letting Ainsley dress him up. There is a reality show on now Where the Women Went or something like that. Small South Carolina town where the women over 18 were all taken away for a week and the menfolk left on their own to deal with the babies and businesses and such. It's a social experiment. To boot they had to help out with a local tea for the froo froo ladies as well as have their daughters participate in a beauty pagent. It's a cute premise. C dressing up reminded me of the lost dads at the beauty pagent. Thanks for the tip on the socks. I have 2 pairs of cushy shoes which help alot. There are rather fitted so I don't know if I have anything that would be enough for the extra socks but I will check it out - maybe with my standard sneakers. I also figured out like you that letting some hot water in the bottom of the tub while showering feels good on the feet.

Laura - yes, the popcorn is not a temptation for me. Yesterday I did have a small bit of the lemon yogurt which was quite good. Tangy like yogurt used to be before they added all the sugar and flavorings in it. I did like that so it's probably fortunate that she'll only be running the machines for another week. The owner is fit and trim and she said after 4 years in this business, she still goes home with a sore back and feet so while it gets better as I get used to it, not sure I'll ever walk out at the end of the day not happy that the day is over with If you can do a spin, yogalates and a strength class each week, that seems a good mix of all the right things. Twice a week each would be better but hey, that's what we who are not born rich with alot of time on our hands have to suffer Hope you guys have a nice time together this weekend.

I've been on and off the computer for hours now. I need to focus on getting some things done so later chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #38  

Hello Worldlies. Happy Hump Day!

Ellen - Hope you got to do some mall walking today. The yogalaties class I'm thinking of taking is offered by our local HS district community education program. I've never taken a class through them, but it might be a nice change of pace. I'm still on the fence about it. Usually I've taken classes through the Mt. Prospect Park District, and before that, I did Jazzercise.

Mel - Love the graphic today - especially that hot pink color! Had to look up the movie you mentioned! Too funny that Richard Burton played an (East) Indian doctor, but then again a lot of the old Westerns had white men in the roles of the (Native American) Indians. Have a good trip to Trader Joe's tomorrow - I have to get over there myself sometime soon. Yogalates sounds similar to a PIYO class I took with my fitness passport (Pilates/Yoga combo).

Shad - Let DS fuss, you know what you're doing with those power tools! Re getting greedy...it seems like Jazzercise went up in price a lot too. Now there's a joining fee as well as a monthly fee. I'm still on their mailing list and I just received a mailing from my old instructor - $99 for the rest of the year, no joining fee! Now that's a good deal. Too bad it's a bit far to drive with these gas prices, not to mention the travel time.

Hellos to the rest of the Wordlies.
---
Boring night last night - dinner at Culver's, then to the market and then to Walmart. Bad day to shop at Walmart - the shelves needed restocking badly. Have to remember that. Back to the thought that Friday would be a good night to do the shopping - I should think the shelves would be stocked in preparation for the weekend onslaught. Bf laughed when I told him that it could be our date night, lol.

Nothing planned tonight. I need to do some sorting in our home office - my motivation is that I'm looking for something!! Yes, me, who never gets rid of any paper, can't find the particular papers I'm looking for. Sigh. So I could have pitched everything and had the same outcome, but with a much cleaner office.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #39  

Happy, you're the sneaker inner! LOL, the farm report. Nice to have dinner (almost) ready when you arrive home. Bf is also not a great multi-tasker as far as meal prep goes. All this yogurt talk has me wanting some nice vanilla frozen yogurt. I remember liking TCBY's vanilla. Another tip that might make being on your feet more comfy is replacing the inserts in your shoes with nicer ones, such as spenco or polysorb (I think those are the brands).
Old 09-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #40  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks -

I honestly don't know what's going to happen with my marriage. I caught him in more lies/secrets today. I'm not even sure if we're going to talk about it tonight. Frankly, I'm too exhausted with all this B.S. And he leaves for CA tomorrow, and who knows what he'll do and with whom while he's there.

Love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #41  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not much to report today. It's another lovely sunny day. Bit cool this morning, but it will warm up soon.
Today I am going to put the weed mat down on my project and then get the stones and cement to fill it back up with again. I need to check out the pavers and get some more if necessary. The concrete bit is going to make me sweat and no doubt swear as well. But one more thing out of the way. Nearly done.

Mel - no need to send sun. We have plenty. We'll take a bit of rain tho' but not as much as in 2010 okay?? Friday, your time it is. Now better set my alarm for Saturday morning.

Laura - I always find it amazing that some of our supermarkets have empty shelves. I ask myself why this is when they employ people at night to restock shelves and they always seem to have big trollies of boxes in the aisles that I want to be in during the day.

Ellen - yep I agree about putting more into the wedding than the marriage. Seems to me that they seem to think that everything builds to that one day. Don't they stop to think that there is another 50 years after that day?

Happy - keys to the store!!! Access to the yoghurt machine, access to the popcorn machine. Sounds like hippy heaven. Poor DH. Funny how their minds focus on only the obvious.

Annie - not here yet. Okay - hope the teeth have made their appearance now. DS1 always had terrible trouble with teeth. Maybe that's where he developed a taste for Scotch!

Michelle - Where is the DMIL in all this? Listen to what he has to say but reserve judgement for when the facts are apparent. The separation while he is in CA may be good for both of you to step back and think about this.

Better go and get on with the day. Miss Puss is waiting for me to go outside so she can supervise the days labours. Mind you she does this mostly with her eyes closed.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #42  

Michelle - So sorry to hear that. Not sure what to say, except to hang in there and don't shut down the lines of communication.

This day has dragged. I'm definitely getting the earlier train today.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #43  

Hi Shad! Hope you don't have too much sweating and swearing today. How large is the area you've been working on? You're right - why the heck are they always in the aisle with their big pallet of stock to shelve mid-day on a Saturday?? LOL re DS's affinity for Scotch began with teething!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #44  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Michelle - I will break camp and say beat some sense into his silly head In all seriousness, I'm very sorry to hear this. I agree with Shad about some time away to give yourself time to think things over. But I do think it's a pretty crappy way to spend a birthday If you want to talk in the evening, give me a call...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #45  

Height: 5'5"

Luv and hugs to all this morning. Esp Michelle!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote