Old 06-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

We are tidying up after the storm and what a doozy it was. This has made the second time in a couple of months that the tornado siren has gone off while I am at work. It got as dark as night. The power went down at the plant but I shut things off just a few minutes before. Whew. I hope that the stand by electric guy calls me back. I have one more for him. Did I say I like silence.

Shad
I'm going to rember that what comes your way will eventually come our way.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-13-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo's
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #92  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Me belly hurts....goodnight sweet sistas.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #93  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just pm'd everyone back about my choices for Mel. I don't know the brands well and I would probably have picked a more expensive one such as an ipod or whatever, but as I said, I don't know the brands and what they can do.
The earphones are a good idea. I'm sure someone will be able to sort out the instructions for her.
That PM thing sucks as far as numbers of recipients. Okay it says five, but it also includes the BCC in that as well so you only get to do 5, not five and five.

I've been out to the Coppabella mine this morning and need to go back at 5.30pm to talk some more, meantime I get to come back here, go to the gym and check my mail and stuff and do some more work, if the system lets me.

Laura - sounds like you had a busy weekend and good on you for the exercise classes. At least the book club hostess was on the ball with the discussion paper.

Ceejay - sounds like you are having a hard time with the weather warnings etc. Hope it all settles down soon.

Annie - belly hurts - been eating too much again by the sound of it.

Michelle - thanks for doing that research for me. I've sent a reply of what I would like. I'm happy to pay for it, ceejay might like to think about the earphones or not as the case may be. The only reason I don't send it from here is that the electrical systems are different and it might not work over there.

So I had better go get one with checking out how Christchurch went overnight and get an email off to my cousin in Darfield. It seems that Ruthxxx's friend is a vicar and is now tending a parish in Darfield so I should get my cousin to introduce herself - isn't it a small world?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #94  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies -

Sorry I've fallen so far behind on personals. After spending at least 6+ hours per day (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) working on websites, I wasn't too keen to post much. But I did read about everyone's weekend.

There's still more website work to be done over the next 2-3 weeks, which is good. One client has a few more updates, and the other client who wants a whole site redesign/revamp is pleased with the new design/layout so now I have to convert the existing website into the new layout and rework the content so that it's more user friendly.

DH is feeling under the weather with stomach issues, so he rested a bit this weekend. DMIL wanted to go visit her sister this week, so yesterday I drove her over there. I'm really looking forward to this coming Sunday. DH's aunt and cousin are taking DMIL and I to see Fiddler on the Roof. I really enjoy that musical, and I can't wait to see it live.

It's going to be a busy week at work, catching up from having yesterday off. But busy is good...keeps me out of trouble.

BTW, I got a note back from Jen...Wow! I had no idea the extent of Mel's internal infection. So many organs were affected! It's way worse than what I had. Poor dear. I do hope she follows the doctor's orders, and has a quick and complete recovery. to her and to Jen.

Annie - It sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend! I'm thrilled that you are so happy, and that David is treating you well. Sounds like dinner AND dessert were both fantastic! So cool that he got to meet the whole family!

Ceejay - So scary when the tornado sirens go off. Stay safe, my friend. I hope that your family get together comes to fruition. That would be so wonderful for all of you.

Happy - How did the dye job go? Were you able to find shower caps for your mom? I wouldn't even know where to start to look for those. I totally understand how you hate it when things bust up your weekend days. When I have stuff to do...especially website stuff or shopping or cooking, I try and do it all first thing in the morning. I get up early (sometimes 5 or 6 am to do website work), and just plow through what I need to get done. Both Saturday and Sunday, I was upstairs on the computer by 7 am and by the time 2 pm came around, my brain was fried, I couldn't focus my eyes, and it was time to spend the rest of the day relaxing (aka, doing laundry). The back got a bit twingey with some ball Zumba moves...but I emailed the instructor and told her, and we'll be taking those songs out of my repertoire (sp?). BTW, Zumba is tonight. I'll be participating in a regular class...but doing the moves/routines sitting on the exercise ball. Also, my back didn't much like sitting in front of a computer for 3 days only to come back to work and do it for the rest of the week...but at least I'm going to be getting some exercising/stretching in tonight.

Shad - Bummer that your boots got stuck in the mud...but at least the car didn't. I hope you're not having any more issues with connecting remotely. Whenever you are ready for that website, let me know. I like the title Handbags and Hardhats...of course B*stards you've known is also good. Loved the photos on FB, the sunflower field must've been gorgeous in its prime. I sent you a PM about the cost of audio books, how many would fit on a 4GB or 8GB MP3 player, and the ease (or difficulty) of downloading from services other than iTunes. Most libraries have audiobooks in CD format. I really, really like listening to audiobooks on my CD walkman. So maybe we could get her one of those, some nice headphones, and maybe some rechargeable batteries and a battery charger. I'm open to whatever we decide and am more than happy to order and contribute to this gift...and depending on what we all decide, and the cost, maybe we could purchase a gift card for her to get books/music. Just a thought. I'm glad to hear that your friends/family in Christchurch are okay, despite being a bit shaken.

Ellen - So nice of your brother to watch your kids, and so very nice of you to watch your siblings. Are they much younger than you? I'll keep my fingers crossed that your wedding dress fits your sister. When DH and I got married, I wanted a simple dress with no train. I found a lovely tea-length dress in the JC Penney catalog for around $100. I found two, had them shipped to the store so I could try them on and return them right away if they weren't "right". I tried one on that didn't look like much on the hanger, but when I had it on it was exactly what I wanted. It was perfect!

Laura - It's so hard to exercise, even indoors, when the humidity is high. I applaud you for your efforts. I'm glad your strawberries were a hit at book club, even if someone else brought some too. You can never have too many. So nice that the book club discussions centered around the book. What a concept, huh? Like you, when I go out for breakfast, I order things I wouldn't eat at home...and my choices at the restaurant tend to be much higher in calories than a typical breakfast. But, I don't always have lunch when I eat breakfast out, so that makes up for a few of the calories. I hope they let you keep your fan, but good idea to hide it until you need it. It's good that you don't have much office cleanup to do this week.

Time to get some work done.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Will any ear phones/ear buds work. I'm not to savy when it comes to electronics.

Annie
Yep too much food. But glad you enjoyed the week full of excitement. Feel better soon.

Michelle
You must be tired after all that web sight work and customer's were pleased.
Hope dh feels better soon. The musical sounds fun also.

Happy
Did you survive the storm yesterday? It got rough enough here that the boss came to the plant. The weather people down graded the tornado warning to a severe thunder storm so I didn't have to go down in the pit with those men. Yuck. At least the boss pumped out the excess waste water.

----
I have slept well the past couple of days and decided I would take the Melatonin. It works like a charm. I had a good deep sleep. So deep that I was groggy this morning. I could use some more sleep now.
Have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #96  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - Any headphones/ear buds will work. But it's a matter of comfort...it's very difficult to find earbuds (that go inside the ear) that are comfortable. I think it's probably best to hold off on purchasing headphones, and get everything at once. I'm happy to make the purchase once we decide on what to get, and then y'all can pitch in. I'm glad the tornado warning was downgraded and that the boss pumped out the excess waste water. I'm glad you had a good night's sleep...Sounds like you could take the Melatonin again tonight...maybe take it a bit earlier though so you aren't as groggy.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #97  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening Everyone....

Yesterday was quite nice...still celebrating my birthday....David came and took me to lunch. P.F. Changs....Very good...had sesame chicken over brown rice with broccoli and hot and sour soup. Gave the broccoli to David as it makes my tummy hurt and get indigestion.

WOW has my allergies kicked in this morning. I have sneezed about 50 times this morning and it is only 9:30. Found some allergy meds in my desk so I am going to pop some.

SHADDIE...I really have not eaten too much, just different things than normal and actually I am down 3 lbs this morning. Weird. I would like to go in on the gift for MELLIE... The NZ earthquake has been all over our Indy news, that is horrible, and twice within months of each other....Prayers.

CHELLE...Thanks for taking the initiative on the the gift...you are one ROCKIN' SISTA...xoxo

CEEJAY...hope your weather lightens up just a bit for you. We are supposed to get some crappy weather coming in tonight also...

LAURA...even tho you may be eating the wrong things, it sounds as tho you are getting some exercising in. Guess that crosses each other out and all is good.

MELLIE..more hugs and get well wishes, and GREAT health vibes are being beamed over to you.

Hey ya HAPPY, hope you day is going marvelous!!

ELLEN...hope your world is spinning at just the right speed for you.

Better get my bunz in gear...I guess we are having a meeting this afternoon that I knew nothing about but have to be prepared to attend and they expect me to participate. Just wonderful.

Much love and many huggo's
Old 06-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #98  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE...CEEJAY...sneaker inners....hmpf, sigh...

CHELLE...stay away from DH, that is all you need to catch what he has...

CEEJAY...yes, melatonin is marvelous...good for you on sleeping.

Happy...CVS has shower caps...Aisle 21, left side, bottom shelf...two types, 3.99 for one 5.99 for the other...I can pick some up for you if you need me to.

Hugs
Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #99  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thank you ladies for the suggestions on the shower caps. I do have a temporary stock of those "in a pinch" cheap and crappy (Momma's words) ones from the hotels. I still snitch them when I see them in our room.

But those are not good enough ladies

She wants the plastic outside, terry cloth inside shower caps. And they can't be made too chintzy. And they have to have a good elastic on them and they have to be ROOMY so that they don't smash Mom's 1950's Barbie over permed bubble topped bouffant hairdo. She doesn't like the plastic because over time, that cracks and they are no good. I haven't found the ones with a lifetime guarantee yet Actually there is a Sally Beauty Supply store right by the grocery store. So we took a peek on Saturday. They have plastic unlined shower caps, sleep caps and some sort of hair product caps. I was about to give up but then I noticed in one bottom corner they had "cue the harps" - a yellow terry lined on the inside, leopard print on the outside NYLON not stiff plastic shower cap. Thank you Lord for looking after my Momma. She was SOOOO happy she bought 2 of them. I told her with the leopard print we can go down to the red light district and hang with the peeps. She can be the rappin' grannmah. Seriously, I am glad we found them as she is very particular and wants exactly what she wants. Like when we went to the Crocs outlet store in Alabama and she liked a pair of shoes that was one size too small for her. She did not understand why they only had this one size that didn't fit her and the rest were "big bazootie gunboats" (size 11). I said "Mom, that's what an outlet store is - leftovers to sell cheap". She insisted on taking these shoes that were too small even though we told her they would NOT stretch. The other day she was telling me about them and how they are sitting in a closet because they don't fit BUT they were such a great bargain price. Almost makes me sorry I don't have kids to do the same thing too when I get older.

Annie - I did see that CVS had showercaps at the online store. Was going to check them out but I think they are unlined. Thanks for checking though Oh poor girl. Reading your post I see you popped some allergy meds zzzzzzzzzz and then you have to sit in a meeting and present! Ack!!!!! I hope you can keep it together woman. Yum on the PF Chang's. I love their stuff. The new stuff you can buy in the freezer from them - not so good :P

I use headphones like this when I'm at work They are cheap but stay in your ears and have decent sound quality. Are they as good as my expensive BOSE headphones? Of course not. But they also sit in the ears and hang on the ears so you don't have the problem with the heavy clunkiness of the headband type headphones. And they are smaller than the earbuds you typically see. Just a suggestion...

Ok, I think you guys have sold me on the Melatonin. Will have to give it a try.

Ceejay - we are ok, thanks for asking. One guy in our pod has a weather radio and we started paying attention when it went off. At first we poo poo'd it - oh it's up in Arkansas up Ceejay's way, we won't get it. Then it abruptly turned south and headed our way got all dark and thundery, rain was swirling in circles. A bunch of us ran out to our cars to shut the windows as we had left them cracked open a bit in the intense heat. It got so dark we were all taking turns saying "Oh my gosh" (I still say cussin' is more fun and makes a better point ) I guess we have unstable air and might get more storms again the next day or two but that was kind of scary. I'm glad you are ok too. Yuck - sitting in a pit does not sound good at all.

Michelle - if you're going to regular Zumba and doing it on an exercise ball, be prepared for questions. I would think that would spark some people's interest in a good way! and maybe make it a little easier for people just starting out. Geez on the poor back. I could see how spending the entire weekend working on web stuff would really aggrivate it. Hope you can move around and get it stretched out. Glad your clients like the updates and the new look you designed. Thanks for all the research you did with the players and such. Too much to pick from and it gets confusing for my poor head

Shad - hope your friends and family are ok in Christchurch. How sad was a beautiful town went to ruins with all those rumblers. Out in the mines like you are, I'm thinking you are the striking example of "hearty bush woman" I think the company should be happy they were lucky enough to get someone as seasoned as you.

Hi Ellen and Laura Sorry I can't get to everyone's personals. Lots of off topic yakking at our staff meeting that went over and now I have to get back to work.

Love and hugs to you Mel Hope you are behaving yourself and getting better. We miss you
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #100  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Loved the "Mom" stories! I am prepared for lots of questions at Zumba tonight, and some "Welcome Back"s, "How's Your Back", etc. I'm also prepared for lots of staring as I try and do some of the moves on the ball. And I don't like to be the center of attention...so hopefully it won't last long. But it's the only way I can enjoy Zumba right now, so I'm going to do it. It would be awesome if my participation gets other limited mobility people interested in learning Zumba alternatives. As for the headphones, I'm not a big fan of the over the ear, but to each her own. I use flexible ear buds for listening to music, but for listening to audiobooks when I'm laying in bed, I use these. For me, at least the sound quality doesn't have to be as good for audiobooks as for music. I'm totally leaving the decisions up to y'all though.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #101  

Shhh y'all,
I just got a note from Mel herself. She is weak but improving. I will put the text on a pm for you all shortly. Or rather 2 pms since I can't post to all at once.
Off to Mackay this morning - time for some classroom training. I shall miss the bush and my 'blokes' we have had some good jokes, some plain speaking and some very off the wall politically incorrect chats and some old fashioned speeches - such as 'don't think, just do!' ' your problem mate, do you want a job or not? then sit down, shut up and get on with it' 'suck it up princess' was uttered several times as well. And at one time some of us grizzlies fished out the words to 'there is a hole in my bucket' (or in this case a hole in the centrifuge basket) much to the younger ones amazement and someone uttered 2 verses and a chorus to 'Under the Southern Cross I stand'. Which is probably akin to Eskimo Nell. None of this will happen in the city.

No personals right now, because I have to get dressed and packed and then get a big breakfast before the long journey in my coal dust streaked car.
I'll get these PM's under way and get on with my day.

Have fun.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #102  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Hump Day ladies -

Last night, I did 30 minutes of an actual Zumba class! True, I was sitting on an exercise/stability ball the entire time, but I was able to either do or modify all the moves and I got an incredible workout and it was so much fun!! My heart rate was up. I worked up a good sweat. Sounds a bit like Annie's after dinner "dessert" with D. Just kidding, Zumba wasn't anywhere near as much fun as "dessert", though I've always said that in my opinion, it is quite possibly the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

I did get lots of "Welcome Back"s and "How's Your Back". And I also got some funny looks and questions like "How are you going to do Zumba on the ball?" The instructor and I explained that we've been working it out for a few weeks so that it's possible to do most of the routines. By the end of the class, I had several people say that they were amazed how many of the moves were possible and how good of a workout you could get doing Zumba on the ball.

I have PT today at lunchtime, and then tonight is water aerobics. And I'm really looking forward to Zumba again tomorrow.

Shad - Thanks for forwarding along the note from Mel. Glad that you had such a good time with the blokes. I have to ask...were you the one saying 'suck it up princess' to the blokes? I can't imagine them saying it to you. I'm not sure I know "Under the Southern Cross I Stand" but I am familiar with the song "Southern Cross" by Crosby Stills & Nash. I hope you had safe and uneventful travels back to Mackay.

I've got to get some work done, so I'll be back later to check on you chicks.

Lots of love,
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #103  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning on this Fine, DARK, THUNDERY, STORMY Hump Day....

Hope everyone is doing well today/nite. Crazy buzy here, no time for personals...yikes.

David came over for dinner last night,,we grilled out. Quite a good evening.

Have a marvelous day all.

Love and hugs
Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #104  

Morning all. Quick pop in to say hello. Pretty busy here, including second demos on two of the software apps we're considering. Yesterday's was a half-day session! Unfortunately, it wasn't as productive as it could have been. Let's hope tomorrow's session is better. Still sore from a BE workout I did on Monday evening. Last night saw the movie "Midnight in Paris" with Owen Wilson. I enjoyed it. You never know with those Woody Allen movies...

Okay, gotta run. I have the 3rd retirement planning session starting in 10 min. Oops, didn't do my homework...
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #105  

Today has probably been the worst day of my professional life. Nothing worked as supposed. The users didn't have the permissions they required. Anything that it was supposed to do, the system didn't including add a message that said you must enter a planning plant when there wasn't even a field for a planning plant entry. It was horrific. The guys were good. One got a bit upset but it wasn't aimed at me. I was all for heating up the cattle prod.
I am upset. At times I feel like hitting something or throwing something and at others I feel close to tears. I won't let it get me - Kiwi ingenuity managed to get me through the day, however I won't put up with it tomorrow and have sent messages to that effect.

I think I will go for a walk or a run to see if I can get it out of the system. Forgive me for no personals. I just don't have it in me at the moment